Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97714 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:32 - Oct 10 with 1237 viewsonehunglow

Posters still not seeing the big picture

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 19:43 - Oct 10 with 1234 viewsDr_Winston

Most people still not understanding that this has absolutely nothing to do with road safety. That is simply the excuse that they're using that the most gullible people will lap up.

This is about forcing car drivers off the road. It's the first step of many. One which if allowed to stand will result in the rest of them being taken.

The information regarding what this is really about is freely available, and it's not on a conspiracy theorists website. It can be found in the official policy documents of the Welsh Government and other organisations such as Sustrans. They're not trying to hide it. They're just making the (not entirely unreasonable) assumption that most people can't be bothered to look.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 20:20 - Oct 10 with 1197 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 19:43 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

Most people still not understanding that this has absolutely nothing to do with road safety. That is simply the excuse that they're using that the most gullible people will lap up.

This is about forcing car drivers off the road. It's the first step of many. One which if allowed to stand will result in the rest of them being taken.

The information regarding what this is really about is freely available, and it's not on a conspiracy theorists website. It can be found in the official policy documents of the Welsh Government and other organisations such as Sustrans. They're not trying to hide it. They're just making the (not entirely unreasonable) assumption that most people can't be bothered to look.

And of course forcing cars off the road will mean that the Welsh economy is going to be drastically hit along with people's lives, because the alternative(s) of direct bus services to certain destinations do not run at all in many places.... In other area's bus service times are limited and of 2 hourly intervals from one bus arrival/departure to the next.

That means someone's already long day could end up many hours longer having to add extra hours to cater for 2 hourly waits and to catch more than one bus to get to a location e.g. having to travel many miles in a completey different direction to the Quadrant to catch a bus to go elsewhere, because there is no direct bus service.

I recently watched Welsh news reporting the loss of a direct bus service to Neath.

That's the absolute Insanity of it all i.e. there are no available alternatives to cars in many area's! And the yokels want to take cars off the road. Beggars belief!!!!

And who can afford to pay for train fares, or even get to the nearest train station which is miles away.

It's blatant sabotage of Wales by a bunch of ruinous yokels who are obvioulsy on a mission to impoverish Wales whether that be via tourism taxes, refusal to build road infrastruture, 20mph spped limits etc. It's a case of "keep Wales poor keep em voting for us".

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 1185 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'm already in the same camp as you, doc. post the link anyway, lets see the evidence.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 10 with 1177 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 20:20 - Oct 10 by Wingstandwood

And of course forcing cars off the road will mean that the Welsh economy is going to be drastically hit along with people's lives, because the alternative(s) of direct bus services to certain destinations do not run at all in many places.... In other area's bus service times are limited and of 2 hourly intervals from one bus arrival/departure to the next.

That means someone's already long day could end up many hours longer having to add extra hours to cater for 2 hourly waits and to catch more than one bus to get to a location e.g. having to travel many miles in a completey different direction to the Quadrant to catch a bus to go elsewhere, because there is no direct bus service.

I recently watched Welsh news reporting the loss of a direct bus service to Neath.

That's the absolute Insanity of it all i.e. there are no available alternatives to cars in many area's! And the yokels want to take cars off the road. Beggars belief!!!!

And who can afford to pay for train fares, or even get to the nearest train station which is miles away.

It's blatant sabotage of Wales by a bunch of ruinous yokels who are obvioulsy on a mission to impoverish Wales whether that be via tourism taxes, refusal to build road infrastruture, 20mph spped limits etc. It's a case of "keep Wales poor keep em voting for us".

If I wanted to travel to Mrs. Winston's house (which is four miles away) via public transport, I would have to catch a bus into town, making sure I got there in time to change to one of the three buses a day that passes through her village. Otherwise I'm looking at a two hour wait. I would then spend more than an hour on that bus heading mostly back along the same direction that I travelled in the first place before being dropped off a five minute walk from her house.

Or I can jump in the car and be there in less than ten minutes.

You're spot on. This is being driven by environmental zealots who couldn't give two sh*ts how badly they're inconveniencing people or damaging the economy. Indeed, damaging the economy is probably considered an additional bonus by these loonies.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 20:40]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 1154 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 20:25 - Oct 10 by SullutaCreturned

I'm already in the same camp as you, doc. post the link anyway, lets see the evidence.

I suggest that people start with Priority Three of the Wales Transport Strategy 2021 and work from there.

https://www.gov.wales/llwybr-newydd-wales-transport-strategy-2021-html#65092

The 20MPH punishments on 20:50 - Oct 10 with 1142 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

If I wanted to travel to Mrs. Winston's house (which is four miles away) via public transport, I would have to catch a bus into town, making sure I got there in time to change to one of the three buses a day that passes through her village. Otherwise I'm looking at a two hour wait. I would then spend more than an hour on that bus heading mostly back along the same direction that I travelled in the first place before being dropped off a five minute walk from her house.

