Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97590 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:42 - Nov 30 with 795 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 18:01 - Nov 30 by lifelong

Why keep on posting this rubbish?
There are a number of studies that claim that it is not the case.

I have diesel car which to keep under the 20 mph limit I have to drive in 3rd gear and in doing so my engine revs are higher than if I was driving at say 25 mph meaning that the engine revolutions higher than they would be if I was in forth gear, and in doing so using more fuel and creating more emissions. Perhaps someone would like to study my driving ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 20:45 - Nov 30 with 792 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:24 - Nov 30 by Whiterockin

Proof they work Felix.

https://www.mynewtown.co.uk/viewernews/ArticleId/18051

Took them 75 years to build it though ,so based on that we're never going to see a 3 lane motorway west of Port Talbot

The 20MPH punishments on 20:49 - Nov 30 with 785 viewsBoundy

There's a few on here who belive that the cost to the country is worth it to save a few lives ,last year 95 people were killed in traffic collisions in Wales then there were 1900 poor souls who passed away due to lung cancer ,them in Cardiff are reluctant to introduce screening for many types of cancer but are hoping there traffic policy may save a life or two.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:08 - Nov 30 with 775 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:38 - Nov 30 by felixstowe_jack

Killy clearly does not read the Senedd's own Web site.

Only 5294 people in Wales have signed the petition to keep the 20mph limit.

While a massive 466,422 want the Welsh Government to recind the 20 mph law

Clearly he has overestimated the number who agree with you by 2,994,706.

No like Killy to be so wrong is it.

The millions spent on the 20 mph limit could have been better spent on accident spots and actually saving lives.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 17:40]

If it saves life's its a good thing.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Nov 30 with 773 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:49 - Nov 30 by Boundy

There's a few on here who belive that the cost to the country is worth it to save a few lives ,last year 95 people were killed in traffic collisions in Wales then there were 1900 poor souls who passed away due to lung cancer ,them in Cardiff are reluctant to introduce screening for many types of cancer but are hoping there traffic policy may save a life or two.

Its not a choice.

Both are valid.

Dont play one off against the other.

The uk is rich enough to do both.
Think of the money we could save by not bombing certain countries.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:12 - Nov 30 with 770 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:42 - Nov 30 by Boundy

I have diesel car which to keep under the 20 mph limit I have to drive in 3rd gear and in doing so my engine revs are higher than if I was driving at say 25 mph meaning that the engine revolutions higher than they would be if I was in forth gear, and in doing so using more fuel and creating more emissions. Perhaps someone would like to study my driving ?

Why don't you just drive less and do everyone a favour.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - Dec 1 with 717 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Nov 30 by Kilkennyjack

Its not a choice.

Both are valid.

Agree Sinn Fein have saved a fortune since they stopped bombing civilians in NI and Britain.

Though not sure why you have gone of post again.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 8:36]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:05 - Dec 1 with 706 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Nov 30 by Kilkennyjack

Its not a choice.

Both are valid.

We set priorities and make choices about which priorities to fund all the time. In the healthcare field, England has NICE (whose guidance is also largely adopted in Wales), and most developed countries have an equivalent mechanism. In Ireland something similar is done jointly by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE). In fact, while England and Wales exercise some flexibility in not fixing a definite maximum amount they will pay for an intervention (they use a range), the RoI is one of a very few countries to have a definite ceiling, which is currently €45,000 per quality-adjusted life-year (QALY). So no country in the world can afford to pay for everything that would save a life. The point posters are making is that the extra amount the Welsh Government is prepared to invest to save a life on the roads is greater than the extra amount it will spend on healthcare to save a life.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 09:56 - Dec 1 with 687 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 21:08 - Nov 30 by Kilkennyjack

If it saves life's its a good thing.

Seems to me you're only focused on the few not the many who die each year which could be preventable , shame on you

The 20MPH punishments on 13:41 - Dec 1 with 665 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 09:05 - Dec 1 by AnotherJohn

We set priorities and make choices about which priorities to fund all the time. In the healthcare field, England has NICE (whose guidance is also largely adopted in Wales), and most developed countries have an equivalent mechanism. In Ireland something similar is done jointly by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics (NCPE). In fact, while England and Wales exercise some flexibility in not fixing a definite maximum amount they will pay for an intervention (they use a range), the RoI is one of a very few countries to have a definite ceiling, which is currently €45,000 per quality-adjusted life-year (QALY). So no country in the world can afford to pay for everything that would save a life. The point posters are making is that the extra amount the Welsh Government is prepared to invest to save a life on the roads is greater than the extra amount it will spend on healthcare to save a life.

And the point that only a couple of posters are making is that 3 people a day are either killed or seriously injured on the roads in Wales, with 10 people a day being slightly injured. What do we do? Just let it continue or reduce the speed limit in built up areas in an attempt to reduce those awful statistics?
The 20MPH punishments on 14:15 - Dec 1 with 652 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:41 - Dec 1 by lifelong

And the point that only a couple of posters are making is that 3 people a day are either killed or seriously injured on the roads in Wales, with 10 people a day being slightly injured. What do we do? Just let it continue or reduce the speed limit in built up areas in an attempt to reduce those awful statistics?

