Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97549 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:58 - Dec 10 with 974 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 15:40 - Dec 10 by pencoedjack

I believe Welsh Labour are doing their best to remove jobs from Wales, keep people poor & they will continue to vote for these idiots.

How the hell would employees who work for me get from places like Neath PT & the Rhondda in time for a 7am start in Bridgend?

They’ve got no chance, I can give you examples of similar situations down our way. Public transport is only effective in major population centres or going in to a city centres from other hubs. If your own in a village etc it’s non existent.

The deregulation of bus services across England and Wales has proved to be a very poor decision, joined up thinking went out the window and instead of having an organised system we’d see several bs companies competing on some routes and no services at all on others. The best public transport system in England and Wales is the one they left alone, London Transport.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:08 - Dec 10 with 939 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:58 - Dec 10 by majorraglan

They’ve got no chance, I can give you examples of similar situations down our way. Public transport is only effective in major population centres or going in to a city centres from other hubs. If your own in a village etc it’s non existent.

The deregulation of bus services across England and Wales has proved to be a very poor decision, joined up thinking went out the window and instead of having an organised system we’d see several bs companies competing on some routes and no services at all on others. The best public transport system in England and Wales is the one they left alone, London Transport.

Users of the Elizabeth Line may beg to differ at the moment😂.

You’re right though, London has a first class public transport system on the whole.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 17:22 - Dec 10 with 937 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:53 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Found it now, can’t see any mention of the 20mph being the reason.

The busses could not keep to the previous timetable because of the 20mph. X11 is Carmarthen to Swansea, the X13 is Llandeilo to Swansea long routes through new 20mph zones. The only option was to cut the regularity or put on more busses, this could not be done due to reduced Senedd funding, as I said improve public transport before you try to encourage the public to use it.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:28 - Dec 10 with 925 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:22 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

The busses could not keep to the previous timetable because of the 20mph. X11 is Carmarthen to Swansea, the X13 is Llandeilo to Swansea long routes through new 20mph zones. The only option was to cut the regularity or put on more busses, this could not be done due to reduced Senedd funding, as I said improve public transport before you try to encourage the public to use it.

Where does it say about the 20 mph limit?
Reduced funding yes, as it has been for the past 15 years, plus reduced passenger numbers.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Dec 10 with 916 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 17:28 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Reduced funding yes, as it has been for the past 15 years, plus reduced passenger numbers.

I'm going on what the actual drivers have said. Don't you agree that public transport needs to be improved and not cut, if you are putting in policies to encourage people to change to that and away from cars, as is the Senedd remit.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:49 - Dec 10 with 895 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

I'm going on what the actual drivers have said. Don't you agree that public transport needs to be improved and not cut, if you are putting in policies to encourage people to change to that and away from cars, as is the Senedd remit.

So a bus driver told you.

I’m taking the evening off..have a pleasant evening.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:03 - Dec 10 with 883 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

At the very least, don’t make it worse!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:08 - Dec 10 with 871 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:49 - Dec 10 by lifelong

They said in October (Arriva) that bus routes may be cut or at least altered,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67162541
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 18:13 - Dec 10 with 863 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 17:49 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Obviously people who actually know don't cut it with you.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:23 - Dec 10 with 844 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:13 - Dec 10 by Whiterockin

Obviously people who actually know don't cut it with you.

Here's another link for him,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/company-says-20mph-limit-making-27
The 20MPH punishments on 09:36 - Dec 11 with 759 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:28 - Dec 10 by lifelong

Fairly obvious if a bus can only travel at 20mph instead of 30mph it will take longer. A 10 mile journey at 30 mph takes 20 minutes at 20mph it takes 30 minutes

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:47 - Dec 11 with 752 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 09:36 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

Fairly obvious if a bus can only travel at 20mph instead of 30mph it will take longer. A 10 mile journey at 30 mph takes 20 minutes at 20mph it takes 30 minutes

That’s a cracker Felix..fair play. 😂
The 20MPH punishments on 09:49 - Dec 11 with 750 viewsBoundy

In advance of the rollout of more cameras ,I thought I'd post the guidelines regarding the use of them. Information taken from GoSafe's many information blurbs.

What are the speed camera rules?
The guidelines from the Department for Transport say:

"Speed cameras must sit in a yellow housing.
The housing itself should be visible and not obscured by trees or bushes.
You should be able to see the speed camera from 60 metres away in a 40 mph zone, or 100 metres for all other zones.
Signs should be placed in areas where there are visible camera housings - but this isn’t mandatory.
Every camera site should be reviewed every 6 months. This is to make sure they’re visible and properly signposted.
If you’re caught by a camera that doesn’t meet these conditions, you can’t use it as a defence for speeding. You could get fines and penalty points even if the speed camera doesn’t meet these conditions."

