Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A back 4 12:36 - Jul 26 with 1032 viewsmagicdaps10

How long before we revert to this?

Martin stubbornly stuck with 3 and Duff seems to be happy to go with 3 when 4 has clearly worked better especially for our centre halves.
Give our lack of wing back options a flat back 4 with Key and Naughton would be a solid option.

NEW KEEPER

KEY-CABANGO-WOOD-NAUGHTON

GRIMES-FULTON

GINNELLY-PIROE-NTCHAM

YATES

4-2-3-1

No 10 with 2 wingers, one with a bit of pace and another with a bit of industry and skill.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A back 4 on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 974 viewsploppy

I've never quite understood the obsession with playing 4 at the back. Many teams play 3 these days, and we have done ourselves, going back to the Toshack days, when it was quite revolutionary. 3 at the back is more flexible because it allows you to play 3 when in possession and 5 when out of possession, for example.

We have a couple of problems to solve though. Cabango seems to struggle in a 3, because he doesn't have enough pace to play left or right, and he's not dominant enough in the air to play centre. Oh, and he's not very good in possession. I'm no fan of Cabango (that's no secret, nice bloke though) so I'd rather bench him and find someone who's comfortable in the formation.

The other problem is we don't really have wingbacks. But again, I'd rather fix that problem than just play a formation because that's all our players can play.
A back 4 on 14:07 - Jul 26 with 934 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am not sure that Duff does 4 at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024