Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view on today's game 18:26 - Sep 23 with 4489 viewsmagicdaps10

Was pretty crap once again but hopefully it does the confidence good.

When we went 2-0 up the football, passing and control came.......it was dogshiite up to that.
We got away with it in the 10 minute spell from Wednesday in the second half but make no bones about it....Wednesday are dreadful.

Think this was a result more for the confidence.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

My view on today's game on 18:46 - Sep 23 with 3670 viewsFireboy2

Your last sentence is spot on daps.

If we had held on for a win on Tuesday we would have hammered Weds.
My view on today's game on 19:24 - Sep 23 with 3588 viewsmagicdaps10

My view on today's game on 18:46 - Sep 23 by Fireboy2

Your last sentence is spot on daps.

If we had held on for a win on Tuesday we would have hammered Weds.

To be fair, when the 3rd goal went in.....i think the players done the right thing and started saying keep ball.
It was clear that the players were comfortable doing this and it was like a training sense and you could see the confidence come flying back.........evem the steady Eddie full back Pedersen was showing a forward thinking intent.

Massive gripe for me today was Patino, took his goal superbly but he holds onto the ball far too long, takes too many touches and the quicker Liam Walsh gets fit and hopefully stays fit the better, think Walsh is a far better fit in there.

I am hoping the confidence took a massive step today and Duff seen what we were doing with the ball at feet and was impressed with the fluidity in our passing to realise that this needs to be part of this club.....the fans appreciation to it is also something I think should have raised his interest.

My view on today's game on 20:00 - Sep 23 with 3540 viewsvetchonian

My view on today's game on 19:24 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

To be fair, when the 3rd goal went in.....i think the players done the right thing and started saying keep ball.
It was clear that the players were comfortable doing this and it was like a training sense and you could see the confidence come flying back.........evem the steady Eddie full back Pedersen was showing a forward thinking intent.

Massive gripe for me today was Patino, took his goal superbly but he holds onto the ball far too long, takes too many touches and the quicker Liam Walsh gets fit and hopefully stays fit the better, think Walsh is a far better fit in there.

I am hoping the confidence took a massive step today and Duff seen what we were doing with the ball at feet and was impressed with the fluidity in our passing to realise that this needs to be part of this club.....the fans appreciation to it is also something I think should have raised his interest.

you don't think the passing we saw all game wasn't part of Duffs instructions

We hardly hoofed today we were looking to play it out from the back mostly but mixed it up especially if we were under pressure.
If I were Duff I'd walk as he us onto a hiding to nothing.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

My view on today's game on 20:04 - Sep 23 with 3528 viewsjack247

My view on today's game on 20:00 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

We hardly hoofed today we were looking to play it out from the back mostly but mixed it up especially if we were under pressure.

See how we get on at Milwall. If we beat them, he’ll deserve credit and people will start to think he’s turned a corner.

Managers with 6 points from 8 games don’t tend to walk away.
My view on today's game on 20:04 - Sep 23 with 3527 viewsmagicdaps10

I have no doubt it wasn't a Duff instruction.

Duff won't walk, he won't want to lose his pay off.

My view on today's game on 20:07 - Sep 23 with 3513 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at Duff on the pitch after the game, there is no way he will walk.
My view on today's game on 20:08 - Sep 23 with 3499 viewsmagicdaps10

My view on today's game on 20:04 - Sep 23 by jack247

See how we get on at Milwall. If we beat them, he’ll deserve credit and people will start to think he’s turned a corner.

Managers with 6 points from 8 games don’t tend to walk away.

Being fair, he will be looking at 4 points from 6 as a springboard and will be really encouraged personally as I would be in his shoes.

My view on today's game on 20:13 - Sep 23 with 3477 viewsjack247

My view on today's game on 20:08 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

Being fair, he will be looking at 4 points from 6 as a springboard and will be really encouraged personally as I would be in his shoes.

From his point of view, today couldn’t have gone any better.

Yes and if he manages to use it as a springboard, all credit to him and the heat will die down pretty quickly. I have my doubts, but I’d rather him turn it round than us have to pay his team off and recruit someone else. I just don’t think he will.
Login to get fewer ads

My view on today's game on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 3460 viewsRhonddaSwans

The momentum in the game swung at 1-0 for sure but we overcome it for the first time.
Some of the moves today were out of sync but with time we will click.

Jerry looked like superman when he come on, Lowe is the stella player we need to knit this all together.

We won 3 nil today , if that cross bar Sheffield chance went I bet we would of caved 100%

But the team needed this to be shown their hard yards in training are taking effect.
We need a big team scalp now and we will all be Duffs black and white army.

This win today has lifted a weight off me!
Lets push on now and build in this!

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

My view on today's game on 20:25 - Sep 23 with 3453 viewsBryanSwan

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have seen 7 really poor performances, some of which were against bottom end sides. Followed by a win which was only really convincing in the last say 30 minutes.

