Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97687 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:03 - Mar 27 with 1178 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 22:24 - Mar 27 by majorraglan

This is poorly written article, for a start 270k miles is more than 11 times the length of Wales!

Let’s put things in perspective, there’s going to be a lot of car use because we’ve not got effective public transport in many parts of Wales, North South etc, West Wales etc, there are security issues, car is cheaper than public transport etc. What we’re not seeing is a lot of air travel, unlike Westminster.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/military-helicopter-takes-home-sec-on-19

I’m all in favour of holding people to account especially WG, but let’s keep things in perspective. If you put Drakers on a train, how many cops you going to need? Probably a fair few coz 1/2 of Wales would be looking to give him a piece of their mind.

What security issues exactly ?, how many other than Drakeford , Guessing , Watters and now maybe Miles ( who will disappear back into the wood never to be seen again ) can anyone identify let alone target .And yes I agree car is cheaper and more convenient than public transport hence the furore about the tossers in cardiff drive to get us plebs off the road.
You can dress it up any way you like but its rank hypocrisy .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 07:43 - Mar 28 with 1116 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 23:03 - Mar 27 by Boundy

What security issues exactly ?, how many other than Drakeford , Guessing , Watters and now maybe Miles ( who will disappear back into the wood never to be seen again ) can anyone identify let alone target .And yes I agree car is cheaper and more convenient than public transport hence the furore about the tossers in cardiff drive to get us plebs off the road.

Drakeford probably needed security when he walked into the pub and the landlord threw him out banning him.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 1078 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uk-tourists-cancel-wales-hol

This issue ain't gonna go away! It's gathering pace! And gathering anger at the same time! And the clowns who support the ruination of Wales, its economy and infrastructure?

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Mar 28 with 1041 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 23:03 - Mar 27 by Boundy

The same threat that many politicians face. We’ve seen several MP’s murdered over the last few years and there’s plenty of nutters and people with an axe to grind out there. Senior politicians whether it’s here, Westminster or Edinburgh will have protection.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:44 - Mar 28 with 995 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 22:24 - Mar 27 by majorraglan

This is poorly written article, for a start 270k miles is more than 11 times the length of Wales!

Let’s put things in perspective, there’s going to be a lot of car use because we’ve not got effective public transport in many parts of Wales, North South etc, West Wales etc, there are security issues, car is cheaper than public transport etc. What we’re not seeing is a lot of air travel, unlike Westminster.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/military-helicopter-takes-home-sec-on-19

I’m all in favour of holding people to account especially WG, but let’s keep things in perspective. If you put Drakers on a train, how many cops you going to need? Probably a fair few coz 1/2 of Wales would be looking to give him a piece of their mind.

The policy of trying to get people out of their cars and on to non existent public transport in Wales is crazy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 19:16 - Mar 28 with 973 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 18:44 - Mar 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

The policy of trying to get people out of their cars and on to non existent public transport in Wales is crazy.

Utterly surreal, especially when you consider that many buses only arrive on a two hourly basis, and in circumstances where it further requires to catch more than one bus, because there are no direct routes in many places.

A case of getting on the first bus to go in completely the opposite direction of the end destination choice, by travelling to the quadrant in Swansea to catch a 2nd bus.

Meaning someone would have to add a few extra hours to his/her day! And with working 12 hour shifts?. Nice to see chauffeur driven nut-job cranks having a grasp on reality hey?

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 19:28 - Mar 28 with 945 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 19:16 - Mar 28 by Wingstandwood

Utterly surreal, especially when you consider that many buses only arrive on a two hourly basis, and in circumstances where it further requires to catch more than one bus, because there are no direct routes in many places.

A case of getting on the first bus to go in completely the opposite direction of the end destination choice, by travelling to the quadrant in Swansea to catch a 2nd bus.

Meaning someone would have to add a few extra hours to his/her day! And with working 12 hour shifts?. Nice to see chauffeur driven nut-job cranks having a grasp on reality hey?

