Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97619 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:02 - Nov 16 with 842 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 14:11 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

What about the 483.
My favourite road .
Not

The road and from hell , no wonder this country is split on so many levels , a transport network still in the 19th century

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 17:31 - Nov 16 with 817 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 15:07 - Nov 16 by Boundy

What's your view on reduced services, billions to be lost to our much needed economy. The millions spent so far on this policy which in some parts of the country being reversed at a cost to you as a taxpayer?

What evidence is there, apart from random estimates over periods of 30 years, that the 20mph limit will cost the Welsh economy billions?
The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Nov 16 with 812 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:31 - Nov 16 by lifelong

What evidence is there, apart from random estimates over periods of 30 years, that the 20mph limit will cost the Welsh economy billions?

Its not just random estimates though, the Senedd's own report says so,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-governments-report-says-20mp
The 20MPH punishments on 17:48 - Nov 16 with 809 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Nov 16 by SullutaCreturned

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-governments-report-says-20mp

Yes, I’ve read that.

They are estimates and there is a lot of uncertainty about them.

It is possible that the benefits of the 20mph limit, over a period of 30 years, could out weigh the opposite.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Nov 16 with 807 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 17:48 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Yes, I’ve read that.

It is possible that the benefits of the 20mph limit, over a period of 30 years, could out weigh the opposite.

So you're happy to see Wales fall even further behind ?,,The figure I posted wasn't something I made up but issued by the idiots in Cardiff. Even as an estimate of 9 billion was too high and the figure was half that you,d still think it's worth while

The 20MPH punishments on 17:55 - Nov 16 with 807 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Nov 16 by SullutaCreturned

QUOTE: "Welsh Government's own report says 20mph speed limit could cost economy billions".

Aye and that is why they are doing it in the first place and that is further aided and abetted with tourism tax and the refusal to build new roads. Seriously, the genuine outrage shown towards a Westminster offer to help pay for VITAL transport infrastructure epitomised it all!!!!

It's all part of the master plan to sabotage Wales by governance so that it can be turned into an even worse example of the basket-case: impoverished, low-wage, bottom of table economic backwater it already is.

What they are doing is text book strategy to ruin a countries economy, inward investor potential and future. Wales is ruled by low-life Yokel scum who would struggle at village comitee level(s).

A case of "keep Wales poor, keep em voting for us".

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 18:00 - Nov 16 with 794 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 17:55 - Nov 16 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE: "Welsh Government's own report says 20mph speed limit could cost economy billions".

Aye and that is why they are doing it in the first place and that is further aided and abetted with tourism tax and the refusal to build new roads. Seriously, the genuine outrage shown towards a Westminster offer to help pay for VITAL transport infrastructure epitomised it all!!!!

It's all part of the master plan to sabotage Wales by governance so that it can be turned into an even worse example of the basket-case: impoverished, low-wage, bottom of table economic backwater it already is.

What they are doing is text book strategy to ruin a countries economy, inward investor potential and future. Wales is ruled by low-life Yokel scum who would struggle at village comitee level(s).

A case of "keep Wales poor, keep em voting for us".

Down arrowed by mistake.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:07 - Nov 16 with 788 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 18:00 - Nov 16 by Boundy

Down arrowed by mistake.

On the subject of down arrows? That Mart6 has vanished.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 18:17 - Nov 16 with 773 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Nov 16 by Boundy

So you're happy to see Wales fall even further behind ?,,The figure I posted wasn't something I made up but issued by the idiots in Cardiff. Even as an estimate of 9 billion was too high and the figure was half that you,d still think it's worth while

Not happy to see Wales fall behind at all, I am happy to see the Welsh Government attempting to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries on our roads.
Obviously some people are not.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:29 - Nov 16 with 765 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:48 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Yes, I’ve read that.

Ok, I'll accept that's possible but isn't it far more likely that the benefits are over estimated and the costs are underestimated?

Doesn't history show us that is by far more likely?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:32 - Nov 16 with 755 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:17 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Not happy to see Wales fall behind at all, I am happy to see the Welsh Government attempting to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries on our roads.

