Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97741 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:40 - Sep 28 with 1188 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:32 - Sep 28 by Whiterockin

I'm glad that traffic is moving as freely as before the introduction of the 20mph law.

But there again leaving out opinion the facts as usual are different.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/27/welsh-20mph-makes-buses-late-arriva-

Wonder if you read the report from the main bus company on North Wales. It highlights that punctuality has fallen, journey times are longer. They are having to review all their timetables and have said they may have to cut the frequency of services and even axe some routes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:54 - Sep 28 with 1173 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 13:40 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

Wonder if you read the report from the main bus company on North Wales. It highlights that punctuality has fallen, journey times are longer. They are having to review all their timetables and have said they may have to cut the frequency of services and even axe some routes.

Good ,Jack with finding any bus in north Wales

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 14:50 - Sep 28 with 1154 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 13:34 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

Who actually ever gets to see any party's manifesto. You are lucky if you get a smaller flyer posted in your door outlining a few of their major plans which they think will please the voters.

Most people haven't got a clue what they are voting for. Which is why the system needs to change.

If it takes 3 and half years of driving at 20 mph to make it happen I'll suck it up.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:56 - Sep 28 with 1151 viewsjohnlangy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:09 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

There's a lot there that's technically true, but it's being a bit disingenuous to suggest that either party made it a major part of their manifesto. Labour gave about two lines to it if memory serves, and let's be honest, how many people actually read them anyway?

To put it another way, between them Plaid and Labour didn't win the seats that they did based on their transport policy.

'To put it another way, between them Plaid and Labour didn't win the seats that they did based on their transport policy.'

I don't disagree. But it was a manifesto pledge that they kept to. You say disingenuous suggesting it was a major part of their manifesto. But I didn't say that. I just pointed it out that it was part of their manifesto.

And I also agree that most people don't read party manifestos so they wouldn't have known about the pledge. Perhaps what's happened is a good thing if more people do actually read the manifestos before voting.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:07 - Sep 28 with 1144 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 14:56 - Sep 28 by johnlangy

'To put it another way, between them Plaid and Labour didn't win the seats that they did based on their transport policy.'

I don't disagree. But it was a manifesto pledge that they kept to. You say disingenuous suggesting it was a major part of their manifesto. But I didn't say that. I just pointed it out that it was part of their manifesto.

And I also agree that most people don't read party manifestos so they wouldn't have known about the pledge. Perhaps what's happened is a good thing if more people do actually read the manifestos before voting.

Absolutely.

This entire debate is stupid. It's petulant whinging.

I didn't vote Plaid or Labour and I don't like the speed limit. Average would state that 220000 peole who have signed the pertition didn't vote at the last election, if they had the result would quite possible have been different and we may not have a 20 mph limit.

That's democracy for you.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:25 - Sep 28 with 1132 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 15:07 - Sep 28 by Scotia

Absolutely.

I didn't vote Plaid or Labour and I don't like the speed limit. Average would state that 220000 peole who have signed the pertition didn't vote at the last election, if they had the result would quite possible have been different and we may not have a 20 mph limit.

I sympathise with your general line of argument about the need to vote in line with the content of party manifestos, but isn't it a bit of a stretch to say that subsequent debate is "stupid"? If enough people are unhappy with how a policy has panned out doesn't it make sense to communicate their views? After all, and leaving aside the 20 mph policy, it is common in public policy for there to be a yawning gap between policy plan and implementation outcome.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:01 - Sep 28 with 1108 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:07 - Sep 28 by Scotia

Absolutely.

Come on Scotia, it'simpossible to know how many of the petitioners didn't vote. Just as we cannot know who any of them voted for.

What matters is that 440k are up in arms about this and that hopefully you are right, this will trigger more people to vote in the next elections, lets hope they read the manifesto's though.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:47 - Sep 29 with 1036 viewsSullutaCreturned

Now then, I bet they were ignoring the new speed limit!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-badly-injured-car-hits-2780683
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 17:39 - Sep 29 with 997 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:47 - Sep 29 by SullutaCreturned

Now then, I bet they were ignoring the new speed limit!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-badly-injured-car-hits-2780683

Probably ignoring the old limit as well.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:46 - Sep 29 with 992 viewsBillyChong

The 20MPH punishments on 13:34 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

Who actually ever gets to see any party's manifesto. You are lucky if you get a smaller flyer posted in your door outlining a few of their major plans which they think will please the voters.

