Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97613 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:26 - Oct 24 with 1807 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:46 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Not forgetting actually teaching people to drive not somply to pass a rudementary test
A car is a man's phallic accessory
Fact

If you think the shape of my car any resembles a penis then I dread to think what mucky films you've been watching

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 19:41 - Oct 24 with 1796 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:26 - Oct 24 by Boundy

If you think the shape of my car any resembles a penis then I dread to think what mucky films you've been watching

Accessory
Accessory ,mun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 21:44 - Oct 24 with 1767 viewsmajorraglan

I drove through a place called Cynheidre today, there’s a 20mph limit for 80 odd yards and about 6 houses, it’s mental.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:59 - Oct 24 with 1737 viewsDJack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:26 - Oct 24 by Boundy

How is your old Trabant?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The 20MPH punishments on 09:42 - Oct 25 with 1687 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 23:59 - Oct 24 by DJack

How is your old Trabant?

In the foyer of the old Stasi HQ is a Trabi that was used to interrogate people.
Not as delicate as one thought

The 20MPH punishments on 16:46 - Oct 25 with 1650 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 21:44 - Oct 24 by majorraglan

I drove through a place called Cynheidre today, there’s a 20mph limit for 80 odd yards and about 6 houses, it’s mental.

Travel from Pontardawe to Coelbren and its 30 for the whoe drive hut there are sevrral villages, pavements both sides and street lights, there's a school too, nearby.

Why is that exempted when it seems to fit all the rules for being 20?

There doesn't seem to be any logic or consistency to these decisions.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:30 - Oct 25 with 1634 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:46 - Oct 25 by SullutaCreturned

Travel from Pontardawe to Coelbren and its 30 for the whoe drive hut there are sevrral villages, pavements both sides and street lights, there's a school too, nearby.

Why is that exempted when it seems to fit all the rules for being 20?

There doesn't seem to be any logic or consistency to these decisions.

It's confusing in many areas, sometimes you travel in one direction it's 30mph on the way back its 20mph.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:14 - Oct 27 with 1514 viewsWingstandwood

And not too soon into the near future? "Ting! Ting! Ting!" will the speeding ticket revenue-raising till go! And that is why the (former policeman) Welsh magistrate resigned.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-67208537

QUOTE: "We asked for clarification from the Welsh Government and GoSafe about what enforcement had already been carried out and what was to come. The Welsh Government said: "Since the national rollout GoSafe has continued to enforce the original 20mph sites. GoSafe will BEGIN SELECTING NEW SITES (locations) for speed van and other enforcement (roads that were 30mph and are now 20mph) once the new speed limit has been in place for three months."

Aye, driving around continually looking at the speed dial is going to be some enjoyable expereince.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/enforcement-20mph-law-set-begin-2798

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 11:45 - Oct 28 with 1430 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:14 - Oct 27 by Wingstandwood

And not too soon into the near future? "Ting! Ting! Ting!" will the speeding ticket revenue-raising till go! And that is why the (former policeman) Welsh magistrate resigned.

QUOTE: "We asked for clarification from the Welsh Government and GoSafe about what enforcement had already been carried out and what was to come. The Welsh Government said: "Since the national rollout GoSafe has continued to enforce the original 20mph sites. GoSafe will BEGIN SELECTING NEW SITES (locations) for speed van and other enforcement (roads that were 30mph and are now 20mph) once the new speed limit has been in place for three months."

Aye, driving around continually looking at the speed dial is going to be some enjoyable expereince.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/enforcement-20mph-law-set-begin-2798

How do you manage when in a 30 or 70 mph zone, don’t you check your speedo?
The 20MPH punishments on 12:54 - Oct 28 with 1406 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:14 - Oct 27 by Wingstandwood

I've been driving electric cars and vans in work, I found keepingto spped limits even harder because there's no engine noise. At least in a petrol car you can hear the engine noise rising as you accelerate. The electrics are so quiet AND blooming quick with it.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:09 - Oct 28 with 1397 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 12:54 - Oct 28 by SullutaCreturned

I've been driving electric cars and vans in work, I found keepingto spped limits even harder because there's no engine noise. At least in a petrol car you can hear the engine noise rising as you accelerate. The electrics are so quiet AND blooming quick with it.

I have every sympathy for 40+ hours a week on the road working drivers that can easily end up losing their licence and job by going over the limit.

I spoke to a taxi driver a few years back who was just one speeding ticket away from a ban, and he was not in anyway what I would consider to be a "boy racer" from my experince as a passenger of his.

