Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97701 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Jan 10 with 926 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:16 - Jan 10 by felixstowe_jack

As a direct result of Drakeford's ill thought out law less frequent and slower bus journeys will mean more cars on the road causing congestion, more pollution and more accidents.

I wonder how busses manage in London with all that congestion and even slower journey times?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:38 - Jan 10 with 921 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Jan 10 by controversial_jack

I wonder how busses manage in London with all that congestion and even slower journey times?

Bus lanes.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:51 - Jan 10 with 871 viewslifelong

What’s disappointing for me is that the Welsh Government have said that people will only be prosecuted in 20mph zones if they are doing 26 mph or more.
Just what message is that sending out to motorists?
The 20MPH punishments on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 864 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:51 - Jan 10 by lifelong

What’s disappointing for me is that the Welsh Government have said that people will only be prosecuted in 20mph zones if they are doing 26 mph or more.

That they haven't got a clue with what they are doing.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:03 - Jan 10 with 840 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 19:51 - Jan 10 by lifelong

As many of us have been telling you, the Senedd, Drakeford, they are absolutely hopeless. This entire thing has been chronically mismanaged and is a steaming mess.

I agree with you about the 26 too, why have a 20 limit then say that, it's absurd. What if someone is killed at 26mph?

This useless crowd are who you've been defending.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Jan 10 with 833 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Jan 10 by controversial_jack

And the slowness of London's roads appears to have just been confirmed – yet again – by a new study. Mapping technology company TomTom found that in central London a journey of ten kilometres took an average of 37 minutes and 20 seconds in 2023 – making it the slowest city in the entire world.

https://www.tomtom.com/newsroom/explainers-and-insights/tomtom-traffix-index-202
[Post edited 10 Jan 20:06]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 20:08 - Jan 10 with 816 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:03 - Jan 10 by SullutaCreturned

As many of us have been telling you, the Senedd, Drakeford, they are absolutely hopeless. This entire thing has been chronically mismanaged and is a steaming mess.

I agree with you about the 26 too, why have a 20 limit then say that, it's absurd. What if someone is killed at 26mph?

And you may not even be prosecuted at 30 mph.

Mark Drakeford suggested drivers will not be fined for breaching the new default 20mph speed limit in Wales if they were “genuinely confused”.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:09 - Jan 10 with 808 viewslifelong

I have been defending the 20mph, which I still agree with, what I cannot defend is the Welsh Government saying that motorists will not be prosecuted unless they are doing 26mph or more, it’s ludicrous.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 20:11 - Jan 10 with 797 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 20:09 - Jan 10 by lifelong

I have been defending the 20mph, which I still agree with, what I cannot defend is the Welsh Government saying that motorists will not be prosecuted unless they are doing 26mph or more, it’s ludicrous.

That it is

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:13 - Jan 10 with 791 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:09 - Jan 10 by lifelong

There are going to be an awful lot of motorists saying that they are "genuinely confused". It's quite easy to prove with painted out signs and 30mph signs still in place in 20mph zones.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:22 - Jan 10 with 769 viewsWhiterockin

It smacks of backtracking without actually backtracking. I think the Senedd are starting to realise the law could lose them votes. Better late than never.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:39 - Jan 11 with 678 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:04 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

And the slowness of London's roads appears to have just been confirmed – yet again – by a new study. Mapping technology company TomTom found that in central London a journey of ten kilometres took an average of 37 minutes and 20 seconds in 2023 – making it the slowest city in the entire world.

https://www.tomtom.com/newsroom/explainers-and-insights/tomtom-traffix-index-202
[Post edited 10 Jan 20:06]

Yet, they still have a very good integrated transport system despite slower speeds. The 20mph limit is just an excuse by bus companies to make cutbacks
The 20MPH punishments on 11:44 - Jan 11 with 662 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:39 - Jan 11 by controversial_jack

Yet, they still have a very good integrated transport system despite slower speeds. The 20mph limit is just an excuse by bus companies to make cutbacks

Maybe the Senedd should use any money collected in fines and pump it into public transport. If they want us out of cars and onto public transport they should make sure it is a viable options. After all many parts of our local area have no public transport after 6.30pm, how shift workers are able to get home I really don't know.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:22 - Jan 11 with 642 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:44 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Maybe the Senedd should use any money collected in fines and pump it into public transport. If they want us out of cars and onto public transport they should make sure it is a viable options. After all many parts of our local area have no public transport after 6.30pm, how shift workers are able to get home I really don't know.

I agree, but my point was, that a 20 mph has no bearing on bus journey times, it's an excuse
[Post edited 11 Jan 12:22]
The 20MPH punishments on 12:25 - Jan 11 with 632 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:22 - Jan 11 by controversial_jack

I agree, but my point was, that a 20 mph has no bearing on bus journey times, it's an excuse
[Post edited 11 Jan 12:22]

Do you use public transport, in particular routes like Llanelli and Ammanford to Swansea?
The 20MPH punishments on 12:50 - Jan 11 with 598 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:25 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Do you use public transport, in particular routes like Llanelli and Ammanford to Swansea?

No i don't
The 20MPH punishments on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 583 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 11:44 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Money raised from fixed penalties goes to the Treasury in London, the Senedd have no say on it.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 565 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:39 - Jan 11 by controversial_jack

How do you work that out , less routes , less passengers , less income , less subsidies

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 563 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:50 - Jan 11 by controversial_jack

No i don't

Then how do you the impact it has on journey times

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 15:08 - Jan 11 with 515 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 13:25 - Jan 11 by Boundy

How do you work that out , less routes , less passengers , less income , less subsidies

To further back up your opinion, and with perfect timing !!!!
QUOTE: "Time has been added to services, stops have been axed, and timetables have been revised".

How people can defend and excuse that ruinous bunch of backward sabotaging yokels in Cardiff Bay along with devolution is beyond all comprehension!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bus-company-makes-major-timetable-

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 16:31 - Jan 11 with 474 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:26 - Jan 11 by Boundy

Then how do you the impact it has on journey times

I drive a car and know that journey times are not significantly longer. Not all roads are 20 mph either
The 20MPH punishments on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 473 viewsAnotherJohn

I was reminded again today of the opportunity cost of such schemes as the 20mph speed limit and Senedd enlargement when I saw details of changes in the funding of HE Masters studies. Among the changes are the ending of the means-tested grant element of support worth up to £6885 (loans only now rather than grant plus loan), and the ending of the £2000 fee reduction for STEMM subject Masters courses. My lad is keen to do an engineering Masters next year so that is quite a hit. It looks like some harsh cuts are coming up in several areas of public expenditure.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 434 viewsmajorraglan

The forthcoming review of the policy is being undertaken by non other than 1 of the consultants who advised on the scheme in 2019. Mental.

I’d sack Lee Waters today.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:10 - Jan 11 with 427 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:56 - Jan 11 by majorraglan

The forthcoming review of the policy is being undertaken by non other than 1 of the consultants who advised on the scheme in 2019. Mental.

I’d sack Lee Waters today.

So not an independent review then. I guess the findings are already decided.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:38 - Jan 11 with 411 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:31 - Jan 11 by controversial_jack

I drive a car and know that journey times are not significantly longer. Not all roads are 20 mph either

Your comments are relevant to the routes you drive. They are not relevant to the public transport that you don't use or the routes that you don't drive. I use public transport probably 3 or 4 times a week and drive to outlying areas a couple of times a week. I comment on the routes and transport I use. There is a difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024