Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One upon a time in Northern Ireland 08:16 - Jun 21 with 1287 views1983

Just finished watching this history lesson where fellow country people butchered each other on the streets, my brother and my brother in law both done tours of NI in the mid 80's I was just a kid in my early teens and would often see and hear my mother getting upset but not really understanding, what a mental situation to be in I can sympathise with both arguments but those killings were brutal and horrific, what a way to live your life!

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 09:12 - Jun 21 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

Tremendous series and we’ll balanced too.
I’ve worked with many ex squaddies and they were solid to a man.
Horrific environment and we let them down,like cowards .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 16:00 - Jun 21 with 1201 viewsKilkennyjack

UK troops were put in an impossible position.

This was always a police matter.
Dealing with the public and publuc order.

Once the GFA allowed the troop withdrawals then everything has relatively calmed down. Thank God.

Keeping them deployed would have meant many more deaths.
It would have been a mistake of historic proportions.

Beware of the Risen People

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 14:28 - Jun 23 with 1086 viewsfelixstowe_jack

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 16:00 - Jun 21 by Kilkennyjack

UK troops were put in an impossible position.

This was always a police matter.
Dealing with the public and publuc order.

Once the GFA allowed the troop withdrawals then everything has relatively calmed down. Thank God.

Keeping them deployed would have meant many more deaths.
It would have been a mistake of historic proportions.

The troops were withdrawn because the IRA could not longer get volunteers to fight. The Army knew most of their terrorist plans and the IRA muppets could survive a battle with elite soldiers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 17:33 - Jun 23 with 1053 viewsKilkennyjack

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 14:28 - Jun 23 by felixstowe_jack

The troops were withdrawn because the IRA could not longer get volunteers to fight. The Army knew most of their terrorist plans and the IRA muppets could survive a battle with elite soldiers.

You really are a fool.

20 years of peace since the GFA.
Thats good enough for me.

Many people lost, and nobody won.

Beware of the Risen People

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 18:41 - Jun 23 with 1039 views1983

One upon a time in Northern Ireland on 14:28 - Jun 23 by felixstowe_jack

Bigots like you are the reason sh1t like this happens in the world,I would like to see you walking about in NI gobbling off like that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024