Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Airport 10:18 - Jan 13 with 10476 viewsjohnlangy

I know you're all desperate to use and support our Welsh airport based in RHOOSE.

So here is the list of flights available for your delectation and delight in the coming year.

Ryanair ✈️
4 flights a week to Dublin 🇮🇪
3 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
1 flight a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Faro 🇵🇹
Vueling ✈️
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
KLM ✈️
3 flights a day to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Loganair ✈️
6 flights a week to Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Aer Lingus ✈️
Daily flights to Belfast City ☘️
Balkan Holidays ✈️
Saturday flights to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
TUI ✈️
6 flights a week to Palma 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Dalaman 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Antalya 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Larnaca 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Tunisia 🇹🇳
2 flights a week to Lanzarote 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Paphos 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Ibiza 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Corfu 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Rhodes 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Menorca 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Zante 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
2 flights a week to Kos 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Dubrovnik 🇭🇷
1 flight a week to Kefalonia 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Reus 🇪🇸
1 fight a week to Crete 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Gran Canaria 🇪🇸

Enjoy
Cardiff Airport on 16:05 - Mar 27 with 1143 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 16:41 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The annual accounting losses are only £5m which looks like progress. Hopefully they can start making profits and pay back the loan. It is a transport facilty o for Wales and in my view is essential. A national asset.

It is not unusual to see transport subsidised. Londoners with millions of journeys still cannot charge properly to make a profit and pay for themselves. Fair dodging is rampant.

"Ministers and Transport for London (TfL) agree £250 million in government funding to upgrade London's transport system. I am pleased to be able to inform the House that today (18 December 2023) the government has agreed a capital funding settlement for 2024 with Transport for London ( TfL )"

That is £9 per head for UK taxpayers. Most Welsh never go near the place.
[Post edited 22 Feb 16:44]

Ok, another route has been removed which means greater losses.

Resloven, in the year April 22 - 23 it lost 4.5 million after recieving a grant of 5.3 million from the Senedd, that's almost a 10 million loss.

Further to that it was bought for 52 million but in 2021 it was valued at 15 million, a loss of 37 million and its value may have dropped further, further still after another route collapsing.

How do you know how many Welsh go near London? London has a large Welsh population. Do famiy not visit, do we never use the airports or visit for theatre or sport?

Kilkenny, if we did what you so much desire and rejoined the EU, the Senedd would have to sell the airport and as it is such a basket case, if they couldn't sell it then it may collapse and every penny "invested" in it would be lost.

Strange that Lee Waters isn't worried by CWL losses and he supported the Senedd's ownership given his stance on cars, air triansport is much more polluting but tit's Cardiff and they have different rules to the rest of Wales, eh?
Cardiff Airport on 18:09 - Mar 27 with 1085 viewsGwyn737

I did mention this earlier in thread but I don’t think you can judge the success or not of the project without taking into account the wider money it generates.

Without that information you can’t say whether it’s a waste of taxpayer money or not.

If there was a £5m subsidy in a year but the overall value to the economy is anywhere near the £240m quoted it’s worth every penny.

I dare say the £240m figure will have been put together to show the airport in its best light, but I’m sure even the jobs created would be more that the 5 mill.
Cardiff Airport on 18:29 - Mar 27 with 1064 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 18:09 - Mar 27 by Gwyn737

I did mention this earlier in thread but I don’t think you can judge the success or not of the project without taking into account the wider money it generates.

Without that information you can’t say whether it’s a waste of taxpayer money or not.

If there was a £5m subsidy in a year but the overall value to the economy is anywhere near the £240m quoted it’s worth every penny.

I dare say the £240m figure will have been put together to show the airport in its best light, but I’m sure even the jobs created would be more that the 5 mill.

If you take tomorrow as an example there are under 10 flights out of Cardiff while Bristol has over 60 departing. When I flew out of Cardiff a couple of weeks ago there were 7 scheduled departures and one was cancelled. No airport is sustainable at this level of business.
Cardiff Airport on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 1047 viewsGwyn737

Cardiff Airport on 18:29 - Mar 27 by Whiterockin

If you take tomorrow as an example there are under 10 flights out of Cardiff while Bristol has over 60 departing. When I flew out of Cardiff a couple of weeks ago there were 7 scheduled departures and one was cancelled. No airport is sustainable at this level of business.