There are a lot tougher games ahead now wth the next bottom of the table run coming in December.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

My view on today's game on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 3429 viewsRhonddaSwans

My view on today's game on 20:25 - Sep 23 by BryanSwan

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have seen 7 really poor performances, some of which were against bottom end sides. Followed by a win which was only really convincing in the last say 30 minutes.

There are a lot tougher games ahead now wth the next bottom of the table run coming in December.

7 games at this level look at Plymouth scoring 5 today.
Try betting in this league it leaves you in a hole!

My view on today's game on 21:01 - Sep 23 with 3335 viewsmagicdaps10

In my personal opinion I am sure but it's just my opinion.

I don't dislike him, i just haven't seen any gameplan with how he wants us to play.
Lets not kid ourselves here, we were shocking first half, got let off the hook for 10 mins in the 2nd half and hit them very well whilst they could smell a goal and pushed for it.

My view on today's game on 21:13 - Sep 23 with 3293 viewsTreforys_Jack

My view on today's game on 19:24 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

You're having a little dig at Patino, seriously? Thought he was excellent, actually tries things, looks forwards, a bit lightweight at the moment, but that's to be expected.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:55]
My view on today's game on 21:14 - Sep 23 with 3290 viewsvetchonian

My view on today's game on 21:01 - Sep 23 by magicdaps10

In my personal opinion I am sure but it's just my opinion.

I don't dislike him, i just haven't seen any gameplan with how he wants us to play.
Lets not kid ourselves here, we were shocking first half, got let off the hook for 10 mins in the 2nd half and hit them very well whilst they could smell a goal and pushed for it.

My opinion we saw a gameplan today its about getting the ball forwards and attacking.

As has been said before everyone is entitled to their opinion
Yet it seems Duff is not allowed time to bring his plan to fruition ..double standard's

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

My view on today's game on 21:18 - Sep 23 with 3273 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game. Nice win.
Rushworth - Decent, starting to gain confidence. Finding team mates rather than touch now.
Wood - Injured early
Darling(. on for Wood) - I thought he was outstanding. Won almost everything, passing was good.
Cabango- Excellent.
Key- A reasonable game, ball watches a lot. He will learn.
Pedersen - Had a very good game. Won most things and was an attacking threat.
Grimes- Far less went through him today than in any game over the last few seasons. Duff instructions I would say.
Patino - tries to move it forward, lost it a few times, but chased people down. Will be an asset.
Ginnelly - Hot and cold. Had a few good runs but also lost the ball easily. He will frustrate.
Yates (on for Ginnelly 40 mins) - He put a good shift in, closed them down lots, deserved a goal.
Cullen - Did what was needed, closing, harrying, being a nuisance.
Paterson - Best half (2nd) for ages. Another who put a shift in.
Lowe - Seems to have lost a few yards of pace and continually lost the ball. A lad behind does stats and he said Lowe lost possession more than any other player. He came good for ten important minutes and was involved in the second and third goals. But frustrating to watch beforehand.
Fulton and Tymon - Both had 20 minutes, decent.

First half - Two poor teams, but Sheffield set out to kick lumps out of us. Six or seven big bruiser players, together with a ref who watched them kick and push us to the ground, letting them get away with it time after time.

Second half - I thought we played well. We kept possession, playing some nice football.
They hit the bar but didn’t do much else.
We could have had five or six on another day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

My view on today's game on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 3275 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who has bothered to take the time to look at the way Barnsley played under Duff will recognise completely that the way we played today (in parts) is closer to what he wants than we have been.

The "Hoofball!" shyte doing the rounds is just the reaction from hysterical little babies crying that he's not pouring lies into their ears like his predecessor did.

Duff teams do try to get the ball forward quickly. 4/5 passes to the danger area rather than 20/30 as we saw under the fraud. Once they get into the last third there's a definite effort to play quick, interchange passes to create space around the box, which we've seen in bits in most games this season, but nowhere near well enough.

The biggest problem so far this year is an obvious one, and was obvious even at the time he left despite people trying to downplay his importance to us and what Duff was planning for the season to come. We simply don't have a replacement for Ntcham. A midfield of Grimes and Fulton simply doesn't offer anything like what we need going forward. There were glimpses today that a Grimes/Patino/Paterson combo is closer to the mark, but it's definitely an area for improvement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My view on today's game on 21:24 - Sep 23 with 3255 viewsRhonddaSwans

My view on today's game on 21:19 - Sep 23 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who has bothered to take the time to look at the way Barnsley played under Duff will recognise completely that the way we played today (in parts) is closer to what he wants than we have been.

The "Hoofball!" shyte doing the rounds is just the reaction from hysterical little babies crying that he's not pouring lies into their ears like his predecessor did.

Duff teams do try to get the ball forward quickly. 4/5 passes to the danger area rather than 20/30 as we saw under the fraud. Once they get into the last third there's a definite effort to play quick, interchange passes to create space around the box, which we've seen in bits in most games this season, but nowhere near well enough.

