Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fire Service enquiry 18:11 - Jul 28 with 2604 viewsonehunglow

Saw the results of this today and didn’t look good.
With Police being corrupt,incompetent and racist and now firefighters retained after abusing cleaning staff,it kakds one wonder as to what Paramedcs are up to. And what about the Coastguard .
It would be nice to see an enquiry into those who enquire .

God help us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fire Service enquiry on 08:34 - Jul 29 with 1964 viewsSullutaCreturned

it's all part of the general diminsihing of social standards. When we allow society to become so feral and society provides the workers, what do we expect will happen?

There were always bad people and so there were/are bad people in our public sector jobs. As their number in society increases the knock on effect is clear.
Fire Service enquiry on 09:39 - Jul 29 with 1950 viewsonehunglow

Fire Service enquiry on 08:34 - Jul 29 by SullutaCreturned

it's all part of the general diminsihing of social standards. When we allow society to become so feral and society provides the workers, what do we expect will happen?

There were always bad people and so there were/are bad people in our public sector jobs. As their number in society increases the knock on effect is clear.

Let’s be brutal Cat,if someone is in a burning house and their children are trapped ,few would be bothered if they’d “ abused” or” bullied” anyone.

Fire Service enquiry on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 1921 viewsWhiterockin

Fire Service enquiry on 09:39 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Let’s be brutal Cat,if someone is in a burning house and their children are trapped ,few would be bothered if they’d “ abused” or” bullied” anyone.

It doesn't make it right though.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fire Service enquiry on 12:36 - Jul 29 with 1900 viewsDr_Winston

As much as some people pine for the days when some Police could smack around drunks and fit people up with impunity, times change.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fire Service enquiry on 12:38 - Jul 29 with 1899 viewsSullutaCreturned

Fire Service enquiry on 09:39 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

if it was kids I'd try. Any kids. Kids can change. I knew jids in school who were bullies who turned into nice people.

if there was a paedo, rapist or a generally well known scumbag...I may refrain.
Fire Service enquiry on 14:05 - Jul 29 with 1847 viewsonehunglow

Fire Service enquiry on 11:36 - Jul 29 by Whiterockin

It doesn't make it right though.

No it doesn’t make it right but it’s a fact.
Those who saves lives often have dark corners
People pine for the days when we had something unlike the sheer contempt many have for any forms of what they see as authority.
They line for the days when kids were kept in check by parents who gave a Shiite ,for a start .
Looking around,I kinda see their point .
As regards fitting people up Winston, it’s a fair point ,as fair as the whole scale obfuscation ,casuistry and manipulatiion of witnesses in Crown Court by learned counsel.

The fire service ,which was the OP and the enquiry comes up with matters that would shock,like the fire fighter in south wales who abused a cleaner but kept his job . Others elsewhere promoted .
Women openly treated with contempt with sexual overtones.

I spent Christ knows how many years working alongside firefighters and with very few exception all were genuine public servants risking their necks ,literally, for the general public. Ergo ,I think they re good people which goes against the findings of this report.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 14:08]

Fire Service enquiry on 17:15 - Jul 29 with 1794 viewsFlashberryjack

Fire Service enquiry on 14:05 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

People pine for the days when we had something unlike the sheer contempt many have for any forms of what they see as authority.
They line for the days when kids were kept in check by parents who gave a Shiite ,for a start .
As regards fitting people up Winston, it’s a fair point ,as fair as the whole scale obfuscation ,casuistry and manipulatiion of witnesses in Crown Court by learned counsel.

The fire service ,which was the OP and the enquiry comes up with matters that would shock,like the fire fighter in south wales who abused a cleaner but kept his job . Others elsewhere promoted .

I spent Christ knows how many years working alongside firefighters and with very few exception all were genuine public servants risking their necks ,literally, for the general public. Ergo ,I think they re good people which goes against the findings of this report.

Why have an inquiry ? the result will be the same as all other enquiries.

"Institutionally racist, misogynistic, homophobic with a bullying culture"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fire Service enquiry on 17:36 - Jul 29 with 1777 viewsSullutaCreturned

Fire Service enquiry on 12:36 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

As much as some people pine for the days when some Police could smack around drunks and fit people up with impunity, times change.

Judging by recent stories the polce still fit people up with impunity, some commit rapes and murders and other abuses like whatsapping pictures of murdered people.

