Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incident at club shop 16:52 - Jul 21 with 6190 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-emerges-with-swansea-disappointed-by-incident-at-c

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Incident at club shop on 16:57 - Jul 21 with 4321 viewsRhonddaSwans

didn't see the other thread sorry for spamming.
I found the footage though.

Incident at club shop on 19:00 - Jul 21 with 4115 viewsGVJack

Incident at club shop on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 4032 viewsKeithHaynes

First world problems eh ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Incident at club shop on 22:24 - Jul 21 with 3857 viewsThrasher6

Call me picky...."as in Blackadder saying it in the trenches" but I think we'll survive and move on...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Incident at club shop on 22:27 - Jul 21 with 3838 viewsKeithHaynes

Club statement.

Swansea City is extremely disappointed with an incident that occurred in our club shop on Thursday (July 20), and is aware of a video circulating on social media regarding this.

The incident involved a member of the public verbally abusing a staff member and leaving the premises without paying via the correct procedure.

The club strongly condemns such behaviour, and we are taking steps to ensure the individual in question is both identified and appropriate action taken.

We would like to remind supporters that the club is fully cashless across all its sites and trading outlets, with clear signage on display both in and around the Swansea.com Stadium.

This has been clearly communicated on several occasions, and we would like to thank the vast majority of supporters who have been supportive of this move.

Incident at club shop on 00:37 - Jul 22 with 3716 viewsKeithHaynes

I have to say I’ve seen the video and heard no abuse at all to staff..
Am I watching the right one 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

Incident at club shop on 00:40 - Jul 22 with 3713 viewsRhonddaSwans

Incident at club shop on 00:37 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

I have to say I’ve seen the video and heard no abuse at all to staff..
Am I watching the right one 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

yeah he said f off and they said im calling the police I nearly fainted 😂.
it was a storm in a tea cup at best.

Incident at club shop on 06:40 - Jul 22 with 3654 viewsbuilthjack

You should be able to pay with cash.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Incident at club shop on 07:03 - Jul 22 with 3632 viewsangryjack

Unless I can spend cash I refuse to spend another penny with the swans,not renewed my season and will never ever set foot in there again..
Incident at club shop on 08:24 - Jul 22 with 3562 viewsItchySphincter

I rarely carry cash these days but just on a wider point I didn’t think retailers were allowed to refuse to take cash? I know some do refuse, as I found when on a rare occasion I did have cash and tried to buy a coffee in Starbucks without success, but other places I’ve been in to have told me the at they’re not allowed to refuse to take cash, confusing?!

Also, a tenner spent on cash remains a tenner, and is worth a tenner to the next person, whereas every electronic transaction is subject to bank fees, further devaluing your money until eventually it has all been scooped up and there is none left.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Incident at club shop on 08:39 - Jul 22 with 3529 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Government review of cashless payments identified that about 20 percent of the population would be adversely affected by a move to cashless only. This 20 percent included less well off and older members of society.
Some people find that cash is the only way for them when it comes to budgeting, the club needs to rethink the no cash policy as part of the community risks being excluded.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Incident at club shop on 10:04 - Jul 22 with 3457 viewsmax936

Incident at club shop on 08:24 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

I rarely carry cash these days but just on a wider point I didn’t think retailers were allowed to refuse to take cash? I know some do refuse, as I found when on a rare occasion I did have cash and tried to buy a coffee in Starbucks without success, but other places I’ve been in to have told me the at they’re not allowed to refuse to take cash, confusing?!

Also, a tenner spent on cash remains a tenner, and is worth a tenner to the next person, whereas every electronic transaction is subject to bank fees, further devaluing your money until eventually it has all been scooped up and there is none left.

I went into a localish shop a couple weeks back during our "summer" and I couldn't use my card because I wasn't spending a fiver or more.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Incident at club shop on 10:16 - Jul 22 with 3430 viewsonehunglow

Incident at club shop on 07:03 - Jul 22 by angryjack

Unless I can spend cash I refuse to spend another penny with the swans,not renewed my season and will never ever set foot in there again..

