Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97658 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:32 - Jan 13 with 1205 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:26 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Nice.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/village-without-bus-route-because-

So what if it takes a bit longer, it can be accommodated. Probably an excuse to cut costs
The 20MPH punishments on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 1175 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 14:32 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

So what if it takes a bit longer, it can be accommodated. Probably an excuse to cut costs

You really have no understanding how contracts work

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 15:27 - Jan 13 with 1173 viewsWingstandwood

Loss of bus service(s) caused by 20mph made Welsh TV news last night, it just rammed home how disgusting and ruinous the Cardiff Bay yokels truly are.

And I guess far worse is yet to come when it comes to the repuccusions of!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 1172 viewsWingstandwood

"To every action there is an opposite and equal reaction" and consequences of!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Jan 13 with 1128 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:22 - Jan 13 by Boundy

You really have no understanding how contracts work

Contracts can be amended if both parties agree
The 20MPH punishments on 20:17 - Jan 13 with 1103 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 14:32 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

You may be right about it being an excuse, however it is entirely feasible that the 20mph speed limit increases the time journeys take to complete and the cumulative impact of the additional time prevents the driver ( restrictions on driver hours etc ) from now doing what they used to do.

I suspect during all this blue sky thinking in Cardiff Bay, they’ve overlooked the need to bring in the nuts and bolts people who actually break things down, consider the wider perspective etc and look for potential problems before initiatives go live.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 1069 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:27 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

Contracts can be amended if both parties agree

And if one party says its cutting the route because it's no longer practical then why would they agree to any change?

The change to contract would have to make the route worthwhile again and that was possibly discussed.

It is now a fact beyond dispute that the 20mph limit is affecting the very public transport they wanted to force us onto.

Oh well, I guess we'll all have to walk.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:19 - Jan 13 with 1068 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 20:17 - Jan 13 by majorraglan

You may be right about it being an excuse, however it is entirely feasible that the 20mph speed limit increases the time journeys take to complete and the cumulative impact of the additional time prevents the driver ( restrictions on driver hours etc ) from now doing what they used to do.

I suspect during all this blue sky thinking in Cardiff Bay, they’ve overlooked the need to bring in the nuts and bolts people who actually break things down, consider the wider perspective etc and look for potential problems before initiatives go live.

You are right but one of the biggest issues are that many routes are out and back with virtually no turnaround time. If you take the X13 Swansea to Llandeilo route as an example it takes about 1 hour 45 minutes down and 10 minutes later it makes the journey back, there is very little leeway. This route was running every half hour, now because the route could not keep to time it is now running hourly. Basically because there were no funds to add extra busses and drivers. Its happening throughout Wales.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 07:16 - Jan 14 with 990 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 15:28 - Jan 13 by Wingstandwood

"To every action there is an opposite and equal reaction" and consequences of!

You wonder what the risks and issues log looks like for the 20mph project.
[Post edited 14 Jan 7:17]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 10:13 - Jan 14 with 937 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:19 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

You are right but one of the biggest issues are that many routes are out and back with virtually no turnaround time. If you take the X13 Swansea to Llandeilo route as an example it takes about 1 hour 45 minutes down and 10 minutes later it makes the journey back, there is very little leeway. This route was running every half hour, now because the route could not keep to time it is now running hourly. Basically because there were no funds to add extra busses and drivers. Its happening throughout Wales.

There were a load of temporary drivers from Birmingham driving our busses, they have returned back now, hence shortages . Nothing to do with 20 mph
The 20MPH punishments on 10:42 - Jan 14 with 922 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:13 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

There were a load of temporary drivers from Birmingham driving our busses, they have returned back now, hence shortages . Nothing to do with 20 mph

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 911 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 15:27 - Jan 13 by Wingstandwood

Loss of bus service(s) caused by 20mph made Welsh TV news last night, it just rammed home how disgusting and ruinous the Cardiff Bay yokels truly are.

And I guess far worse is yet to come when it comes to the repuccusions of!

