Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary 08:59 - Nov 13 with 2957 viewsonehunglow

Rather unusual .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:19 - Nov 13 with 2229 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m trying to rack my brains for the last time a non MP got parachuted into such a lofty position. Peter Mandelson perhaps?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:25 - Nov 13 with 2223 viewsonehunglow

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:19 - Nov 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m trying to rack my brains for the last time a non MP got parachuted into such a lofty position. Peter Mandelson perhaps?

Yiu could well be right.
They will make Cameron a Lord.

I have much bile for him for giving us a referendum that he never thought would see a leave vote .
He got out of town quick before the flack hit .

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:32 - Nov 13 with 2211 viewsmax936

Seems to me that Sunak is running out of options, another poised to follow May, BJ and Truss chucked out onto the scrap heap and we'll have another unelected PM, before the next GE.

Hunt intent on hitting the vulnerable and the disabled then, easy targets aren't they, needs to look closer at his Tory benefactors and see what they are continuing to hide and cheat the system. This is the most reckless useless Government I've ever known.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67385385

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:41 - Nov 13 with 2204 viewsonehunglow

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:32 - Nov 13 by max936

Seems to me that Sunak is running out of options, another poised to follow May, BJ and Truss chucked out onto the scrap heap and we'll have another unelected PM, before the next GE.

Hunt intent on hitting the vulnerable and the disabled then, easy targets aren't they, needs to look closer at his Tory benefactors and see what they are continuing to hide and cheat the system. This is the most reckless useless Government I've ever known.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67385385

I don’t see things as you do Stev.
I just believe they are utterly insouciant even though Polls suggest next election will see them blitzed .
Nobody should expect a Starmer govt to assuage our fears as his band of brothers are just as divided .It’s just now they don’t have to do anything to win an election simply to keep Schaumburg and let them eat themselves .

People would like to see some fire in the eyes and neither Starmer nor Sunak has it.

May was the worst though but I do admit to having a more carnal view of her

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:53 - Nov 13 with 2198 viewsmax936

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:41 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

I don’t see things as you do Stev.
I just believe they are utterly insouciant even though Polls suggest next election will see them blitzed .
Nobody should expect a Starmer govt to assuage our fears as his band of brothers are just as divided .It’s just now they don’t have to do anything to win an election simply to keep Schaumburg and let them eat themselves .

People would like to see some fire in the eyes and neither Starmer nor Sunak has it.

May was the worst though but I do admit to having a more carnal view of her

There's no one in any party, who will put the Country first, its all about a power and prestige, there's a word for them all, their are all full of their own self interests and wealth.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 12:17 - Nov 13 with 2130 viewsonehunglow

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 10:53 - Nov 13 by max936

There's no one in any party, who will put the Country first, its all about a power and prestige, there's a word for them all, their are all full of their own self interests and wealth.

Indeed mate
Nobody with any sense of public duty

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:20 - Nov 13 with 2109 viewsBoundy

Never has Cromwell's speech to Parliament all those years ago been so relevant today , I include Cardiff's branch of incompetents

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go! "

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:31 - Nov 13 with 2106 viewstheloneranger

How quickly Rishi has forgotten Cameron being involved in the "Greensill Capital" and "Panama Papers" scandals.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:43 - Nov 13 with 2099 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:20 - Nov 13 by Boundy

Never has Cromwell's speech to Parliament all those years ago been so relevant today , I include Cardiff's branch of incompetents

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

This is a powerful speech and is oft quoted but always for the wrong reasons. The speech portrays him as a protector of parliament and democracy and good behaviour but what he’s actually doing is dissolving the parliament by gunpoint and replacing them with a small hand picked selection of his loyal religious nut job army mates.

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 14:10 - Nov 13 with 2079 viewsBoundy

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:43 - Nov 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

This is a powerful speech and is oft quoted but always for the wrong reasons. The speech portrays him as a protector of parliament and democracy and good behaviour but what he’s actually doing is dissolving the parliament by gunpoint and replacing them with a small hand picked selection of his loyal religious nut job army mates.

All of which is true but regardless of his motives ( which were divisive in the extreme) I couldn't think of any other speech /moment in our history which sums up todays politics. PPE , Expenses ,scandals jobs for the boys & girls, etc

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 17:18 - Nov 13 with 1992 viewsSgorioFruit

David Cameron being appointed today just shows the level of desperation.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 17:41 - Nov 13 with 1954 viewscontroversial_jack

To those who said the EU wasn’t democratic, Cameron isn’t even an MP
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:03 - Nov 13 with 1951 viewsfelixstowe_jack

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 17:41 - Nov 13 by controversial_jack

Bit like Russian then nobody in Russia is elected.
All 28 EU commissioners are appointed not elected as is the EU President.

