Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The BBC 15:03 - Aug 25 with 4499 viewsjohnlangy

Many people are very critical of the BBC. Bearing that in mind what are your thoughts on Talk TV ?
The BBC on 17:04 - Aug 25 with 2971 viewsmajorraglan

Never watched it, the channel is part of the Rupert Murdoch empire which is says enough.. Fox News, The Sun - no thanks.
The BBC on 17:42 - Aug 25 with 2950 viewsTogg

At one time the BBC was a World leader in drama and comedy and sport was pretty good too. The Sixth Commandment with Timothy Spall was a recent return to form. However I really now begrudge paying a licence fee. Radio 2 with one or two exceptions is now the new Radio 1. I think the BBC needs a rethink on funding.
The BBC on 18:01 - Aug 25 with 2934 viewsonehunglow

The BBC on 17:42 - Aug 25 by Togg

At one time the BBC was a World leader in drama and comedy and sport was pretty good too. The Sixth Commandment with Timothy Spall was a recent return to form. However I really now begrudge paying a licence fee. Radio 2 with one or two exceptions is now the new Radio 1. I think the BBC needs a rethink on funding.

Good Morning
It’s 7 o’clock
It’s Saturday ,30th September
I’m Tony Blackburn and this is
Flowers on the Rain “ by The Move

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flowers+in+the+rain&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The BBC on 18:41 - Aug 25 with 2916 viewsTogg

The BBC on 18:01 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Good Morning
It’s 7 o’clock
It’s Saturday ,30th September
I’m Tony Blackburn and this is
Flowers on the Rain “ by The Move

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flowers+in+the+rain&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&

Nice one..the start of Radio 1
The Move were a brilliant band..better than Wizard and ELO who I'm no a great fan of.
The BBC on 18:44 - Aug 25 with 2913 viewsonehunglow

The BBC on 18:41 - Aug 25 by Togg

Nice one..the start of Radio 1
The Move were a brilliant band..better than Wizard and ELO who I'm no a great fan of.

Roy Wood,one of my musical heroes as us Bev Bevan.
Full on proper Rick n roll.
Clever ,canny fella too with real humour

Great days they were

Carl Wayne died very young

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The BBC on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 2898 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 17:04 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

Never watched it, the channel is part of the Rupert Murdoch empire which is says enough.. Fox News, The Sun - no thanks.

Importantly though it seems to have fallen flat, which shows we’re nowhere near as far down the rabbit hole as the US.

Imagine having to choose your own news, whether it’s Newsmax on one side or MSNBC on the other?

The BBC isn’t perfect but as close to fair as you can have. It’s noticeable that whichever party is in power hates it and is convinced it’s out to get them.
The BBC on 19:33 - Aug 25 with 2897 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 19:17 - Aug 25 by Gwyn737

Importantly though it seems to have fallen flat, which shows we’re nowhere near as far down the rabbit hole as the US.

Imagine having to choose your own news, whether it’s Newsmax on one side or MSNBC on the other?

The BBC isn’t perfect but as close to fair as you can have. It’s noticeable that whichever party is in power hates it and is convinced it’s out to get them.

On the flip side it’s the organisation with both the highest paid journalists and the best access to government and parliamentarians but often utterly fail to hold any of them to account. I imagine in my minds eye them sitting with politicians in the parliament bars laughing and joking slapping each other on the back and anyone looking in from outside would struggle to tell which is which. It’s far too cosy.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The BBC on 19:47 - Aug 25 with 2883 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 19:33 - Aug 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

On the flip side it’s the organisation with both the highest paid journalists and the best access to government and parliamentarians but often utterly fail to hold any of them to account. I imagine in my minds eye them sitting with politicians in the parliament bars laughing and joking slapping each other on the back and anyone looking in from outside would struggle to tell which is which. It’s far too cosy.

I agree although part of that is politicians refusing to go on / hiding in fridges etc.
Login to get fewer ads

The BBC on 20:37 - Aug 25 with 2860 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 19:47 - Aug 25 by Gwyn737

I agree although part of that is politicians refusing to go on / hiding in fridges etc.

I thought all parties acted horrifically with the fridge thing. Of course Boris is an abject coward to go and hide in a fridge but it’s probably not the right thing to shove a microphone in his face at 6:30 in the morning and say you’re live on tv either. It was obviously a stunt. That’s not serious journalism.

And that’s the problem. Half these journalists are just after views, clicks and likes. Sensationalist stuff. They’re more concerned about salacious gossip who’s banging who and such like. The other half are just activists looking to sway people to vote a certain way. There’s no gravitas in the profession anymore.

The BBC on 21:00 - Aug 25 with 2839 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 20:37 - Aug 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I thought all parties acted horrifically with the fridge thing. Of course Boris is an abject coward to go and hide in a fridge but it’s probably not the right thing to shove a microphone in his face at 6:30 in the morning and say you’re live on tv either. It was obviously a stunt. That’s not serious journalism.

