Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Welsh clean air bill 18:10 - Mar 21 with 6353 viewsFlashberryjack

THE Welsh Government could push ahead with tolls on roads like the M4 in Newport, as part of its latest action against climate change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:06 - Mar 24 with 1362 viewsKilkennyjack

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:32 - Mar 24 by SullutaCreturned

Where did that stat come from?

China puts out more emissions in ONE year than the UK does in 28 years and the gap is widening in which case, in 10 years China has emitted more than we have since the industrial revolution...1750. Lets call it 15 years.

Our share of History's pollution is dropping rapidly.

Try Google, its not hard ….

Beware of the Risen People

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 1340 viewscontroversial_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:29 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

The UK has emitted about 3% of the world total human caused CO 2, although the population is less than 1%.

There is now a huge global industry around renewables and net zero.

Shirley we would want those new jobs ?

Co2 in the atmosphere is about 4% and man has put out 4% of that. What the UK emits is tiny.Chill out and don't worry, there is no man made climate change
New Welsh clean air bill on 22:21 - Mar 24 with 1341 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:06 - Mar 24 by Kilkennyjack

Since 1955 the UK has produced as much co2 as it up to 1950.
During the industrial very little co2 was produced

The largest sources of co2 in no particular order
Generation of electricity
Vehicle burning petrol
Industry
Farming and agriculture
Central heating
Air travel

All of which have vastly increased since 1955.

Why don't you try using some scientific sources rather than Google.

China and the USA are the world's largest producers of co2 and combined they produce 50 times more than the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:51 - Mar 24 with 1318 viewsmajorraglan

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:21 - Mar 24 by felixstowe_jack

Since 1955 the UK has produced as much co2 as it up to 1950.
During the industrial very little co2 was produced

The largest sources of co2 in no particular order
Generation of electricity
Vehicle burning petrol
Industry
Farming and agriculture
Central heating
Air travel

All of which have vastly increased since 1955.

Why don't you try using some scientific sources rather than Google.

China and the USA are the world's largest producers of co2 and combined they produce 50 times more than the UK.

China and the US have a population somewhere in the region of 30 times that of the U.K. but they produce 50 times more pollution and have done so for years so in comparison they produce more CO2 per person. The US produces about half the CO2 China produces, but its population is something like a quarter of China’s population so when things are worked out per person the US comes out as the bigger polluter. I certainly think China could do more to improve its performance as could the States.

Our emissions are much smaller in comparison. We certainly do need to make sure we do our bit and set a good example and I think things are moving in the right direction here in Wales and the U.K. We could still do more, but we’re a lot better than most.

I’m a bit sceptical about these “Free-ports” that are being set up as they may just prove to be havens for crooks and tax dodgers which adversely impact on neighbouring areas, however we have to give it a go. It looks like the new “free-port” in Port Talbot is going to be heavily centred on renewable energy particularly the construction of turbines for the new off shore wind farms being developed.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 22:57]
New Welsh clean air bill on 23:45 - Mar 24 with 1297 viewsBoundy

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:51 - Mar 24 by majorraglan

China and the US have a population somewhere in the region of 30 times that of the U.K. but they produce 50 times more pollution and have done so for years so in comparison they produce more CO2 per person. The US produces about half the CO2 China produces, but its population is something like a quarter of China’s population so when things are worked out per person the US comes out as the bigger polluter. I certainly think China could do more to improve its performance as could the States.

Our emissions are much smaller in comparison. We certainly do need to make sure we do our bit and set a good example and I think things are moving in the right direction here in Wales and the U.K. We could still do more, but we’re a lot better than most.

I’m a bit sceptical about these “Free-ports” that are being set up as they may just prove to be havens for crooks and tax dodgers which adversely impact on neighbouring areas, however we have to give it a go. It looks like the new “free-port” in Port Talbot is going to be heavily centred on renewable energy particularly the construction of turbines for the new off shore wind farms being developed.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 22:57]

I'm curious to know what more us as individuals can do ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New Welsh clean air bill on 11:16 - Mar 25 with 1252 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

New Welsh clean air bill on 23:45 - Mar 24 by Boundy

Pay more tax and work til you’re 90.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

New Welsh clean air bill on 11:19 - Mar 25 with 1250 viewscontroversial_jack

Nothing at all. It's a huge scam.
New Welsh clean air bill on 11:31 - Mar 25 with 1243 viewsScotia

Very little really.

Perhaps try to reduce your individual impact but the UK is going far further than pretty much any other country already.
Login to get fewer ads

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:13 - Mar 25 with 1227 viewsWhiterockin

New Welsh clean air bill on 11:31 - Mar 25 by Scotia

Very little really.

Perhaps try to reduce your individual impact but the UK is going far further than pretty much any other country already.

