Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97544 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:07 - Sep 27 with 1026 viewsbuilthjack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:55 - Sep 27 by union_jack

Straw man arguments all the time!

Facts.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:27 - Sep 27 with 1008 viewslifelong

Still not noticing much of a difference when driving today.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:29 - Sep 27 with 1007 viewsbuilthjack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:27 - Sep 27 by lifelong

If it saves lives and accidents it’s a good thing. Time will tell.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:32 - Sep 27 with 1002 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 21:29 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Agreed.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:47 - Sep 27 with 983 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:29 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Wales has a budget. I'm not interested in Westminster it's not relevant in this argument. Could Wales have spent £32M elsewhere and saved more lives.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:56 - Sep 27 with 956 viewsbuilthjack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:32 - Sep 27 by lifelong

Agreed.

Indeed. What’s money if you have no life.

The 20MPH punishments on 22:06 - Sep 27 with 930 viewsLuther27

The 20MPH punishments on 13:51 - Sep 27 by Whiterockin

Exactly. They will just close ranks this afternoon and kick the can down the road by saying they will let it settle down and tweak it in the future if needed. This will not please Labour hierarchy in Westminster who do not want this dragging on towards a general election. Prepare for Drakeford to have his knuckles wrapped.

I’m hoping it’s more to do with pain and testicles actually.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:11 - Sep 28 with 851 viewsDr_Winston

But it's all about the safety innit...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 07:24 - Sep 28 with 839 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 07:11 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

It's the thin edge of the wedge, some people need to wake up. If you let the Senedd do exactly what they want they will only steamroller though even more extreme measures. The Senedd are against car drivers and will bring in any measures they can to make driving more difficult. Fine if you live Cardiff with an excellent public transport network but it will be catastrophic for the most of Wales.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:25 - Sep 28 with 839 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 07:11 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

And on Radio 4 just a few minutes ago Lee Waters had the brass neck to say it was the Tories who wanted to start a culture war! Basically these people have a vision of how things should be that they will implement regardless of our wishes. They know best; a Burkean approach to representative democracy for the 21st century!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 8:17]
The 20MPH punishments on 07:55 - Sep 28 with 801 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 07:24 - Sep 28 by Whiterockin

It's the thin edge of the wedge, some people need to wake up. If you let the Senedd do exactly what they want they will only steamroller though even more extreme measures. The Senedd are against car drivers and will bring in any measures they can to make driving more difficult. Fine if you live Cardiff with an excellent public transport network but it will be catastrophic for the most of Wales.

Exactly.

Let them get away with this and worse will come. Cardiff will be fine, and the rest can go f*ck themselves. Translate that into Welsh and you've got a Senedd motto.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:04 - Sep 28 with 793 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Anti Senedd 20mph petition has now surpassed the number of voters who voted for Labour in the last Senedd election.

Rescind disastrous 20 mph law 443,152 signatures, that is an average of over 11,000 signatures per constituency.

Total labour constituency votes 443,057.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:06 - Sep 28 with 783 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 07:25 - Sep 28 by AnotherJohn

And on Radio 4 just a few minutes ago Lee Waters had the brass neck to say it was the Tories who wanted to start a culture war! Basically these people have a vision of how things should be that they will implement regardless of our wishes. They know best; a Burkean approach to representative democracy for the 21st century!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 8:17]

Age old political tactic, accuse your opponents of what you are trying to do.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 08:22 - Sep 28 with 762 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The 20MPH punishments on 08:04 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

The Anti Senedd 20mph petition has now surpassed the number of voters who voted for Labour in the last Senedd election.

Rescind disastrous 20 mph law 443,152 signatures, that is an average of over 11,000 signatures per constituency.

Total labour constituency votes 443,057.

They can’t possibly ignore that many people and get away with it.

But they will.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 08:32 - Sep 28 with 738 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:27 - Sep 27 by lifelong

I'm glad that traffic is moving as freely as before the introduction of the 20mph law.

But there again leaving out opinion the facts as usual are different.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/27/welsh-20mph-makes-buses-late-arriva-
The 20MPH punishments on 08:33 - Sep 28 with 729 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:22 - Sep 28 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They can’t possibly ignore that many people and get away with it.

But they will.