Times have canged, things have changed but the problems remain.
Login to get fewer ads

Fire Service enquiry on 19:00 - Jul 29 with 1753 viewsKilkennyjack

We need both.

People who save lives and being the professionals they are trained to be.

People who cant do both need to be sacked.
Proper fire fighters deserve better.

Beware of the Risen People

Fire Service enquiry on 19:05 - Jul 29 with 1751 viewsSullutaCreturned

Fire Service enquiry on 19:00 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

We need both.

Proper people everywhere deserve better and those who do bad things deserve worse than what they get,

This country (UK) is rubbish, the blame lays squarely at the feet of the politicians who have put this country into a managed decline for the last 45 years. I'd say it pretty much started with Thatcher but Labour contributed too.
Fire Service enquiry on 19:53 - Jul 29 with 1727 viewsonehunglow

Fire Service enquiry on 19:00 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

We need both.

People are flawed Killy.
Everyone has a dark side
Everyone has issues
It’s only when you look into the glass that you see

Fire Service enquiry on 23:33 - Jul 29 with 1695 viewsmajorraglan

The purpose of these enquiries is to find things, so the people working on these enquiries are going to look for things they can highlight in there reports to show they are doing their job. It’s the same with reports commissioned by charities and pressure groups, they have an agenda and their work and research is intended to further their cause and generate more money. Good news travels fast and bad news travels faster!!

I don’t think for 1 minute the fire service is a perfect organisation, neither are the police, civil service or any other organisation, they’ve all got their share of bad apples just like society, but I bet the police and fire service are far better behaved and streets ahead of many professions. A couple of my mates work in the police, a couple work in the NHS and a fair few in construction, the ones working for the police and the NHS are much more “aware” than the guys on construction.
Fire Service enquiry on 07:02 - Jul 30 with 1657 viewsjackrmee

There’s plenty of people queuing up for a job with the fire service.
I’m sure any new recruit would want to save lives just as much as these guys who kept their job after being guilty of abuse.

The system condones abuse.
Same with the police.
If they cracked down on racism in the police, maybe it wouldn’t attract or even produce the racist.
If the fire service cracked down on abuse, maybe it wouldn’t have so many abusers.
I can’t see that correlating to them having less people wanting to save lives.
Just a thought.

The whole system is messed up. The UK is a joke,

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fire Service enquiry on 07:06 - Jul 30 with 1657 viewsjackrmee

Fire Service enquiry on 23:33 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

The purpose of these enquiries is to find things, so the people working on these enquiries are going to look for things they can highlight in there reports to show they are doing their job. It’s the same with reports commissioned by charities and pressure groups, they have an agenda and their work and research is intended to further their cause and generate more money. Good news travels fast and bad news travels faster!!

I don’t think for 1 minute the fire service is a perfect organisation, neither are the police, civil service or any other organisation, they’ve all got their share of bad apples just like society, but I bet the police and fire service are far better behaved and streets ahead of many professions. A couple of my mates work in the police, a couple work in the NHS and a fair few in construction, the ones working for the police and the NHS are much more “aware” than the guys on construction.

Aye but they don’t do enquiries for nothing.

If you’re a bellend and you get found out, you should get sacked. Your own fault.
If you get found out and get told it’s fine, then you’re going to carry on being a bellend, and others might think it’s cool to copy you, as there is no cumuppance

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fire Service enquiry on 08:10 - Jul 30 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

Fire Service enquiry on 07:02 - Jul 30 by jackrmee

I’m sure any new recruit would want to save lives just as much as these guys who kept their job after being guilty of abuse.

Same with the police.
If they cracked down on racism in the police, maybe it wouldn’t attract or even produce the racist.
If the fire service cracked down on abuse, maybe it wouldn’t have so many abusers.
Just a thought.

Explain exactly how we crack down in detail.
With respect,you glided over the thrust of my argument

Fire Service enquiry on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 1589 viewsSullutaCreturned

Same with the police.
Just a thought.

it's not just the UK. Wherever you go the people in power and their rich friends take the mick out of the rest of us.

We are nothing to them but a source of income so they can live in luxury while we toil away making massive profits for them. They fly in their private jets, sail on superyachts and stay in the very best hotels eating the finest foods all paid for by our sweat and then they tell us we don't deserve or they cannot afford a cost of living pay rise.