Why should we as individuals financially pay so much to hit targets, when it is making so little difference globally in comparison to other countries. Is it just politicans bigging themselves up on world stage.
New Welsh clean air bill on 15:44 - Mar 25 with 1190 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:06 - Mar 24 by Kilkennyjack

I did google it but couldn't find that stat. All I did find was evidence that it's not true. That is why I asked, did you actually have a source or did you just make it up?

Come on, if it's true then post your link, it's not hard.
New Welsh clean air bill on 15:59 - Mar 25 with 1186 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:13 - Mar 25 by Whiterockin

Why should we as individuals financially pay so much to hit targets, when it is making so little difference globally in comparison to other countries. Is it just politicans bigging themselves up on world stage.

That's exactly the point. I used to have the opinion we should set the example, we should do what we could but then I read that other countries were actually increasing their polluting emissions and China was starting building more coal fired power stations

https://time.com/6090732/china-coal-power-plants-emissions/

If the UK was miraculously carbon neutral by tomorrow the amount of gloabl emissions would still have risen, in fact China's increase of 1.5% would outweigh our cuts.

In which case I have to ask, what is the point? Why should we in the UK continue to have to pay the highest prices, continue to have our standard of living reduced when pollution is still rising anyway?

Until China, Russia, India, the USA and other high polluting countries make changes there is no point

What really puzzles me is that in these countries there are very clever people telling the ruling powers what is happening. Then those politicians make their decisions. Those politicians are supposedly also clever and yet despite the evidence that they are ruining the world they carry on regardless. Do they not care that their children and grandkids will grow up into a world of SH*T!! Do they not care that the whole world will hit a point of no return, of utter misery where even being mega and powerful rich will not help you?

Which just goes to show just how clever these politicians really are.
New Welsh clean air bill on 16:01 - Mar 25 with 1183 viewsScotia

New Welsh clean air bill on 12:13 - Mar 25 by Whiterockin

Something has to be done, but I agree we are making a far bigger contribution as individuals than many others around the world.

It's one of the reasons why I have very little time for extinction rebellion and just stop oil. They've got a point, but they're making it to the wrong people.
New Welsh clean air bill on 18:36 - Mar 25 with 1152 viewsmajorraglan

The “we” was meant as the U.K. collectively, but to answer the question I think some of the things individuals could do more of and be better at is insulating our homes and potentially solar energy where it is practical and there’s a decent cost benefit.

As a country, we need to sort the national Grid out so that more renewable sources can plug in and generate electricity.
New Welsh clean air bill on 20:38 - Mar 25 with 1135 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:36 - Mar 25 by majorraglan

The “we” was meant as the U.K. collectively, but to answer the question I think some of the things individuals could do more of and be better at is insulating our homes and potentially solar energy where it is practical and there’s a decent cost benefit.

As a country, we need to sort the national Grid out so that more renewable sources can plug in and generate electricity.

I know what you say makes sense but my big problem with it is that these schemes are being used to fleece the tax payer and make rich people ever more wealthy.

What benefits are there for most of us? The world is getting more and more polluted and we are ever worse off financially and having our standards of living lowered.
New Welsh clean air bill on 21:52 - Mar 25 with 1118 viewsScotia

New Welsh clean air bill on 20:38 - Mar 25 by SullutaCreturned

I know what you say makes sense but my big problem with it is that these schemes are being used to fleece the tax payer and make rich people ever more wealthy.

What benefits are there for most of us? The world is getting more and more polluted and we are ever worse off financially and having our standards of living lowered.

This is the problem. The benefits for us are immeasurable really, but based so far in the future that they're incomprehensible.

Should we be paying out of our own pockets when millions of Indian's, American's and Chinese aren't? Absolutely not, but we can't afford to do nothing.

Man is destroying the planet, in the past the UK has been a major world player, but we can't be where climate change is concerned. We can try our best but it will never be enough, but we have to try.
New Welsh clean air bill on 23:04 - Mar 25 with 1081 viewsmajorraglan

New Welsh clean air bill on 20:38 - Mar 25 by SullutaCreturned

Fair point about making rich people more wealthy, but it doesn't have to be that way. Good governance could deliver a good product for a decent price, but that requires something we don5 have which is honest competent politicans.
New Welsh clean air bill on 08:11 - Mar 26 with 1064 viewsBoundy

With the forthcoming advent of reduced speed limits ( which will include , more sections of our one and only motorway and numerous dual carriageways ), I wonder if the mental defectives in cardiff have considered the cost to the local authorities , the cost of manufacturing, the cost of transport to the local highways department , the cost of replacing them in terms of delivering to each location , the cost of disposal, the cost of enforcing the new legislation , my council tax bill has increased but there's been no mention of the above anywhere but sure as eggs we'll be paying for this madness , all in the name of saving the planet

