Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Met 11:42 - May 7 with 4895 viewswaynekerr55

For those current and ex serving plod amongst us, would it be fair to say they've completely taken leave of their senses?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Met on 12:43 - May 7 with 3059 viewsonehunglow

Most police forces are now not doing what they should.
That is locking up criminals
It means upsetting people.
Certain groups and middle class protesters are well beyond the pale .
Sadly,most Chiefs haven’t the guts and haven’t confronted an angry villain in years

They will never be popular and shouldn’t be. It’s not right thinking to expect them to be so.

I do think the Royals are overprotected however and everything is done to keep them apart from the plebs who sit in the rain to photo a gold coach with two old farkers inside who look bored stupid

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Met on 13:13 - May 7 with 3027 viewscontroversial_jack

It would be interesting to find out if the intelligence was correct and that they were actually in possession of these alarms. If they were then it will be made public, if not we can question the intelligence reports, or indeed if there were any at all.
The Met on 13:40 - May 7 with 3012 viewsSullutaCreturned

All done in the best interests of public safety of course, my BS alarm is going off, again.
The Met on 14:10 - May 7 with 2979 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Met on 13:40 - May 7 by SullutaCreturned

All done in the best interests of public safety of course, my BS alarm is going off, again.

Alum Michael a well know political figure in Wales became Police commissioner and I have not heard of him since. Presumably he would be putting himself out there promoting his role in society.

Wales had its own "George Floyd" in Cardiff at the same time. It made very little news and the footy boys were not interested at Cardiff or Swansea while kneeling. They were far more interested in the USA not Wales. Even when a footballer died from excessive Police actions Dalian Atkinson there were no football protests. The kneeling was a quick fix herd action with very little thought.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Met on 14:27 - May 7 with 2953 viewsFireboy2

This episode is good news for the republican movement.
The Met on 14:56 - May 7 with 2920 viewsonehunglow

The Met on 14:27 - May 7 by Fireboy2

This episode is good news for the republican movement.

Some are not republicans as such merely those wanting a monarchy reflectingbthecfact it’s 2023 and
We don’t have an Empire

The Met on 15:36 - May 7 with 2896 viewscontroversial_jack

Westminster City Council has said it is “deeply concerned” by reports that three women's safety volunteers providing rape alarms to people in Soho were arrested in the early hours of the morning ahead of the Coronation.

The Metropolitan Police said the arrests took place at around 2am on Friday night after the force received intelligence that protesters were planning to use the devices to disrupt the procession.

However, it has since been claimed that those arrested were members of the council’s “Night Stars” safety team which provides support to women on nights out.

Just couldn't make it up, lol
The Met on 19:28 - May 7 with 2817 viewsKeithHaynes

The Met on 13:13 - May 7 by controversial_jack

It would be interesting to find out if the intelligence was correct and that they were actually in possession of these alarms. If they were then it will be made public, if not we can question the intelligence reports, or indeed if there were any at all.

Intelligence in the police is measured by a very carefully managed 3/5/2 system.
We use it here for our information chats.
Everything is fallible.

Otherwise we would all win the lottery every week. ( If you do it of course )

Not acting on it is as bad as saying ‘ Oh we knew about it but did nothing’ As they are also accused of at times.

I’m of course replying to your question. Nothing to do with whatever the met Police did or do every day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Met on 19:44 - May 7 with 2793 viewscontroversial_jack

The Met on 19:28 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

Intelligence in the police is measured by a very carefully managed 3/5/2 system.
We use it here for our information chats.
Everything is fallible.

Otherwise we would all win the lottery every week. ( If you do it of course )

Not acting on it is as bad as saying ‘ Oh we knew about it but did nothing’ As they are also accused of at times.

I’m of course replying to your question. Nothing to do with whatever the met Police did or do every day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

They got this one badly wrong. I also didn't realise rape alarms were illegal
The Met on 20:34 - May 7 with 2760 viewsFireboy2

The Met on 19:44 - May 7 by controversial_jack

They definitely did and as i have said it has played into the republican hands 👍
The Met on 21:18 - May 7 with 2734 viewscontroversial_jack

The Met on 20:34 - May 7 by Fireboy2

They definitely did and as i have said it has played into the republican hands 👍

I don't see it as a political matter. Whenever we give the police further powers, they invariably missuse them.
The Met on 21:36 - May 7 with 2732 viewsmajorraglan

I’d imagine the Met have been under huge pressure from the Government/Establishment to make sure things went smoothly and that security was maintained. That said, I think they’ve got this completely wrong, the Republicans protestors should have been allowed to protest albeit further away and the business with these 3 volunteers being arrested is an outrage.

