Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ntcham off to Turkey?? 17:43 - Jul 30 with 9620 viewstheloneranger

Rough translation ...

Samsunspor reached an agreement with Olivier Ntcham wearing the Swansea shirt.

• The player will be in Istanbul on Wednesday to sign a contract.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:49 - Jul 30 with 3925 viewsmagicdaps10

Makes sense, getting a few players in and one is going out at a rumoured 3M.

It's how the board works.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:53 - Jul 30 with 3911 viewsThornburyswan

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:49 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Makes sense, getting a few players in and one is going out at a rumoured 3M.

It's how the board works.

Plus he’s in the last year of his contract like JP.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 3903 viewsblackpooljack

Had a lot more bad days than good 3m would be teriffic business
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:58 - Jul 30 with 3888 viewsDr_Winston

By some distance our most technically capable midfielder and now it looks like we're finally going to be playing him through the middle after two wasted years it'll be a shame if he leaves now.

Still, the contract situation is always going to be an issue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:03 - Jul 30 with 3863 viewsFireboy2

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:58 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

By some distance our most technically capable midfielder and now it looks like we're finally going to be playing him through the middle after two wasted years it'll be a shame if he leaves now.

Totally agree Doc, he's got better and better, I will be gutted if he goes.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:10 - Jul 30 with 3826 viewsshandyjack

£3m and £26k roughly off the wage bill. Should help us get in an additional player to replace him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:12 - Jul 30 with 3813 viewsjasper_T

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:10 - Jul 30 by shandyjack

£3m and £26k roughly off the wage bill. Should help us get in an additional player to replace him

Or badly needed cash and savings in a position we're already overstocked in.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 3788 viewsDr_Winston

Easy enough to say that we're overstocked. How many other midfielders do we have that can do what he does?

Steady Eddie deep midfielders we've got a few of. Genuine creative options who can also drive play forward are in very short supply.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:26 - Jul 30 with 3750 viewsshandyjack

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:12 - Jul 30 by jasper_T

Or badly needed cash and savings in a position we're already overstocked in.

I’m not so sure we are overstocked in that position TBf, especially with Walsh and Allen’s injury records

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:28 - Jul 30 with 3749 viewsmagicdaps10

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:18 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Easy enough to say that we're overstocked. How many other midfielders do we have that can do what he does?

Steady Eddie deep midfielders we've got a few of. Genuine creative options who can also drive play forward are in very short supply.

Agreed.

Who else is a strong creative 10 able to chip in with a few goals in our squad?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:29 - Jul 30 with 3740 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:18 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

At £25k a week he should be the club's best player. He should also be a star turn every week turning draws into wins.

I do not recall too many occasions when he did this. One year left cash in and give Watson some money to spend. Gustavo Hamer similar to him and he drove them to the play offs.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:30 - Jul 30 with 3739 viewsjasper_T

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:26 - Jul 30 by shandyjack

I’m not so sure we are overstocked in that position TBf, especially with Walsh and Allen’s injury records

Grimes, Fulton, Allen, Walsh, Cooper, Paterson and Abdulai based on Duff's preseason selections. Grimes doesn't miss football so that's four fighting over two spots even when Allen and Walsh are both unavailable.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:02 - Jul 30 with 3610 viewsWhiterockin

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:10 - Jul 30 by shandyjack

£3M banked and a decent loan in to replace plus a saving of £10-15K a week would make sense.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:05 - Jul 30 with 3597 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 18:30 - Jul 30 by jasper_T

Grimes, Fulton, Allen, Walsh, Cooper, Paterson and Abdulai based on Duff's preseason selections. Grimes doesn't miss football so that's four fighting over two spots even when Allen and Walsh are both unavailable.

To be honest, I'd get rid of Paterson. he's been so patchy since his little spat I think we're better off without. I'd have used his wages to offer Ntcham an increase.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:19 - Jul 30 with 3524 viewsRichardO

Contracts and money issues having a big impact, Downes sold last year, Ntcham and Piroe on their way means we will be struggling to replace the strength in the squad we had the previously seasons, let alone increasing it.
Does that now mean we need 6/7 players in?
Anybody know what the team will be next Saturday?
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:30 - Jul 30 with 3462 viewsraynor94

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:19 - Jul 30 by RichardO

Contracts and money issues having a big impact, Downes sold last year, Ntcham and Piroe on their way means we will be struggling to replace the strength in the squad we had the previously seasons, let alone increasing it.
Does that now mean we need 6/7 players in?
Anybody know what the team will be next Saturday?