New Welsh clean air bill on 09:26 - Mar 26 with 1045 viewsWhiterockin

New Welsh clean air bill on 08:11 - Mar 26 by Boundy

With the forthcoming advent of reduced speed limits ( which will include , more sections of our one and only motorway and numerous dual carriageways ), I wonder if the mental defectives in cardiff have considered the cost to the local authorities , the cost of manufacturing, the cost of transport to the local highways department , the cost of replacing them in terms of delivering to each location , the cost of disposal, the cost of enforcing the new legislation , my council tax bill has increased but there's been no mention of the above anywhere but sure as eggs we'll be paying for this madness , all in the name of saving the planet

We get a couple of free ports then go out of our way to make it more difficult to get to them, you can't make it up.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 9:29]
New Welsh clean air bill on 09:50 - Mar 26 with 1022 viewsWhiterockin

New Welsh clean air bill on 18:36 - Mar 25 by majorraglan

Do all if these things while still buying products produced in China ect and adding to the problem. It seems a bit unbalanced to me.
New Welsh clean air bill on 15:49 - Mar 26 with 964 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Buy an electric car
Install a heat pump
Install solar panels
Stop flying
Don't eat meat
Stop using plastic
Buy secondhand goods
Grow your own fruit and veg
Be miserable.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

New Welsh clean air bill on 15:05 - Mar 27 with 894 viewscontroversial_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 15:49 - Mar 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Buy an electric car
Install a heat pump
Install solar panels
Stop flying
Don't eat meat
Stop using plastic
Buy secondhand goods
Grow your own fruit and veg
Be miserable.

In fairness to China, it's a huge population with a massive economy.It's only fairly recently been industrialising and expanding. The US snd Europe have had plenty of time to do likewise
New Welsh clean air bill on 16:28 - Mar 27 with 869 viewsSullutaCreturned

New Welsh clean air bill on 15:05 - Mar 27 by controversial_jack

In fairness to China, it's a huge population with a massive economy.It's only fairly recently been industrialising and expanding. The US snd Europe have had plenty of time to do likewise

Well the Qing's did try but fail in the 1860's. This version started during the 50's and it's building up a fair head of steam.

The Saudi's are investing north of 10 Billion in China,

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/saudi-aramco-open-new-china-refinery-pet

Just what the world needed, big new petrochemical plants in China.
New Welsh clean air bill on 10:53 - Mar 28 with 804 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New Welsh clean air bill on 22:15 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

Co2 in the atmosphere is about 4% and man has put out 4% of that. What the UK emits is tiny.Chill out and don't worry, there is no man made climate change

Sorry, but atmospheric CO2 is much less than 4%.
It is actually 0.04%, or 400 parts per Million.
For best plant growth it should be at least 1200 parts per Million.
New Welsh clean air bill on 14:27 - Mar 28 with 763 viewsBoundy

Interesting conversation yesterday with environmental officer from Rhondda Cynon Taff council. A by product of building a wind farm is that private land which was previously untouchable and never managed but considered by the environmentalists to have potential to have means of capturing carbon due to the plants etc growing on it, so when the wind farm is built a habitat management plan is developed and enforced ,meaning that the land is now not only producing electricity but sections of the site if done correctly absorbed and contains the carbon produced . He wasn't very complimentary about Drakefirds tree planting campaign , a waste of money and resources which could be better spent but the tree lobbyists seem to hold. lot of influence .

New Welsh clean air bill on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 747 viewscontroversial_jack

New Welsh clean air bill on 10:53 - Mar 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, but atmospheric CO2 is much less than 4%.
It is actually 0.04%, or 400 parts per Million.
For best plant growth it should be at least 1200 parts per Million.

Yes, my apologies. I have copied and pasted this as it's much easier and i'm a lazy sod anyway.

trace gases are 0.1% of the atmosphere, and carbon dioxide makes up 3-4% of these trace gases, so therefore CO2 is 3-4% of 0.1%. For simplicity’s sake, let’s call it 3%, so CO2 comprises 0.003% of the atmosphere.

how much of this is caused by human activity? The IPCC has conflicting sets of data here, but both are within a small range of each other, either 3.0% (using the 2007 figures) or 3.6% (using the 2001 figures)
Manmade CO2: 3% of 3% of 0.1%
So here’s the bottom line. According to the IPCC’s own data, man-made CO2 output levels are 3% of 3% of 0.1% of the total Earth’s atmosphere. That’s 0.000009%! That’s 9 millionths.

CO2 is measured in ppm (parts per million) because it is such a tiny and insignificant gas, yet somehow, the propaganda has been so successful that is has sprouted into what some state is a US$1.5 trillion industry.

It can be found on here, and yes, I know it's a blog site, but it's interesting

https://shiftfrequency.com/man-made-co2-3-of-3-of-0-1/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024