You're spot on. This is being driven by environmental zealots who couldn't give two sh*ts how badly they're inconveniencing people or damaging the economy. Indeed, damaging the economy is probably considered an additional bonus by these loonies.

Thanks for backing up my post, because it truly shows what the 'real world' is to any apologists who will vote for, excuse or support the destruction of Wales's economy/future by those vandals residing in Cardiff Bay.

Like you mentioned previously a vote for devolution was/is "civic suicide".

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 21:01 - Oct 10 with 1117 viewsGwyn737

I’d add that if we want to talk about a war on motorists then car insurers shouldn’t be getting off scott free.

The recent increase in premiums is scandalous.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 21:25 - Oct 10 with 1083 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:01 - Oct 10 by Gwyn737

I’d add that if we want to talk about a war on motorists then car insurers shouldn’t be getting off scott free.

The recent increase in premiums is scandalous.

As insurance companies calculate premiums on accidents and postcodes, surely our premiums in Wales will come tumbling down under Drakefords "safe roads" policies.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:37 - Oct 10 with 1058 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:25 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

As insurance companies calculate premiums on accidents and postcodes, surely our premiums in Wales will come tumbling down under Drakefords "safe roads" policies.

Yeah. Of course it will!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 21:38 - Oct 10 with 1051 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:37 - Oct 10 by union_jack

Yeah. Of course it will!

The 20MPH punishments on 22:01 - Oct 10 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

You can always cycle there

The 20MPH punishments on 07:01 - Oct 11 with 928 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 22:01 - Oct 10 by onehunglow

You can always cycle there

In the rain? If there's stuff I need to take over? If I'm needed at short notice (which has happened a lot in recent months)?

I could cycle there. I can, and have, walked there, but why should I just because the Welsh Govt has handed its transport policy over to fanatics?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 7:02]

The 20MPH punishments on 09:09 - Oct 11 with 864 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 07:01 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

In the rain? If there's stuff I need to take over? If I'm needed at short notice (which has happened a lot in recent months)?

I could cycle there. I can, and have, walked there, but why should I just because the Welsh Govt has handed its transport policy over to fanatics?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 7:02]

Get the right gear ,Boog. Waterproof gear is top stuff now and fits well under Lycra

The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 11 with 851 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 09:09 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

Get the right gear ,Boog. Waterproof gear is top stuff now and fits well under Lycra

Or I can just jump in my cozy, warm dry car and be there in less than ten minutes.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:08 - Oct 11 with 850 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 10:04 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

Or I can just jump in my cozy, warm dry car and be there in less than ten minutes.

It’s all about the journey though .
You’re on a hot steak of late and I ain’t spoiling it .

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Oct 11 with 829 viewslifelong

Try having a read of the policy of other nations regarding reducing motor vehicle use over the coming years and you will find that many of them are similar to that of Wales.

For you to say that the 20mph has nothing to do with road safety is complete and utter bollox. The big mistake that the Welsh government has done is to say that, initially, drivers caught exceeding the limit will not be prosecuted.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Oct 11 with 814 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Oct 11 by lifelong

Try having a read of the policy of other nations regarding reducing motor vehicle use over the coming years and you will find that many of them are similar to that of Wales.

For you to say that the 20mph has nothing to do with road safety is complete and utter bollox. The big mistake that the Welsh government has done is to say that, initially, drivers caught exceeding the limit will not be prosecuted.

Plus the Welsh government have passed the buck onto local councils. Now allowing them to revert back to 30mph and only overruling if there is a glaringly obvious breach of the guidelines they have now put forward. It really looks as if the petition has worked.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 11:37]
The 20MPH punishments on 12:14 - Oct 11 with 804 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Oct 11 by lifelong

Because they say so doesn't make it so, any one who can read,understand observe and think for them selves can and do understand which way this country is heading yet again I'll state that Wales is a experiment in social engineering

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - Oct 11 with 713 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:33 - Oct 11 with 667 viewslifelong

Good to see that disgusting comment has been deleted.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:35 - Oct 11 with 667 viewspencoedjack

Any reason for the removal of a factual post?

The leader of Welsh labour is the father of a convicted rapist.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/mark-drakeford-son-jonathan-jay-27

Hard to believe nobody believes he’s scruffy.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:40 - Oct 11 with 659 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:33 - Oct 11 by lifelong

Good to see that disgusting comment has been deleted.

Are you ashamed that the leader of Welsh labour (who I am pretty convinced you voted to elect) is the father of a convicted rapist?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:40 - Oct 11 with 658 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:35 - Oct 11 by pencoedjack

Any reason for the removal of a factual post?

The leader of Welsh labour is the father of a convicted rapist.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/mark-drakeford-son-jonathan-jay-27

Hard to believe nobody believes he’s scruffy.

What did you mean people like lifelong?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - Oct 11 with 658 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - Oct 11 by Whiterockin

Drakeford is the worst political leader in my and no doubt many others memories! It's staggering how many within his own party members have remined silent.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024