Bus services in Wales have been cut in Wales for the past 15 years or so, this article, published in August of last year, is partially blaming the 20mph limit for recent cuts even before the limit was implemented.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c
The 20MPH punishments on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 901 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Jan 14 by lifelong

Bus services in Wales have been cut in Wales for the past 15 years or so, this article, published in August of last year, is partially blaming the 20mph limit for recent cuts even before the limit was implemented.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c

I read that as they were pointing out that the 20 mph will impact timetables and more funding would be required to maintain the same service. Obvious from day one to anyone with an ounce of sense.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Jan 14 with 886 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 10:51 - Jan 14 by Whiterockin

I read that as they were pointing out that the 20 mph will impact timetables and more funding would be required to maintain the same service. Obvious from day one to anyone with an ounce of sense.

You can’t help getting the little jibe in can you?
I read it as it says, ie “Routes in Cardiff and Newport are among those that HAVE been cut this summer, with bus firms blaming reduced funding, fewer passengers after covid and the new 20mph limit.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 879 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Jan 14 by lifelong

I read it as it says, ie “Routes in Cardiff and Newport are among those that HAVE been cut this summer, with bus firms blaming reduced funding, fewer passengers after covid and the new 20mph limit.

He’s stating his opinion and it seems pretty innocuous to me .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 11:39 - Jan 14 with 880 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 11:31 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

He’s stating his opinion and it seems pretty innocuous to me .

I have no doubt you do.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 847 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Jan 14 by lifelong

I read that as they recognised the new 20mph limit would have an impact so they planned ahead, as all good businesses do, so maybe even the bus companies do!

Question, has he funding been cut yet or was it just planned at the point of this statement? It'd be another clue to forward planning.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 750 viewsKilkennyjack

Well well well, who would have thunk it …..

You are being played bois back …. By English Tories who speak with forked tongue …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Never trust a Tory.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 08:45 - Jan 16 with 690 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:48 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

You are being played bois back …. By English Tories who speak with forked tongue …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Never trust a Tory.

Your post may have held a modicum of credibility if it wasn’t quoting Will Hayward😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 09:07 - Jan 16 with 683 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 11:39 - Jan 14 by lifelong

I have no doubt you do.

One man’s jibe…

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 579 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:45 - Jan 16 by union_jack

Your post may have held a modicum of credibility if it wasn’t quoting Will Hayward😂😂😂

Drakefords bitch

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 08:36 - Jan 18 with 526 viewsKilkennyjack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:13 - Jan 17 by Boundy

Drakefords bitch

Any part of the evidence provided that you thought was unsafe ?

The article is fact. The end.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 15:16 - Jan 18 with 484 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:48 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

Never trust a Tory.

470,000 people Wales signed the Senedd petition asking them to abolish blanket 20mph law.

I pitiful 10,000 signed the petition asking them to keep it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Jan 19 with 418 viewsAnotherJohn

Extract from Wales online story about budget pressures affecting Swansea Council.

"The council also plans to step up its enforcement of traffic offences and operate another camera enforcement car, bringing in an extra £193,000."

It looks like the new speed limit may indeed be connected to revenue generation. What do people think about the idea that a council can predict an increase in income from fines without any data to indicate a real-world increase in the incidence of unlawful behaviour?
The 20MPH punishments on 17:57 - Jan 19 with 408 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - Jan 19 by AnotherJohn

Extract from Wales online story about budget pressures affecting Swansea Council.

"The council also plans to step up its enforcement of traffic offences and operate another camera enforcement car, bringing in an extra £193,000."

It looks like the new speed limit may indeed be connected to revenue generation. What do people think about the idea that a council can predict an increase in income from fines without any data to indicate a real-world increase in the incidence of unlawful behaviour?

Nope.

You’ve it wrong about Swansea City council getting additional income from a camera car and the new 20mph speed limit, enforcement of speed limits is the responsibility of the police and Go Safe and the revenues generated go in to road safety initiatives or the government in Westminster.

The camera car is used to target decriminalised offences, parking on double yellow lines, stopping in bus bays/ lanes, parking in disabled bays etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024