Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97699 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 1416 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:32 - Nov 7 by felixstowe_jack

Yes but Starmer no longer publicises it. I am sure Drakeford is still in contact with his Mentor Jeremy.

Drakeford is definitely in contact with his true mentor, Coco the clown.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Nov 7 with 1388 viewsshingle

Spoke to the MP who allegedly told you all this and he reckons he has never met you and you have made it all up are you ok.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Nov 8 with 1307 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:39 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

I can't imagine any Labour leader with designs on winning votes outside Wales being a fan of Drakeford.

This^
The 20MPH punishments on 17:51 - Nov 8 with 1244 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Nov 7 by shingle

Spoke to the MP who allegedly told you all this and he reckons he has never met you and you have made it all up are you ok.

What was his name?
The 20MPH punishments on 17:57 - Nov 8 with 1240 viewsshingle

The 20MPH punishments on 17:51 - Nov 8 by SullutaCreturned

What was his name?

He would not tell me.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:50 - Nov 9 with 1169 viewsTogg

You must obey the orders
https://nation.cymru/news/godfather-of-20mph-limits-says-senedd-petition-breaks-
The 20MPH punishments on 08:45 - Nov 9 with 1153 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 07:50 - Nov 9 by Togg

You must obey the orders
https://nation.cymru/news/godfather-of-20mph-limits-says-senedd-petition-breaks-

Often the comments add more value than the article as is the case with this.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:51 - Nov 9 with 1152 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 08:45 - Nov 9 by Whiterockin

Often the comments add more value than the article as is the case with this.

Yes I always enjoy reading the comments
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 10:56 - Nov 9 with 1113 viewscontroversial_jack

Do ppl actually know why we have speed limits?
The 20MPH punishments on 15:30 - Nov 9 with 1088 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:56 - Nov 9 by controversial_jack

Do ppl actually know why we have speed limits?

I am sure they do. The 30 mph limit was introduced in 1934 when the brakes on cars and stopping distance were pretty poor. Compulsory speedometers were not introduced until 1937. The 40 mph limit was introduced in 1958 to speech up traffic flow. The 60mph and 70mph were introduced in 1977 after a trial and have not changed since.

Road deaths peaked in 1941 at over 9,000, due to war time blackouts. It fell rapidly after the war before rising to a peacetime peak of 9,785 in 1966 due to vastly increased vehicle numbers . Since then it has fallen virtually every year as it now around 1700 a year. All this due to the better design of cars, motorway speed limits introduced permanently in 1967, improved road design. Back in 1966 motorways and dual carriageways did not even have central safety barriers unbelievably.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 15:41 - Nov 9 with 1086 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:57 - Nov 8 by shingle

He would not tell me.

What was the name of the MP Major talked to? I think you're making it up
The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - Nov 9 with 1057 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:30 - Nov 9 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure they do. The 30 mph limit was introduced in 1934 when the brakes on cars and stopping distance were pretty poor. Compulsory speedometers were not introduced until 1937. The 40 mph limit was introduced in 1958 to speech up traffic flow. The 60mph and 70mph were introduced in 1977 after a trial and have not changed since.

Road deaths peaked in 1941 at over 9,000, due to war time blackouts. It fell rapidly after the war before rising to a peacetime peak of 9,785 in 1966 due to vastly increased vehicle numbers . Since then it has fallen virtually every year as it now around 1700 a year. All this due to the better design of cars, motorway speed limits introduced permanently in 1967, improved road design. Back in 1966 motorways and dual carriageways did not even have central safety barriers unbelievably.

Apparently the urban speed limits are even lower in Spain and the Netherlands, and they have reduced accidents there
The 20MPH punishments on 20:59 - Nov 9 with 1029 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:52 - Nov 9 by controversial_jack

Apparently the urban speed limits are even lower in Spain and the Netherlands, and they have reduced accidents there

Are the speed limits on as many roads or just where they really are needed? Were they implemented properly not in the half assed way the Senedd has done it?

I still wonder why EVERY motorist has to slwo down when the accident s are caused by the idiots who still drive too fast and those very bad drivers that still do stupid things. You can be under the speed limit but when your driving is chaotic, when you cause other people to do an emergency stop because you can't stay in your lane ( as happened to me at a roundabout 2 days ago) then surely we need more cameras and more police to catch these dangers to life.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:08 - Nov 9 with 1017 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:59 - Nov 9 by SullutaCreturned

Are the speed limits on as many roads or just where they really are needed? Were they implemented properly not in the half assed way the Senedd has done it?