Obviously some people feel there may be better ways to do that than what the Senedd has done.

That would be true of plenty of things, not just the new speed lmits.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:46 - Nov 16 with 747 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:32 - Nov 16 by SullutaCreturned

Obviously some people feel there may be better ways to do that than what the Senedd has done.

That would be true of plenty of things, not just the new speed lmits.

Next step, ban road traffic altogether. Safest part of the UK and probably the world!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 19:36 - Nov 16 with 715 viewsWhiterockin

If the money spent on this exercise was spent in certain areas of the NHS more lives would be saved.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:53 - Nov 16 with 691 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:29 - Nov 16 by SullutaCreturned

Ok, I'll accept that's possible but isn't it far more likely that the benefits are over estimated and the costs are underestimated?

Doesn't history show us that is by far more likely?

For me,it’s more a case of people actually understanding wtf they are doing when they get behind a wheel.
Today,we saw a Range Rover at traffic lights with female driver with Jack Russell on her lap all over the steering wheel.

Almost as bad as cretins who drink coffee at the wheel

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:02 - Nov 16 with 679 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 18:07 - Nov 16 by Wingstandwood

On the subject of down arrows? That Mart6 has vanished.

Not been around that I know but Dadsarmy76 is still lurking

The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Nov 16 with 678 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 19:36 - Nov 16 by Whiterockin

If the money spent on this exercise was spent in certain areas of the NHS more lives would be saved.

It is estimated that obesity in Wales costs he NHS £73m, smoking costs the NHS in Wales an estimated £303m, excess alcohol costs an estimated £120m. Those figures being per year.
Maybe we need to be looking at reducing those costs rather than complaining about the costs of attempting to save more lives.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:12 - Nov 16 with 655 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Nov 16 by lifelong

It is estimated that obesity in Wales costs he NHS £73m, smoking costs the NHS in Wales an estimated £303m, excess alcohol costs an estimated £120m. Those figures being per year.
Maybe we need to be looking at reducing those costs rather than complaining about the costs of attempting to save more lives.

Smoking fee Wales is on the agenda.

https://www.gov.wales/tobacco-control-strategy-wales-html
The 20MPH punishments on 20:13 - Nov 16 with 648 viewsBoundy

How about educating children from a very early age how to cross roads ,how about the money being spent and wasted on using road signs which are compatible with its location (not a difficult concept when you consider the schools already have 20 mph limits along with speed humps ) or installing pedestrian crossings , I live near a major Comprehensive school with the main road between it and Trawllyn having not one dedicated crossing from the beginning of Carmel Road until opposite the shops in Trawllyn ,one bus stop where children alight is opposite the Halfway Pub on a bend FFS. No one wants anyone to die crossing a road or whilst driving but the WAG is filled with second rate politician's who are using us as their social experimenting ignore simple improvements to achive the same aims .

The 20MPH punishments on 20:17 - Nov 16 with 634 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 17:02 - Nov 16 by Boundy

The road and from hell , no wonder this country is split on so many levels , a transport network still in the 19th century

I've never understood the desperate urge in some quarters to "improve" road links between North and South Wales.

The most obvious question is why?

There's no particular reason for such a link to exist. Cultural, trade or whatever. North Wales happily links up with Merseyside and Manchester, whilst South Wales has good links with London and the South West. There's nobody in mid Wales.

I can't see any reason why someone in Llanelli would be in any desperate rush to get to Llandudno. I'd rather take my time and enjoy the spectacular scenery than travel on a soulless dual carriageway (no doubt limited to 50mph by the Welsh Govt) constructed through the middle of a beauty spot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Nov 16 with 605 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Nov 16 by lifelong

Pity you're so obsessed with reducing speed limits ignoring the facts that the Welsh Ambulance service is at crisis point and if no action is taken soon will have to look to outside sources ,or maybe by some twisted logic when we're all walking there'll be no need for ambulance to attend traffic accidents .By the way alcohol is taxed higher in Wales and smoking is soon to be banned long with meal deals so that maybe if so.e good news for you

The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Nov 16 with 605 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:17 - Nov 16 by Dr_Winston

I've never understood the desperate urge in some quarters to "improve" road links between North and South Wales.

