Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! 07:00 - Jun 18 with 2323 viewsSwansIndependent

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! 18th Jun 2023 07:00
UEFA A licensed goalkeeping coach Andrew Sparkes left Southampton in the week, his time after four seasons coming to an end with a lot of change going on at St Mary’s since their confirmed relegation. He isn’t the only one either with a whole host club changes afoot from players to backroom staff as the financial constraints and reality of championship football take effect. 0

Well worth the effort, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:06 - Jun 18 with 2215 viewsBoundy

Good read but maybe a couple of errors in the time line ( being pedantic maybe ) but I thought he was a coach with the Academy set up in Landore in 2013 and left in 2015 ? I know his brother who used to play as a keeper for Bonymaen Colts and a fine one at that

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:31 - Jun 18 with 2165 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:06 - Jun 18 by Boundy

Good read but maybe a couple of errors in the time line ( being pedantic maybe ) but I thought he was a coach with the Academy set up in Landore in 2013 and left in 2015 ? I know his brother who used to play as a keeper for Bonymaen Colts and a fine one at that

He was at Swansea twice. 👍

2003 and 2013

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:35 - Jun 18 with 2160 viewsSullutaCreturned

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:06 - Jun 18 by Boundy

I read this part,

It’s clear when listening to Andy that he utilises experiential learning in his training, he doesn’t talk about what goalkeepers are not good at, he references where they can develop. That’s the first buy in for any keeper or any person when learning their craft. As we have stated before this is where certain players feel confronted and not able to deal with their own development. Russell Martin encountered it with Michael Obafemi, he found it so difficult to accept this style of learning he rebelled.

Now to me every player needs understanding and if they struggle with one method of teaching then find a way forward. I know it's more work but if a one size fits all approach doesn't work for any player, maybe another approach is needed with them? maybe if Martin had treated Obafemi differently things could hve turned out better?

There's no way of knowing for sure obviously.

On the main gist, if we are losing our keeping coach then why not offer Sparkesy a job? he's qualified and experienced. I know our next manager will have his own choices but you dont get to work in the EPL unless you are good.
Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:40 - Jun 18 with 2147 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:35 - Jun 18 by SullutaCreturned

I read this part,

It’s clear when listening to Andy that he utilises experiential learning in his training, he doesn’t talk about what goalkeepers are not good at, he references where they can develop. That’s the first buy in for any keeper or any person when learning their craft. As we have stated before this is where certain players feel confronted and not able to deal with their own development. Russell Martin encountered it with Michael Obafemi, he found it so difficult to accept this style of learning he rebelled.

Now to me every player needs understanding and if they struggle with one method of teaching then find a way forward. I know it's more work but if a one size fits all approach doesn't work for any player, maybe another approach is needed with them? maybe if Martin had treated Obafemi differently things could hve turned out better?

On the main gist, if we are losing our keeping coach then why not offer Sparkesy a job? he's qualified and experienced. I know our next manager will have his own choices but you dont get to work in the EPL unless you are good.

Seems a very competent coach, who as stated wouldn’t turn down a chance to make it three in row at Swansea.

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 10:15 - Jun 18 with 2010 viewsguthrieintherain

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:35 - Jun 18 by SullutaCreturned

I read this part,

Will need to be good to get Fisher up to scratch.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 17:56 - Jun 18 with 1850 viewsBoundy

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:31 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

He was at Swansea twice. 👍

2003 and 2013

Thanks for clarifying

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 07:49 - Jun 19 with 1734 viewsPacemaker

We had Martyn Margetson here under Cooper between 2019 & 2021 and we had a tremendous defence at the time until Russell Martin brought in Thornton and told Margetson his services were no longer required.

Margetson is still involved with the England team as far as I am aware and is obviously a good coach, i would have him back in an instant over any other GK coach.

He still lives locally too!

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:14 - Jun 19 with 1708 viewsonehunglow

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 10:15 - Jun 18 by guthrieintherain

Will need to be good to get Fisher up to scratch.

He would have to have divine help to get Fishy up to championshiplevel.
DosntRuss want to take him to Soton,after all,he was his first signing for us ,wasn’t he.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 10:45 - Jun 19 with 1654 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 07:49 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

We had Martyn Margetson here under Cooper between 2019 & 2021 and we had a tremendous defence at the time until Russell Martin brought in Thornton and told Margetson his services were no longer required.

Margetson is still involved with the England team as far as I am aware and is obviously a good coach, i would have him back in an instant over any other GK coach.

He still lives locally too!

The loss of Margetson has affected the defence for sure.
Can’t understand why an England goalkeeping coach isn’t good enough.

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 23:06 - Jun 19 with 1494 viewsKilkennyjack

Gerhard Tremmel was horse shite.
Just saying.

Sounds like Andrew would be an asset to us.

Beware of the Risen People

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 23:26 - Jun 19 with 1479 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 23:06 - Jun 19 by Kilkennyjack

Gerhard Tremmel was horse shite.
Just saying.

Sounds like Andrew would be an asset to us.

I have to say I didn’t like him as a keeper, but Sparkes obviously did 👀😂

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 1369 viewswhiterock

Our best goalkeeping coach is at the Villa now
Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 1349 viewsvetchonian

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 10:45 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

The loss of Margetson has affected the defence for sure.
Can’t understand why an England goalkeeping coach isn’t good enough.

Thats a question for Russ!

I quess Margetson wasn't buying into the process

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 1315 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 12:44 - Jun 20 by vetchonian

Thats a question for Russ!

I quess Margetson wasn't buying into the process

Martin has his 'own people' he will be loyal to. That is the way it works. There is a Margetson in the Swansea u18 and Cymru u17 squad who went to Hungary recently. Family I presume.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 13:10 - Jun 29 with 1112 viewsPacemaker

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 08:14 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

He would have to have divine help to get Fishy up to championshiplevel.
DosntRuss want to take him to Soton,after all,he was his first signing for us ,wasn’t he.

Club obviously follow my hints on here, no sooner suggested than done.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 13:26 - Jun 29 with 1069 viewsonehunglow

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 13:10 - Jun 29 by Pacemaker

Club obviously follow my hints on here, no sooner suggested than done.

I tried to help and suggest Fish take up origami .
On a serious note,I predict Duffers will prioritise the keeper position ,as contrary to some posters,that position is fundamental to any success .
Pointless having a good midfield and competent defenders if the keeper simply will not take command if his box and take control .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 20:46 - Jun 29 with 972 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Sparkes Exclusive : Swansea City fan done good ! on 13:26 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

I tried to help and suggest Fish take up origami .
On a serious note,I predict Duffers will prioritise the keeper position ,as contrary to some posters,that position is fundamental to any success .
Pointless having a good midfield and competent defenders if the keeper simply will not take command if his box and take control .

With Margetson making his mind up on a contract offer things can only get better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024