Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97614 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:29 - Dec 9 with 925 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:17 - Dec 9 by lifelong

Yes, ok then.
Let’s just scrap the 20mph limit because somebody hit by a car doing 30mph will bounce off the vehicle… bloody hell.

70% of road fatalities in Wales occur outside 30mph zones, Rural roads with 60 mph speed limits are the most dangerous. These are the roads that need investment in, if we want to reduce roads deaths, which after reaching a peak in the 60s have fallen significantly but seem to have no reached a low level and are not changing at all.

The most significant causes are drug and drink driving, and excess speeds, ignoring speed limits and road conditions.
Another worrying statistics is male drivers aged 17 to 24 are four times more likely to fatal accidents than the rest of the population. They are also 4 times more likely to have accidents while carrying passengers of their own age group, than when carrying older passengers. The Welsh government I am sure have all this evidence but chose to ignore and have introduced a blanket 20 mph limit despite all studies that shows it has no significance effect, except in limit circumstances outside schools, hospitals and know accident blackspots.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:29 - Dec 9 with 925 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The 20MPH punishments on 20:47 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Oh good
Now who defines what roads are?

There are many lanes and paths that identify as a road these days.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 14:31 - Dec 9 with 897 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 13:29 - Dec 9 by felixstowe_jack

70% of road fatalities in Wales occur outside 30mph zones, Rural roads with 60 mph speed limits are the most dangerous. These are the roads that need investment in, if we want to reduce roads deaths, which after reaching a peak in the 60s have fallen significantly but seem to have no reached a low level and are not changing at all.

The most significant causes are drug and drink driving, and excess speeds, ignoring speed limits and road conditions.
Another worrying statistics is male drivers aged 17 to 24 are four times more likely to fatal accidents than the rest of the population. They are also 4 times more likely to have accidents while carrying passengers of their own age group, than when carrying older passengers. The Welsh government I am sure have all this evidence but chose to ignore and have introduced a blanket 20 mph limit despite all studies that shows it has no significance effect, except in limit circumstances outside schools, hospitals and know accident blackspots.

When they pass the test,they think that’s it and don’t ever bother advancing their driving skills.
It is a rudimentary driving test at best
Better if they restricted the horsepower of vehicles they can drive .
No coincidence so many young footballers crash 200 k super powerful cars .its like giving a Derby winner to a 10 yr old pony trekker .
Motor cycles were restricted for this reason and so should cars

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 14:55 - Dec 9 with 881 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:43 - Dec 9 by SullutaCreturned

Therein lies the problem, the Senedd has presented THEIR information and stats to back up their idea but if we saw all of the info, all of the relevant stats it may blow their arguments away.
And yes, I regularly see people crossing roads just a short distance from a crossing point. In fact, take a drive up to Morriston hospital, sit outside the main entrance and just watch how many people ignore the 2 crossings that are only about 100 yards apart and walk straight across the road, often walking out in front of oncoming traffic, a lot of them are staff too. Taken a bit further, I also see a lot f people driving through the hospital clearly going too fast AND ignoring road markings. Take the diabetic centre, there's an entrance and an exit for cars but a lot of people ignore it and I have had several near misses there with the other driver often having a go at me at which point I mention the road markings, some crawl up their own behinds but a few just say "oh eff off" or words to that effect.
Too many people don't give a shit, they do what the hell the please when they please and if it all goes wrong they say it's not their fault. The world is full of idiots.
Just yesterday I was coming home, I got to a roundabout and the person to my left didn't give way, he accelerated across the front of me and nearly crashed, it was his fault but he launched into a tirade at the car he nearly hit.

People are stupid. So, regardless of laws and speed limits accidents will continue to happen because of mass stupidity.

This sums up what you were saying😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 16:19 - Dec 9 with 863 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:04 - Dec 9 by lifelong

What do you mean I am more concerned about saving three lives than perhaps hundreds due to lack of preventive health monitoring?

You know nothing about me and my family circumstances, perhaps if you did you wouldn’t throw out such a comment.

I have great concerns about cancer monitoring, it is a totally different subject to this thread, you put out the stats regarding road accidents and I replied to it.

You've avoided commenting on the waiting times and lack of screening for pancreatic cancer for example hence my perception that you're only focussed on reducing speed limits.