Full manifestos are online, found via simple Google search. Maybe search for the Tory one and realise how many lies they spout.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:28 - Sep 29 with 933 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:46 - Sep 29 by BillyChong

Full manifestos are online, found via simple Google search. Maybe search for the Tory one and realise how many lies they spout.

I doubt more than 1% of the voting population look at the full manifesto. Labour, Conservative?, Liberals and PC just hope you won't read them.

The 20MPH punishments on 15:32 - Sep 30 with 859 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yes, they are easy to find BUT very few bother. far too many will vote the same way for decades without ever thinking about it.

They're as bad and as responsible for the state of the country as those who never vote.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:34 - Sep 30 with 854 viewsonehunglow

I can recall Labour ones from Honest Harold Wilson from the 60s.
Comedic and lies

The 20MPH punishments on 17:41 - Sep 30 with 815 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mass protest on the roads in Wales today. Cars driving in convey at 30mph on major roads including M4, A483 and A55.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:57 - Sep 30 with 795 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 17:41 - Sep 30 by felixstowe_jack

Mass protest on the roads in Wales today. Cars driving in convey at 30mph on major roads including M4, A483 and A55.

You’re lucky to do 30mph on parts of the 483

The 20MPH punishments on 17:59 - Sep 30 with 789 viewsGwyn737

The 20MPH punishments on 17:41 - Sep 30 by felixstowe_jack

I wonder how many of those breaking the law today were furious about the just stop oil protests?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:49 - Sep 30 with 763 viewsKilkennyjack

Nobody turned up. 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 18:57 - Sep 30 with 758 viewsDr_Winston

If Will Hayward claimed that only 30-40 cars turned up then it was probably closer to ten times that. There's perhaps not a "journalist" (and I use the word in the lightest possible term) as beholden to a politician anywhere in the UK as he is to Drakeford.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 19:47 - Sep 30 with 742 viewslifelong

Still not experiencing much difference, it’s noticeable that more drivers seem to be complying with the new regulations which is a good thing regarding road safety.
You still get the odd idiot fast to your rear end but you will always have that no matter what the speed limit.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 739 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:47 - Sep 30 by lifelong

Still not experiencing much difference, it’s noticeable that more drivers seem to be complying with the new regulations which is a good thing regarding road safety.
You still get the odd idiot fast to your rear end but you will always have that no matter what the speed limit.

Indeed mS any trip down a motorway will show.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Sep 30 with 710 viewsbuilthjack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:47 - Sep 30 by lifelong

I have noticed that most are doing 24-28mph now. Previously they would do 34-38 in a 30mph.
It’s what people do.
Safer through towns and villages at 24-28., rather tha 34-38.
A few stick to 20 but not many.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:17 - Sep 30 with 707 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 18:49 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody turned up. 🤷‍♂️

I passed them by Margam. There were nowhere near 30 cars, more like 15.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:31 - Sep 30 with 700 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 16:01 - Sep 28 by SullutaCreturned

Come on Scotia, it'simpossible to know how many of the petitioners didn't vote. Just as we cannot know who any of them voted for.

What matters is that 440k are up in arms about this and that hopefully you are right, this will trigger more people to vote in the next elections, lets hope they read the manifesto's though.

You're right, we have no idea who voted and who didn't. But on the basis of probability about half of them didn't vote. If those 220000 people had voted (and not for Labour or Plaid, unless they wanted to) we may well not be having this conversation. Unless of course most of those lived in a "safe" party constituency which is another issue altogether

I just think this debate making us look bit stupid as an electorate, I'm not really surprised because we are.

I honestly don't know of another country that's elected a government with a pledge in their manifesto and then protest and moan when they actually deliver on it.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:40 - Sep 30 with 696 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:31 - Sep 30 by Scotia

You're right, we have no idea who voted and who didn't. But on the basis of probability about half of them didn't vote. If those 220000 people had voted (and not for Labour or Plaid, unless they wanted to) we may well not be having this conversation. Unless of course most of those lived in a "safe" party constituency which is another issue altogether

I just think this debate making us look bit stupid as an electorate, I'm not really surprised because we are.

I honestly don't know of another country that's elected a government with a pledge in their manifesto and then protest and moan when they actually deliver on it.

Votes making electorates look stupid….mmmm ….. ?

Well ….. Wales will never match tbe stupidity of Englands Brexit.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 21:48 - Sep 30 with 682 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:40 - Sep 30 by Kilkennyjack

Votes making electorates look stupid….mmmm ….. ?

Well ….. Wales will never match tbe stupidity of Englands Brexit.

Except of course that it did. Are you in total denial? Or have I missed some irony?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024