We need to sell players, it's the way of the world, we are losing around a million a month, so have to be canny.

Yesterday was arguably our strongest 11, Ntcham leaving 4 coming in.

So do expect a couple of changes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:39 - Jul 30 with 3412 viewsRichardO

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:30 - Jul 30 by raynor94

We need to sell players, it's the way of the world, we are losing around a million a month, so have to be canny.

I know but it doesn't help the mood swings while trying to keep some perspective.
Really looking forward to the game on Saturday and the start of the new season.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:45 - Jul 30 with 3386 viewsDr_Winston

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:30 - Jul 30 by raynor94

We were losing a million a month during the period covered by the last set of accounts. We won't know until the next set of accounts come out if we still are.

I would hope that deficit has been decreased somewhat by then.

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:45 - Jul 30 with 3386 viewsguthrieintherain

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 17:58 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

27k a week our highest earner that's 1.3 million a year.
Plus the 3 million coming into the club if that fee is true it's a very good deal for the club.

I really rated him as well on his day our most giftes midfielder by a mile.

But we need to buld for the future and if that means getting someone else in on 10k a week on a 3 year deal so be it.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:57 - Jul 30 with 3333 viewsjasper_T

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:05 - Jul 30 by SullutaCreturned

To be honest, I'd get rid of Paterson. he's been so patchy since his little spat I think we're better off without. I'd have used his wages to offer Ntcham an increase.

The hope should be that now his co-spatter is gone he gets a chance to return to previous form (9 goals 9 assists in 38 games). Maybe he doesn't suit Duff's high energy grindset, but then neither does Ntcham really.

Ntcham was at his best playing deeper alongside Grimes, even if he were to stay we'd still want that midfielder to get in around the strikers (if Cooper and Paterson aren't considered sufficient). As a 10 he was generally poor. No idea why someone would want to make him by far our highest earner to hang on to him.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:03 - Jul 30 with 3306 viewsBadlands

Oh dear ☹️

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:05 - Jul 30 with 3296 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:57 - Jul 30 by jasper_T

The hope should be that now his co-spatter is gone he gets a chance to return to previous form (9 goals 9 assists in 38 games). Maybe he doesn't suit Duff's high energy grindset, but then neither does Ntcham really.

Ntcham was at his best playing deeper alongside Grimes, even if he were to stay we'd still want that midfielder to get in around the strikers (if Cooper and Paterson aren't considered sufficient). As a 10 he was generally poor. No idea why someone would want to make him by far our highest earner to hang on to him.

No idea? Well we all have different opinions eh. Still, I'd keep Ntcham over Paterson because Ntcham is a better player and he hasn't caused any grief, as far as I know.
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:09 - Jul 30 with 3250 viewsjojaca

I feel a bit deflated if Ntcham goes, I think he's key player in our quest for promotion. No one has that ability in the squad to pull the trigger from 25/30 yards. Your not going to get much creativity and goals from the rest of the current midfield and Ollie Cooper is not the answer.

Even when you know, you never know?

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:15 - Jul 30 with 3224 viewsswan_si

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 19:45 - Jul 30 by guthrieintherain

27k a week our highest earner that's 1.3 million a year.
Plus the 3 million coming into the club if that fee is true it's a very good deal for the club.

I really rated him as well on his day our most giftes midfielder by a mile.

But we need to buld for the future and if that means getting someone else in on 10k a week on a 3 year deal so be it.

According to Planet Swans, the suggested fee is £1.75m

https://planetswans.co.uk/2023/07/30/ntcham-to-depart-agreement-with-samsunspor/
Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:16 - Jul 30 with 3217 viewsDr_Winston

Ntcham off to Turkey?? on 20:09 - Jul 30 by jojaca

I feel a bit deflated if Ntcham goes, I think he's key player in our quest for promotion. No one has that ability in the squad to pull the trigger from 25/30 yards. Your not going to get much creativity and goals from the rest of the current midfield and Ollie Cooper is not the answer.

Cooper will have a role to play but in terms of natural ability he's streets behind Oli. For me, until newer additions have proven themselves, Ntcham is second only to Piroe in terms of the threat he offers us going forward.

Really quite surprised to see Jasper, about as good a judge of a player as you can get in these parts be so dismissive of him. I think we'd do very well indeed to find an adequate replacement, especially now that he's not having to work his way in from out wide.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024