Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ 12:37 - May 7 with 1655 viewsKeithHaynes

Just having a look about whilst travelling today.

Many of course will look back at Rodgers with affection. A great appointment, be that he was somewhere around fifteenth choice for the Swans job.

But has he progressed ?

There are hundreds of posts and examples from Celtic and Leicester fans saying this.

Similar criticisms to Martin, as I said I could put another hundred on saying the same thing.

This is the way football is going.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 16:03 - May 7 with 1485 viewsSullutaCreturned

Going, going...gone!

We are constantly being told this new style is "great football" brilliant and exciting, skillful and clever.

I think its slow and boring.

It's why my presence at games is often only because my son is desperate to go.
Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 16:23 - May 7 with 1459 viewsKeithHaynes

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 16:03 - May 7 by SullutaCreturned

Going, going...gone!

We are constantly being told this new style is "great football" brilliant and exciting, skillful and clever.

I think Rodgers was a new entity to most when he came to us, he was on his last chance, but I see little difference in his football over the past four years tactically to Martin.

PS - You and your son are creating a great bond and memories.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 17:13 - May 7 with 1396 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is about tempo. If the ball is recycled rapidly and taken from one side of the pitch with tempo no one gets bored. Big Ash would swing the ball out rapidly to an onrushing Dyer many a time and Rangel would be tearing down the wing in support.

Clearly if the team are two up with time running out it makes sense to slow things down. Naturally if the tempo is faster more mistakes are made. Perhaps Martin will argue once the team is fully drilled the team can make less mistakes with a good tempo and be more entertaining.

Players like Wood Cabango and Darling seem to be improving and Allen and Grimes should know the drill.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 17:29 - May 7 with 1383 viewsonehunglow

Going, going...gone!

Slow boring tedious
It simply is bizarre
During games,one actually reads of people leaving the stream to take the dig out or do the garden.
We play the same way every game
It is insane

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 18:22 - May 7 with 1329 viewsKeithHaynes

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 17:29 - May 7 by onehunglow

Slow boring tedious
It simply is bizarre
During games,one actually reads of people leaving the stream to take the dig out or do the garden.
It is insane

I’ve yet to meet anyone or read of people leaving in streams during games. At the end of games yes, but that’s always happens. I cite the Man Utd defeat 1-4 I think. Odd that, I recall a mate of mine saying well they are only leaving because they are real Swans fans, the plastics are staying because it’s Man Utd.

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 18:40 - May 7 with 1283 viewsNotLoyal

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 17:29 - May 7 by onehunglow

Slow boring tedious
It simply is bizarre
It is insane

Insane with eight games without losing.

I’ll help you out not one of the huge support we had in Sunderland were remotely Saying, doing or encouraging what you post. What was it 800 - 1,000 fans.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 18:42 - May 7 with 1281 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 18:22 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

I’ve yet to meet anyone or read of people leaving in streams during games. At the end of games yes, but that’s always happens. I cite the Man Utd defeat 1-4 I think. Odd that, I recall a mate of mine saying well they are only leaving because they are real Swans fans, the plastics are staying because it’s Man Utd.

Was that the Welbeck double (bony's debut) or Mourhinios "Little ponies" game. I checked Wellbeck's record . Never scored 10 league goals a season over his 15 year career all premier league

Wise sage since Toshack era

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 22:41 - May 7 with 1150 viewsModeratorD

Going, going...gone!

Great that you are getting your son interested in Swans.
Hopefully ( assuming he is a young lad ) as he grows his interest will grow and he will spread the word.
Keep the faith !
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:23 - May 8 with 1041 viewsKilkennyjack

I think Brenda is a good manager.
He might be lacking a little as a good bloke on occasion, maybe, but i would welcome him back any time.

Got stale at Leicester.
Only the great managers can keep it fresh and keep winning every week.
The went backwards and he paid the price.

We will never know but i think he would have kept them up.

Beware of the Risen People

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:47 - May 8 with 1005 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Watched Newcastle v Arsenal yesterday, two of the top four, playing at pace and patiently according to the opportunity.
In the Championship we played some great attacking football under Rodgers using Sinclair and Dyer.
The issue with Martin is about his judgement, around October we improved switching to four at the back, he then reverted to five and we had to go almost half a season before he bit the bullet at went to four again and results picked up immediately. A season wasted in that respect.
I'm unsure about Martin, there's no point telling me that some people don't like Rodgers!
[Post edited 8 May 2023 12:49]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:51 - May 8 with 988 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:47 - May 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

Watched Newcastle v Arsenal yesterday, two of the top four, playing at pace and patiently according to the opportunity.
In the Championship we played some great attacking football under Rodgers using Sinclair and Dyer.
The issue with Martin is about his judgement, around October we improved switching to four at the back, he then reverted to five and we had to go almost half a season before he bit the bullet at went to four again and results picked up immediately. A season wasted in that respect.
I'm unsure about Martin, there's no point telling me that some people don't like Rodgers!
[Post edited 8 May 2023 12:49]

Had a "conversation" on Twitter this morning with someone who couldn't get his head around that. To these people we're still playing the same way, just with a few tweaks. The concept that tweaking it means that we're not playing the same way simply wouldn't sink in.

If you lose the 3/5 at the back, lose the three deep lying midfielders and accept that you can win games with less than 70% posession then you're no longer playing Martinball. You're just playing passing football, which contrary to what he and his fans want people to believe, wasn't invented by Russell Martin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 13:23 - May 8 with 938 viewsvetchonian

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:51 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Had a "conversation" on Twitter this morning with someone who couldn't get his head around that. To these people we're still playing the same way, just with a few tweaks. The concept that tweaking it means that we're not playing the same way simply wouldn't sink in.

If you lose the 3/5 at the back, lose the three deep lying midfielders and accept that you can win games with less than 70% posession then you're no longer playing Martinball. You're just playing passing football, which contrary to what he and his fans want people to believe, wasn't invented by Russell Martin.

yes it's ironic there is none more blinkered than Martins fans...listen to them it's about malleable formations not a change in shape....Like William's at Notts County is being named as a Martin student yet he favours a back 4 and they have scored goals for fun

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 13:33 - May 8 with 916 viewsKeithHaynes

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:51 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Hoping to have one of the Swans coaching staff on in the near future, ill put it to them 👍

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 14:01 - May 8 with 880 viewsonehunglow

Brendan Rodgers enthusiasts ‘blinkered’ on 12:23 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

I think Brenda is a good manager.
He might be lacking a little as a good bloke on occasion, maybe, but i would welcome him back any time.

Got stale at Leicester.
Only the great managers can keep it fresh and keep winning every week.
The went backwards and he paid the price.

We will never know but i think he would have kept them up.

Agreed.
We owe him a lot.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024