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 09:52 - Dec 11 with 748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:47 - Dec 11 by lifelong

That’s a cracker Felix..fair play. 😂

Glad you agree slowing down bus services down, will not make people use buses more frequently

The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Dec 11 with 745 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 09:52 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

Glad you agree slowing down bus services down, will not make people use buses more frequently

Still can’t find anything saying that the 20mph limit is the cause of services being cut?
May be cut or altered doesn’t quite cut it.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Dec 11 with 737 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 09:52 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

Nothing will stop people from using cars because for many without cars life would be intolerable and isolating .
Rural people effectively dumped into the big black void.
We need to sort out India and China before anything else .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 13:54 - Dec 11 with 690 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:49 - Dec 11 by Boundy

In advance of the rollout of more cameras ,I thought I'd post the guidelines regarding the use of them. Information taken from GoSafe's many information blurbs.

What are the speed camera rules?
The guidelines from the Department for Transport say:

"Speed cameras must sit in a yellow housing.
The housing itself should be visible and not obscured by trees or bushes.
You should be able to see the speed camera from 60 metres away in a 40 mph zone, or 100 metres for all other zones.
Signs should be placed in areas where there are visible camera housings - but this isn’t mandatory.
Every camera site should be reviewed every 6 months. This is to make sure they’re visible and properly signposted.
If you’re caught by a camera that doesn’t meet these conditions, you can’t use it as a defence for speeding. You could get fines and penalty points even if the speed camera doesn’t meet these conditions."

Thy are guidelines as started and not laws. It will be changing soon, those will be phased out and new smart ones installed
The 20MPH punishments on 14:11 - Dec 11 with 673 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Dec 11 by lifelong

Still can’t find anything saying that the 20mph limit is the cause of services being cut?

None so blind as those who don't want to see.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:13 - Dec 11 with 664 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Dec 11 by lifelong

You clearly have not been reading Welsh newspapers or listening to bus operators. They have been explaining loud and clear they cannot keep to the same timetables with 20mph limits. They have to reduce frequency to meet slower timetables.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:53 - Dec 11 with 643 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:13 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

You clearly have not been reading Welsh newspapers or listening to bus operators. They have been explaining loud and clear they cannot keep to the same timetables with 20mph limits. They have to reduce frequency to meet slower timetables.

Can you show us where that has been stated? None have implemented it so far that i can see, just a bit of whinging
The 20MPH punishments on 15:04 - Dec 11 with 624 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 14:13 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

I’ve already said that the timetable might have to be slightly amended, can you please show me where bus companies have said that some routes have to be cancelled because of the 20mph speed limit?
The 20MPH punishments on 17:05 - Dec 11 with 585 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:04 - Dec 11 by lifelong

I’ve already said that the timetable might have to be slightly amended, can you please show me where bus companies have said that some routes have to be cancelled because of the 20mph speed limit?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 17:07 - Dec 11 with 585 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:04 - Dec 11 by lifelong

The email said bus five could also either "withdraw fully" from the village of Abergwyngregyn, Gwynedd, or only serve it once per hour.

Similar measures are being considered in Llanfairfechan, Penmaenmawr and Dwygyfylchi, Conwy

There are loads of other sources on google search.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Dec 11 with 553 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:07 - Dec 11 by pencoedjack

The email said bus five could also either "withdraw fully" from the village of Abergwyngregyn, Gwynedd, or only serve it once per hour.

Similar measures are being considered in Llanfairfechan, Penmaenmawr and Dwygyfylchi, Conwy

There are loads of other sources on google search.

I’ve read that article, I’ve also read reports of bus services across Wales being axed due to lack of funding. This was earlier in the year before the 20 mph limit was implemented.
In the link you have posted words like might, possibly and to be considered are being used, I would suggest that the main reason for any proposed cuts would be down to lack of funding.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:47 - Dec 11 with 534 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Dec 11 by lifelong

I’ve read that article, I’ve also read reports of bus services across Wales being axed due to lack of funding. This was earlier in the year before the 20 mph limit was implemented.
In the link you have posted words like might, possibly and to be considered are being used, I would suggest that the main reason for any proposed cuts would be down to lack of funding.

Ok lets run with the lack of funding, of bus services are being cut because of "no money" and those fewer services that remain are slower because they have been "altered" then why does the Senedd think the 20mph thing will get more people onto buses?

We have fewer services running moe slowly with prices rising where people already didn't use buses because the servvices weren't good enough. making people drive more slowly is NOT going to encourage them onto a bus service tht doesn't match their needs and is more expensive than taking the car.

If more services are axed becase of the new 20 limit it will drive more people into cars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024