Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Coronation 17:42 - Apr 30 with 9682 viewsjohnlangy

“I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.”

Seriously. When I heard that The Archbishop of Canterbury was going to 'invite' the whole Nation to swear this oath, at the same time I presume, I couldn't believe it. Are they hoping that we'll all stand in front of our TV's and swear with hand on heart, maybe bowing our heads, perhaps wearing a hat specifically so we can doff it at the same time ?

It would be like being one of 65 million extras on a Blackadder special. It really is that ridiculous.
The Coronation on 18:12 - Apr 30 with 3833 viewsonehunglow

It’s ridiculous God features so significantly in this nation and others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Coronation on 18:19 - Apr 30 with 3816 views1983

Not for me I'll be in work.

I'm not royalist or anti royalist just can't be @rsed with it they are just a tourist attraction nothing more nothing less I live and work in England and the vast majority of under 60 yr olds I know couldn't give a toss either. We are a massively diverse country now even more so in the last 20+yrs and I don't think they represent the majority of them at all.

The Coronation on 19:00 - Apr 30 with 3785 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Reminds me of that time Uri Gellar was on GMTV trying to get people to walk up to their tvs and touch the football and chant something positive so that the psychic power would come through and England would win their match in the World Cup.

They lost.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The Coronation on 19:06 - Apr 30 with 3782 viewsKilkennyjack

Shirley there are better ways to use public funds ?

Beware of the Risen People

The Coronation on 19:07 - Apr 30 with 3781 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 18:12 - Apr 30 by onehunglow

It’s ridiculous God features so significantly in this nation and others

It is ridiculous yeah and quite bizarre in the modern world but coronations have always been an exclusively religious ceremony.

The Coronation on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 3719 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swear to by a god I don't believe in to a monarchy when I don't believe in monarchies....NFC.

Abolish the monarchy but keep the pomp and circumstance for the tourists, open up all the palaces as fee paying attractions.

King Charles and his famiky can become private citizens like the Swedish royals.
The Coronation on 09:09 - May 1 with 3591 viewsonehunglow

The Coronation on 19:06 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Shirley there are better ways to use public funds ?

Gob smacking stats and indefensible,or at least they should be.
No need for this,no need for them.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Coronation on 09:25 - May 1 with 3589 viewsraynor94

God save the King 👑

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

The Coronation on 15:01 - May 1 with 3458 viewsBryanSwan

An institution that really is only revered by the older generations as polls have shown.
Most are just happy with the cheap day off (and will be enjoying the time rather than watching a grotesque show of wealth).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Coronation on 16:25 - May 1 with 3428 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 15:01 - May 1 by BryanSwan

An institution that really is only revered by the older generations as polls have shown.
Most are just happy with the cheap day off (and will be enjoying the time rather than watching a grotesque show of wealth).

There’ll always be older generations and they tend to always be in the majority. The older generation now would have been kids fifty sixty years ago.

The Coronation on 17:01 - May 1 with 3412 viewsBryanSwan

The Coronation on 16:25 - May 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

There’ll always be older generations and they tend to always be in the majority. The older generation now would have been kids fifty sixty years ago.

Politically people become more conservative as they get older. Whether the same translates to the monarchy remains to be seen. Maybe in the next 30 or 40 years we will find out.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Coronation on 18:18 - May 1 with 3358 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Coronation on 17:01 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Politically people become more conservative as they get older. Whether the same translates to the monarchy remains to be seen. Maybe in the next 30 or 40 years we will find out.

Totally agree. The world is a very different place now, many royal families have been sidelined in the last 150 years. The march forward, the change in attitudes is continuing.

Monarchy is an outdated notion, the honours system a corrupt mechansm to reward political shenanigans and of course, there are members of "Royalty" who lord it over us when they are so very clearly not great or good, or very bright either.
The Coronation on 18:48 - May 1 with 3350 viewsKilkennyjack

The Coronation on 16:25 - May 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

This older generation were born around the end of the second world war.
Thats significant as the victory shaped their lives in a very real way - and the Royals were a big part of that world view.

The people born in the 1960’s (say) have a very watered down view of the Royals.
They will never match the love for the Royals that the post war generation hold.

