Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Benefits Culture ? 12:46 - Jan 24 with 2508 viewsjohnlangy

Did any of you hear the news yesterday where they said that there are 36 million (i'm pretty certain of that number - please correct if wrong) currently taking out more than they put into the system ie benefits out compared with tax in.

Thoughts ?
The Benefits Culture ? on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 1994 viewsGwyn737

I think it was a disingenuous and loaded presentation of the facts.

That figure wil include millions of pensioners (many of whom will have paid in to the system throughout their lives) and milllions of those on minimum wage or the gig economy whose wages don't hit threholds for paying tax.

Another way of presenting those low paid workers is to laud them for getting out to work instead of relying on benefits which in some cases would make them better off.

Still, that came from Tufton Street so we should know to take it with a pinch of salt.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 13:17]
The Benefits Culture ? on 16:37 - Jan 24 with 1922 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It did include as benefits free health care, free education etc all of which are paid out of taxation so the news is correct.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Benefits Culture ? on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 1902 viewsonehunglow

The Benefits Culture ? on 16:37 - Jan 24 by felixstowe_jack

It did include as benefits free health care, free education etc all of which are paid out of taxation so the news is correct.

Many make the decision forState to take care of everything

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Benefits Culture ? on 17:23 - Jan 24 with 1877 viewsGwyn737

The Benefits Culture ? on 16:37 - Jan 24 by felixstowe_jack

I’m surprised they didn’t include children in there, taking their free healthcare and free schooling while putting nothing back into the system.

Blummin’ parasites.
The Benefits Culture ? on 17:53 - Jan 24 with 1855 viewsswan65split

The Benefits Culture ? on 13:08 - Jan 24 by Gwyn737

I think it was a disingenuous and loaded presentation of the facts.

That figure wil include millions of pensioners (many of whom will have paid in to the system throughout their lives) and milllions of those on minimum wage or the gig economy whose wages don't hit threholds for paying tax.

Another way of presenting those low paid workers is to laud them for getting out to work instead of relying on benefits which in some cases would make them better off.

Still, that came from Tufton Street so we should know to take it with a pinch of salt.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 13:17]

Yes it appears our pension is regarded as a benefit ..."for legal reasons"
The Benefits Culture ? on 18:19 - Jan 24 with 1833 viewsBoundy

The Benefits Culture ? on 17:53 - Jan 24 by swan65split

Yes it appears our pension is regarded as a benefit ..."for legal reasons"

Well I've paid into my so called benefit and intend to spend it to the max . They never tell you that if you defer taking your state pension until later you're taxed on the lump sum , pity I can't afford a good tax accountant unlike some grasping barstewards

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Benefits Culture ? on 18:33 - Jan 24 with 1815 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Benefits Culture ? on 18:19 - Jan 24 by Boundy

Well I've paid into my so called benefit and intend to spend it to the max . They never tell you that if you defer taking your state pension until later you're taxed on the lump sum , pity I can't afford a good tax accountant unlike some grasping barstewards

Same here, I'm not drawing it yet but when I qualify, in roughly 12 years, I shall take it and knw what ever they say it's an entitlement because I paid for it.

As Gwyn said, a twisting of the facts. All to suit their propaganda machine.

I tell you what is a massive benefit, the gold plated expense accounts and then the gold plated pensions our MP's get which is way above what the likes of us will recieve.
The Benefits Culture ? on 20:44 - Jan 24 with 1754 viewsbritferry

the Tories were thinking of bumping up the retirement age to 68 but they've realised it would be a big vote loser

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

The Benefits Culture ? on 21:28 - Jan 24 with 1722 viewsBoundy

The Benefits Culture ? on 20:44 - Jan 24 by britferry

the Tories were thinking of bumping up the retirement age to 68 but they've realised it would be a big vote loser

Welll the argument that we're now living longer maybe true but older individuals are not necessarily living healthier, nor are more active lives

The Benefits Culture ? on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 1704 viewsFlashberryjack

The Benefits Culture ? on 21:28 - Jan 24 by Boundy

Welll the argument that we're now living longer maybe true but older individuals are not necessarily living healthier, nor are more active lives

To be fair, if you are an office worker, or have a job where you can work from home, retiring at 68 isn't a problem, but a big problem if you work in an industry that involves heavy manual labour.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Benefits Culture ? on 22:51 - Jan 24 with 1676 viewsThurrockJack92

Stories like this are just designed to distract from the real sponges of the government coffers. The cost of some lazy spring rolls sitting on their backside rather than working pales in comparison to the money spunked on dodgy contracts for test & trace, ppe and god knows what else.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Benefits Culture ? on 01:42 - Jan 25 with 1656 viewsDJack

