Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97557 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:53 - Mar 17 with 1171 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:04 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Most youngsters don't and can't afford big powerful cars

Quite often their parents can.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:22 - Mar 17 with 1126 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 11:53 - Mar 17 by Whiterockin

Quite often their parents can.

Yep.

Also, a 19 year old living at home earning £20,000 a year can easily afford £7-800 a month on a flash car and insurance payments if they're that keen on the status symbol. There are plenty of people in that age range driving around in cars that I would certainly think twice about the cost of, and my monthly outgoings are fairly low.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 19:45 - Mar 17 with 1062 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:22 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Yep.

Also, a 19 year old living at home earning £20,000 a year can easily afford £7-800 a month on a flash car and insurance payments if they're that keen on the status symbol. There are plenty of people in that age range driving around in cars that I would certainly think twice about the cost of, and my monthly outgoings are fairly low.

Agree, the PCP schemes has made it much easier and in some ways a trap because at the end of the contract you either pay off a hefty balance of take out another new car

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 17:16 - Mar 18 with 1007 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:45 - Mar 17 by Boundy

Agree, the PCP schemes has made it much easier and in some ways a trap because at the end of the contract you either pay off a hefty balance of take out another new car

That was my experience of the PCP scheme. No equity at the end and a big final settlement. I only did it once
The 20MPH punishments on 21:12 - Mar 23 with 888 viewsBoundy

Don't worry kids about your future , its in safe hands. Granny you'll have to wait a bit longer in the back of an ambulance . A nation disgrace , one of too many now.

https://cyclingindustry.news/wales-puts-50-million-up-for-cycle-route-developmen

The 20MPH punishments on 21:21 - Mar 23 with 876 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 21:12 - Mar 23 by Boundy

Don't worry kids about your future , its in safe hands. Granny you'll have to wait a bit longer in the back of an ambulance . A nation disgrace , one of too many now.

https://cyclingindustry.news/wales-puts-50-million-up-for-cycle-route-developmen

A total waste of money unless cyclists are forced to use the network.

Far too many of the lycra clad imbeciles can be found using roads and pathways intended for other vehicles even when expensively sourced bike paths exist.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 854 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:21 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

A total waste of money unless cyclists are forced to use the network.

Far too many of the lycra clad imbeciles can be found using roads and pathways intended for other vehicles even when expensively sourced bike paths exist.

Agreed. The A4067 north from pontadawe is a typical example.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:42 - Mar 23 with 838 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 21:32 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

There is a cycle path that runs from Ystradgynlais right down to Mumbles.

Any cyclist found using roads even remotely following that route should have their bikes confiscated.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 21:50 - Mar 23 with 833 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:04 - Mar 17 by controversial_jack

Most youngsters don't and can't afford big powerful cars

My own Nephew was living at home and doing an apprenticeship, he saved his mney and bought a second hand BMW M5 for 3000 quid, it cost him over 2000 to insure it, he only had it 4 motnsh when he smashed it up, it was a write off along with the car he hit.

He learnt his lesson.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:03 - Mar 23 with 826 viewsBoundy

and linked with this nonsense because it all is , climate change , stop driving , save the planet. I know what I believe and it isn't some made up expert determined to negatively change society

The 20MPH punishments on 22:06 - Mar 23 with 816 viewsBoundy

This proposal will please Dr W , and a few others I would imagine.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/cyclists-must-have-identification-a-licence-

The 20MPH punishments on 22:21 - Mar 23 with 801 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 22:06 - Mar 23 by Boundy

This proposal will please Dr W , and a few others I would imagine.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/cyclists-must-have-identification-a-licence-

Absolutely. If you want to use the roads, youl should be subject to the same requirements as other road users.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:30 - Mar 24 with 747 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 21:32 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

Another cracking example this morning cycling down Oystermouth road towards Mumbles with a huge trail of cars behind him. Meanwhile the promenade was less than ten feet away.

I swear these idiots get some sort of weird kick out of it.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:40 - Mar 24 with 742 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:03 - Mar 23 by Boundy

and linked with this nonsense because it all is , climate change , stop driving , save the planet. I know what I believe and it isn't some made up expert determined to negatively change society

Very interesting and informative.The biggest hoax or scam of all time!
The 20MPH punishments on 14:16 - Mar 24 with 725 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 12:30 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

Another cracking example this morning cycling down Oystermouth road towards Mumbles with a huge trail of cars behind him. Meanwhile the promenade was less than ten feet away.

There were 2 cyclists leaving Skewen via Peniel Green road Friday, 2. Single file up the hill but they got onto the roundabout ahead of me and the straggler went straing out alongsode the other without even looking, 2 abreast around the roundabout. Then they turned up Frederick place where there's temporary traffic lights which were red. One of them went around the outside of the cars on the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic.

A wird kick or just being awkward gits?
The 20MPH punishments on 16:50 - Mar 25 with 636 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:40 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

Very interesting and informative.The biggest hoax or scam of all time!