I'll tell you If there has to be a choice then I'd rather see the lives of 100s saved because imo the priorities of any government should be to put health care for the many rather than the few .
Once there's a effective policy's in place to bring Welsh health care up from 3rd world standards care then perhaps I'll be more sympathetic.
By the way I have cancer which due to ineffective monitoring and screening has become more serious that it should have ever been .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 17:15 - Dec 9 with 855 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 16:19 - Dec 9 by Boundy

You've avoided commenting on the waiting times and lack of screening for pancreatic cancer for example hence my perception that you're only focussed on reducing speed limits.

I'll tell you If there has to be a choice then I'd rather see the lives of 100s saved because imo the priorities of any government should be to put health care for the many rather than the few .
Once there's a effective policy's in place to bring Welsh health care up from 3rd world standards care then perhaps I'll be more sympathetic.
By the way I have cancer which due to ineffective monitoring and screening has become more serious that it should have ever been .

Yes, I know you have because you posted about it previously, I was sorry to read it then as I am now.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:23 - Dec 9 with 850 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:15 - Dec 9 by lifelong

Yes, I know you have because you posted about it previously, I was sorry to read it then as I am now.

I think that is generally the point, it's not that anybody is against saving lives but this speed limit pallava along with several other things, they just weren't as important as other things that are getting worse at a rate of knots. We can start and end that with the NHS, lots of people are suffering and people are dying before they get treatment.

The Senedd has thrown money at the speed limit thing, increasing its numbers, CWL airport and the Welsh language ( and despite their efforts numbers of fluent Welsh speakers continue to decline) whereas some of us think there are things more important that need attention and need money.

The NHS, education, infrastructure, three things that need life saving treatment that are being allowed to die.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:31 - Dec 9 with 830 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:19 - Dec 9 by Boundy

I’d imagine the deaths he always quotes include drunk drivers & people driving much quicker than 30 mph in a 30 zone.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 824 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 17:15 - Dec 9 by lifelong

You have strong beliefs on the subject as do I ,it's a pity we can't agree ,either way

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 18:47 - Dec 9 with 812 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - Dec 9 by Boundy

You have strong beliefs on the subject as do I ,it's a pity we can't agree ,either way

I had no idea you were suffering from that awful disease. I hope it’s something you kick into touch and soon. All the best.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:52 - Dec 9 with 808 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:41 - Dec 9 by Boundy

You shouldnt have to agree .
Enjoy the disagreeing

The 20MPH punishments on 10:41 - Dec 10 with 738 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well apparently the Senedd wants us out of our cars and on public transport but buses are expensive and the service just isn't good enough and then there's the trains,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/were-being-driven-back-cars-282265

The 20mph limit is supposed to be part of their strategy to get us out of our cars and then you have "Many passengers have said that they feel forced back to using their cars because they can't rely on public transport getting them to work on time" and "Lisa Morris, who regularly travels from Aberdare to work in Cardiff daily, says the quality of service is "deteriorating month by month"."

It's a mess and Wales deserves better.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 707 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:41 - Dec 10 by SullutaCreturned

Well apparently the Senedd wants us out of our cars and on public transport but buses are expensive and the service just isn't good enough and then there's the trains,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/were-being-driven-back-cars-282265

The 20mph limit is supposed to be part of their strategy to get us out of our cars and then you have "Many passengers have said that they feel forced back to using their cars because they can't rely on public transport getting them to work on time" and "Lisa Morris, who regularly travels from Aberdare to work in Cardiff daily, says the quality of service is "deteriorating month by month"."

It's a mess and Wales deserves better.

It's had a negative effect. The 20mph has meant cuts in bus timetables and this is fact not opinion. People have been forced back off public transport into cars to get to work again a fact. Get the public transport system right first then try to implement your policies. As for pricing follow the likes of Birmingham, all busses are tap and go with a maximum daily charge of well under £5 a day for Birmingham and surrounding areas, less if you travel off peak.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:25 - Dec 10 with 700 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:54 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

It's had a negative effect. The 20mph has meant cuts in bus timetables and this is fact not opinion. People have been forced back off public transport into cars to get to work again a fact. Get the public transport system right first then try to implement your policies. As for pricing follow the likes of Birmingham, all busses are tap and go with a maximum daily charge of well under £5 a day for Birmingham and surrounding areas, less if you travel off peak.