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 1360 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:54 - Oct 28 by SullutaCreturned

Most EV has a speed limiter button set to 24mph and you will be fine . Currently the Welsh Government has 20mph plus 10% and a margin of 4mph. You can do 26pmh at the moment.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:58 - Oct 28 with 1325 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:53 - Oct 28 by felixstowe_jack

Most EV has a speed limiter button set to 24mph and you will be fine . Currently the Welsh Government has 20mph plus 10% and a margin of 4mph. You can do 26pmh at the moment.

There are speed limiters but unless I plan on doing 24mph everywhere then it's impossible because I'm not pulling over and changing it every time the speed changes, coming from Pontardawe over to the Neath the speed limit changes 7 times in 3 miles.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:59 - Oct 30 with 1229 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:58 - Oct 28 by SullutaCreturned

There are speed limiters but unless I plan on doing 24mph everywhere then it's impossible because I'm not pulling over and changing it every time the speed changes, coming from Pontardawe over to the Neath the speed limit changes 7 times in 3 miles.

It is very easy to increase or decrease speed limiters on modern cars just click on a button on steering wheel. It is easier than changing a station on your car radio.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 07:18 - Nov 1 with 1153 viewsTogg

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-10-30/im-not-doing-anybodys-dirty-work-for-t
The 20MPH punishments on 09:27 - Nov 1 with 1117 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 07:18 - Nov 1 by Togg

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-10-30/im-not-doing-anybodys-dirty-work-for-t

Personal qualities of a magistrate.
You need to show you’ve got the right personal qualities, for example that you are:

aware of social issues
mature, understand people and have a sense of fairness
reliable and committed to serving the community
You also need to be able to:

understand documents, follow evidence and communicate effectively
think logically, weigh up arguments and reach a fair decision

Possibly their opinion makes sense.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 1066 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:27 - Nov 1 by Whiterockin

Personal qualities of a magistrate.
You need to show you’ve got the right personal qualities, for example that you are:

aware of social issues
mature, understand people and have a sense of fairness
reliable and committed to serving the community
You also need to be able to:

understand documents, follow evidence and communicate effectively
think logically, weigh up arguments and reach a fair decision

Possibly their opinion makes sense.

Magistrate courts are the weak link in our justice system. They are basically police courts and revenue gathering institutions. There must be a better system that this
The 20MPH punishments on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 1016 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 08:59 - Oct 30 by felixstowe_jack

It is very easy to increase or decrease speed limiters on modern cars just click on a button on steering wheel. It is easier than changing a station on your car radio.

Yeah, I'm not allowed to use a mobile phone because it's dangerous but I can look away to check Im setting the right speed? How is that safe, specially when you'd need to change the speed every coupe of hundred yards?
And what if I got the speed wrong? Would the police and my company be understanding? Would they understand if I had an accident because I wasn't driving with due care and attention because I was changing the limiter?

I think the technology exists to have wifi limiters in all vehicles which would prevent cars from ever speeding but they will never be a lega requirement in ew cars because the government would lose so much income. That this measure would also likely save lives doesn't matter either.
Imagine being on the motorway when the weather turns really bad, the warning signs say the speed is reduced to 50 then 40 then 30 and EVERY car automatically slowed down. No more idiots hurtling past you at 80 or more in low visibility, it'll never happen!
The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 20:14 - Nov 1 with 991 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 18:52 - Nov 1 by SullutaCreturned

Yeah, I'm not allowed to use a mobile phone because it's dangerous but I can look away to check Im setting the right speed? How is that safe, specially when you'd need to change the speed every coupe of hundred yards?
And what if I got the speed wrong? Would the police and my company be understanding? Would they understand if I had an accident because I wasn't driving with due care and attention because I was changing the limiter?

I think the technology exists to have wifi limiters in all vehicles which would prevent cars from ever speeding but they will never be a lega requirement in ew cars because the government would lose so much income. That this measure would also likely save lives doesn't matter either.
Imagine being on the motorway when the weather turns really bad, the warning signs say the speed is reduced to 50 then 40 then 30 and EVERY car automatically slowed down. No more idiots hurtling past you at 80 or more in low visibility, it'll never happen!

Regarding speed limiters , I belive since 2022 its been a legal requirement to have them fitted in cars for the European market.Not owning a new car I couldn't comment on their usefulness or whatever else they may do all in the name of removing freedom of choice

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 20:31 - Nov 1 with 971 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 20:14 - Nov 1 by Boundy

Regarding speed limiters , I belive since 2022 its been a legal requirement to have them fitted in cars for the European market.Not owning a new car I couldn't comment on their usefulness or whatever else they may do all in the name of removing freedom of choice

This all ties in to the debate about what is a "safe" speed.

20mph outside a school between 8am and 4pm on a weekday makes perfect sense. 20mph outside a school at 5pm on a Sunday does not. 50mph on a motorway in poor weather conditions makes sense. 70mph on a motorway at 11pm again makes no sense.