Fair play

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Incident at club shop on 11:06 - Jul 22 with 3389 viewsangryjack

That's not thd only reason but a big one..
Incident at club shop on 11:16 - Jul 22 with 3374 viewsKeithHaynes

Incident at club shop on 11:06 - Jul 22 by angryjack

That's not thd only reason but a big one..

Was that you in the vid ? 😉

Incident at club shop on 12:29 - Jul 22 with 3314 viewswhiterock

I never use cash, and now have a record of what I spent in a pub on a Saturday evening, it suits me

I not too old to remember the days when I used to use a cheque book
Incident at club shop on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 3259 viewsJackDragon

As a small business owner I can't stress enough how important paying in cash is. You pay me in cash I pay that cash into my bank accout at my local post office. If everyone pays with their card/phone/watch or whatever, I have no need to go to the post office. I've over simplified it but i'm sure you get the idea. STID.
Incident at club shop on 13:40 - Jul 22 with 3224 viewsReslovenSwan1

I had an MOT at my local garage. I asked if I could pay cash. I asked how much he said £40. After I paid him and asked for a receipt the owner groaned and said and the receipt was for a bit more. I offered more and he just sort of chucked with a "one is born every day" looks on his face.

Swansea city employ a lot of people and times are hard. Cash deals can see money lost to dishonest staff members theoretically and full payment to HM Government tax.

On the other hand how do 13- 15 year old children pay?. Do they carry cash cards around with them. Do they carry cash on the phone apps. these days ? Perhaps Swansea could have a pre paid card for them.

The lad making point lacked manners and should have been thrown out of the shop by security. His point was lost by his hard man effing and jeffing.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Incident at club shop on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 3210 viewsJackDragon

Incident at club shop on 13:40 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I had an MOT at my local garage. I asked if I could pay cash. I asked how much he said £40. After I paid him and asked for a receipt the owner groaned and said and the receipt was for a bit more. I offered more and he just sort of chucked with a "one is born every day" looks on his face.

Swansea city employ a lot of people and times are hard. Cash deals can see money lost to dishonest staff members theoretically and full payment to HM Government tax.

On the other hand how do 13- 15 year old children pay?. Do they carry cash cards around with them. Do they carry cash on the phone apps. these days ? Perhaps Swansea could have a pre paid card for them.

The lad making point lacked manners and should have been thrown out of the shop by security. His point was lost by his hard man effing and jeffing.

I suggest you find a more reputable garage. STID
Incident at club shop on 13:53 - Jul 22 with 3205 viewsFireboy2

Incident at club shop on 13:40 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

If I pay cash for an mot it's probably cheaper so I wouldn't be bothered about a receipt.
Incident at club shop on 13:58 - Jul 22 with 3193 viewsguthrieintherain

Incident at club shop on 11:16 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

It sounded like he was auditioning for a part in Twin Town

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Incident at club shop on 15:31 - Jul 22 with 3121 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cash is still legal tender. If people still want to use it then they shold be able to. maybe the best way is to go shopping, when you get to the til if they refuse the cash just say Ok I'll leave then, it makes the point I think and no abuse is needed.

it makes even more of a point if that happens in a Starbucks or other food and drink outlet because they've probably done your order and if they refuse the cash the food and drink is likely wasted.
Incident at club shop on 15:47 - Jul 22 with 3089 viewsangryjack

Incident at club shop on 11:16 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

No but I thinking of doing one..haha
Incident at club shop on 16:29 - Jul 22 with 3058 viewsjack247

Devils advocate here, but just because cash is legal tender doesn’t oblige the club to accept it. Morally maybe, but they are perfectly within their rights.

Plenty of places don’t accept cards or any form of electronic payment. They don’t seem to get called out on it.
Incident at club shop on 16:51 - Jul 22 with 3029 viewsonehunglow

Incident at club shop on 16:29 - Jul 22 by jack247

Devils advocate here, but just because cash is legal tender doesn’t oblige the club to accept it. Morally maybe, but they are perfectly within their rights.

Plenty of places don’t accept cards or any form of electronic payment. They don’t seem to get called out on it.

People should not rely on technology 100%
That means carrying money

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024