Yes a couple of times I've looked at the best bus option for 30min car journeys. As you say you often have to go into Swansea and back out, ending up with a two hour journey with only one or two time slots.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 19:41 - Mar 28 with 917 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 19:28 - Mar 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes a couple of times I've looked at the best bus option for 30min car journeys. As you say you often have to go into Swansea and back out, ending up with a two hour journey with only one or two time slots.

The clowns running the show from within Cardiff Bay are absolute crackpots, who do the complete and utter opposite of what common sense, critical thinking, morals, competence, and prioritisation screams out.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 19:45 - Mar 28 with 913 viewsDr_Winston

Unless people live in a major urban area like London or Manchester, then the simple reality is that public transport will never replace private. And sometimes not even then. People should not be pressured to give up their cars. In areas lacking public transport owning and running them should be made easier.

Politicians who simply cannot (or more likely will not) accept that need to be chased out of office, doubly more so if the hypocritical losers are happy enough to clock up the chauffeured miles themselves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:18 - Mar 29 with 836 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 19:45 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

Unless people live in a major urban area like London or Manchester, then the simple reality is that public transport will never replace private. And sometimes not even then. People should not be pressured to give up their cars. In areas lacking public transport owning and running them should be made easier.

Politicians who simply cannot (or more likely will not) accept that need to be chased out of office, doubly more so if the hypocritical losers are happy enough to clock up the chauffeured miles themselves.

Now that really is a good point to raise
I would hate to live in a rural area with a family to raise on a paltry wage

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 07:26 - Mar 30 with 747 viewsWhiterockin

Cutting 30 mph to 20 mph will not stop the real problems. Wales should be taking action to prevent this sort of accident, this is where the real issue lies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgl5048687no
[Post edited 30 Mar 7:26]
The 20MPH punishments on 08:20 - Mar 30 with 722 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 07:26 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

Cutting 30 mph to 20 mph will not stop the real problems. Wales should be taking action to prevent this sort of accident, this is where the real issue lies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgl5048687no
[Post edited 30 Mar 7:26]

What should be happening is restricting new and young drivers from driving cars whose acceleration exceeds 0 to 60 in 12 seconds, most popular so called hot hatches can now travel well under 0-60 in under 7 seconds , that's frightening when you consider how many fiesta STs for example you see driven by spotty 20 year olds .Obviously the cost of the car and insurance premium now adays are not putting off youngsters from buying them. The compulsory fitting of black boxes in anyone under the age of 25 would at least focus the attention of those most likely to be involved in an accident.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:07 - Mar 30 with 668 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:20 - Mar 30 by Boundy

What should be happening is restricting new and young drivers from driving cars whose acceleration exceeds 0 to 60 in 12 seconds, most popular so called hot hatches can now travel well under 0-60 in under 7 seconds , that's frightening when you consider how many fiesta STs for example you see driven by spotty 20 year olds .Obviously the cost of the car and insurance premium now adays are not putting off youngsters from buying them. The compulsory fitting of black boxes in anyone under the age of 25 would at least focus the attention of those most likely to be involved in an accident.

0 to 60 in 12 seconds, would be quicker to get the bus.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 645 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 13:07 - Mar 30 by controversial_jack

yeah, that's the point. the best way to stop crazy driving is to restrict the drivers ability, make them go slower.

Do you understand now?
The 20MPH punishments on 15:21 - Mar 30 with 630 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:42 - Mar 30 by SullutaCreturned

yeah, that's the point. the best way to stop crazy driving is to restrict the drivers ability, make them go slower.

Do you understand now?

It's the top speed that matters not a few seconds difference in getting there.

We have a 20 mph speed limit in Wales to make drivers of all ages go slower, many don't like it and don't follow it. I am seeing signs now though, that drivers are starting to understand the concept of a speed limit
The 20MPH punishments on 19:19 - Mar 30 with 597 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:21 - Mar 30 by controversial_jack

We have a 20 mph speed limit in Wales to make drivers of all ages go slower, many don't like it and don't follow it. I am seeing signs now though, that drivers are starting to understand the concept of a speed limit

Oh dont be so obtuse. A car capable of 0-60 in less than 12 seconds (or in 7 seconds as was stated) will reach higher speeds more quickly. it will be a more powerful engine which is why I stated we need to restrict the drivers ability to do such things.