I still wonder why EVERY motorist has to slwo down when the accident s are caused by the idiots who still drive too fast and those very bad drivers that still do stupid things. You can be under the speed limit but when your driving is chaotic, when you cause other people to do an emergency stop because you can't stay in your lane ( as happened to me at a roundabout 2 days ago) then surely we need more cameras and more police to catch these dangers to life.

Ones that actually work would be a start.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/call-hundreds-illegal-speed-ca
The 20MPH punishments on 00:28 - Nov 10 with 958 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:59 - Nov 9 by SullutaCreturned

In urban areas is all i know.

If you were cut up on a roundabout, you should have been going slowly enough not to have had a life threatening collision
The 20MPH punishments on 12:56 - Nov 10 with 902 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 00:28 - Nov 10 by controversial_jack

In urban areas is all i know.

If you were cut up on a roundabout, you should have been going slowly enough not to have had a life threatening collision

That will depend on the size, design, speed and angle of impact of the other vehicle. You don't need to be going fast yourself to have a serious accident.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 17:40 - Nov 10 with 842 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:56 - Nov 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

That will depend on the size, design, speed and angle of impact of the other vehicle. You don't need to be going fast yourself to have a serious accident.

Whip lash can occur at speeds as low as 5 to 10 mph,very painful which can last for weeks if not months

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 18:39 - Nov 10 with 822 viewsshingle

The 20MPH punishments on 07:50 - Nov 9 by Togg

You must obey the orders

Yes i watch them all crawling along at a snails pace and the words We must do as we are told and we must obey spring to mind no wonder the country is in such a mess when the masses allow themselves to be dictated to by an handful of idiots.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Nov 10 with 790 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:39 - Nov 10 by shingle

Yes i watch them all crawling along at a snails pace and the words We must do as we are told and we must obey spring to mind no wonder the country is in such a mess when the masses allow themselves to be dictated to by an handful of idiots.

That's democracy for you, we elect a small group of people to tell us what to do, and they do it.
You do understand how democracy works I take it?

Thing is, we also get a chance to remove them from power in a fixed term so lets hope enough registered voters have had enough.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:09 - Nov 11 with 738 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:39 - Nov 10 by shingle

Not sure where the dictatorship bit comes from. Democracy means, we often don't get what we want. there are many rules and laws that I don't agree with, but that's how it is.

I have no problem with 20mph in built up areas. 30 now seems to fast after doing 20. I try to stick to it as best i can, but an entitled few think speed limits don't apply to them
The 20MPH punishments on 11:20 - Nov 11 with 735 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:09 - Nov 11 by controversial_jack

Not sure where the dictatorship bit comes from. Democracy means, we often don't get what we want. there are many rules and laws that I don't agree with, but that's how it is.

I have no problem with 20mph in built up areas. 30 now seems to fast after doing 20. I try to stick to it as best i can, but an entitled few think speed limits don't apply to them

A dictatorship is where the Ruling party ignores the wish of the majority of voters
Over 465,000 voters signed the petition to recind the disastrous 20mph law.
A tiny 5,278 voters want to keep the law.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 11:22 - Nov 11 with 733 viewsraynor94

Head towards the Morfa from Town along the Neath road, which is now 20 mph, turns into 30 at the traffic lights approaching the roundabout, and then 40 approaching Foxhole road.

3 different speed limits within 100 yards, madness

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The 20MPH punishments on 12:15 - Nov 11 with 711 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:22 - Nov 11 by raynor94

Head towards the Morfa from Town along the Neath road, which is now 20 mph, turns into 30 at the traffic lights approaching the roundabout, and then 40 approaching Foxhole road.

So what? They are there for a reason, unless you think it doesn't apply to you. I don't agree with the 50mph on the P Talbot flyover, but it's there
The 20MPH punishments on 13:05 - Nov 11 with 686 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:22 - Nov 11 by raynor94

Top Labour MP says Welsh 20mph speed limit is "frankly bonkers".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67377048
The 20MPH punishments on 13:33 - Nov 11 with 666 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:20 - Nov 11 by felixstowe_jack

A dictatorship is where the Ruling party ignores the wish of the majority of voters
Over 465,000 voters signed the petition to recind the disastrous 20mph law.
A tiny 5,278 voters want to keep the law.

We don't have a direct democracy, we never have. We have an elected representative democracy.

You don't even understand the system that you have been living under for all of your life.

You just cannot be helped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024