Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97710 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 1452 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:40 - Oct 11 by lifelong

What did you mean people like lifelong?

People who see no wrong in WL running of Wales.

Anyway I really do not wish to reply to you.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:52 - Oct 11 with 1438 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:45 - Oct 11 by pencoedjack

People who see no wrong in WL running of Wales.

Anyway I really do not wish to reply to you.

You simply don’t like it that I have a different view to yourself about one policy of the Welsh government, a government, incidentally, I have never voted for.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:56 - Oct 11 with 1434 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:52 - Oct 11 by lifelong

You simply don’t like it that I have a different view to yourself about one policy of the Welsh government, a government, incidentally, I have never voted for.

In fairness, some of your posts hardly suggest you can countenance anyone not seeing things as you do.
You find it hard to take that people see many many faults in Wales and are saying so.
That is not slagging off Wales

Play tidy ,put ov3 your point and chew the cud

I’ve given my opinion on exactly what is the main cause of fatal accidents .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 11:32 - Oct 12 with 1323 viewspencoedjack

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-10-11/20mph-response-times-will-be-affected-

Presume the same goes for ambulance workers
The 20MPH punishments on 14:39 - Oct 12 with 1283 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 11:32 - Oct 12 by pencoedjack

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-10-11/20mph-response-times-will-be-affected-

Presume the same goes for ambulance workers

I'm against the default 20mph, but I wasn't sure about this. My reading is that ambulance crews work a full shift. At least one wagon/crew will be waiting at the base for emergency calls. in the course of which the ambulance is allowed to exceed the speed limit. On the other hand, fire service crews in some areas are part-time and will have to drive to the fire station in the event of an emergency. They cannot exceed the speed limit in a private car. Could be wrong though.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 16:56]
The 20MPH punishments on 15:24 - Oct 12 with 1259 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 14:39 - Oct 12 by AnotherJohn

I'm against the default 20mph, but I wasn't sure about this. My reading is that ambulance crews work a full shift. At least one wagon/crew will be waiting at the base for emergency calls. in the course of which the ambulance is allowed to exceed the speed limit. On the other hand, fire service crews in some areas are part-time and will have to drive to the fire station in the event of an emergency. They cannot exceed the speed limit in a private car. Could be wrong though.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 16:56]

Locally it could also be a problem for the lifeboat crew.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:25 - Oct 12 with 1197 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 20:39 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

If I wanted to travel to Mrs. Winston's house (which is four miles away) via public transport, I would have to catch a bus into town, making sure I got there in time to change to one of the three buses a day that passes through her village. Otherwise I'm looking at a two hour wait. I would then spend more than an hour on that bus heading mostly back along the same direction that I travelled in the first place before being dropped off a five minute walk from her house.

Or I can jump in the car and be there in less than ten minutes.

You're spot on. This is being driven by environmental zealots who couldn't give two sh*ts how badly they're inconveniencing people or damaging the economy. Indeed, damaging the economy is probably considered an additional bonus by these loonies.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 20:40]

Them Welsh Government yokels again and again and again!

Quote: "A county council has been criticised after spending £2.7m on a bus hub with no buses.

The Vale of Glamorgan Council in South Wales spent the money on the public transport interchange with funding from the Cardiff Capital Region and the Welsh government."

https://news.sky.com/story/vale-of-glamorgan-council-spends-2-7m-on-bus-hub-with

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Oct 17 with 1053 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:25 - Oct 12 by Wingstandwood

Quote: "A county council has been criticised after spending £2.7m on a bus hub with no buses.

The Vale of Glamorgan Council in South Wales spent the money on the public transport interchange with funding from the Cardiff Capital Region and the Welsh government."

https://news.sky.com/story/vale-of-glamorgan-council-spends-2-7m-on-bus-hub-with

That's the Vale of Glamorgan council , not the Welsh govt
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 13:31 - Oct 17 with 1029 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

Who funded this?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 1017 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

QUOTE:

"The Vale of Glamorgan Council in South Wales spent the money on the public transport interchange with funding from the Cardiff Capital Region and the Welsh government".