Even in the USA none of the main secretary of States are appointed from the Senate or Congress they are Presidential appointments.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 18:08]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 1932 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 14:10 - Nov 13 by Boundy

All of which is true but regardless of his motives ( which were divisive in the extreme) I couldn't think of any other speech /moment in our history which sums up todays politics. PPE , Expenses ,scandals jobs for the boys & girls, etc

The last days of Rome perhaps? 😁

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:25 - Nov 13 with 1929 viewsSullutaCreturned

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 17:18 - Nov 13 by SgorioFruit

David Cameron being appointed today just shows the level of desperation.

It ould only be worse if they brought Osborne back too.
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:29 - Nov 13 with 1926 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:25 - Nov 13 by SullutaCreturned

It ould only be worse if they brought Osborne back too.

He’s far too busy playing with Balls. Ed that is. Actually a surprisingly good podcast.

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:37 - Nov 13 with 1917 viewsmajorraglan

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:03 - Nov 13 by felixstowe_jack

Even in the USA none of the main secretary of States are appointed from the Senate or Congress they are Presidential appointments.

More whataboutery.

This isn’t about Russia, the EU or the US - it’s about the U.K. The tradition in the U.K. is that Ministers in charge of major departments such as the HO or FO are always MP’s, the last non MP to occupy the role of Foreign Minister was Lord Carrington in 1979.

I’m shocked Cameron is back. There was a big cloud over him re the Greensill lobbying and he’s just been parachuted back in. This suggests to me Sunak is in trouble and that he knows it, he’s gone for a consensus figure to build bridges after sacking Braverman and I dare say the I’ll feeling between Noris and Cameron will put Boris on the back foot.

More sleaze.
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:48 - Nov 13 with 1894 viewscontroversial_jack

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:03 - Nov 13 by felixstowe_jack

They are all elected in their respective countries.There’s no other way it can be done. Do you want to vote in the French election.

The US system is hardly one to be emulated. They have the electoral college
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 19:33 - Nov 13 with 1875 viewsJackUlation

It is the doing of Douggie Smith, a very powerful politics person who keeps a very low profile from social media Etc, INFO:Smith helped run Fever Parties for around five years from 1998, which organised sex parties for up to 50 couples per session for rich people in London. so has a lot of dirt to dish, still Sunaks advisor today.
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 20:00 - Nov 13 with 1851 viewsbuilthjack

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 17:41 - Nov 13 by controversial_jack

It just shows that Slimey can’t trust anyone from inside his party to do the job. Poor show. Very poor.
He is digging his grave. Fast.
What do Dougie and the gang think of this I wonder.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 20:04 - Nov 13 with 1845 viewsmajorraglan

I just watched JRM on Channel 4 News, he appeared to be very very happy with todays developments. I suspect Cameron’s return will see the Conservatives try to move back towards to the centre ground and it starting to kick off between the right and centre even more than it has been. Jenkyns has already submitted a letter to the 1922 Committee.
David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 20:10 - Nov 13 with 1838 viewsonehunglow

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 20:00 - Nov 13 by builthjack

It just shows that Slimey can’t trust anyone from inside his party to do the job. Poor show. Very poor.
He is digging his grave. Fast.
What do Dougie and the gang think of this I wonder.

Won’t be long u til you have the government you yearn for.
They will have no effective opposition .
Be afraid
Very afraid

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 21:02 - Nov 13 with 1796 viewsKilkennyjack

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 13:20 - Nov 13 by Boundy

Cromwell was a monster.

The exact death toll of the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland is unknown however their have been different estimates of how many people died from the conflict.

According to William Petty. nearly 618,000 people or about 40% of the country's pre-war population died. Modern estimates put the toll at closer to 20% and their was also some fifty thousand Irish people who were sold as indentured labourers under the English Commonwealth regime.

Rot in hell.

Beware of the Risen People

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 21:05 - Nov 13 with 1795 viewsBoundy

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 18:19 - Nov 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The last days of Rome perhaps? 😁

I did think of posting Maos' misquoted speech " Change must come thru the barrel of a gun " but maybe that would be too radical , or is it ?

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 21:10 - Nov 13 with 1786 viewsbuilthjack

David Cameron …Foreign Secretary on 20:10 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

Won’t be long u til you have the government you yearn for.
They will have no effective opposition .
Be afraid
Very afraid

It will,take years for anyone to put right what this lot have done.
So much damage done by so many.
They are a disgrace to humanity.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024