Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Bates and the Post Office 10:31 - Jan 2 with 8728 viewsonehunglow

My Gid,the most sickening docu drama I’ve seen in years
Toby Jones simply brilliant as the guy instrumental in exposing this national scandal which saw good people made redundant ,homeless and life savings swallowed by a Post Office so inept and arrogant it’s hard to contemplate.
People died because of this

A must watch

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 12:30 - Jan 3 with 1435 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 11:16 - Jan 3 by Whiterockin

Possibly because they believed "the establishment" who lied instead of individuals who were clearly telling the truth. The television programme has brought the detail of this to the forefront, hopefully there will be major repercussions and heads will roll. Sadly it will be too late for many and will never be able to erase the injustice.

Probably, but surely, it's the job of the police to investigate if there was a crime.They either didn't or were incompetent
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 12:34 - Jan 3 with 1421 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Many of the prosecutions were private, brought by the Post Office without recourse to the police.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:21 - Jan 3 with 1380 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 12:34 - Jan 3 by JumpingJackFlash

Many of the prosecutions were private, brought by the Post Office without recourse to the police.

All prosecutors are private.It's a criminal not civil matter, so they would have had to go through the correct channels. The PO have no authority to do so .
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:05 - Jan 3 with 1361 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:21 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

All prosecutors are private.It's a criminal not civil matter, so they would have had to go through the correct channels. The PO have no authority to do so .

"For 15 years after the roll-out of Horizon, the Post Office – which has private investigation and prosecution powers with no need for police involvement – prosecuted 700 subpostmasters for crimes such as theft and false accounting"
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:16 - Jan 3 with 1342 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:05 - Jan 3 by JumpingJackFlash

"For 15 years after the roll-out of Horizon, the Post Office – which has private investigation and prosecution powers with no need for police involvement – prosecuted 700 subpostmasters for crimes such as theft and false accounting"

This is apparently how it is now

Following full privatisation in 2015 the Royal Mail Group retained its investigative branch and its legal department and continued to prosecute about 150 cases per year as a private prosecutor. While being granted no investigative powers it has regularly undertaken joint investigations with the police and other investigative bodies that do have statutory investigative powers. It was granted access to the Police National Computer system for intelligence and prosecution purposes. It had financial investigators appointed by the National Crime Agency for the purposes of undertaking financial investigations for restraint and confiscation proceedings, and Royal Mail Group was included within the list of “Relevant Public Authorities” under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 designated to grant authorisations for the carrying out of directed surveillance to investigate crime.

We can all bring private prosecutions, but It's shocking how a private company can have access to the police computers
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 20:07 - Jan 3 with 1276 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Strange how the TV program has only concentrated on the period 2012 to 2019.

Wonder why it has not concentrate on the period between 2004 and 2010 when Mr Crozier ran Royal Mail group. During this period the Post Office was part of this group.

He of course left in 2010 to become CEO of ITV and ITV studios which created the series Mr Bates v Post Office .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 21:52 - Jan 3 with 1257 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 20:07 - Jan 3 by felixstowe_jack

Strange how the TV program has only concentrated on the period 2012 to 2019.

Wonder why it has not concentrate on the period between 2004 and 2010 when Mr Crozier ran Royal Mail group. During this period the Post Office was part of this group.

He of course left in 2010 to become CEO of ITV and ITV studios which created the series Mr Bates v Post Office .

Which would be a completely valid point if Adam Crozier hadn't left ITV in 2017.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 22:11 - Jan 3 with 1237 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 09:31 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

Why did the police and CPS take thew case forward?

If a case had been reported to the police, I’d hazard a guess that the Post Office never told the police there were “issues” with the soft ware. The police are duty bound to disclose information they have which undermines a case to the CPS, so if they aren’t informed and are not aware of any issues they have nothing to disclose.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 22:27 - Jan 3 with 1223 viewsscruffyjack

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 23:15 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

Campaign to have her stripped of her CBE.
This award to people like this turns my stomach
I would love to see our whole Honours list scrapped immediately

There is an online petition to remove her CBE.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-paula-vennells-of-her-cbe
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 22:45 - Jan 3 with 1219 viewsonehunglow

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 22:27 - Jan 3 by scruffyjack

There is an online petition to remove her CBE.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-paula-vennells-of-her-cbe

Thanks

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 23:02 - Jan 4 with 1085 viewslifelong

Just spent the evening watching the 4 episodes.

Horrendous,
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 23:28 - Jan 4 with 1063 viewsonehunglow

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 23:02 - Jan 4 by lifelong

Just spent the evening watching the 4 episodes.

Horrendous,

Wifey and me staying up still discussing this
That suicide was near her old family home

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 08:06 - Jan 6 with 984 viewsBoundy

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 23:28 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Wifey and me staying up still discussing this
That suicide was near her old family home

Just heard on the radio that the Post Office , it didn't confirm whether it was investigating individuals or in entirety is under criminal investigation for potential fraud .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 08:46 - Jan 6 with 969 viewsTogg

Look at this bunch of unscrupulous floatsom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12932027/post-office-scandal-itv-dram
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 10:07 - Jan 6 with 932 viewsTogg

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 08:46 - Jan 6 by Togg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12932027/post-office-scandal-itv-dram

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67899189
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 10:18 - Jan 6 with 918 viewsKeithHaynes

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 09:31 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

Why did the police and CPS take thew case forward?

