Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment 08:00 - Dec 6 with 2832 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment 6th Dec 2023 08:00
John Eustace has made it known via Colin Gordon his representative that he will not be interested in any form of head coach / manager role at Swansea City. We understand he is currently contemplating his next move, and Sunderland would be seen as a far bigger challenge. However even on that move he isn’t certain. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:31 - Dec 6 with 2651 viewsWhiterockin

My concern regarding the current ownership model of the club has been obvious to many for a while. Fellow supporters are now also becoming disillusioned with the senior management and are walking away. The sacking of Duff appears to have taken a little pressure off the board, but who employed him the first place. The six months that Coleman has been chairman has not inspired confidence, we seem to be employing more expensive senior management and going backwards. The next appointment of first team manager/head coach is crucial, we need to spend whatever is needed to get the best person in place. Failure again and it will be obvious to all that Coleman and his senior management team are just not up to the job.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:35 - Dec 6 with 2636 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:31 - Dec 6 by Whiterockin

My concern regarding the current ownership model of the club has been obvious to many for a while. Fellow supporters are now also becoming disillusioned with the senior management and are walking away. The sacking of Duff appears to have taken a little pressure off the board, but who employed him the first place. The six months that Coleman has been chairman has not inspired confidence, we seem to be employing more expensive senior management and going backwards. The next appointment of first team manager/head coach is crucial, we need to spend whatever is needed to get the best person in place. Failure again and it will be obvious to all that Coleman and his senior management team are just not up to the job.

Morning.
Times like these ,fans should not be walking away but really supporting the club.
“ should” but people don’t like being upset

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:46 - Dec 6 with 2616 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:35 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

Morning.
Times like these ,fans should not be walking away but really supporting the club.

Some supporters make a lot of effort, travel long distances and make financial sacrifices to support Swansea City. They can not be blamed for walking away, when they see vast amounts of money spent by the club on personnel who are not delivering . The chairman has one shot at this appointment, get it wrong and he is finished.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:56 - Dec 6 with 2606 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:35 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

Morning.

The only logic that I can see at the moment (and there's been almost no logic in decisions they've made so far with ALL the managers they've appointed) is this.

If they were planning on spending a decent amount in January but had decided that they didn't trust Duff with that money (same as they didn't trust RM) then they have to be planning to allow the new manager to spend that money. Appointing him soon would allow him to assess the squad and decide where strengthening is needed.

The only good thing about that is (if i'm correct) that they simply can't appoint the new manager then back out of the spending literally a few weeks later.

Actually the other possibility that occurred to me while writing is that they may be planning on using a large part of that money to give a big contract to a renowned and proven manager. They've already appointed a number of relatively unknown/untried managers and maybe have decided on that different approach.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 2584 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:56 - Dec 6 by johnlangy

The only logic that I can see at the moment (and there's been almost no logic in decisions they've made so far with ALL the managers they've appointed) is this.

If they were planning on spending a decent amount in January but had decided that they didn't trust Duff with that money (same as they didn't trust RM) then they have to be planning to allow the new manager to spend that money. Appointing him soon would allow him to assess the squad and decide where strengthening is needed.

The only good thing about that is (if i'm correct) that they simply can't appoint the new manager then back out of the spending literally a few weeks later.

Actually the other possibility that occurred to me while writing is that they may be planning on using a large part of that money to give a big contract to a renowned and proven manager. They've already appointed a number of relatively unknown/untried managers and maybe have decided on that different approach.

Morning j.
Great reply

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 2549 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:56 - Dec 6 by johnlangy

But is it the coach who brings in the players or Watson and Coleman. We had players coming in during the summer before Duff arrived.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 10:50 - Dec 6 with 2458 viewsshaggyrogers

The senior management team at the club do not fill me with confidence to be able to run it properly let alone find the right fit manager for us.

Coleman - no football experience
Gude - no football experience
G.Davies - Accountant and no interest in football
A.Davies - In charge of facilities

Which leaves Paul Watson who , before going to Luton, had no experience at this level.

I just cannot see how the above are going to find that ' right ' person and if Coleman is going to do it himself then god help us as he has no experience and i doubt any contacts within the game. The rest on the SMT are yes men with little knowledge so Paul Watson better be strong and we just need to pray he gets it right.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 11:00 - Dec 6 with 2437 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 10:50 - Dec 6 by shaggyrogers

The senior management team at the club do not fill me with confidence to be able to run it properly let alone find the right fit manager for us.

Coleman - no football experience
Gude - no football experience
G.Davies - Accountant and no interest in football
A.Davies - In charge of facilities

Which leaves Paul Watson who , before going to Luton, had no experience at this level.

I just cannot see how the above are going to find that ' right ' person and if Coleman is going to do it himself then god help us as he has no experience and i doubt any contacts within the game. The rest on the SMT are yes men with little knowledge so Paul Watson better be strong and we just need to pray he gets it right.

You’d think by now the owners would have had enough and sold.
And yea,be careful what you wish for

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 11:34 - Dec 6 with 2393 viewslifelong

Morning.

