Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Drakeford 11:26 - Dec 13 with 13544 viewsraynor94

Has resigned with immediate effect

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mark Drakeford on 15:47 - Mar 24 with 665 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mark Drakeford on 14:37 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

The UN, that wonderful organisation that stands by and watches the genocide in Gaza

What are they supposed to do, send in an army to stop the fighting?

Short of armed intervention, what is anyone else supposed to do but talk to Israel and keep sending aid?

HAMAS is still active, is still doing bad stuff. It's sad but true, Israel will not stop until HAMAS is wiped out and the problem there is, they will always find new soldiers because as Israel kills the innocent, more will flock to HAMAS banner.
Mark Drakeford on 21:24 - Mar 24 with 575 viewsmajorraglan

Mark Drakeford on 15:47 - Mar 24 by SullutaCreturned

Short of armed intervention, what is anyone else supposed to do but talk to Israel and keep sending aid?

HAMAS is still active, is still doing bad stuff. It's sad but true, Israel will not stop until HAMAS is wiped out and the problem there is, they will always find new soldiers because as Israel kills the innocent, more will flock to HAMAS banner.

You’re right, Hamas are still active and doing bad stuff, the Israeli’s are still active and pursuing Hamas on account of the murdering etc and a lot of innocent Palestinians are being caught in the cross fire and killed.
The Israeli’s have also annexed another large tract of land in the West Bank to build more settler houses, this is also fuelling the Palestinians grievances and I don’t think we’ll see a solution any time soon.

Not sure why we’re alkin* about the middle east as this thread was about Drakers.
Mark Drakeford on 21:38 - Mar 24 with 565 viewscontroversial_jack

Mark Drakeford on 15:47 - Mar 24 by SullutaCreturned

Sanction them, stopped sending them weapons, issue an arrest warrant for Satanyahu
Mark Drakeford on 10:21 - Mar 26 with 475 viewsWingstandwood

So the 'relief road' has now been (100%: no if's, no but's) ruled out by Welsh Government minister Ken Skates.

He has mentioned that other road building projects are being "considered" in other parts of Wales, which I guess will be like other previous road building projects that have also been "considered", but never materialised just like the 'relief road'.

The ruinous and useless bunch of F-ing E- yokels in Cardiff Bay have done a lot of "considering" over the last quarter of a century. They have taken Wales where exactly?

The only consolation (and its a major one!) out of this is?.... That there will never, ever be full Wales independence, because of the damage that has been done!

Argus!

Mark Drakeford on 12:04 - Mar 26 with 434 viewsmajorraglan

Mark Drakeford on 10:21 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

So the 'relief road' has now been (100%: no if's, no but's) ruled out by Welsh Government minister Ken Skates.

He has mentioned that other road building projects are being "considered" in other parts of Wales, which I guess will be like other previous road building projects that have also been "considered", but never materialised just like the 'relief road'.

The ruinous and useless bunch of F-ing E- yokels in Cardiff Bay have done a lot of "considering" over the last quarter of a century. They have taken Wales where exactly?

The only consolation (and its a major one!) out of this is?.... That there will never, ever be full Wales independence, because of the damage that has been done!

To be honest, I’m not sure the Transport minister in the WG would ever have the nod on the relief road, it’s going to cost well over £1bn and I don’t think he’d have the budget for it.

A relief road around the Newport is defo required, but it would have to be financed centrally.
Mark Drakeford on 12:18 - Mar 26 with 429 viewsWingstandwood

Mark Drakeford on 12:04 - Mar 26 by majorraglan

To be honest, I’m not sure the Transport minister in the WG would ever have the nod on the relief road, it’s going to cost well over £1bn and I don’t think he’d have the budget for it.

A relief road around the Newport is defo required, but it would have to be financed centrally.

Aye, however got the 'budget' to fund the Cardiff Metro located around the hub of Cardiff central which has rocketed from £260m to (and rising?) £1bn.

You see with an overspend like that there is the real reason why other projects elsewhere have been scrapped, because proven Cardiff-centric government always puts Cardiff top of the list.

And even if Westminster did provide funding? It would be a case of where in Cardiff can we spend all of it on!

Argus!