Probably a bit of both.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 09:19 - Mar 26 with 481 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:30 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

Agreed
Consider this.
Locally ,the A 540 from Chestervto West Kirby has 40 ,50,60 speed limits . No cycle lanes .It is a busy route with a history of fatal accidents ,some involving cyclists who are passed by motor car drivers by the smallest of margins because the car drivers won’t give space- because they see that as giving up their space on the road.
I’ve long since quit cycling on there.
I’ve no idea why some do as it risks death .
Cyclists are killed by drivers nit vice versa
Ask Chris Boardman ,who mother was wiped out a few years ago in north Wales by a jerk of a driver

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 09:45 - Mar 26 with 460 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 09:19 - Mar 26 by onehunglow

Agreed
Consider this.
Locally ,the A 540 from Chestervto West Kirby has 40 ,50,60 speed limits . No cycle lanes .It is a busy route with a history of fatal accidents ,some involving cyclists who are passed by motor car drivers by the smallest of margins because the car drivers won’t give space- because they see that as giving up their space on the road.
I’ve long since quit cycling on there.
I’ve no idea why some do as it risks death .
Cyclists are killed by drivers nit vice versa
Ask Chris Boardman ,who mother was wiped out a few years ago in north Wales by a jerk of a driver

30 seconds on Google suggested several cycle lanes that cover most of if not all of that trip, including NCR 5 & 568.

Cyclists do it because they can. Because they think they're proving a point out of sheer bloody mindedness.

Like that moron on Oystermouth Road on Sunday. Or those previously mentioned on the A4067. Doing it when perfectly suitable alternatives which are both safer for them and less inconveniencing for others exist. A cyclist hurt or worse using a road when they don't have to has only themselves to blame.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:54 - Mar 26 with 423 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 09:45 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

30 seconds on Google suggested several cycle lanes that cover most of if not all of that trip, including NCR 5 & 568.

Cyclists do it because they can. Because they think they're proving a point out of sheer bloody mindedness.

Like that moron on Oystermouth Road on Sunday. Or those previously mentioned on the A4067. Doing it when perfectly suitable alternatives which are both safer for them and less inconveniencing for others exist. A cyclist hurt or worse using a road when they don't have to has only themselves to blame.

I understand why some serious cyclist chose to use the road as often the cycle route certainly down to Mumbles is chaotic with little self control by either part time cyclists and pedestrians, the only two accidents I've had have been when I've used the cycle track and both involving uncontrolled children , unless there's a physical barrier between the two groups then there will be accidents .Incidentally I came off the worse on both occasions.

The 20MPH punishments on 11:54 - Mar 26 with 404 viewsWhiterockin

No surprise really.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/what-tourists-think-20mph-wale
The 20MPH punishments on 13:18 - Mar 26 with 372 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:54 - Mar 26 by Whiterockin

No surprise really.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/what-tourists-think-20mph-wale

The monies lost to an already struggling economy is totally unacceptable to everyone except a few dimwits and those idiot s in card, to think they're happy to crash the economy based on policy makers pushed by Sustrans is a disgrace and investigated because I truly believe substantial money has been exchanged between those in power and Sustrans .To think a so called charity can influence the direction of how a country is run is staggering,.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:29 - Mar 26 with 357 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 10:54 - Mar 26 by Boundy

I understand why some serious cyclist chose to use the road as often the cycle route certainly down to Mumbles is chaotic with little self control by either part time cyclists and pedestrians, the only two accidents I've had have been when I've used the cycle track and both involving uncontrolled children , unless there's a physical barrier between the two groups then there will be accidents .Incidentally I came off the worse on both occasions.

Let’s not tar all road users with the same brush.
2/4/6/8 or more wheels of two or four feet ,it’s all down to common courtesy mostly.
Hell,only yesterday I was walking dog down narrow land when three horses appeared followed by a string of cars .
I moved to the side to allow passage and every one of them thanked me.
Then probably shat all over the road

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 21:45 - Mar 27 with 239 viewsAnotherJohn

One set of rules for the Crachach, another for the plebs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/labour-s-welsh-government-is-accused-of-hypo
The 20MPH punishments on 22:10 - Mar 27 with 213 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 21:45 - Mar 27 by AnotherJohn

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/labour-s-welsh-government-is-accused-of-hypo

So we are expected to ditch our cars but labour minsters are being chauffeur driven, 278000 miles.

What a unch of steaming hypocrites. The sheep will still vote for them though.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:24 - Mar 27 with 198 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 21:45 - Mar 27 by AnotherJohn

This is poorly written article, for a start 270k miles is more than 11 times the length of Wales!

Let’s put things in perspective, there’s going to be a lot of car use because we’ve not got effective public transport in many parts of Wales, North South etc, West Wales etc, there are security issues, car is cheaper than public transport etc. What we’re not seeing is a lot of air travel, unlike Westminster.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/military-helicopter-takes-home-sec-on-19

I’m all in favour of holding people to account especially WG, but let’s keep things in perspective. If you put Drakers on a train, how many cops you going to need? Probably a fair few coz 1/2 of Wales would be looking to give him a piece of their mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024