Private prosecution.
The post office have certain powers to do so.
It isn’t always the police fault.

As for RIPA legislation, you need to read up on it better.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 12:00 - Jan 6 with 862 viewsWhiterockin

They should also have all their legal costs refunded.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:19 - Jan 6 with 841 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 08:46 - Jan 6 by Togg

This is the thing that should trouble all of us, all these people are linked, they have either worked together before, were already friends and in some cases were actually family. it's a cosy little self preservation club desiged to keep them in power and out of trouble where the earnings are massive and lies they spout become ever greater and more egregious the closer people get to the truth.

Look at Adam Crozier, he came to Royal mail from the FA where he apparently made a mess and he hadn't been there very long before the stikes started. All he was interested in (in my opinion) was cutting jobs to make short term profits so he could bag a hefty bonus, after those short term profits the problems started to show up. Crozier and Alan leighton were a disaster for Royal Mail but that's not what the propaganda says.

All these people who lied to the inquiry, who tried to cover up the truth to protect themselves and each other, they should be prosecuted and be facing jail time but if I was putting money on it Id say the outcome of the Met investigation would be that prosecutions would be very costly and not in the public interest. That's hy everybody should pay close attention and keep the pressure on. We need to let these people know we've had enough of their chicanery. They continue to live in the lap of luxury while the people they broke and still, well, broke. Some are still in the debt they incurred to ay back the money they didn't owe. Others went to prison and a few committed suicide. The truly guilty in all this deserve nothing less than jail time, naming and shaming and having the same damage inflicted on their lives that they inflicted on thousands of others.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:21 - Jan 6 with 840 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 10:18 - Jan 6 by KeithHaynes

Private prosecution.
The post office have certain powers to do so.
It isn’t always the police fault.

As for RIPA legislation, you need to read up on it better.

I haven't seen the docu, but I believe the Police are now involved, with possible perjury or perverting the course of justice
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 824 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:21 - Jan 6 by controversial_jack

I haven't seen the docu, but I believe the Police are now involved, with possible perjury or perverting the course of justice

Nailed on for perverting the course of justice and perjury as that is absolutely clear. Fraud is also highly likely the more you think about it.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:03 - Jan 6 with 809 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:30 - Jan 6 by Whiterockin

Nailed on for perverting the course of justice and perjury as that is absolutely clear. Fraud is also highly likely the more you think about it.

If it was you or me, we'd be going to prison.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 803 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 14:03 - Jan 6 by SullutaCreturned

If it was you or me, we'd be going to prison.

And it wouldn't take so bloody long to do it.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 17:42 - Jan 6 with 740 viewsTogg

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 13:19 - Jan 6 by SullutaCreturned

This is the thing that should trouble all of us, all these people are linked, they have either worked together before, were already friends and in some cases were actually family. it's a cosy little self preservation club desiged to keep them in power and out of trouble where the earnings are massive and lies they spout become ever greater and more egregious the closer people get to the truth.

Look at Adam Crozier, he came to Royal mail from the FA where he apparently made a mess and he hadn't been there very long before the stikes started. All he was interested in (in my opinion) was cutting jobs to make short term profits so he could bag a hefty bonus, after those short term profits the problems started to show up. Crozier and Alan leighton were a disaster for Royal Mail but that's not what the propaganda says.

All these people who lied to the inquiry, who tried to cover up the truth to protect themselves and each other, they should be prosecuted and be facing jail time but if I was putting money on it Id say the outcome of the Met investigation would be that prosecutions would be very costly and not in the public interest. That's hy everybody should pay close attention and keep the pressure on. We need to let these people know we've had enough of their chicanery. They continue to live in the lap of luxury while the people they broke and still, well, broke. Some are still in the debt they incurred to ay back the money they didn't owe. Others went to prison and a few committed suicide. The truly guilty in all this deserve nothing less than jail time, naming and shaming and having the same damage inflicted on their lives that they inflicted on thousands of others.

That's the best post I've ever read on here. I wish I could have written that because that's exactly how I feel. I've followed this story for years, listened to various individuals and what they have been through and suffered. As somebody who has been self employed for over 30 years. If that would have happened to me, having to find thousands of pounds remortgaging the house etc..it would have been devastating.I would like to think I would have had the fortitude of Mr Bates and said F..you!! I'm going to fight this but who knows? These were everyday people, trying to make a living and were wrongly accused of theft! This could have been any of us. Then you have Paula Vennells
Two million salary and a person of religion..no doubt high Church of England...give me a break. That woman sold her sole to protect the PO Fujitsu and herself. Wheres the Christianity in that?
The people who were wrongly accused, should have compensation meaning they never have to work again. I wouldn't begrudge them a penny. If you can pay bang average high execs millions of pounds just to make people redundant. Then you can find the money to compensate the victims.
Mr Bates and the Post Office on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 723 viewsonehunglow

And the WRU made Angela van den Berg Head of People

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 20:15 - Jan 6 with 683 viewsOhyeah

Mr Bates and the Post Office on 17:57 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

And the WRU made Angela van den Berg Head of People

It was the FAW & chief executive Jonathan Ford for kicked out for it as well...

But who appointed this creature Angela to a Swansea based housing association as a non executive director with perks no doubt....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024