Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club DNA 14:23 - Sep 21 with 978 viewsTomsyard

Just read the Brighton managers press conf. before their European game tonight and he said the club need to retain its DNA. It’s got them into the premier league and Europe so they’d be mad to change so how does this compare to us when the manager says last season was ‘excessive’ and that the games moved on from the’Swansea Way’ and says he’s trying to bring in a different way of playing that currently is, it appears, nowhere near what has brought us success. I want to see the ball on the grass moved through the thirds with technically proficient players not played down the channel as we saw the other night for Cullen to chase after to have a push and shove contest with a big defender. We’re in serious danger of becoming just like most of the other teams outside of the premier league. Then again perhaps I’m missing something and the manager is getting it right.
Club DNA on 17:15 - Sep 21 with 890 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The evidence strongly suggests the manager definitely isn’t getting it right.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Club DNA on 11:19 - Sep 23 with 726 viewsdobjack2

I thought he said that his plan was to be more progressive and forward thinking in possession.

I have no idea what he is trying to do. He appears to be running the players into the ground in training to play a pressing game but we appear to have lost all our footballing ability in the meantime. It would appear that the players don't get it either or if they do they don't believe in it.

Wrong man for the job IMHO, the issue will be finding someone that believes in our DNA and can restore it.

I'm not convinced Watson believes either, which would be just as big a problem.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 11:25]
Club DNA on 11:27 - Sep 23 with 719 viewsjack247

Club DNA on 11:19 - Sep 23 by dobjack2

I thought he said that his plan was to be more progressive and forward thinking in possession.

I have no idea what he is trying to do. He appears to be running the players into the ground in training to play a pressing game but we appear to have lost all our footballing ability in the meantime. It would appear that the players don't get it either or if they do they don't believe in it.

Wrong man for the job IMHO, the issue will be finding someone that believes in our DNA and can restore it.

I'm not convinced Watson believes either, which would be just as big a problem.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 11:25]

I think he means long diagonal balls for the likes of Lowe and Ginelly to outpace fullbacks. Forward thinking seems like a more palatable way of saying direct.

No idea about Watson, Luton weren’t the most aesthetic team, but it’s pretty clear the players still either don’t believe in it or can’t get to grips with it.
Club DNA on 11:46 - Sep 23 with 697 viewsSullutaCreturned

Club DNA on 11:27 - Sep 23 by jack247

I think he means long diagonal balls for the likes of Lowe and Ginelly to outpace fullbacks. Forward thinking seems like a more palatable way of saying direct.

No idea about Watson, Luton weren’t the most aesthetic team, but it’s pretty clear the players still either don’t believe in it or can’t get to grips with it.

I don't think there is any ONE right way to play football, it's where I always disagred with Martin.

The best teams can and will play the tiki taka but will go long when it's needed. I have seen Barca and Man City hit long balls and lump it into row Z when needed, granted it didn't/doesn't happen often but it does happen.

I don't want to watch "ave it" football all the time but whatever style you play, it's never good or entertaining if you're not winning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024