Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship net spend last 5 seasons 11:08 - Nov 20 with 1830 viewsjohnlangy

Just watched a youtube video where the bloke has worked out the net spend of all 24 Champ clubs over the last five seasons. He only looked at money spent on players out and players in re transfer fees. That doesn't cover everything of course but very interesting numbers nonetheless.

The Swans were top of the pile with a 104m euro profit while Cardiff for comparison were 23rd at minus 36m euros.

So, when you compare ourselves with Cardiff, their debt is still going up (God knows what it is now) whereas the Swans are more or less debt free while, at the same time, on the pitch we are streets ahead of them.

We can all argue the toss about where the money's gone. whether we should have spent more on bringing in better players and whether money's been taken out of the Club etc etc.

But the numbers are very interesting whatever your opinion on how the owners are running the Club.
Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:16 - Nov 20 with 1815 viewsWhiterockin

Very interesting indeed when you concider that one poster on here has been arguing that we are the top spending team.
Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:25 - Nov 20 with 1794 viewsKilkennyjack

Very interesting John.

Swans decided to cash assets and look for new talent.

My question is - did we waste the parachute money years ?

Might new (limited) investment then got us back up ?
One to ponder.

Dont get me wrong - outstanding to be debt free.

Beware of the Risen People

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:25 - Nov 20 with 1799 viewsKeithHaynes

Good post John.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:46 - Nov 20 with 1787 viewsmart66

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:16 - Nov 20 by Whiterockin

Very interesting indeed when you concider that one poster on here has been arguing that we are the top spending team.

Who on earth said that? They are wrong whoever it was.

We are certainly right up there when it comes to annual budgets though, but nowhere near top.

To the OP, we were relegated from the Premier League after 7 seasons and had accumulated 7 seasons worth of Premier League players, of course we will have sold among the highest amounts in the Championship. I can’t remember too many teams being relegated after so long in the Premier League.

As for where it went, servicing the debt and overheads we had from those 7 years. I would imagine there is still a little shortfall that may need servicing too, we still have PL legacy contracts that need addressing even to this day.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 14:11 - Nov 20 with 1725 viewsCatullus

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:46 - Nov 20 by mart66

Who on earth said that? They are wrong whoever it was.

We are certainly right up there when it comes to annual budgets though, but nowhere near top.

To the OP, we were relegated from the Premier League after 7 seasons and had accumulated 7 seasons worth of Premier League players, of course we will have sold among the highest amounts in the Championship. I can’t remember too many teams being relegated after so long in the Premier League.

As for where it went, servicing the debt and overheads we had from those 7 years. I would imagine there is still a little shortfall that may need servicing too, we still have PL legacy contracts that need addressing even to this day.

How many EPL legacy contracts do we have?

I thought that this season we were something like 4th from bottom in th budget league. Obviously it was different when we first came down but the owners have been relentlessyly cutting costs to make us sustainable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 19:25 - Nov 20 with 1668 viewsmart66

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 14:11 - Nov 20 by Catullus

How many EPL legacy contracts do we have?

I thought that this season we were something like 4th from bottom in th budget league. Obviously it was different when we first came down but the owners have been relentlessyly cutting costs to make us sustainable.

We are 8th in terms of budgets this season. People unfortunately are latching on to a silly throwaway comment made by Winter designed to take pressure off Russ when we were down the bottom.

If people knew how little clubs at the bottom have to work with they would realise how ludicrous such a notion is. Some of them haven’t spent a penny in years and highest earning player is less than 10k a week. We spend millions most seasons and even our average salary for a starter would be around many clubs maximum for a single player.

Naughton, Allen and Darling all earn around 20k a week, Ntcham is closer to 30k. Then Piroe, Grimes, Cundle, Obafemi and Fisher are all in excess of 10k. To suggest we are even outside the top 10 when it comes to budgets is hilarious, let alone bottom 4.

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 20:50 - Nov 22 with 1555 viewsCatullus

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 19:25 - Nov 20 by mart66

We are 8th in terms of budgets this season. People unfortunately are latching on to a silly throwaway comment made by Winter designed to take pressure off Russ when we were down the bottom.

If people knew how little clubs at the bottom have to work with they would realise how ludicrous such a notion is. Some of them haven’t spent a penny in years and highest earning player is less than 10k a week. We spend millions most seasons and even our average salary for a starter would be around many clubs maximum for a single player.

Naughton, Allen and Darling all earn around 20k a week, Ntcham is closer to 30k. Then Piroe, Grimes, Cundle, Obafemi and Fisher are all in excess of 10k. To suggest we are even outside the top 10 when it comes to budgets is hilarious, let alone bottom 4.

Well before I believe any gossip about it, I'll wait and see if any official fgures come out. They usually do at some point.

I'd be very surprised if Ntcham is near 30k though, and why Obafemi (who came from an EPL club) would be on so much less than Darling, I'm not sure.

Are those real figures or just guesstimations?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 20:56 - Nov 22 with 1546 viewsKeithHaynes

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 20:50 - Nov 22 by Catullus

Well before I believe any gossip about it, I'll wait and see if any official fgures come out. They usually do at some point.

I'd be very surprised if Ntcham is near 30k though, and why Obafemi (who came from an EPL club) would be on so much less than Darling, I'm not sure.

We have good links with several agencies, especially around transfer window time.
Just saying.

Login to get fewer ads

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 21:01 - Nov 22 with 1531 viewsKeithHaynes

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 11:25 - Nov 20 by Kilkennyjack

Very interesting John.

Swans decided to cash assets and look for new talent.

My question is - did we waste the parachute money years ?

Might new (limited) investment then got us back up ?
One to ponder.

Dont get me wrong - outstanding to be debt free.

I think we did in attempt to recover the outlay that Huw indulged in.
Before that we were doing ok.

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 21:05 - Nov 22 with 1525 viewsBoundy

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 19:25 - Nov 20 by mart66

We've only just started to pay Joe's wages , I'd be interested to see where you get your figures from

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 21:55 - Nov 22 with 1497 viewsmart66

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 20:50 - Nov 22 by Catullus

No gossip, it’s fact.

Which the accounts go on to prove time and time again.

Coming from a Premier League club doesn’t mean you are on more salary.

Darling was a regular starter for his club making the step up in grade whose stock was higher than Obafemis who had a questionable injury record and had to step down in order to find regular football.

Ntcham was signed with turning a profit in mind, he hasn’t worked out as planned. The zero fee justified the extra salary, hence why he is by far now our highest paid player.

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 07:05 - Nov 23 with 1443 viewsBryanSwan

£104m profit minus loan fees, signing on fees, agent fees.
Our initial exorbitant premier league wages and now pretty hefty wage bill still.

Money has not been taking out of the club, we do not have £104m in pure profit.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 18:20 - Nov 23 with 1353 viewsCatullus

Championship net spend last 5 seasons on 21:55 - Nov 22 by mart66

No gossip, it’s fact.

Which the accounts go on to prove time and time again.

Coming from a Premier League club doesn’t mean you are on more salary.

Darling was a regular starter for his club making the step up in grade whose stock was higher than Obafemis who had a questionable injury record and had to step down in order to find regular football.

Ntcham was signed with turning a profit in mind, he hasn’t worked out as planned. The zero fee justified the extra salary, hence why he is by far now our highest paid player.

Oh well, you can be mostly right.What the heck.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 18:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024