It's a hard life being a billionaire, so many decisions. Another mansion, another Bentley/Ferrari/Bugatti, ah to heck with the workers I'll have all of them.
Fire Service enquiry on 14:29 - Jul 30 with 1538 viewsonehunglow

It is impossible to have people without blemishes in any large institution.
It’s like suggesting the public is all good. And everyone tells the truth and is non racist ,sexist,ageist et .
Everyone has flaws .Accept that and admit human frailties and we might get somewhere.

Meanwhile ,back on topic,right now someone is having their life saved by someone who might not fit the bill of a perfect human being,the type of person we are looking to to fill these public jobs.

Quite why anyone joins an emergency service beats me .

Fire Service enquiry on 20:23 - Jul 30 with 1490 viewsSullutaCreturned

Fire Service enquiry on 14:29 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

It’s like suggesting the public is all good. And everyone tells the truth and is non racist ,sexist,ageist et .
Everyone has flaws .Accept that and admit human frailties and we might get somewhere.

Meanwhile ,back on topic,right now someone is having their life saved by someone who might not fit the bill of a perfect human being,the type of person we are looking to to fill these public jobs.

I have riends in the NHS, Fire Service, Armed forces (ex now) and police, again ex. All of them had the same idea, they wanted to help people.

It may sound a bit odd, joining the armed forces to help people but the forces are not all about fighting and killing.
Fire Service enquiry on 20:52 - Jul 30 with 1471 viewsonehunglow

Fire Service enquiry on 20:23 - Jul 30 by SullutaCreturned

I have riends in the NHS, Fire Service, Armed forces (ex now) and police, again ex. All of them had the same idea, they wanted to help people.

It may sound a bit odd, joining the armed forces to help people but the forces are not all about fighting and killing.

Not odd to me Cat.
They do the jobs most won’t

Fire Service enquiry on 14:33 - Jul 31 with 1393 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Same with the police.
Just a thought.

Not as if the EU is any better with its corruption, lack of democracy, high unemployment and riots in France.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Fire Service enquiry on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 1316 viewsFireboy2

When I first saw the news on this enquiry it made my blood boil not because of the alleged things that are going on but because we as a whole are being made scapegoats by isolated instances and its been blown well out of proportion.

I can say with hand on heart that nothing of the sort has happened in my brigade in the years I have been in, that's why my blood has been boiling.

I am very very proud of the service I work for, I take pride in what I do, I joined to save life and to help people and the vast percentage of firefighters join to do the same, yes there will be some neerdowells who let the service but its a very very small minority.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 23:28]
Fire Service enquiry on 00:32 - Aug 2 with 1286 viewsKeithHaynes

Fire Service enquiry on 22:34 - Aug 1 by Fireboy2

When I first saw the news on this enquiry it made my blood boil not because of the alleged things that are going on but because we as a whole are being made scapegoats by isolated instances and its been blown well out of proportion.

I can say with hand on heart that nothing of the sort has happened in my brigade in the years I have been in, that's why my blood has been boiling.

I am very very proud of the service I work for, I take pride in what I do, I joined to save life and to help people and the vast percentage of firefighters join to do the same, yes there will be some neerdowells who let the service but its a very very small minority.

The same for all emergency services mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fire Service enquiry on 08:07 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewsSullutaCreturned

Fire Service enquiry on 22:34 - Aug 1 by Fireboy2

it's like I have said on the solicitors thread mate, it's a vast minority of bad apples, bad apples get everywhere but they are not the whole orchard.

We cannot tar all of you with the same brush.

PS, I have met Fireboy, we're meeting up again at WBA and he's a top bloke. I would say a typical firefighter, he puts others first and he loves to take the p.....urine!
Fire Service enquiry on 08:14 - Aug 2 with 1219 viewsjackrmee

Fire Service enquiry on 08:10 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Explain exactly how we crack down in detail.
With respect,you glided over the thrust of my argument

Apologies if I glided over.
I don’t know how to crack down. Maybe sacking people who get caught abusing would be a start, instead of slapping them on the wrist very softly, or even denying they have done wrong.

Fire Service enquiry on 08:29 - Aug 2 with 1214 viewsjackrmee

Fire Service enquiry on 14:29 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

I agree, but just because there a people with blemishes, doesn’t mean that when those blemishes are shown or when people do bad things, they should just be ignored. That breeds more bad things.

Just because there are thieves everywhere, doesn’t mean that we should legalise theft.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024