Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97740 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:57 - Aug 3 with 19742 viewsunion_jack

The environment agenda is only in play when they can profit from it. Once a better source of revenue comes along, then it no longer matters.

Totally shambolic ‘government’ at total odds with itself.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 10:32 - Aug 3 with 19705 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 08:57 - Aug 3 by union_jack

The environment agenda is only in play when they can profit from it. Once a better source of revenue comes along, then it no longer matters.

Look at what it pushed at us every day......climate change. Other equally important environmental issues such as plastic pollution/micro plastics and biodiversity reduction play second fiddle.
You can sell, solar panels, electric cars, heat pumps and raise loads of taxes on the back of climate change.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 19694 viewsswan65split

People won't stick to it, they don't stick to 30 on a very busy street I live, some idiots in cars /bikes do more than 40 or more and bikers fly through doing wheelies.

some of these electric bikes/scooters do more than 20, sadly keep an eye out for some worrying headlines.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:05 - Aug 3 with 19603 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 10:45 - Aug 3 by swan65split

People won't stick to it, they don't stick to 30 on a very busy street I live, some idiots in cars /bikes do more than 40 or more and bikers fly through doing wheelies.

some of these electric bikes/scooters do more than 20, sadly keep an eye out for some worrying headlines.

Just the cost of changing the road sign si over 30 million. Recently they stopped giving school meals throught the holidays because they can't afford it, that cost 15 million.

So to pay for this change underpriviliged kids, starving kids will have to go without. Never mind though, at least they will be able to learn Welsh and vote at 16, as long as they survive that long.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:39 - Aug 3 with 19573 viewsWhiterockin

"The new rule will come into effect on September 17 and it is hoped it will reduce the number of road traffic collisions and serious injuries on the roads. It is also hoped more people will opt to walk or cycle instead."

Really, walk or cycle instead, some of the areas they are introducing 20mph don't even have pavements. I see there is no mention of encouraging people onto non existing public transport.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:05 - Aug 3 with 19540 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The 20MPH punishments on 15:39 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

"The new rule will come into effect on September 17 and it is hoped it will reduce the number of road traffic collisions and serious injuries on the roads. It is also hoped more people will opt to walk or cycle instead."

Really, walk or cycle instead, some of the areas they are introducing 20mph don't even have pavements. I see there is no mention of encouraging people onto non existing public transport.

Several bus routes in my area are being scrapped.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 16:16 - Aug 3 with 19513 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 16:05 - Aug 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Several bus routes in my area are being scrapped.

Add to that it will obviously take a lot longer on some routes because of slowing down. They will not increase the number of busses, just make them less frequent.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 19474 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In the last 5 years on average 20 pedestrians were killed each year with only 13 in the latest year's figures. There in no break down in the Welsh Government figures of where these deaths occurred. Were they in 30 mph zones or in higher 40, 50, 60 mph zones. No detail in the figures if the pedestrians were killed by motorist travelling below the speed limit or by speeding motorist.
The Welsh government claim that the new 20mph zones COULD save 100 lives over the next decade, 10 a year is hardly credible without this data.

Air pollution deaths from Welsh Government figures, Public Health Wales, is between 1000 and 1400 per year. If cars travel at below 20mph they pump out even more pollution as the are running in low gears.
If this only leads to a 1% increase in air pollution than would be an increase in 10 deaths more than cancelling and lives saved by the 20mph limits.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 17:04 - Aug 3 with 19458 viewsWhiterockin

I hope this clarifies how the speed limits will be displayed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/drivers-baffled-councils-begin-rem
The 20MPH punishments on 17:59 - Aug 3 with 19419 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

More of this punishment?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/thousands-drivers-caught-speeding-

The 20MPH punishments on 18:01 - Aug 3 with 19418 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 16:50 - Aug 3 by felixstowe_jack

In the last 5 years on average 20 pedestrians were killed each year with only 13 in the latest year's figures. There in no break down in the Welsh Government figures of where these deaths occurred. Were they in 30 mph zones or in higher 40, 50, 60 mph zones. No detail in the figures if the pedestrians were killed by motorist travelling below the speed limit or by speeding motorist.
The Welsh government claim that the new 20mph zones COULD save 100 lives over the next decade, 10 a year is hardly credible without this data.

Air pollution deaths from Welsh Government figures, Public Health Wales, is between 1000 and 1400 per year. If cars travel at below 20mph they pump out even more pollution as the are running in low gears.
If this only leads to a 1% increase in air pollution than would be an increase in 10 deaths more than cancelling and lives saved by the 20mph limits.

I'd like to see the opportunity costs for government projects. Are we better off as a nation spending £30M on road signs or cancer care?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:31 - Aug 3 with 19403 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 16:50 - Aug 3 by felixstowe_jack

Obviously I could be wrong but it seems to me that cancelling this 20mph nonsense and restoring the kids meals through the holidays would be a better idea.

What I need now is for a Welsh labour supporter to explain to me why this 20mph thing is a good idea, given the posted figures and what we know has been cancelled. I have to assume the posted figures are correct but if not a Welsh Labour supporter can post a rebuttal.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:01 - Aug 3 with 19383 viewsmax936

The 20MPH punishments on 18:31 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

Obviously I could be wrong but it seems to me that cancelling this 20mph nonsense and restoring the kids meals through the holidays would be a better idea.

What I need now is for a Welsh labour supporter to explain to me why this 20mph thing is a good idea, given the posted figures and what we know has been cancelled. I have to assume the posted figures are correct but if not a Welsh Labour supporter can post a rebuttal.

