Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walesonline 13:01 - Jan 1 with 1977 viewsjohnlangy

You usually find in the football section of Walesonline that the main article is about the team playing at home that day whether it be the Swans or Cardiff.

The exception to this rule appears to be when Cardiff are playing away.
Walesonline on 13:25 - Jan 1 with 1900 viewsunion_jack

It’s always Cardiff first in that online rag. They’re shameless about it.

Unless it’s bad Swans news of course and there it is, prude if place!

And I notice every Cardiff report mentions ‘capital city club’. They really have ‘small man syndrome’.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Walesonline on 13:31 - Jan 1 with 1876 viewsBoundy

Walesonline on 13:25 - Jan 1 by union_jack

It’s always Cardiff first in that online rag. They’re shameless about it.

Unless it’s bad Swans news of course and there it is, prude if place!

And I notice every Cardiff report mentions ‘capital city club’. They really have ‘small man syndrome’.

The parochial backwater rag does it because they know people bit ,fug them.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Walesonline on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 1804 viewsAguycalledJack

Can anybody actually ready that steaming pile of 💩. All the ads that pop up on it.
Walesonline on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 1711 viewsSullutaCreturned

Walesonline on 14:10 - Jan 1 by AguycalledJack

Can anybody actually ready that steaming pile of 💩. All the ads that pop up on it.

Don't forget the absolutely dire quality of the reporting. The people they employ seem to be even less educated than myself. My spelling and grammar isn't great but it's miles better than the average WoL journo.
Walesonline on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 1638 viewsAguycalledJack

Walesonline on 17:46 - Jan 1 by SullutaCreturned

Don't forget the absolutely dire quality of the reporting. The people they employ seem to be even less educated than myself. My spelling and grammar isn't great but it's miles better than the average WoL journo.

Hence my reference to a steaming pile of 💩
Walesonline on 23:16 - Jan 1 with 1500 viewsReslovenSwan1

I grew up with the Western Mail. I read their online pages quite often to see Swans news and what going on in the blue side of the old coalfields.

They are not great and never cover Wales underage football.

They have a love for

"I used to clean Beckham/ Rooney s boots. He sent me a text or two. Now I am a mechanic with Quickfit in Lwynypia".

Not where we want to be really. I prefer to here about active prospects not hard luck stories.

I think the hate towards them is politically motivated with exiles and flag wavers to the fore.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Walesonline on 08:46 - Jan 2 with 1406 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Walesonline on 23:16 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I grew up with the Western Mail. I read their online pages quite often to see Swans news and what going on in the blue side of the old coalfields.

They have a love for

"I used to clean Beckham/ Rooney s boots. He sent me a text or two. Now I am a mechanic with Quickfit in Lwynypia".

Not where we want to be really. I prefer to here about active prospects not hard luck stories.

I think the hate towards them is politically motivated with exiles and flag wavers to the fore.

I think the quality of journalism is particularly poor. If you look at the regular features they include:
The hardest men in rugby
The criminals locked up this month
Where you can buy the best fast food
And a feature on a very expensive house that the majority of people can not afford.
Politically I think there's a failure to hold politicians in Wales to account which is the most important role of the press in a liberal democracy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Walesonline on 09:03 - Jan 2 with 1386 viewsjack247

Walesonline on 17:46 - Jan 1 by SullutaCreturned

That’s the most frustrating thing. You get through all the pop ups and find there’s no substance to the article anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Walesonline on 09:08 - Jan 2 with 1371 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Unfortunately both the South Wales Evening Post and Western Mail are now part of media Wales which is part of the "reach" media group.

They both use have there own online sites but have since merged into the inferior Wales online site which is virtually unusable due to its advert content.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Walesonline on 09:12 - Jan 2 with 1362 viewsjackrmee

Walesonline on 08:46 - Jan 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think the quality of journalism is particularly poor. If you look at the regular features they include:
The hardest men in rugby
The criminals locked up this month
Where you can buy the best fast food
And a feature on a very expensive house that the majority of people can not afford.
Politically I think there's a failure to hold politicians in Wales to account which is the most important role of the press in a liberal democracy.

Criminals locked up this month is always my go to piece

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Walesonline on 09:14 - Jan 2 with 1357 viewsjackrmee

Walesonline on 09:08 - Jan 2 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately both the South Wales Evening Post and Western Mail are now part of media Wales which is part of the "reach" media group.

