Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owners manager or players 09:28 - Mar 14 with 1382 viewsguthrieintherain

If you could pick one which would you go for.

Investment in the team to give us a realistic chance of a play off spot at least.

Get shot of Russ or new owners.

Which is the most pressing and what will happen in the summer.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Owners manager or players on 10:17 - Mar 14 with 1330 viewsDr_Parnassus

Easy one. Russ is the weak link.

Best owners we have possibly ever had, nobody has put in as much as they have and then completely written it off by an equity conversion. Very much looking forward to next season under them.

Players are good for this level. The likes of Piroe, Cooper, Grimes, Manning, Cabango, Darling, Allen, Ntcham, Obafemi, Pato, Benda would all be looking to leave for clubs higher than us if they were released tomorrow.

If Russ was released tomorrow, you would assume if he decides to continue in management (he may well leave the sector all together considering his outside business interests) then he would have to start again in the lower leagues.

You have to think it would be a return to league 1 for him or a bottom Championship team.

His system doesn’t work. You can put as many shiny new players in the broken system as you like, but it’s still broken.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Owners manager or players on 11:35 - Mar 14 with 1300 viewsBoundy

Owners manager or players on 10:17 - Mar 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Easy one. Russ is the weak link.

Best owners we have possibly ever had, nobody has put in as much as they have and then completely written it off by an equity conversion. Very much looking forward to next season under them.

Players are good for this level. The likes of Piroe, Cooper, Grimes, Manning, Cabango, Darling, Allen, Ntcham, Obafemi, Pato, Benda would all be looking to leave for clubs higher than us if they were released tomorrow.

If Russ was released tomorrow, you would assume if he decides to continue in management (he may well leave the sector all together considering his outside business interests) then he would have to start again in the lower leagues.

You have to think it would be a return to league 1 for him or a bottom Championship team.

His system doesn’t work. You can put as many shiny new players in the broken system as you like, but it’s still broken.

Never the best owners that title belongs to the individuals who saved the Club , built the facilities ,put the club and City on the map and provided me since the 80's the best times , that is until they became greedy
this lot, the jury's still out .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Owners manager or players on 11:57 - Mar 14 with 1282 viewsmax936

Where's the ideal option for all three? and most of all Winter the useless oaf.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:58]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Owners manager or players on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 1267 viewspencoedjack

Martin without doubt

The owners have given money on players bought in & loans up until January.

I am hoping they were aware that there was no way Martinball was going to get us promoted so kept funds back in Jan for a new manager who will be appointed after the end of this dismal season.
Owners manager or players on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 1266 viewsbonymine

Owners manager or players on 11:35 - Mar 14 by Boundy

Never the best owners that title belongs to the individuals who saved the Club , built the facilities ,put the club and City on the map and provided me since the 80's the best times , that is until they became greedy

In a nutshell 👏👏

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Owners manager or players on 12:36 - Mar 14 with 1265 viewsvetchonian

Owners manager or players on 11:57 - Mar 14 by max936

Where's the ideal option for all three? and most of all Winter the useless oaf.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 11:58]

Winter is a major player in our state I believe and I wish Birch was still here but to change all 3?

I think changing the manager will be a benefit , I hear the complaints about our owners but realistically there were no queues forming to buy us when we were in the PL so who would buy us now I am not sure....we should be grateful we have the current owners who are having careful stewardship thinking as business men not fans whilst the likes of Malcolm Struel thought more as a fan..

I hear and see the moans and calls for change of owners but please who will replace them

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Owners manager or players on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 1190 viewsDr_Parnassus

That would come under “most important” rather than “best”.

What a fan base wants right now is millions spent on players of which that money comes from within and outside the club, debt with regards to that being written off and a club to remain solvent.

They are doing all of the above, something never before done before at Swansea. The spurt in the 1980’s almost saw us go to the wall.

Not a chance in hell anybody swaps these owners for ones without anything to put in, they would be chased out of town these days.

Owners manager or players on 16:07 - Mar 14 with 1171 viewsReslovenSwan1

You have the same "women's Institute" mentality that led to the calamitous performance of the 21% shareholder the Trust, They were not "greedy" and now their holding is 13% not 21%. It was not about the money to them. Well how can you fulfill your brief of supporting football in Swansea with no cash?

