Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2024 General Election 14:36 - Oct 10 with 12965 viewsjohnlangy

If Labour do win the 2024 General Election they will find themselves in a very strange situation regarding what they are able to achieve, at least in the short term.

People always want big, bold statements regarding huge investments in infrastructure, house building, energy developments to relieve our dependancy on other countries oil/gas and so on.

But I was struck by something Peter Kyle said yesterday. Labour will I’m sure make some major policy announcements but he also said this. Paraphrasing, he said it is shameful but it would be a huge achievement to get to a place where people could get an appointment with their GP, to get their NHS treatment that they’ve been waiting on for X years or to get a dental appointment.

He could have also said it would be an amazing achievement if, when people are mugged or their house is burgled that the police would turn up to investigate.

It’s a dreadful situation for the country to be in that the basic pillars of a civilised society aren’t there any more.

I’ve mentioned health but then there’s education (how many thousands of teachers are needed to fill all the vacancies which means our children’s education is suffering ?). And policing (see above) – the service is 20,000 officers short. No wonder the streets are becoming lawless. Then there’s the Prison Service and the CPS. It is all an utter shambles.

As far as I can see it all of this is down to one thing and that’s the austerity that the Conservatives have imposed on the country since 2010. They cut back massively in all departments in order to ‘bring the countries enormous debt down’. They asked that people accept the need for this pain and go along with it and that there was no other way to achieve the goal.

And after the pain of all that austerity where are we now ? In 2010 the debt was less than £1 trillion. It is now £2.6 trillion.

If they have cut back so enormously on spending, which by extension means that they were also able to cut back on borrowing, could someone explain to me where all this debt has come from ?
The 2024 General Election on 08:54 - Oct 21 with 837 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 21:16 - Oct 20 by raynor94

Sorry, never heard it at the Liberty

And the evidence mounts, taking a leaf out of Drakefords book eh, Builthy
The 2024 General Election on 10:52 - Oct 21 with 799 viewsonehunglow

Listening to what?
Have I missed summat?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2024 General Election on 12:27 - Oct 21 with 770 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 08:54 - Oct 21 by SullutaCreturned

And the evidence mounts, taking a leaf out of Drakefords book eh, Builthy

Are you calling me a liar?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2024 General Election on 18:07 - Oct 21 with 719 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 12:27 - Oct 21 by builthjack

Well did you hear the little ditty today, yes or no.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 2024 General Election on 21:20 - Oct 21 with 677 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 18:07 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

Well did you hear the little ditty today, yes or no.

Sheffield obviously hate the Tories far more than Leicester.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2024 General Election on 21:38 - Oct 21 with 669 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 21:20 - Oct 21 by builthjack

Sheffield obviously hate the Tories far more than Leicester.

And Swansea.

The 2024 General Election on 09:58 - Oct 22 with 589 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 12:27 - Oct 21 by builthjack

Calling you a liar, is that an admission that Drakeford is a liar then?

Anyway, the fact is you are the only person on here saying these words have been sung, and sung by thousands of people many times. if that s true then how come nobody lese has heard it?
Far be it from me to call you a liar though, lets go with you're mistaken, there must be a song that sounds like the words you think you heard.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the game, my son was ill, but nobody else reports hearing it.
This is the kind of nonsense that erupts when we bring politics into sport, maybe the best lesson is leave politics at home and when at the game just support the team.
The 2024 General Election on 10:10 - Oct 22 with 585 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 09:58 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

Anyway, the fact is you are the only person on here saying these words have been sung, and sung by thousands of people many times. if that s true then how come nobody lese has heard it?
Far be it from me to call you a liar though, lets go with you're mistaken, there must be a song that sounds like the words you think you heard.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the game, my son was ill, but nobody else reports hearing it.
This is the kind of nonsense that erupts when we bring politics into sport, maybe the best lesson is leave politics at home and when at the game just support the team.

I can confirm 100% this was not sung at the stadium yesterday and I haven't heard it sung this season. Possibly the Welsh are not that bothered, after the mess Labour is making in Wales it's understandable.

Login to get fewer ads

The 2024 General Election on 10:16 - Oct 22 with 582 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 10:10 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

I can confirm 100% this was not sung at the stadium yesterday and I haven't heard it sung this season. Possibly the Welsh are not that bothered, after the mess Labour is making in Wales it's understandable.

What was or wasn’t sung ?

The 2024 General Election on 10:18 - Oct 22 with 582 viewsonehunglow

When Labour are elected,will the insouciant,committee Tories find it within themselves to call them to account.
Not sure they would

Johnson has killed them

The 2024 General Election on 10:21 - Oct 22 with 580 viewsWhiterockin

The 2024 General Election on 10:16 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

What was or wasn’t sung ?