The other problem with buses is, I couldn't get to my workplace for my start time, neither could my wife mind, though she could get there an hour early or 45 minutes late. I culd only be late.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:06 - Dec 10 with 667 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:25 - Dec 10 by SullutaCreturned

The other problem with buses is, I couldn't get to my workplace for my start time, neither could my wife mind, though she could get there an hour early or 45 minutes late. I culd only be late.

I'm pretty sure there are no busses in or out of Skewen after about 18.30 Cat, so shift workers are buggered. As I said if you want us on public transport you have to put it place first.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:55 - Dec 10 with 635 viewsonehunglow

If the senate want people out of cars then they will be committing mandlsughter ad it will lead to more deaths
Cars are essential unless you live on s big city fact
We kid ourselves otherwise
I can't see politicians going anywhere vis public transport having forsaken their official cars

The 20MPH punishments on 15:17 - Dec 10 with 598 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 11:54 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

Bus services have been cut in England and Wales, by as much as 80%, over the past 15 years.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c
The 20MPH punishments on 15:35 - Dec 10 with 583 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 15:17 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Bus services have been cut in England and Wales, by as much as 80%, over the past 15 years.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c

Anyone can do an Internet search to find statistics to back up their options but bus services on some routes in Swansea have been cut purely because of the 20mph since it has been introduced and that is a fact. If the Senedd want us on public transport this needs to be improved not cut. As for England as far as I'm aware they have different policies and are not trying to push the public onto public transport.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:40 - Dec 10 with 574 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:25 - Dec 10 by SullutaCreturned

I believe Welsh Labour are doing their best to remove jobs from Wales, keep people poor & they will continue to vote for these idiots.

How the hell would employees who work for me get from places like Neath PT & the Rhondda in time for a 7am start in Bridgend?
The 20MPH punishments on 15:45 - Dec 10 with 571 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:35 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

Anyone can do an Internet search to find statistics to back up their options but bus services on some routes in Swansea have been cut purely because of the 20mph since it has been introduced and that is a fact. If the Senedd want us on public transport this needs to be improved not cut. As for England as far as I'm aware they have different policies and are not trying to push the public onto public transport.

In our region,Manchester is doing its best to encourage less car use but it’s pretty futile .
Although these smartmotirways give an extra land,the trade off is the lack of the hard shoulder .
Criminally flawed thinking
Trust me,being on a hard shoulder sees you encounter the bizarre, drivers of Lorrie’s watching a forking dvd whist driving, parents arguing with kids oblivious to all around, plus dipstick insure less drink and drug drivers bombing along in their little steel cage .
If you breakdown now, you are in serious danger of being wiped out .

Liverpool has a great local rail network and bus network.
On this side,they have also cut some bus routes making access to the west Wirral smaller villages and hamlets virtually impossible without a car .
Cars are essential .
If we want to cut carbon then we should start with India and China . What we do is virtually irrelevant

The 20MPH punishments on 15:50 - Dec 10 with 569 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 15:35 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

I understand that cuts in bus services are being considered and timetables have to be amended, can’t find any reports that services have been cut.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:01 - Dec 10 with 557 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 15:50 - Dec 10 by lifelong

I understand that cuts in bus services are being considered and timetables have to be amended, can’t find any reports that services have been cut.

Check the X11 and X13 cut from every 30 minutes to hourly and yes it is because they could no longer run on time because of the 20mph. There are others that were changed when a new timetable was introduced. In my mind this is a cut.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 525 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 15:40 - Dec 10 by pencoedjack

I believe Welsh Labour are doing their best to remove jobs from Wales, keep people poor & they will continue to vote for these idiots.

How the hell would employees who work for me get from places like Neath PT & the Rhondda in time for a 7am start in Bridgend?

Marxism has historically included eliminating the threat of dissent in the middle classes. The workers were anticipated to be grateful for crumbs.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 16:46 - Dec 10 with 502 viewsBarrySwan

The 20MPH punishments on 15:50 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Yes they certainly have.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:53 - Dec 10 with 494 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 16:01 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

Check the X11 and X13 cut from every 30 minutes to hourly and yes it is because they could no longer run on time because of the 20mph. There are others that were changed when a new timetable was introduced. In my mind this is a cut.

Found it now, can’t see any mention of the 20mph being the reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024