Mark Drakeford on 13:09 - Mar 26 with 407 viewsWingstandwood

And the guesstimate cost for the metro scheme (Transport of Wales) using the term "circa" was £1 billion, and was referenced as 'approximate' at the time of that £1 billion evaluation.

So do not be surprised if the metro scheme eventually goes over budget even further to the very cost (or over) of?........Yes you have guessed right folks i.e. the cost to build the M4 relief road.

AND? When it comes to grandiose add on's, additional extravagance and shameful waste of vital money we have the right yokels in charge to see just to that.

And they never wanted a relief road anyhow. Because Ken Skates could have issued an arm-twisting statement of future intent in circumstance of Westminster Labour offering to pay for one. There will never ever be a relief road!

Argus!

Mark Drakeford on 14:20 - Mar 26 with 373 viewsWhiterockin

It would be interesting if the Conservatives currently in power, called the bluf and offered to fund the relief road and come the election it was in the manifesto. Would Labour then include it in their manifesto or say it would not be done. Would this then influence voters in Wales or not. It would have very little effect on the general election result, but it may well deter some Welsh voters from voting Labour. If they start playing politics it could become very interesting.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Drakeford on 14:38 - Mar 26 with 354 viewsFlashberryjack

Mark Drakeford on 14:20 - Mar 26 by Whiterockin

It would be interesting if the Conservatives currently in power, called the bluf and offered to fund the relief road and come the election it was in the manifesto. Would Labour then include it in their manifesto or say it would not be done. Would this then influence voters in Wales or not. It would have very little effect on the general election result, but it may well deter some Welsh voters from voting Labour. If they start playing politics it could become very interesting.

The Welsh public have seen exactly what to expect from another Labour government here in Wales, if they haven't made their minds up by now, then there's nothing going to convince them to vote otherwise.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mark Drakeford on 15:14 - Mar 26 with 329 viewsJumpingJackFlash

I would love to see the Labour government in Cardiff kicked out for being utterly useless.

I would also love to see the Conservative government in Westminster kicked out for being utterly useless.

It’s a bit of a dilemma.
Mark Drakeford on 15:29 - Mar 26 with 311 viewsWhiterockin

Mark Drakeford on 15:14 - Mar 26 by JumpingJackFlash

I would love to see the Labour government in Cardiff kicked out for being utterly useless.

I would also love to see the Conservative government in Westminster kicked out for being utterly useless.

It’s a bit of a dilemma.

The second will happen at the next election.

As for labour losing power in the Senedd. The only possible way I can see it happening would be for Plaid to drop the independence nonsense and appeal to the whole of Wales. If they did gain power progressed Wales and showed how Wales could be run effectively and sustainably, then there would be a possibility that their wish for long term independence could sway some voters. Small steps are needed in Wales and the first is to remove Labour.
Mark Drakeford on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 291 viewsDr_Winston

Mark Drakeford on 15:29 - Mar 26 by Whiterockin

The second will happen at the next election.

As for labour losing power in the Senedd. The only possible way I can see it happening would be for Plaid to drop the independence nonsense and appeal to the whole of Wales. If they did gain power progressed Wales and showed how Wales could be run effectively and sustainably, then there would be a possibility that their wish for long term independence could sway some voters. Small steps are needed in Wales and the first is to remove Labour.

If Plaid dropped the Independence nonsense they'd just be Labour, only a weirder version of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mark Drakeford on 15:53 - Mar 26 with 290 viewsWingstandwood

Mark Drakeford on 14:38 - Mar 26 by Flashberryjack

The Welsh public have seen exactly what to expect from another Labour government here in Wales, if they haven't made their minds up by now, then there's nothing going to convince them to vote otherwise.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the next thing they will be pushing for in Cardiff Bay is to have an international standard sized athletics stadium to host a future Commonwealth Games. Last attempt 1994.

Then there was the obvious desperation to build an Olympic sized swimming pool, which seemed to be just as much a 'pathfinder' building project for future aspirations than it was a swimming pool. "We've got the pool, now lets have the stadium".

And why hasn't Cardiff got its own exhibition/convention centre that equals the floorspace of Birmingham N.E.C, but with an accompanying heli-pad aerodrome...... and with a mono rail system that Rhodri Morgan once wanted complete with 'Noddy cars' as described by outraged Labour M.P Llew Smith......Hang on I'd better not give the yokels anymore idea's.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024