You are seeing signs? Really? because people continue to be seriously hurt and killed on the same roads that mist of the deaths happened on before the reduction AND I see people driving even more stupidly every day.

The 20mph only works of it is obeyed and the big problem continues to be people driving too fast and too stupidly.
30mph would be perfectly safe if people drove responsibly. So go after the idiots, not the majority of us who dont drive dangerously.

Make it so new drivers can't get a car of more than 1 litre unless they have been driving for 3 years, make them have a black box that can be checked by police if they are reported. When people are caught being dangerous punish them properly and if they drive whilst banned put them in prison for 3 years, make people take notice.

Until we do this people will continue to die.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:28 - Mar 30 with 579 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:19 - Mar 30 by SullutaCreturned

Oh dont be so obtuse. A car capable of 0-60 in less than 12 seconds (or in 7 seconds as was stated) will reach higher speeds more quickly. it will be a more powerful engine which is why I stated we need to restrict the drivers ability to do such things.

You are seeing signs? Really? because people continue to be seriously hurt and killed on the same roads that mist of the deaths happened on before the reduction AND I see people driving even more stupidly every day.

The 20mph only works of it is obeyed and the big problem continues to be people driving too fast and too stupidly.
30mph would be perfectly safe if people drove responsibly. So go after the idiots, not the majority of us who dont drive dangerously.

Make it so new drivers can't get a car of more than 1 litre unless they have been driving for 3 years, make them have a black box that can be checked by police if they are reported. When people are caught being dangerous punish them properly and if they drive whilst banned put them in prison for 3 years, make people take notice.

Until we do this people will continue to die.

And jail them if their parents take their points.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:30 - Mar 30 with 547 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 13:07 - Mar 30 by controversial_jack

Crack on ,I'm sure one will be along shortly , or will there

The 20MPH punishments on 22:32 - Mar 30 with 545 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 15:21 - Mar 30 by controversial_jack

Is it really ,check again .

The 20MPH punishments on 11:22 - Mar 31 with 509 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:32 - Mar 30 by Boundy

Is it really ,check again .

From what i can see, drivers are slowly starting to understand that 20mph is slower than 30 mph
The 20MPH punishments on 20:03 - Mar 31 with 456 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:22 - Mar 31 by controversial_jack

From what i can see, drivers are slowly starting to understand that 20mph is slower than 30 mph

Oh we all understand this it's just that too many people don't care about speed limits.

its just you being you tho. We all see it.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:24 - Apr 1 with 409 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:03 - Mar 31 by SullutaCreturned

Oh we all understand this it's just that too many people don't care about speed limits.

its just you being you tho. We all see it.

Do you understand speed limits?
The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Apr 2 with 300 viewsBoundy

I see the average speed cameras between Pontardawe and Ynysforgan have met an untimely demise ,both cut down cleaner than a scotch pine .

The 20MPH punishments on 17:54 - Apr 2 with 272 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Apr 2 by Boundy

I see the average speed cameras between Pontardawe and Ynysforgan have met an untimely demise ,both cut down cleaner than a scotch pine .

The one by the Mond roundabout got cut down months ago. Think they've had the one by J45 now. Not sure if any on the stretch from the Mond to Ponty have been targeted.

I suspect that even the people who have cut them down would have left them there if the limit hadn't been cut to 40mph also. Stupid, petty move that was. No problem trying to stop the nutters doing 80-90mph, but there was no need to drop the limit as well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 18:16 - Apr 2 with 246 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Apr 2 by Boundy

There were 2 sets, one when you came off at Ynysforgan and the second lot after the Mond roundabout. They cut down one of each because they are useless by themselves.

Most peope still do 40 but if you come on there from Glais or Trebanos you can do what speed you like.

Totally agreed with putting cameras there after people died but they could have left the speed at 50.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024