Variable speed limits are the only sensible way to go about it, unless you're the same kind of basically Communist but too aware of the connotations to admit it fanatic as Lee Waters then any speed in a privately owned vehicle is too fast regardless of how it is powered.

If the 50mph limit in Port Talbot is about emissions then why are Teslas expected to travel at the same speed?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 20:38]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 11:58 - Nov 2 with 900 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 20:31 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

This all ties in to the debate about what is a "safe" speed.

20mph outside a school between 8am and 4pm on a weekday makes perfect sense. 20mph outside a school at 5pm on a Sunday does not. 50mph on a motorway in poor weather conditions makes sense. 70mph on a motorway at 11pm again makes no sense.

Variable speed limits are the only sensible way to go about it, unless you're the same kind of basically Communist but too aware of the connotations to admit it fanatic as Lee Waters then any speed in a privately owned vehicle is too fast regardless of how it is powered.

If the 50mph limit in Port Talbot is about emissions then why are Teslas expected to travel at the same speed?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 20:38]

Well safe speeds aside, I have a bigger problem with drivers who aren't safe whatever speed they are doing.
Yesterday, yet again, I was cut up at a roundabout. The person in the left hand, left turn lane going straight across the middle forcing me into an emergency stop. Maybe I was lucky there was no one behind me?
Then, having picked my wife up from work,we headed back to the M4 only to see the car in the left lane go all the way around the big roundabout and head back towards Clase, no indicators used, they just slowed down to almost a stop on the roundabout and then cut across the traffic.
Worrying about the speeds travelled when there are so many dangerous drivers on the roads seems pointless because these dangerous drivers often drive both too fast AND too slow.
The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 12:00 - Nov 2 with 899 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 20:14 - Nov 1 by Boundy

freedom of choice? just like freedom of speech and democracy, freedom of choice is an illusion, we are told our choices, we only get to choose what they (governments) tell us we can choose.
The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 12:49 - Nov 2 with 874 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 11:58 - Nov 2 by SullutaCreturned

Well safe speeds aside, I have a bigger problem with drivers who aren't safe whatever speed they are doing.
Yesterday, yet again, I was cut up at a roundabout. The person in the left hand, left turn lane going straight across the middle forcing me into an emergency stop. Maybe I was lucky there was no one behind me?
Then, having picked my wife up from work,we headed back to the M4 only to see the car in the left lane go all the way around the big roundabout and head back towards Clase, no indicators used, they just slowed down to almost a stop on the roundabout and then cut across the traffic.
Worrying about the speeds travelled when there are so many dangerous drivers on the roads seems pointless because these dangerous drivers often drive both too fast AND too slow.

This comes back to my view which is the lack of ongoing training for drivers.
Just how many pass a rudimentary test then get a car which they can drive for years and years without even checking contemporary legislation.
Many drivers don’t even know most road signs and stopping distances .

Arrogance on four wheels . It’s as much about attitude and aptitude as speed.

Like Keith, I ve been employed to keep death drivers off the road which often meant doing motorway speeds through 30 mph limits . albeit with blues and two ,it’s incredibly energy sapping as the concentration levels required as such that it keeps you away from a criminal prosecution if things go tits up.

If you want to talk about concentration and anticipation and perception of hazards then I can tell you countless drivers don’t even know blue lights and horns are behind them
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 12:53]

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 18:44 - Nov 2 with 822 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 12:49 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

This comes back to my view which is the lack of ongoing training for drivers.
Just how many pass a rudimentary test then get a car which they can drive for years and years without even checking contemporary legislation.
Many drivers don’t even know most road signs and stopping distances .

Arrogance on four wheels . It’s as much about attitude and aptitude as speed.

Like Keith, I ve been employed to keep death drivers off the road which often meant doing motorway speeds through 30 mph limits . albeit with blues and two ,it’s incredibly energy sapping as the concentration levels required as such that it keeps you away from a criminal prosecution if things go tits up.

If you want to talk about concentration and anticipation and perception of hazards then I can tell you countless drivers don’t even know blue lights and horns are behind them
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 12:53]

Maybe there should be a mandatory refresher course after 5 years. Or maybe you can qualify to drive cars of a certain engine CC and size, if you want a bigger and/or more powerful vehiclle you need to do a course?

maybe that's the way to safety?
The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 23:09 - Nov 2 with 765 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments022 its been a legal requirement on 18:44 - Nov 2 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe there should be a mandatory refresher course after 5 years. Or maybe you can qualify to drive cars of a certain engine CC and size, if you want a bigger and/or more powerful vehiclle you need to do a course?

maybe that's the way to safety?

We have to do something
It's not just dickhead footballers driving Ferraris into walls
Any cursory look at the faces of drivers is enough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024