I’d just like to see the figures WR.

I don’t feel in a position to say if I think it’s a good idea or not.

From the days you mention that 240m seems a long way out!
Cardiff Airport on 18:40 - Mar 27 with 1033 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 18:33 - Mar 27 by Gwyn737

I’d just like to see the figures WR.

I don’t feel in a position to say if I think it’s a good idea or not.

From the days you mention that 240m seems a long way out!

Average number of departures a day are 8-10. The day we were there it was deserted with staff just hanging about, it got a little busier before we took off but nothing like a "normal" airport.
Cardiff Airport on 18:54 - Mar 27 with 1019 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 18:40 - Mar 27 by Whiterockin

Average number of departures a day are 8-10. The day we were there it was deserted with staff just hanging about, it got a little busier before we took off but nothing like a "normal" airport.

Same experience here flew out 2 weeks ago at 7 in the morning we were the only flight, only 3 more flights were departing that day.

I find it convenient to use, but it must be losing money hand over fist

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Airport on 11:42 - Mar 28 with 902 viewsfelixstowe_jack

837,000 passengers used the airport in 2023 which is slight fall from 2022.
Every other airport in the UK saw passenger numbers increase in 2023 as Air travel is now almost back to pre covoid numbers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Airport on 12:06 - Mar 28 with 869 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 11:42 - Mar 28 by felixstowe_jack

837,000 passengers used the airport in 2023 which is slight fall from 2022.
Every other airport in the UK saw passenger numbers increase in 2023 as Air travel is now almost back to pre covoid numbers.

Consumers went mad after opening up after covid, but they are running out of money. Bristol is very quiet at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Airport on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 849 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 12:06 - Mar 28 by controversial_jack

Consumers went mad after opening up after covid, but they are running out of money. Bristol is very quiet at the moment

Really, do you have a source, a link?

Bristol saw record passenger numbers last year.
Cardiff Airport on 12:54 - Mar 28 with 833 viewsFlashberryjack

Cardiff Airport on 12:46 - Mar 28 by SullutaCreturned

Really, do you have a source, a link?

Bristol saw record passenger numbers last year.

I flew back into Bristol from Egypt about six months ago, it was about 3 in the morning and the place was rammed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cardiff Airport on 16:35 - Mar 28 with 771 viewsTogg

Really. Haven't flown now since October but Brizzle has normally been rammed. Especially by the Welsh. Will hopefully be going out to the land of the sun ☀️😎 in June...so will report back.
Personally I wouldn't drink in an airport costly bar but Mrs T insists on a few New Zealand Sav Blancs. So I feel obliged to join with a few over priced premium beers and old muggins bank account takes another major hit in rip of UK!
[Post edited 28 Mar 16:40]
Cardiff Airport on 18:54 - Mar 28 with 716 viewsraynor94

26 flights leaving before 8 am tomorrow, is that what you call quiet?

Cardiff Airport on 23:32 - Mar 28 with 643 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 18:54 - Mar 28 by raynor94

26 flights leaving before 8 am tomorrow, is that what you call quiet?

Guy who drove us from the car parking place a few weeks ago said it''s been very slow this year. It may pick up as the weather improves.
Cardiff Airport on 23:46 - Mar 28 with 632 viewsmajorraglan

We flew to Spain from Bristol last September and the place was heaving, there was queues at check in, security, no seats left in the departure area, not a seat left in the bars or restaurants - everyone was packed in and it was an awful experience.

We flew from there again last month and it as much better experience, flight was the same time of the day, lots of flights going it at the same time and coming back at the same time but it was much much quieter. The car park was much quieter too.

Passport control on return was a mare on both occasions.

I do find parking at Bristol airport very expensive, much dearer than the bigger airports further afield.
Cardiff Airport on 09:17 - Mar 29 with 544 viewsTogg

Just on Radio Wales now. Flights up to pre pandemic figures and this weekend is looking extremely busy with flights out of the UK..
Cardiff Airport on 09:20 - Mar 29 with 525 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Airport on 16:35 - Mar 28 by Togg

Really. Haven't flown now since October but Brizzle has normally been rammed. Especially by the Welsh. Will hopefully be going out to the land of the sun ☀️😎 in June...so will report back.
Personally I wouldn't drink in an airport costly bar but Mrs T insists on a few New Zealand Sav Blancs. So I feel obliged to join with a few over priced premium beers and old muggins bank account takes another major hit in rip of UK!
[Post edited 28 Mar 16:40]

You’re too good to,that girl.
My missus has never ever drink alcohol in an airport and neither have I.
I don’t even like buying any food there ,although we buy a coffee to drink with our ( own) croissant

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Airport on 14:29 - Mar 29 with 452 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 23:46 - Mar 28 by majorraglan

We flew to Spain from Bristol last September and the place was heaving, there was queues at check in, security, no seats left in the departure area, not a seat left in the bars or restaurants - everyone was packed in and it was an awful experience.

