Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best window for years 00:26 - Sep 3 with 1175 viewsjacaranda

I was gonna try and shoehorn my opinion into someone else's thread but it didn't work out. You can say we didn't have this, didn't get this etc but this is one of the best Windows in years. Kept our talent
Sold well, for good profit and covered last minute with people I've never heard of. Instead of not buying anyone and selling our talent late, so you can't get anyone tidy in.
Joe's back
We've stopped playing our boys out of position, so nobody wants to but them.
I think it's a strategic master plan that's gonna come good. Next game we win by 3
Lump on
Best window for years on 00:28 - Sep 3 with 1173 viewsjacaranda

And we got rid of Bennett
Result
Best window for years on 01:24 - Sep 3 with 1143 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have always believed these owners are decent and responsible owners of Swansea. They have learned on the job after the Bradley problems and seem prepared to listen to the opinions of the local staff. They have been generally hands off in letting their chairman run things.

The have had their fingers burned on the recruitment front by several mangers including Clement, Potter, Cooper and to a lesser extent Martin. For that reason Silverstein has been sent over as an extra pair of eyes.

They have had to put up with abuse and the nonsense inspired by rogue shareholders who lost sight of what they were about. The nonsense eventually ran out of road based on being short of time, cash and justification.

Clement went to Anfield and won in an excellent performance on Tom Carroll's debut. His success was with good team, recruitment of players and a simple game plan carried out with discipline. He did not need to be a great manager.

Swansea and Martins future will be based on the success for recruitment. If the 3 loans fly Pato and Ntcham recover their mojos then things are looking up.

There is no excuse for this squad to be below Rotherham and Blackpool.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Best window for years on 11:08 - Sep 3 with 980 viewsCatullus

I can't fault the optimism and I really hope you are right.

it'll be a very good start if we aren't playing anybody out of position but if Oba's up front then Piroe will be in behind and I'd rather have them both up front.

QPR have made a solid start, W3 D2 L2 but it's nothing special, should be a decent test though because this season has already thrown up some very conflicting results.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best window for years on 11:30 - Sep 3 with 964 viewsWhiterockin

Best window for years on 11:08 - Sep 3 by Catullus

it'll be a very good start if we aren't playing anybody out of position but if Oba's up front then Piroe will be in behind and I'd rather have them both up front.

QPR have made a solid start, W3 D2 L2 but it's nothing special, should be a decent test though because this season has already thrown up some very conflicting results.

As you say I would rather both up front in a 4 4 2, but hey what do I know.
Best window for years on 11:34 - Sep 3 with 955 viewsjack247

Best window for years on 11:08 - Sep 3 by Catullus

Love Oba, but I think I’d rather start with just Piroe. He’s a different animal up front. Our attack looked more cohesive on Wednesday with a creative #10 who didn’t mind running at defenders.

I can see the logic of squeezing Piroe into midfield, just to have him on the pitch for his finishing ability, but for me, either find a formation that lets us play two strikers, or leave one of them on the bench.
Best window for years on 11:41 - Sep 3 with 950 viewsCatullus

Best window for years on 11:30 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

As you say I would rather both up front in a 4 4 2, but hey what do I know.

I'd rather we went with 4-1-3-2 I think and I'd have Joe as the one!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best window for years on 11:42 - Sep 3 with 948 viewsDr_Winston

If Piroe is struggling sitting in the #10 role it's because the ball isn't getting forward quickly enough and he feels the need to drop deep to come and get it.

Seemed obvious to me last season that his all round game, goals and creativity came on significantly once he dropped into that role behind Oba, and I suspect that people looking for reasons why he might not have started the season as well this time around are alighting on the wrong one.

Last season Paterson fulfilled that role for him to begin with, but when Paterson went off the boil (and never really got back to his early season form after "The Sulk") Piroe wasn't as effective until we made the change to accommodate MO. To me we have to have both Piroe and Oba in the side if they're available, and this is by far the best way to do it IF we're going to persist with a five man midfield.

I don't know if their individual styles would suit being put together as an orthodox strike partnership.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Best window for years on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 881 viewsjack247

Best window for years on 11:42 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

If Piroe is struggling sitting in the #10 role it's because the ball isn't getting forward quickly enough and he feels the need to drop deep to come and get it.

Seemed obvious to me last season that his all round game, goals and creativity came on significantly once he dropped into that role behind Oba, and I suspect that people looking for reasons why he might not have started the season as well this time around are alighting on the wrong one.

Last season Paterson fulfilled that role for him to begin with, but when Paterson went off the boil (and never really got back to his early season form after "The Sulk") Piroe wasn't as effective until we made the change to accommodate MO. To me we have to have both Piroe and Oba in the side if they're available, and this is by far the best way to do it IF we're going to persist with a five man midfield.

I don't know if their individual styles would suit being put together as an orthodox strike partnership.

I’m sure that’s what we’ll do. I just thought we looked better at Stoke with Piroe up front.

He’s got the creativity to play #10 if not the pace and trickery to beat defenders. Arguably better than Paterson and threading clever balls to Obafemi.

We’re missing that feeling of having a striker you think is going to score every time he gets a chance in the box.

Re. Dropping deep, couldn’t agree more. You know there’s something wrong when the likes of Manning and Lati are 20 yards further up the pitch than him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024