A tories out chant. If I am to be polite Builthie was exaggerating.

The 2024 General Election on 10:35 - Oct 22 with 574 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 10:21 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

This is why we should keep politics out of sport. When you have rabid supporters of either party it'll only end in arguments. Football should be an escape from the everyday shite.

PS, I am NOT calling any individual on here rabid, it is a generalisation.
The 2024 General Election on 11:06 - Oct 22 with 553 viewsbuilthjack

It was not sung yesterday. But was at previous games. Sheff Wed as an example. I would think they are mostly Labour up North.
If anyone wants to call me a liar I am more than happy to meet for a “chat” and ask you to say it to my face.

The 2024 General Election on 11:15 - Oct 22 with 551 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 11:06 - Oct 22 by builthjack

It was not sung yesterday. But was at previous games. Sheff Wed as an example. I would think they are mostly Labour up North.
If anyone wants to call me a liar I am more than happy to meet for a “chat” and ask you to say it to my face.

Nobody's called you a liar but I am happy to say you are mistaken. I didn't hear it at the Wednesday game though I did hear the away end hurling abuse at their ownership.

I'm sure we'll meet one day and ifI've still never heard it being sung, I'll say so. Who knows, maybe it's me who is mistaken and maybe one day somebody else will hear it being sung.
The 2024 General Election on 11:23 - Oct 22 with 540 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 09:58 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

So you are calling me a liar. I do not lie. Never do.
As I said, if you want a chat, let me know.

The 2024 General Election on 11:31 - Oct 22 with 528 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 11:23 - Oct 22 by builthjack

So you are calling me a liar. I do not lie. Never do.
As I said, if you want a chat, let me know.

No, I didn't call you a liar. But you took it that way, that's up to you. The fact remains you are the only person on here who has heard this being sung so unfortunately you are mistaken.

No doubt we'll meet one day.
The 2024 General Election on 11:36 - Oct 22 with 523 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 11:31 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

No, I didn't call you a liar. But you took it that way, that's up to you. The fact remains you are the only person on here who has heard this being sung so unfortunately you are mistaken.

No doubt we'll meet one day.

About 3 or 4 of you.
Yes, we will meet.

The 2024 General Election on 11:40 - Oct 22 with 522 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 11:36 - Oct 22 by builthjack

About 3 or 4 of you.
Yes, we will meet.

Yes but only ONE person claims to have heard it. It's Ok to be wrong, Builthy, don't let it get under your skin. This is a PUBLIC forum after all.

PS, I'll say it again, keep politics out f football.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 11:44]
The 2024 General Election on 11:54 - Oct 22 with 510 viewsbuilthjack

The 2024 General Election on 11:40 - Oct 22 by SullutaCreturned

Yes but only ONE person claims to have heard it. It's Ok to be wrong, Builthy, don't let it get under your skin. This is a PUBLIC forum after all.

PS, I'll say it again, keep politics out f football.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 11:44]

If I am wrong about something I will always admit it. Always.
Anyone that knows me knows that.
If I am right about something I will always stand by it.Always.

The 2024 General Election on 12:02 - Oct 22 with 507 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Perhaps instead of “tories out” the crowd had noticed the keeper off his line and were shouting “score he’s out!”?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 2024 General Election on 12:06 - Oct 22 with 499 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 2024 General Election on 11:54 - Oct 22 by builthjack

If I am wrong about something I will always admit it. Always.
Anyone that knows me knows that.
If I am right about something I will always stand by it.Always.

And it's not possible you are mistaken? Do you never make mistakes? Just frget it Builthy, is it really worht the effort?

When we meet I'll buy you a beer and you can call me a tory if you like, I wont take offence. Call me lots of other stuff too if you want
The 2024 General Election on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 484 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 10:21 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

It’s as bad as Celtic then and their filthy political agenda
WTF have the Tories to do with football.
It’s a vote winner for Labour though,being the party of the “ working man”

The 2024 General Election on 12:53 - Oct 22 with 468 viewspencoedjack

The 2024 General Election on 12:41 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

It’s as bad as Celtic then and their filthy political agenda
WTF have the Tories to do with football.
It’s a vote winner for Labour though,being the party of the “ working man”

It is laughable
The 2024 General Election on 13:02 - Oct 22 with 465 viewsonehunglow

The 2024 General Election on 12:53 - Oct 22 by pencoedjack

It is laughable

And at Anfield yesterday….God Save Gaza .

And they all deny anti semitism

The 2024 General Election on 13:55 - Oct 22 with 446 viewsTogg

The 2024 General Election on 13:02 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

And at Anfield yesterday….God Save Gaza .

And they all deny anti semitism

Odd that cause he never played for them...
I'll get me coat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024