We flew from there again last month and it as much better experience, flight was the same time of the day, lots of flights going it at the same time and coming back at the same time but it was much much quieter. The car park was much quieter too.

Passport control on return was a mare on both occasions.

I do find parking at Bristol airport very expensive, much dearer than the bigger airports further afield.

I use these for parking - it's cheaper and they are excellent

https://www.goblincombefarm.com/

What I have noticed about Bristol airport is, they have reduced the seating area, so that if you want to sit down it's at one of the food outlets. If you don't want to eat, then there's not much seating
Cardiff Airport on 17:39 - Mar 31 with 338 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 23:32 - Mar 28 by controversial_jack

Guy who drove us from the car parking place a few weeks ago said it''s been very slow this year. It may pick up as the weather improves.

I have just showed you how busy it is, search Bristol departures and come back to us.

It's strange how you continually ignore facts🤔

Cardiff Airport on 17:47 - Mar 31 with 333 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 17:39 - Mar 31 by raynor94

I have just showed you how busy it is, search Bristol departures and come back to us.

It's strange how you continually ignore facts🤔

You don't pay attention to what is posted do you? I said a few weeks ago
Cardiff Airport on 18:47 - Mar 31 with 311 viewsTogg

Cardiff Airport on 17:47 - Mar 31 by controversial_jack

I've known loads of people who have taken trips abroad since the start of the year. Mostly for winter sunshine, some skiing. Radio Wales a couple of days ago had an article saying how busy airports and holiday destinations are this year. However you listen to a random taxi driver from Bristol. I suppose it's an alternative view point, which you seem to love to be fair. I've got to say mate your hubris knows no bounds. Anyway have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.
Cardiff Airport on 19:24 - Mar 31 with 281 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 17:47 - Mar 31 by controversial_jack

Yes and the figures prove what I'm saying, go back a few months ago and look at the data

I'm waiting with baited breath!

Cardiff Airport on 19:40 - Mar 31 with 273 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 19:24 - Mar 31 by raynor94

Yes and the figures prove what I'm saying, go back a few months ago and look at the data

I'm waiting with baited breath!

What, you think the actual figures from the airport are correct and a random taxi driver at the airport are wrong?

You must be bonkers mun, well in contro's world anyway
Cardiff Airport on 19:51 - Mar 31 with 254 viewsraynor94

Cardiff Airport on 19:40 - Mar 31 by SullutaCreturned

What, you think the actual figures from the airport are correct and a random taxi driver at the airport are wrong?

You must be bonkers mun, well in contro's world anyway

Since covid Bristol has recovered numbers faster than any airport in the UK

I take things CJ posts with a barrel full of salt, always have how many times can someone be humiliated on here

Cardiff Airport on 20:00 - Mar 31 with 250 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 19:51 - Mar 31 by raynor94

Since covid Bristol has recovered numbers faster than any airport in the UK

I take things CJ posts with a barrel full of salt, always have how many times can someone be humiliated on here

The last question, I don't know becaue we are still counting!

I've got a few of those humiliations myself over the years but I am an absolute beginner compared to a few on here.
Cardiff Airport on 23:37 - Mar 31 with 203 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 18:47 - Mar 31 by Togg

I've known loads of people who have taken trips abroad since the start of the year. Mostly for winter sunshine, some skiing. Radio Wales a couple of days ago had an article saying how busy airports and holiday destinations are this year. However you listen to a random taxi driver from Bristol. I suppose it's an alternative view point, which you seem to love to be fair. I've got to say mate your hubris knows no bounds. Anyway have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

Skiing? Which European resorts have had good snowfalls during this mild winter?

Not sure where the figures from Bristol airport are that shows this year has been busier than other years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024