All about boosting Dread-full's ego with yet more control from him, there are lots of area's/roads where 20mph limits are justified, but no need to make it a blanket limit, surely?!

He doesn't seem to realise or care about the increase in emission's that will be created,
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 19:03]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 20MPH punishments on 19:05 - Aug 3 with 19365 viewsmax936

This 100!

Environment, climate control etc is just a ruse to rob hardworking people of yet more of their hard earned.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 20MPH punishments on 19:40 - Aug 3 with 19305 viewsReslovenSwan1

Also coming to the British capital London which should be 100% electric or gas by now.

{New 20mph speed limit for five of London's boroughs - BBC News
The new speed limits are part of the London mayor's Vision Zero plan to eliminate road deaths and serious injury. TfL has accelerated the roll-out so that, by 2024, about 125 miles (220km) of its roads will have a 20mph speed limit. Almost all roads in the five boroughs will now be subject to the 20mph limit}

Thought you would have known about this. God save the king.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The 20MPH punishments on 20:56 - Aug 3 with 19279 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:40 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Also coming to the British capital London which should be 100% electric or gas by now.

{New 20mph speed limit for five of London's boroughs - BBC News
The new speed limits are part of the London mayor's Vision Zero plan to eliminate road deaths and serious injury. TfL has accelerated the roll-out so that, by 2024, about 125 miles (220km) of its roads will have a 20mph speed limit. Almost all roads in the five boroughs will now be subject to the 20mph limit}

Thought you would have known about this. God save the king.

Is that the Labour mayor who cost Labour the Uxbridge by election with his policies. Who has also been spoken too by the Labour Party leader. The mayor who unless he changes his policies is guaranteed to lose the next mayoral election. Just asking for clarity, Drakeford should take notice, british politics is never a dictatorship ask his friends in Scotland.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:08 - Aug 3 with 19253 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 20:56 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

Is that the Labour mayor who cost Labour the Uxbridge by election with his policies. Who has also been spoken too by the Labour Party leader. The mayor who unless he changes his policies is guaranteed to lose the next mayoral election. Just asking for clarity, Drakeford should take notice, british politics is never a dictatorship ask his friends in Scotland.

There's about 9000Km of roads in London. When I was last up there doing more than 20mph around Sheps Bush was a rarity.

Why is it, when we complain about the Senedd, these people always go "whatabout....."

Why can't they answer the points about Wales and the Senedd?
The 20MPH punishments on 21:23 - Aug 3 with 19231 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:08 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

There's about 9000Km of roads in London. When I was last up there doing more than 20mph around Sheps Bush was a rarity.

Why is it, when we complain about the Senedd, these people always go "whatabout....."

Why can't they answer the points about Wales and the Senedd?

They can't answer the points about the Senedd because the facts that are often put forward are correct. How can you argue against the truth that's why they try and deflect. It's basically because they neither have the intelligence or knowledge to put forward a sensible argument.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:25 - Aug 3 with 19097 viewsOhyeah

Apparently according to the Welsh governments own research/statistics/estimates it will cost the Welsh Economy £4.5 bn over the next 30 years.......
The 20MPH punishments on 22:10 - Aug 3 with 19145 viewsKilkennyjack

20 mph is a dull idea.

Building renewable energy capability for Cymru is a good idea.

These are 2 different things.

Beware of the Risen People

The 20MPH punishments on 22:14 - Aug 3 with 19067 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:05 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

Just the cost of changing the road sign si over 30 million. Recently they stopped giving school meals throught the holidays because they can't afford it, that cost 15 million.

So to pay for this change underpriviliged kids, starving kids will have to go without. Never mind though, at least they will be able to learn Welsh and vote at 16, as long as they survive that long.

I don’t remember kids getting free school meals during school holidays when i was in school during the 60s, so not sure why it’s expected now
The 20MPH punishments on 06:37 - Aug 4 with 19062 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 22:14 - Aug 3 by controversial_jack

I don’t remember kids getting free school meals during school holidays when i was in school during the 60s, so not sure why it’s expected now

Can you remember food banks mate, these things are in place for a reason.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:37 - Aug 4 with 19042 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Usain Bolt and other top sprinters will be banned from competing in wales now.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Aug 4 with 18998 viewsmajorraglan

There is definitely a requirement for 20 mph speed limits IN SOME PLACES, but it shouldn’t be the default everywhere.I’ve no issues with it outside schools, on walk to school routes used by kids (it can be timed say between 8am an 9.30a, then again at the end of the school day) outside parks etc etc.
The problem we have is that it’s become a politicians pet project and criticism or attempts to modify it get short shrift as they don’t want to make changes which will cause them to lose face. Politicians tend to be surrounded by special advisors who promote the narrative and civil servants who are there to implement government policy, if the civil service highlight concerns etc they’ll be seen as militant which they aren’t and get criticised heavily - look at the references we’ve been seeing in relation to the blob in papers such as the Daily Mail, the civil servants can’t help it if some of their masters are morons trying to introduce stupid ideas. Look what happened with Truss and Kwarteng, they decide to get rid of the top guy at the treasury as they aren’t keen on treasury orthodoxy, what happens next? They decide to appoint a new person, move ahead with their own ideas ignoring the likes of the OBR etc and the whole thing implodes because the system and markets don’t like what’s happening. They cost us £65bn ffs!

We’re having the 20mph limit here, but it’s coming in all over the place including cities and towns in England.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:50]
The 20MPH punishments on 08:54 - Aug 4 with 18910 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 06:37 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin

Can you remember food banks mate, these things are in place for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against it at all, just that it wasn't even the case when there was real poverty around in the 60s, not like today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024