Then you add in Andrew and the recent death of the beloved Queen.

The game is over.

The Coronation on 19:10 - May 1 with 3331 viewsFireboy2

It's the beginning of the end, its an outdated institution which has no place in modern society, I just hope I see the end in my lifetime, doubt it though but it will hopefully happen in my boys lifetime,
The Coronation on 20:50 - May 1 with 3285 viewsbritferry

The Coronation on 19:10 - May 1 by Fireboy2

It's the beginning of the end, its an outdated institution which has no place in modern society, I just hope I see the end in my lifetime, doubt it though but it will hopefully happen in my boys lifetime,

I don't think so.

The problem is, we've had the Queen for so long, nobody can now relate to Charles, especially the youngsters, I think it will be different when William takes the throne in a few years time.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Coronation on 20:56 - May 1 with 3283 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 20:50 - May 1 by britferry

I don't think so.

The problem is, we've had the Queen for so long, nobody can now relate to Charles, especially the youngsters, I think it will be different when William takes the throne in a few years time.

By the time William takes the throne he’ll be pushing 60 at least. The days of having a young monarch are long gone. They’ll always be old from here on in.

The Coronation on 21:12 - May 1 with 3272 viewsbritferry

The Coronation on 20:56 - May 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

By the time William takes the throne he’ll be pushing 60 at least. The days of having a young monarch are long gone. They’ll always be old from here on in.

Charles will be another Edward VIII, waiting ages for the Queen to die and then staying on the throne for less than a decade.

William is 40, he will be king by 50

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Coronation on 21:13 - May 1 with 3271 viewsKilkennyjack

The Coronation on 20:56 - May 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Never thought of that, you are right though.

Going to be hard to get the young people bought in, so its an important point to make.

The Coronation on 21:21 - May 1 with 3267 viewsFireboy2

The Coronation on 21:13 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Never thought of that, you are right though.

Going to be hard to get the young people bought in, so its an important point to make.

The end has started, try telling that to the media and the brainwashed fronting these programmes, they are sh!t scared of upsetting their bosses as they care more about their careers than their principles.

This is the beginning of the end.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 21:29]
The Coronation on 21:22 - May 1 with 3230 viewsDr_Winston

The Coronation on 21:12 - May 1 by britferry

Charles will be another Edward VIII, waiting ages for the Queen to die and then staying on the throne for less than a decade.

William is 40, he will be king by 50

I would generally agree, but the quality of healthcare that kept Lizzy and Phil alive as long as it did could eke another 20 years out of Charles.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Coronation on 21:30 - May 1 with 3257 viewsFireboy2

The Coronation on 21:22 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

I would generally agree, but the quality of healthcare that kept Lizzy and Phil alive as long as it did could eke another 20 years out of Charles.

Whereas my father in law is struggling to see a doctor after his minor stroke 😡
The Coronation on 22:28 - May 1 with 3234 viewsKilkennyjack

The comments are worth a read …

How much will this cost ?
How will anyone be able to find it now ?
How can anyone pronounce that ?
I , for one, will continue to use the old name and i expect very many people will do the same …
When will all this woke nonsense end ?

🇬🇧

The Coronation on 22:38 - May 1 with 3209 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Coronation on 21:22 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Yep and there’s the genetic element too. Both his parents lived to nearly a hundred and his gran sailed past it.

He doesn’t look as healthy as they did though what with his sausage fingers.

The Coronation on 22:50 - May 1 with 3206 viewsKilkennyjack

The Coronation on 22:38 - May 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yep and there’s the genetic element too. Both his parents lived to nearly a hundred and his gran sailed past it.

He doesn’t look as healthy as they did though what with his sausage fingers.

🤣

The Coronation on 22:51 - May 1 with 3206 viewsraynor94

The Coronation on 22:28 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

The comments are worth a read …

How much will this cost ?
How will anyone be able to find it now ?
How can anyone pronounce that ?
I , for one, will continue to use the old name and i expect very many people will do the same …
When will all this woke nonsense end ?

🇬🇧

Quite agree, what's this thing with changing the name of established places, that we are all used too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024