Its not just reducing the speed limit in built up areas though , there are plenty of examples of the National speed limit being reduced for no reason other than to bring the overall speed limit down regardless of the roads location. I live n by a large Comprehensive school which has no dedicated crossing within 2 miles , if the beauts in cardiff were so concerned about sa+ fety tr then why not provide monies to local councils to allow them to install crossings instead of waiting for a fatality before they act
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 14:16]

The 20MPH punishments on 14:54 - Dec 1 with 646 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In 2021 there were 93 Road fatalities in Wales . 1 every 4 days. Of these only 30 were in 30mph zones. The other 63 were on other roads. Perhaps the Welsh Government should concentrate making the most dangerous roads safe first.

The 20MPH punishments on 15:56 - Dec 1 with 636 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:56 - Dec 1 by Boundy

Seems to me you're only focused on the few not the many who die each year which could be preventable , shame on you

I said both.
You are the one suggesting its a choice. A bogus choice of course.

Rejoin the EU
Recover the huge PPE monies
Stop bombing shephards

More than enough to pay for everything we need.

I bet you are the only ex-squaddie to yell ‘shame on you’ at another man. Pull yourself together mun.
You are sounding very woke.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 15:57]

The 20MPH punishments on 16:02 - Dec 1 with 632 viewsKilkennyjack

Well said.

Lots of selfish people who just dont like being told what to do.

Funny how the never mentioned all the other stuff until the 20mph was introduced.
Just a convenient line to try and argue, but we see them.
Bunch of elderly drama queens.

The 20MPH punishments on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 625 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:56 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

I said both.
You are the one suggesting its a choice. A bogus choice of course.

Rejoin the EU
Recover the huge PPE monies
Stop bombing shephards

More than enough to pay for everything we need.

I bet you are the only ex-squaddie to yell ‘shame on you’ at another man. Pull yourself together mun.
You are sounding very woke.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 15:57]

Not as woke as you. 😀

The 20MPH punishments on 17:19 - Dec 1 with 615 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:21 - Dec 1 by felixstowe_jack

Not as woke as you. 😀

Correct.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Dec 1 with 607 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:51 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

Thats only about 3 million who dont agree with you then.

The road by me in Swansea was a 30 zone and , guess what, its still 30.

The road near the school is now 20 but you would have only have done 20 previously.

Hopefully this small change will save a few lives, even you should be able to see that.

The objections are mostly political.

I’ll turn that on its head for you.

Support for the scheme is mostly political.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 587 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 14:54 - Dec 1 by felixstowe_jack

In 2021 there were 93 Road fatalities in Wales . 1 every 4 days. Of these only 30 were in 30mph zones. The other 63 were on other roads. Perhaps the Welsh Government should concentrate making the most dangerous roads safe first.

More than 50% of all accidents occur in 30mph zones, why don’t you show how many people were seriously and slightly injured in 30mph zones?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:53 - Dec 1 with 568 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:24 - Dec 1 by lifelong

More than 50% of all accidents occur in 30mph zones, why don’t you show how many people were seriously and slightly injured in 30mph zones?

Do you think that if the same amount of money had been spent in areas of the NHS more lives would be saved and the quality of life for many will be improved.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:41 - Dec 1 with 551 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:53 - Dec 1 by Whiterockin

Do you think that if the same amount of money had been spent in areas of the NHS more lives would be saved and the quality of life for many will be improved.

Do you think that if the NHS didn’t have to spend so much money on people who smoke, drink too much alcohol and who are obese that the amount the Welsh Government spend on the 20mph limit would be irrelevant?
The 20MPH punishments on 19:46 - Dec 1 with 543 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:41 - Dec 1 by lifelong

Do you think that if the NHS didn’t have to spend so much money on people who smoke, drink too much alcohol and who are obese that the amount the Welsh Government spend on the 20mph limit would be irrelevant?

But that's not the point, please answer the question. There are no stats to say how many 30mph accidents are alcohol related.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:12 - Dec 1 with 504 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:46 - Dec 1 by Whiterockin

But that's not the point, please answer the question. There are no stats to say how many 30mph accidents are alcohol related.

Stats stats stats
Sometimes looming around is enough.
Any police officer will relate that the biggest problem we have is drink and drug driving.
Braking reaction times are compromised by substances and speed limits are all about reaction times because of a drivers ability to stop when confronted with an immediate hazard

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:19 - Dec 1 with 497 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 14:32 - Nov 30 by controversial_jack

I see London is going to bring in more 20mph limits

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tfl-introduce-20mph-limits-five-050000278.html

and ? The common denominator is yet another labour administration ruining an economy

The 20MPH punishments on 20:20 - Dec 1 with 497 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 19:46 - Dec 1 by Whiterockin

But it is the point, you keep on bringing up the cost of everything, some are saying only 30 people are killed in 30mph zones as if it doesn’t seem to matter.
I didn’t mention anything about alcohol related road accidents.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:05 - Dec 1 with 471 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:20 - Dec 1 by lifelong

But it is the point, you keep on bringing up the cost of everything, some are saying only 30 people are killed in 30mph zones as if it doesn’t seem to matter.
I didn’t mention anything about alcohol related road accidents.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/24708709/people-killed-injured-slow-drivers-past

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024