Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mykola the big Ukranian 21:13 - Jul 31 with 2469 viewsmagicdaps10

Have to admit that his signing doesn't really make me get excited although this type of signing always has a certain feel that in time we could be calling it a masterstroke.

Something that has caught my attention, Hibs fans seem to rate him and rate him highly.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mykola the big Ukranian on 23:32 - Jul 31 with 2154 viewsReslovenSwan1

Players like this are rare. There are especially rare in mainland indigenous Wales. Moore and Vokes were Anglo-Welsh players born over the dyke. They are practically non existent in South West Wales for reasons unkown.

I suspect someone in the Swansea academy directs all the big lads into d being defenders. Plenty of strapping no 5 from Swansea. Joe Lewis, Cameron Evans, Brandon Cooper, Ben Cabango, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies in recent times.

Neath born Rubin Colwill could turn out to be a no 9 but at present is a midfielder. and 6 ft 5 inches. i recall Paul Warhust being prolific after converting to be a striker from a centre back. Chris Sutton was also originally a centre back.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mykola the big Ukranian on 09:41 - Aug 1 with 1880 viewsonehunglow

Mykola the big Ukranian on 23:32 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Players like this are rare. There are especially rare in mainland indigenous Wales. Moore and Vokes were Anglo-Welsh players born over the dyke. They are practically non existent in South West Wales for reasons unkown.

I suspect someone in the Swansea academy directs all the big lads into d being defenders. Plenty of strapping no 5 from Swansea. Joe Lewis, Cameron Evans, Brandon Cooper, Ben Cabango, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies in recent times.

Neath born Rubin Colwill could turn out to be a no 9 but at present is a midfielder. and 6 ft 5 inches. i recall Paul Warhust being prolific after converting to be a striker from a centre back. Chris Sutton was also originally a centre back.

Should we stick to pure breeding in Wales ,Res.
No mixed unions ,only Welsh nonconformists ,keep the blood line clean.
No foreigners !

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:48 - Aug 1 with 1739 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well if Piroe stays it will at least give us options to change the game up front. Piroe isn't exactly a target man but at 6'4 maybe we'll see more hopeful crosses at times.

Always try to keep the oppo guessing, being predictable makes it easier for them.
Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:21 - Aug 1 with 1673 viewsBoundy

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:48 - Aug 1 by SullutaCreturned

Well if Piroe stays it will at least give us options to change the game up front. Piroe isn't exactly a target man but at 6'4 maybe we'll see more hopeful crosses at times.

Always try to keep the oppo guessing, being predictable makes it easier for them.

I bet whilst he's still here he'll want to impress potential suitors . I'm disappointed if the stories true about wanting a golden handshake though , he wasn't exactly well known before coming to us , one way it seems

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mykola the big Ukranian on 09:12 - Aug 2 with 1476 viewsjackrmee

Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:21 - Aug 1 by Boundy

I bet whilst he's still here he'll want to impress potential suitors . I'm disappointed if the stories true about wanting a golden handshake though , he wasn't exactly well known before coming to us , one way it seems

I agree about the golden handshake being a bit much, but it’s in Piroe’s interest to leave at the end of his contract and get a great deal after scoring 20+ goals again.
If Winter made the offer the his old man to coax him to leave early, then that’s a whole different kettle.
Can’t blame the guy for not wanting to renegotiate that.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:01 - Aug 2 with 1391 viewsWhiterockin

Mykola the big Ukranian on 09:12 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

I agree about the golden handshake being a bit much, but it’s in Piroe’s interest to leave at the end of his contract and get a great deal after scoring 20+ goals again.
If Winter made the offer the his old man to coax him to leave early, then that’s a whole different kettle.

With Yates and Mykola here, I just wonder if Piroe will score as many goals if he does stay.
Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 1337 viewsBryanSwan

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:01 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

With Yates and Mykola here, I just wonder if Piroe will score as many goals if he does stay.

Its a weird one, no doubt he is a good player but for whatever reason i just can't see him being as prolific this season.
If a club came in for £10m i would be biting their hands off.
Mykola certainly is an interesting propect. Looking forward to him getting some game time here.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 1319 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:01 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

Piroe can actually play as a striker this season. He won’t keep having to drop forty yards to pick the ball up off the centre back anymore

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:55 - Aug 2 with 1294 viewsWhiterockin

Mykola the big Ukranian on 12:47 - Aug 2 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Piroe can actually play as a striker this season. He won’t keep having to drop forty yards to pick the ball up off the centre back anymore

In fairness Piroe scored more goals when playing deeper than up front. But this season will be a completely different set up and style so who can call it.
Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:05 - Aug 2 with 1280 viewsGVJack

Mykola the big Ukranian on 09:12 - Aug 2 by jackrmee

Getting a good lump sum as a return would be ideal for a player in the last year of his contract. But If he wants a golden handshake which severely reduces our return on investment then I say f@*k it and keep him here for another season.

It's not like we wouldn't have budgeted for his weekly wages when we signed him up so don't see those being an issue

Must be other ways to balance the books and gives us a better chance of promotion with him in the ranks.

Either he wants to test himself at a higher level now or he wants to go for the money. If the latter then that's up to him to negotiate a better salary at a new club. Maybe others aren't prepared to pay him what he thinks he's worth.
Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 1226 viewsRichardO

Mykola, a new John Hartson?
Able to handle himself in the air but also very good on the ground when used properly, not oh he is tall let's get the ball in the air to him every time.
Do have concerns about his injuries as to how they were sustained and his recovery time, given some of our present squad have an history of injuries but then again is that why we have been able to get him?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:35]
Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:42 - Aug 2 with 1208 viewsPawelAbbott

Mykola the big Ukranian on 23:32 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Is it partly because bigger lads get talked into playing rugby more than football from a young age.
Any sign of you being bigger and stronger and you are enlisted in the rugby team
Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:55 - Aug 2 with 1173 viewsRichardO

Mykola the big Ukranian on 13:42 - Aug 2 by PawelAbbott

Is it partly because bigger lads get talked into playing rugby more than football from a young age.
Any sign of you being bigger and stronger and you are enlisted in the rugby team

St Josephs in Swansea didn't have a playing field so it was either the concrete yard or up to Paradise Park on the ash pitch so footie only, when we got up to Bishop Vaughan Rugby teachers first job was to turn the heads of the football players.
Know some flankers with very handy foot work who wouldn't have been out of place on the football pitch.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024