Bloody hell.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 11:48 - Dec 6 with 2359 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 11:34 - Dec 6 by lifelong

Bloody hell.

If you don't agree and feel local based fans should walk away then just comment thus
Some posters admit to not being enthused and staying away so, just for a change, rip into them
Stay away from that covid curse too ,Rog
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 12:47]

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 12:08 - Dec 6 with 2329 viewsJACKARSE

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 09:31 - Dec 6 by Whiterockin

I haven't posted in a long time, and I was surprised that they had the balls to sack Duff.
This appointment is crucial to get us up the table and play some attractive and tactically good football.
Maybe Chris Davies is a good shout for the long term, apart from that there is not a lot out there that would rock my boat.

Just a thought, how about paying the bucks to get Potter back until the end of the season.
Gives us some breathing space and hopefully some good tactical football and gets Potter back in the window.
It will buy us some time to find the right longer term fit ?
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:32 - Dec 6 with 2150 viewslifelong

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 11:48 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

If you don't agree and feel local based fans should walk away then just comment thus
Some posters admit to not being enthused and staying away so, just for a change, rip into them
Stay away from that covid curse too ,Rog
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 12:47]

I just found that post slightly ironic since you walked away from the club about 30 years ago.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:36 - Dec 6 with 2131 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:32 - Dec 6 by lifelong

I just found that post slightly ironic since you walked away from the club about 30 years ago.

Try again but this time,post a propos the topic which is why thousands are walking away.
I haven’t which is why I’m wasting my time here with you.

Like it or not,we have something in common.

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 2119 viewslifelong

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:36 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

Try again but this time,post a propos the topic which is why thousands are walking away.
I haven’t which is why I’m wasting my time here with you.

Like it or not,we have something in common.

The only thing I can think of is that we’re both old.👍
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:43 - Dec 6 with 2101 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 13:41 - Dec 6 by lifelong

The only thing I can think of is that we’re both old.👍

Indeed

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:09 - Dec 6 with 2057 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 12:08 - Dec 6 by JACKARSE

I haven't posted in a long time, and I was surprised that they had the balls to sack Duff.
This appointment is crucial to get us up the table and play some attractive and tactically good football.
Maybe Chris Davies is a good shout for the long term, apart from that there is not a lot out there that would rock my boat.

Just a thought, how about paying the bucks to get Potter back until the end of the season.
Gives us some breathing space and hopefully some good tactical football and gets Potter back in the window.
It will buy us some time to find the right longer term fit ?

Nice to hear from you. Got to go for the best this time, it will take cash, but the alternative will result in another summer sacking. The club has a downward trajectory since 2017 bar a few hopeful moments with Cooper and the last twelve games or so under Martin. Both left the club under a cloud, makes you wonder why ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:19 - Dec 6 with 2007 viewsKeithHaynes

Twitter is in meltdown, if it wasn’t shocking that people can’t see how crazy they are being it would be hilarious.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:28 - Dec 6 with 1976 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:19 - Dec 6 by KeithHaynes

Twitter is in meltdown, if it wasn’t shocking that people can’t see how crazy they are being it would be hilarious.

The fans of the future Keith, it's best to avoid.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 15:52 - Dec 6 with 1880 viewsJACKARSE

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:09 - Dec 6 by KeithHaynes

Nice to hear from you. Got to go for the best this time, it will take cash, but the alternative will result in another summer sacking. The club has a downward trajectory since 2017 bar a few hopeful moments with Cooper and the last twelve games or so under Martin. Both left the club under a cloud, makes you wonder why ?

Thanks Keith
100% agree
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 1795 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 14:09 - Dec 6 by KeithHaynes

Agree but where is the cash coming from? Paid off Duff, money needed for players in January. Think it will have to be a free agent so as we don't have to pay compensation to another club.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 17:02 - Dec 6 with 1765 viewsLuther27

I understand where you’re coming from Keith regarding getting the best in but it seems to be the usual problem getting the best to come to Swansea yet alone deal with the bunch of cowboys who own the club.
Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 21:33 - Dec 6 with 1593 viewsReslovenSwan1

I believe there are people in the background who have been around for quite some time. People associated with the academy or kitman perhaps. People like Curtis before he retired. Workers with no aspiration s of promotion but people who love the club and been through thick and thin.

Coleman Watson Gude speak to these people everyday and respect their views.

Steve Cooper might becoming avaiiable and might be attracted for a return if a juicy budget is on offer

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 23:19 - Dec 6 with 1525 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City : One down, but he wasn’t the answer, this needs investment on 21:33 - Dec 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe there are people in the background who have been around for quite some time. People associated with the academy or kitman perhaps. People like Curtis before he retired. Workers with no aspiration s of promotion but people who love the club and been through thick and thin.

Coleman Watson Gude speak to these people everyday and respect their views.

Steve Cooper might becoming avaiiable and might be attracted for a return if a juicy budget is on offer

Cooper will not be returning to us anytime soon.

He may be the next Crystal Palace manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024