They are getting a classic squeeze from both inflation at 9% and dilution with a 8% holding lost. It will end up with huge devaluation. They are only concerned it seems with their VIP seats while kidding the fans that they will be able to save the club when the next implosion happens. They will not.

They wanted more shares and less money but ended up with less % holding and a slashed valuation.

The sellers (sellouts to some) were not fly by nights. They stayed 14 years and built something valuable. One even still sponsors the stadium and shorts. "Greed" "Judas" "sellouts" are not appropriate words. They sold their shares and deserved to profit.

Levien and co benefited from the work in developing James, McBurnie, Rodon and Roberts who were under contract and sold for a combined £45-50m.

Your judgement is poor.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Owners manager or players on 17:33 - Mar 14 with 1135 viewsBoundy

Owners manager or players on 15:20 - Mar 14 by Dr_Parnassus

That would come under “most important” rather than “best”.

What a fan base wants right now is millions spent on players of which that money comes from within and outside the club, debt with regards to that being written off and a club to remain solvent.

They are doing all of the above, something never before done before at Swansea. The spurt in the 1980’s almost saw us go to the wall.

Not a chance in hell anybody swaps these owners for ones without anything to put in, they would be chased out of town these days.

Because you say it doesn't make it so , thats your opinion not mine but thanks for offering it
In answer to te OP the manager should go ,

Owners manager or players on 17:51 - Mar 14 with 1123 viewsguthrieintherain

Owners manager or players on 12:36 - Mar 14 by vetchonian

Winter is a major player in our state I believe and I wish Birch was still here but to change all 3?

I think changing the manager will be a benefit , I hear the complaints about our owners but realistically there were no queues forming to buy us when we were in the PL so who would buy us now I am not sure....we should be grateful we have the current owners who are having careful stewardship thinking as business men not fans whilst the likes of Malcolm Struel thought more as a fan..

I hear and see the moans and calls for change of owners but please who will replace them

How is Winter a major player Levien says yes or no to everything.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Owners manager or players on 18:35 - Mar 14 with 1102 viewsBillyChong

Owners manager or players on 17:51 - Mar 14 by guthrieintherain

How is Winter a major player Levien says yes or no to everything.

Marsh and Winter pretty much pointless entities in terms of the football side of things at the moment. Maybe Levein dances with excitement when it’s time for Julian’s programme notes. To the regular fan it’s meaningless drivel. Look at the mess their former employer Huddersfield are in.
Owners manager or players on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 1063 viewsBoundy

Owners manager or players on 16:07 - Mar 14 by ReslovenSwan1

You have the same "women's Institute" mentality that led to the calamitous performance of the 21% shareholder the Trust, They were not "greedy" and now their holding is 13% not 21%. It was not about the money to them. Well how can you fulfill your brief of supporting football in Swansea with no cash?

They are getting a classic squeeze from both inflation at 9% and dilution with a 8% holding lost. It will end up with huge devaluation. They are only concerned it seems with their VIP seats while kidding the fans that they will be able to save the club when the next implosion happens. They will not.

They wanted more shares and less money but ended up with less % holding and a slashed valuation.

The sellers (sellouts to some) were not fly by nights. They stayed 14 years and built something valuable. One even still sponsors the stadium and shorts. "Greed" "Judas" "sellouts" are not appropriate words. They sold their shares and deserved to profit.

Levien and co benefited from the work in developing James, McBurnie, Rodon and Roberts who were under contract and sold for a combined £45-50m.

Your judgement is poor.

and dispite yet more reams of nonsensical drivel from yourself, your opinion of me is meaningless

Owners manager or players on 20:47 - Mar 14 with 1017 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'd replace the manager. We can't afford to replace the players with ones good enough and the owners have done a decent job in keeping the club financially stable.

Their big mistake is in not dumping Martin.
Owners manager or players on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 1009 viewsDr_Parnassus

Owners manager or players on 17:33 - Mar 14 by Boundy

Because you say it doesn't make it so , thats your opinion not mine but thanks for offering it
In answer to te OP the manager should go ,

History makes it so, I was speaking factually.

Owners manager or players on 21:46 - Mar 14 with 999 viewsBadlands

Manager

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024