Articleslike these are some of the many reasons they strive to create division/diversions...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/25/uk-placed-in-third-tier-in-glob

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jan/24/panel-approving-richard-sharp-as-b

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Benefits Culture ? on 08:46 - Jan 25 with 1586 viewsBoundy

The Benefits Culture ? on 22:51 - Jan 24 by ThurrockJack92

Stories like this are just designed to distract from the real sponges of the government coffers. The cost of some lazy spring rolls sitting on their backside rather than working pales in comparison to the money spunked on dodgy contracts for test & trace, ppe and god knows what else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not everyone who's on benefits should be on them but there's also a lot who through no fault of their own have to be , the trick is identifying which group is what category, not a job I would like nor trained to if I was .

The Benefits Culture ? on 08:53 - Jan 25 with 1583 viewsThurrockJack92

The Benefits Culture ? on 08:46 - Jan 25 by Boundy

Not everyone who's on benefits should be on them but there's also a lot who through no fault of their own have to be , the trick is identifying which group is what category, not a job I would like nor trained to if I was .

Absolutely, but articles like this are designed to make people think everyone is a scrounger/ they are bankrupting us by not working. Just pointing out that even in the worst scenario, they aren't the ones doing the most damage to the coffers.
The Benefits Culture ? on 09:28 - Jan 25 with 1567 viewsonehunglow

The Benefits Culture ? on 20:44 - Jan 24 by britferry

Although that doesn’t really apply to active on the streets Police Officers

The Benefits Culture ? on 09:49 - Jan 25 with 1547 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Benefits Culture ? on 08:46 - Jan 25 by Boundy

Correct but there a 1 million people who by their own admission are fit and available to work who claim unemployment benefits when there are over 1 million vacancies in the country.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Benefits Culture ? on 09:53 - Jan 25 with 1538 viewsonehunglow

The Benefits Culture ? on 09:49 - Jan 25 by felixstowe_jack

Correct but there a 1 million people who by their own admission are fit and available to work who claim unemployment benefits when there are over 1 million vacancies in the country.

Benefits culture sees us with many” Refugees” who seem to eschew the beauty of French food ,wine,and women en route to the and of milk and honey …for the, and who could blame them

The Benefits Culture ? on 10:14 - Jan 25 with 1530 viewsjojaca

The Benefits Culture ? on 09:53 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Benefits culture sees us with many” Refugees” who seem to eschew the beauty of French food ,wine,and women en route to the and of milk and honey …for the, and who could blame them

It's not really worth working anymore they way the cost of everything has gone up, especially in area's like South Wales. It's hard to find full time work with permanent contracts. A few youngsters I know are being tossed from job to job and there moral is rock bottom and it breeds the attitude why work hard when in 3 months I will be looking for work.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Benefits Culture ? on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 1501 viewsReslovenSwan1

The data is the data. Like most things it gets politicised. It does not matter if the figures included sick old too young on benefits etc, It is just a basic piece of data.

UK has alaway had a demographic pronblem of too many old people and not enough young people of working age. This

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Benefits Culture ? on 11:29 - Jan 25 with 1497 viewsReslovenSwan1

The data is the data. Like most things it gets politicised. It does not matter if the figures included sick old too young on benefits etc, It is just a basic piece of data.

UK has always had a demographic problem of too many old people and not enough young people of working age. This is why the country is relaxed on immigration.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Benefits Culture ? on 12:11 - Jan 25 with 1474 viewsCountyJim

It all started when Thatcher told doctors in early 80s to put miners on the sick on disability
The Benefits Culture ? on 12:48 - Jan 25 with 1452 viewsmajorraglan

The Benefits Culture ? on 09:28 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Although that doesn’t really apply to active on the streets Police Officers

No, they’ve just made them work until they’re 60. Imagine scrapping with a drug or alcohol crazed loonie when you’re in your late 50s.
The Benefits Culture ? on 13:44 - Jan 25 with 1414 viewsKeithHaynes

If you haven’t paid in you shouldn’t be allowed to take out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Benefits Culture ? on 13:53 - Jan 25 with 1402 viewsonehunglow

The Benefits Culture ? on 12:48 - Jan 25 by majorraglan

No, they’ve just made them work until they’re 60. Imagine scrapping with a drug or alcohol crazed loonie when you’re in your late 50s.

The length of pensions entitlement has increased drastically .

The Benefits Culture ? on 14:03 - Jan 25 with 1390 viewsCountyJim

The Benefits Culture ? on 13:44 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

If you haven’t paid in you shouldn’t be allowed to take out.

That's a silly statement what about a child born with a horrific disability

What about a child involved in a horrific accident left brain damaged

How do these people contribute
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024