Will be interesting to see how many of that 443,000 will remind Drakeford at the next senedd election.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:43 - Sep 28 with 713 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 08:33 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

Will be interesting to see how many of that 443,000 will remind Drakeford at the next senedd election.

The labour party hierarchy are getting very twitchy with a general election on the horizon. They have already had a word with Drakeford to sort it out and sort it out now.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:36 - Sep 28 with 675 viewsjohnlangy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:33 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

I'll refer you back to my previous post where I explained that Labour and Plaid, who both had the 20 MPH plan as part of their manifesto, won 43 out of 60 Senedd seats with a combined vote of 670,000.

I'll refer you also to the point I made that the original Senedd motion in favour of the speed limit was brought forward by a Tory MS. Also to the fact that the Tory group in the Senedd were very much in favour of the motion (7 for, 1 against and two abstentions). That is before suddenly, under the leadership (again) of Andrew RT Davies, doing a complete about turn and fighting against the plan.

People complain rightly that political parties don't follow up on their manifesto pledges then also complain when they do.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:09 - Sep 28 with 638 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 09:36 - Sep 28 by johnlangy

I'll refer you back to my previous post where I explained that Labour and Plaid, who both had the 20 MPH plan as part of their manifesto, won 43 out of 60 Senedd seats with a combined vote of 670,000.

I'll refer you also to the point I made that the original Senedd motion in favour of the speed limit was brought forward by a Tory MS. Also to the fact that the Tory group in the Senedd were very much in favour of the motion (7 for, 1 against and two abstentions). That is before suddenly, under the leadership (again) of Andrew RT Davies, doing a complete about turn and fighting against the plan.

People complain rightly that political parties don't follow up on their manifesto pledges then also complain when they do.

There's a lot there that's technically true, but it's being a bit disingenuous to suggest that either party made it a major part of their manifesto. Labour gave about two lines to it if memory serves, and let's be honest, how many people actually read them anyway?

To put it another way, between them Plaid and Labour didn't win the seats that they did based on their transport policy.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:24 - Sep 28 with 642 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 10:09 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

There's a lot there that's technically true, but it's being a bit disingenuous to suggest that either party made it a major part of their manifesto. Labour gave about two lines to it if memory serves, and let's be honest, how many people actually read them anyway?

To put it another way, between them Plaid and Labour didn't win the seats that they did based on their transport policy.

Labour made 12 promises to the people of Wales reagrding transport. The speed limit was number 9. It's as prominent as any items regarding health and social care, although it isn't as headline grabbing.

They promised it and delivered it. You can't knock them for it.

Not reading manifestos is the fault of the people not the politicians, as is who they vote for. I just that everyone aggreived with this stupid system remember to get out and vote in May 2026.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Sep 28 with 616 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 08:32 - Sep 28 by Whiterockin

I'm glad that traffic is moving as freely as before the introduction of the 20mph law.

But there again leaving out opinion the facts as usual are different.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/27/welsh-20mph-makes-buses-late-arriva-

I wasn’t giving my opinion I was giving my personal experience.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:00 - Sep 28 with 604 viewsBarrySwan

The 20MPH punishments on 10:24 - Sep 28 by Scotia

Labour made 12 promises to the people of Wales reagrding transport. The speed limit was number 9. It's as prominent as any items regarding health and social care, although it isn't as headline grabbing.

Not reading manifestos is the fault of the people not the politicians, as is who they vote for. I just that everyone aggreived with this stupid system remember to get out and vote in May 2026.

Talking of promising and delivering, the Labour Party have been promising an effective efficient adequate Health Service for 20 odd years and at election after election.

So presumably its Okey Dokey to deliver some manifesto promises but not others then?
The 20MPH punishments on 12:10 - Sep 28 with 588 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Sep 28 by lifelong

I wasn’t giving my opinion I was giving my personal experience.

My personal experience some what differs so who's right

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 566 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:10 - Sep 28 by Boundy

My personal experience some what differs so who's right

You both are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 13:34 - Sep 28 with 565 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:24 - Sep 28 by Scotia

Who actually ever gets to see any party's manifesto. You are lucky if you get a smaller flyer posted in your door outlining a few of their major plans which they think will please the voters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024