And that’s the problem. Half these journalists are just after views, clicks and likes. Sensationalist stuff. They’re more concerned about salacious gossip who’s banging who and such like. The other half are just activists looking to sway people to vote a certain way. There’s no gravitas in the profession anymore.

Client journalists are certainly an issue.

It’s one of things that make the BBCs job harder.

Not they shouldn’t be tougher - they should.
The BBC on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 2828 viewsmajorraglan

The BBC on 20:37 - Aug 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Boris also refused to do the Leader debates that the other candidates participated in.

The problem we have is that the news journalists need to stay on the good side of the politicians to get the story’s and to do that they can’t bite the hand that feed them. The BBC and ITV tend to be a more straight down the line whereas some channels are merely mouth pieces for the right. Boris should have had his feet held to the fire and not been given an easy ride.

The likes of your Panorama and Dispatches are a completely different of journalist, and to be honest we need to see more of that type of work on our screen.
The BBC on 21:43 - Aug 25 with 2815 viewsKilkennyjack

The Tories have deliberately nobbled the BBC.

The coverage of the Royals is worse than North Korea.

I was an advocate of public service broadcasting, but no longer.

We remember their cowardice on Brexit.
Client journalism is the establishment in action.
Laura loves Boris - 🤮

Beware of the Risen People

The BBC on 07:52 - Aug 26 with 2745 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The BBC on 21:43 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Laura loves Boris - 🤮

You don't have to watch it if they do not broadcast and agree with your odd minority views .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The BBC on 08:15 - Aug 26 with 2734 viewsjackrmee

The BBC on 19:17 - Aug 25 by Gwyn737

Fair? Haha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The BBC on 08:31 - Aug 26 with 2720 viewsGwyn737

The BBC on 08:15 - Aug 26 by jackrmee

Fair? Haha

You can see it on here.

It’s only really posters on the far ends of the political spectrum who claim it’s unfair and always towards their side.

It’s never going to be all things to all people all the time.
The BBC on 09:57 - Aug 26 with 2698 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I can't remember when I last watched the BBC. I listen to BBC Radio in the car occasionally, the journalism seems to have merged into opinion.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The BBC on 10:17 - Aug 26 with 2693 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The BBC on 21:43 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Laura loves Boris - 🤮

The bbc nobbled itself.

All the woes of the bbc are well and truly self inflicted.

The BBC on 11:19 - Aug 26 with 2667 viewsKilkennyjack

The BBC on 07:52 - Aug 26 by felixstowe_jack

You don't have to watch it if they do not broadcast and agree with your odd minority views .

I have to pay for it though, and thats the point.

If the Royal weddings and funerals were ‘pay per view’ very few people would want to pay to watch it. Fact. They should try it.

Beware of the Risen People

The BBC on 08:09 - Aug 27 with 2615 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 11:19 - Aug 26 by Kilkennyjack

I have to pay for it though, and thats the point.

If the Royal weddings and funerals were ‘pay per view’ very few people would want to pay to watch it. Fact. They should try it.

Well I don't want to watch them but judging bu the turnouts on the streets, you would be wrong.

For the late Queen's funeral people travelled from all over the UK to be on the procession route.
The BBC on 14:00 - Aug 27 with 2553 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The BBC on 08:09 - Aug 27 by SullutaCreturned

Well I don't want to watch them but judging bu the turnouts on the streets, you would be wrong.

For the late Queen's funeral people travelled from all over the UK to be on the procession route.

29M watched the funeral on TV in the UK.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The BBC on 16:41 - Aug 27 with 2521 viewsThrasher6

I think the BBC is being deliberately "left" as a duty to preserve the news being taken over by the right wing media. I rarely hear anything about how rabidly right wing papers like The Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times seem to think that their agenda is the "right" agenda. The Indy and the Guardian are the only ones fighting back. The Beeb...quite rightly defends them...and us from this right wing onslaught....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The BBC on 17:38 - Aug 27 with 2509 viewsSullutaCreturned

The BBC on 14:00 - Aug 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

29M watched the funeral on TV in the UK.

Kilky would say that's not PPV whh is why I made the point about the effort so many went to.

Much as I am anto monarchy they still have tremendous support in the Uk.
The BBC on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 2501 viewsYrAlarch

The BBC on 18:44 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Roy Wood,one of my musical heroes as us Bev Bevan.
Full on proper Rick n roll.
Clever ,canny fella too with real humour

Great days they were

Carl Wayne died very young

Rick n roll is certainly one for us oldies.
The BBC on 17:52 - Aug 27 with 2496 viewsYrAlarch

The BBC on 19:47 - Aug 25 by Gwyn737

Ah! Memories of Monty Python
The BBC on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 2490 viewsTogg

The BBC on 17:38 - Aug 27 by SullutaCreturned

Kilky would say that's not PPV whh is why I made the point about the effort so many went to.

Much as I am anto monarchy they still have tremendous support in the Uk.

Loads of Royalists in Wales. I'm quite ambivalent to it all.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 18:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024