The most obvious question is why?

There's no particular reason for such a link to exist. Cultural, trade or whatever. North Wales happily links up with Merseyside and Manchester, whilst South Wales has good links with London and the South West. There's nobody in mid Wales.

I can't see any reason why someone in Llanelli would be in any desperate rush to get to Llandudno. I'd rather take my time and enjoy the spectacular scenery than travel on a soulless dual carriageway (no doubt limited to 50mph by the Welsh Govt) constructed through the middle of a beauty spot.

I used to do North to South and the reverse often through work, the Newtown by pass was a godsend. Although the speed limit is mostly 50/60 often on a Friday you can barely get above 45 with few places to overtake, where there is it becomes Russian roulette. 5 hours plus is not unusual. Its horrendous for locals in the villages trying to make their way home. More by passes are definitely needed.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:50 - Nov 16 with 586 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Nov 16 by Whiterockin

I used to do North to South and the reverse often through work, the Newtown by pass was a godsend. Although the speed limit is mostly 50/60 often on a Friday you can barely get above 45 with few places to overtake, where there is it becomes Russian roulette. 5 hours plus is not unusual. Its horrendous for locals in the villages trying to make their way home. More by passes are definitely needed.

Totally agree , I travel back and for ,for work purposes it's not just a case of getting to your point of destination quickly but safely ,the route north and south for HGVs especially the amount of forests commission vehicles ich are not breaking the speed limits but the size of the vehicles now have no comparison to those of 50 years ago, by the way it took over 70 years from conception to reality for the Newtown by pass to be built ,so with Drakefords announcement of no more new roads to be built I guess the residents of Newtown should consider themselves extremely lucky

The 20MPH punishments on 21:02 - Nov 16 with 570 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 20:36 - Nov 16 by Boundy

Pity you're so obsessed with reducing speed limits ignoring the facts that the Welsh Ambulance service is at crisis point and if no action is taken soon will have to look to outside sources ,or maybe by some twisted logic when we're all walking there'll be no need for ambulance to attend traffic accidents .By the way alcohol is taxed higher in Wales and smoking is soon to be banned long with meal deals so that maybe if so.e good news for you

I like to think I’m not stupid, obsessed or ignorant,it’s a pity you have revert to insults when somebody has a different view point to yourself.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:05 - Nov 16 with 567 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:50 - Nov 16 by Boundy

Totally agree , I travel back and for ,for work purposes it's not just a case of getting to your point of destination quickly but safely ,the route north and south for HGVs especially the amount of forests commission vehicles ich are not breaking the speed limits but the size of the vehicles now have no comparison to those of 50 years ago, by the way it took over 70 years from conception to reality for the Newtown by pass to be built ,so with Drakefords announcement of no more new roads to be built I guess the residents of Newtown should consider themselves extremely lucky

Get behind two of those tree lorries and you are completely buggerd. Virtually nowhere to pass them both and you are in a tailback for miles. Not everyone is patient and its really dangerous.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:38 - Nov 16 with 523 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 21:02 - Nov 16 by lifelong

I like to think I’m not stupid, obsessed or ignorant,it’s a pity you have revert to insults when somebody has a different view point to yourself.

I apologise if you think I insulted you or your intelligence it wasn't my intention.We both have strong opinions on the subject, for myself I seething as another planned policy to weaken the Welsh economy for what ever twisted idealogy (because for me that's exactly what it is along a myriad of other impositions imposed on us )Those in Cardiff are willing to gamble on the future of our children because by their own admission there will a financial penalty to be had for this madness,I wonder if those in Cardiff have carried out studies on the mental health of those who have no jobs ,no advancement if they do and what will our kids futures hold when it comes to obtaining meaningful employment The young are leaving Wales now because they can't find any of the above so do you belive that the potential to save ten lifes(which could be using other means) ,the impact on future investment into Wales ,the loss of tourism is worth it .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024