Ever heard of due dilligence and oversight?

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 14:17 - Oct 17 with 1012 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 14:05 - Oct 17 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE:

"The Vale of Glamorgan Council in South Wales spent the money on the public transport interchange with funding from the Cardiff Capital Region and the Welsh government".

Ever heard of due dilligence and oversight?

If your so called betters don't then I'd hazard a guess and say neither does CJ

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 963 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:31 - Oct 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Who funded this?

Council tax payers
The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Oct 17 with 955 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 18:03 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

Council tax payers

It was the Welsh Government and Westminster via Cardiff City deal.

I don't think this is much more than a cock up by Vale local authority. Just goes to show that our politiicans are pretty useless at whatever level you find them.

Probably find simialr examples elsewhere in Wales.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:05 - Oct 17 with 913 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Oct 17 by Scotia

It was the Welsh Government and Westminster via Cardiff City deal.

I don't think this is much more than a cock up by Vale local authority. Just goes to show that our politiicans are pretty useless at whatever level you find them.

Probably find simialr examples elsewhere in Wales.

Yes, we will find similar everywhere, but some on here are very selective with their examples
The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Oct 17 with 889 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 19:25 - Oct 12 by Wingstandwood

It seems pointless mentioning yet more millions wasted with the help of the Senedd because someone will be along to remind us Westminster has wasted much more, as if that eccuses what the Senedd botch up far too often.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Oct 17 with 887 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Oct 17 by SullutaCreturned

It seems pointless mentioning yet more millions wasted with the help of the Senedd because someone will be along to remind us Westminster has wasted much more, as if that eccuses what the Senedd botch up far too often.

It shows the Welsh govt is not as wasteful or incompetent as Westminster
The 20MPH punishments on 21:46 - Oct 17 with 856 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

That's because Drakeford hasn't got as much money as Westminster, if he did, then I'm sure he would think of more barmy ways to waste money.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 22:25 - Oct 17 with 829 viewsmajorraglan

I don’t think the Welsh or Westminster Governments can be blamed for this. In my opinion, this sits with the Gale of Glamorgan council.
While the WG and Westminster hold the purse strings their decisions will have been based on a business case(s) prepared by local authority staff, consultants etc and subsequently approved by politicians in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:19 - Oct 17 with 818 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:46 - Oct 17 by Flashberryjack

That's because Drakeford hasn't got as much money as Westminster, if he did, then I'm sure he would think of more barmy ways to waste money.

That’s just pure speculation
The 20MPH punishments on 06:00 - Oct 18 with 781 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 23:19 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

That’s just pure speculation

But fairly accurate.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:32 - Oct 18 with 720 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 06:00 - Oct 18 by Whiterockin

But fairly accurate.

How do you know that if it hasn't happened
The 20MPH punishments on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 691 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 22:25 - Oct 17 by majorraglan

I don’t think the Welsh or Westminster Governments can be blamed for this. In my opinion, this sits with the Gale of Glamorgan council.
While the WG and Westminster hold the purse strings their decisions will have been based on a business case(s) prepared by local authority staff, consultants etc and subsequently approved by politicians in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Yep - not vastly different to the Swansea Bendy bus / Kingsway one way scheme in Swansea.

The coucvil submitted a business case and didn't deliver.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:59 - Oct 18 with 690 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

Correct. That could be interpreted as them both being useless, but one marginlally more useless than the other.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:10 - Oct 18 with 688 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-67145114

Makes no sense unless the metro from central Cardiff to the bay comes under TFW.

Another slap in the face of those not living in Cardiff.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:05 - Oct 18 with 645 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:10 - Oct 18 by pencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-67145114

Makes no sense unless the metro from central Cardiff to the bay comes under TFW.

Another slap in the face of those not living in Cardiff.

Another failure for the Welsh government when they took over TFW the promised that 95% of the trains journeys would be on modern new train by 2023. They figure achieved are 33% no wonder ticket sales and revenues have fallen

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024