They both use have there own online sites but have since merged into the inferior Wales online site which is virtually unusable due to its advert content.

Don’t get no pop ups on iPhone/Brave browser relationship

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Walesonline on 09:20 - Jan 2 with 1345 viewsswan_si

Walesonline on 09:14 - Jan 2 by jackrmee

Don’t get no pop ups on iPhone/Brave browser relationship

Same on Samsung, it's got built in ( adblock plus), I just turned it off opened up WOL I can see the adds, turned it back on again and hey presto, gone. Unfortunately the articles are still there.😂
Walesonline on 09:35 - Jan 2 with 1325 viewsjackrmee

Walesonline on 09:20 - Jan 2 by swan_si

Same on Samsung, it's got built in ( adblock plus), I just turned it off opened up WOL I can see the adds, turned it back on again and hey presto, gone. Unfortunately the articles are still there.😂

Android W*nker 😜

Walesonline on 09:48 - Jan 2 with 1309 views1983

BBC Wales, WOL and the likes are utter nonsense leave it for the narrow minded flag waving Basseys in Kardiff

Walesonline on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 1284 viewsonehunglow

They have a love for

I read it sometimes,normally to ear JBG Thomas ,a doyen amongst sports writers albeit rugbynly.
You’ve taken me back 55 years

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walesonline on 10:56 - Jan 2 with 1255 viewsunion_jack

They have a love for

It’s an awful site unashamedly Cardiff centric - especially the football.

Politically, it’s a supporter of WG but you can see the strength of public opinion when they open up the comments section. I reckon that’s a fair reflection of the Welsh public.

Football messages are also quite good, especially seeing the pelters that ParcZeBus gets.😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Walesonline on 11:16 - Jan 2 with 1245 viewsswan_si

Walesonline on 09:35 - Jan 2 by jackrmee

Android W*nker 😜

Hey, who are you calling Android. 🤬
Walesonline on 14:31 - Jan 2 with 1169 viewsRhonddaSwans

I was reading the comments section on there of the game v West Brom.

The Swansea posters there are embarrassing as hell.

Has someone saying the Americans Should have anything bad said about them.
His example was if they were Indian or Chinese no one would as it would be racist.
He also said about the East Stand corner being the 'asbo' corner 😡.

The lads in that corner are the most passionate and the game day would be shite without them

Wales online is rubbish,

Swansea independent is the only good and reliable source of Swans information!

Anyone who goes on Wales online should only ever be making sarcastic comments on there.
(as our Club is treated like a joke there)

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Walesonline on 15:02 - Jan 2 with 1135 viewsswan_si

Walesonline on 14:31 - Jan 2 by RhonddaSwans

I was reading the comments section on there of the game v West Brom.

The Swansea posters there are embarrassing as hell.

Has someone saying the Americans Should have anything bad said about them.
His example was if they were Indian or Chinese no one would as it would be racist.
He also said about the East Stand corner being the 'asbo' corner 😡.

The lads in that corner are the most passionate and the game day would be shite without them

Wales online is rubbish,

Swansea independent is the only good and reliable source of Swans information!

Anyone who goes on Wales online should only ever be making sarcastic comments on there.
(as our Club is treated like a joke there)

It's been called asbo corner for years, it's like a term of endearment, like the west stand is known as the prawn sandwich brigade.
Walesonline on 18:59 - Jan 2 with 1043 viewsRhonddaSwans

Walesonline on 15:02 - Jan 2 by swan_si

It's been called asbo corner for years, it's like a term of endearment, like the west stand is known as the prawn sandwich brigade.

The guy complaining about anti American chants pissed me off.

Calling them all racist basically.

I get it with the term of endearment 😂 I need to calm down sometimes (hence why I like the asbo corner)

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Walesonline on 19:00 - Jan 2 with 1036 viewsonehunglow

Walesonline on 15:02 - Jan 2 by swan_si

Prawns sandwiches.In Swansea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walesonline on 19:01 - Jan 2 with 1036 viewslifelong

I stopped watching BBC Wales sports news sometime ago. I was fed up of cleaning vomit off the tv screen.
Walesonline on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 946 viewsjackrmee

WOL seem to just rearrange a story two or three times, but just word it in different ways and change the headline. So annoying.
Often I read swans news, just to be told what they’ve already said in previous articles, but now all put into a new article, just in a different order. So lazy, just to get clicks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024