Hope the volunteers sue and get suitably compensated and that the Met Commanders etc are held to account. I’d have thought the actions must have been signed off on high as any Custody Officer with half a brain wouldn’t have authorised their detention nor would an Inspector have extended their detention. Madness.
The Met on 21:49 - May 7 with 2727 viewsFireboy2

The Met on 21:18 - May 7 by controversial_jack

I don't see it as a political matter. Whenever we give the police further powers, they invariably missuse them.

I do, their illegal actions on behalf of the crown have made the Republican cause more just.

It's only a matter of time.
The Met on 07:06 - May 8 with 2688 viewsKilkennyjack

The Tory law changes have enabled dull police actions.

We used to mock China and Russia.

Beware of the Risen People

The Met on 09:22 - May 8 with 2648 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Met on 07:06 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

You cannot seriously compare a few people being detained briefly to the mass defenestrations and polonium being slipped over peoples cornflakes or people disappearing from their beds we see in those other countries?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The Met on 09:28 - May 8 with 2637 viewscontroversial_jack

They were kidnapped and denied of their liberty for doing nothing wrong. Shame on the police and anyone who supports this
The Met on 09:36 - May 8 with 2641 viewsNotLoyal

The Met on 19:44 - May 7 by controversial_jack

The use of anything is illegal ( spoons, plastic cups or even cotton wool ) if used for a perceived unlawful purpose. Check your motivation not your pockets.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Met on 10:54 - May 8 with 2613 viewsmajorraglan

The Met on 07:06 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

What’s happened is completely unacceptable, but there is no comparison with what’s taking place in Russia, China and numerous other quasi dictatorships.
The Met on 10:58 - May 8 with 2596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Met on 14:56 - May 7 by onehunglow

Some are not republicans as such merely those wanting a monarchy reflectingbthecfact it’s 2023 and
We don’t have an Empire

You are a bit confused a Kingdom has a king an Empire has an emperor.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Met on 11:03 - May 8 with 2589 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Met on 09:28 - May 8 by controversial_jack

They were kidnapped and denied of their liberty for doing nothing wrong. Shame on the police and anyone who supports this

They were arrested just like the "stop the oil" and "extinction rebellion " groups should have been.
Peaceful protests is allowed but not protest that stop the vast majority of people going about their lawful business.

Mind you Russia does not allow any protest and are quite happy to kidnapp Ukraine children as well as executing civilians including women and children.

That is where you mock indignation should be directed. Shame on you for supporting Russia.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Met on 11:25 - May 8 with 2558 viewscontroversial_jack

The Met on 11:03 - May 8 by felixstowe_jack

They were arrested just like the "stop the oil" and "extinction rebellion " groups should have been.
Peaceful protests is allowed but not protest that stop the vast majority of people going about their lawful business.

Mind you Russia does not allow any protest and are quite happy to kidnapp Ukraine children as well as executing civilians including women and children.

That is where you mock indignation should be directed. Shame on you for supporting Russia.

I wonder what the suffragettes and trade unionists would have thought of your views
The Met on 11:26 - May 8 with 2557 viewscontroversial_jack

The Met on 09:36 - May 8 by NotLoyal

The use of anything is illegal ( spoons, plastic cups or even cotton wool ) if used for a perceived unlawful purpose. Check your motivation not your pockets.

Nonsense, they are all perfectly legal and sold as such
The Met on 11:28 - May 8 with 2564 viewsonehunglow

The Met on 10:58 - May 8 by felixstowe_jack

You are a bit confused a Kingdom has a king an Empire has an emperor.

What?
So Victoria,George ,Charles ,William were emperors and by that I don’t refer to India .

We don’t have an Empire anymore and as such should not have MBE OBE CBE etc.
It is anachronistic warlocks.

This thread is about the Met.

Their record on clear up rates is appalling their commitment to PC total but in this case they were wrong . Charles should be man enough to accept some posters that indicate not all swear allegiance

The Met on 14:00 - May 8 with 2532 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Met on 11:28 - May 8 by onehunglow

What?
So Victoria,George ,Charles ,William were emperors and by that I don’t refer to India .

We don’t have an Empire anymore and as such should not have MBE OBE CBE etc.
It is anachronistic warlocks.

This thread is about the Met.

Their record on clear up rates is appalling their commitment to PC total but in this case they were wrong . Charles should be man enough to accept some posters that indicate not all swear allegiance

Yes they were. Charles for example signs Charles Rex. Elizabeth was Elizabeth Regina (Latin for king and queen). Whereas Victoria would have been Regina Imperatrix and her son Rex Imperator.

The Met on 14:04 - May 8 with 2526 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The Met on 11:26 - May 8 by controversial_jack

Nonsense, they are all perfectly legal and sold as such

They are legal if used correctly. If there is reason to believe they were going to be used to deliberately startle people into crashing their horses and potentially causing injury then that is not a legal use of the object.

Just as a knife is legal if you are using it to chop an onion but is not legal if you are throwing it at someone’s head.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024