The biggest problem so far this year is an obvious one, and was obvious even at the time he left despite people trying to downplay his importance to us and what Duff was planning for the season to come. We simply don't have a replacement for Ntcham. A midfield of Grimes and Fulton simply doesn't offer anything like what we need going forward. There were glimpses today that a Grimes/Patino/Paterson combo is closer to the mark, but it's definitely an area for improvement.

I never said we were playing hoofball
I did say if we were playing hoofball and won I wouldn't care.

We have made progress today by a fine margin thank god!

We are getting stronger but we are still shakey at the back not as bad as russball.
If we were playing the scum next week we would smash them

My view on today's game on 22:17 - Sep 23 with 3155 viewsKilkennyjack

My view on today's game on 21:18 - Sep 23 by builthjack

Just back from the game. Nice win.
Rushworth - Decent, starting to gain confidence. Finding team mates rather than touch now.
Wood - Injured early
Darling(. on for Wood) - I thought he was outstanding. Won almost everything, passing was good.
Cabango- Excellent.
Key- A reasonable game, ball watches a lot. He will learn.
Pedersen - Had a very good game. Won most things and was an attacking threat.
Grimes- Far less went through him today than in any game over the last few seasons. Duff instructions I would say.
Patino - tries to move it forward, lost it a few times, but chased people down. Will be an asset.
Ginnelly - Hot and cold. Had a few good runs but also lost the ball easily. He will frustrate.
Yates (on for Ginnelly 40 mins) - He put a good shift in, closed them down lots, deserved a goal.
Cullen - Did what was needed, closing, harrying, being a nuisance.
Paterson - Best half (2nd) for ages. Another who put a shift in.
Lowe - Seems to have lost a few yards of pace and continually lost the ball. A lad behind does stats and he said Lowe lost possession more than any other player. He came good for ten important minutes and was involved in the second and third goals. But frustrating to watch beforehand.
Fulton and Tymon - Both had 20 minutes, decent.

First half - Two poor teams, but Sheffield set out to kick lumps out of us. Six or seven big bruiser players, together with a ref who watched them kick and push us to the ground, letting them get away with it time after time.

Second half - I thought we played well. We kept possession, playing some nice football.
They hit the bar but didn’t do much else.
We could have had five or six on another day.

Great post.

Football is called a confidence game for a reason, so hopefully some better days ahead.

In Huw we trust.

Beware of the Risen People

My view on today's game on 22:21 - Sep 23 with 3132 viewsWhiterockin

Nice to have you back Dr.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:22]
My view on today's game on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 3088 viewsJust_Dave

Agree 100%. Based on today we are not a long ball team
My view on today's game on 22:35 - Sep 23 with 3066 viewsDr_Winston

We are, in reality, probably looking at a similar style to the one Cooper opted for as manager here. Whilst that might not be thrilling, and certainly playing the channels can under no circumstances be classed as "sexy" football, it was a helluva lot more effective than anything the Brighton Bullsh*tter served up.

I don't know if Duff will succeed. Injuries won't help his cause. His abrasive style will upset some people (frankly I'm in the camp that thinks more people need to be told to f*ck off) and we simply haven't played well enough so far this season for him to have much in terms of leeway.

It is quite telling however that his biggest critics, those who are in the main demanding that he be sacked this early in the season have a significant number of people who would have dived in front of a bullet for Russell Martin last season in their ranks.

It's almost as if they're desperately hoping that he'll fail.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My view on today's game on 22:36 - Sep 23 with 3065 viewsDr_Winston

My view on today's game on 22:21 - Sep 23 by Whiterockin

Nice to have you back Dr.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:22]

Just fancied some time out.

My view on today's game on 22:54 - Sep 23 with 3027 viewsFireboy2

Great to see you back Doc 👍
My view on today's game on 05:00 - Sep 24 with 2865 viewsjack247

The way we played today, in all likelihood would have seen us beaten by most of the teams we’ve played so far. Obviously I knew Wednesday were struggling, but was surprised at how poor they were.

Last half hour in particular I was cringing for them. Trying to play it out like we used to, with two old school centre backs who clearly couldn’t do it and without much help from their midfield. They’d have made anyone look superb. In fairness, the two goals were well constructed (great touches from Paterson and Lowe) and very well finished.

The points are welcome and it’s a great boost for Duff and the players, but let’s not pretend we’ve turned a corner. Milwall, Norwich, Plymouth up next. That should be a reasonable indication of where we are. If we are holding our own and pick up 5 or 6 points there, even 4 arguably, then I’m sure views on Duff will start to change.
My view on today's game on 07:52 - Sep 24 with 2788 viewsHeadmaster

The biggest problem we have this season is Michael Duff as manager and Paul Watson’s wet dream of turning us into Luton.

That’s not because it’s “hoofball”, it’s because the football is simply shite to watch. But we beat the worst team in the league, so he’s bought some time with our fickle fans until he inevitably loses again, and the cycle continues.

Get them out. Now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024