Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Measles .a worry 13:33 - Jan 20 with 3607 viewsonehunglow

Anything to do with illegals
Seem the big cities mainly affected
We don’t know who is coming here and with what

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Measles .a worry on 15:21 - Jan 21 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 15:15 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

I suppose that if the problem of rising incidence of previously well-controlled diseases increases then the Government should consider going further and introducing health checks for all. This is required in some countries, such as Thailand, as a necessary step in securing a work permit.

Try entering Australia and demanding housing,social services and pocket money to live on.
Nobody can ever Oz unless they can support themselves and are not of an age where the State would have to look after them.
Measles was eradicated
Now it’s prevalent
We are afraid to accept the reality as it can offend .
This underpins our country right now.

Measles .a worry on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 756 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 15:21 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Try entering Australia and demanding housing,social services and pocket money to live on.
Nobody can ever Oz unless they can support themselves and are not of an age where the State would have to look after them.
Measles was eradicated
Now it’s prevalent
We are afraid to accept the reality as it can offend .
This underpins our country right now.

Unless they’re in a shortage occupation then the door will be flung wide open just like it has for economic legal migrants here.

Yes, they have less issues with illegal migration but then it’s much harder to sail a dinghy there.

Edit: just checked, no evidence of MMR vaccine needed to enter Australia.
[Post edited 21 Jan 17:09]
Measles .a worry on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 734 viewsmajorraglan

Measles .a worry on 15:15 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

I suppose that if the problem of rising incidence of previously well-controlled diseases increases then the Government should consider going further and introducing health checks for all. This is required in some countries, such as Thailand, as a necessary step in securing a work permit.

That would of course be a matter for the government, but given they had massive problems agreeing a strategy for quarantining etc during Covid I wouldn’t hold my breath about them doing anything now. In terms of work visa’s, applicants to the U.K. defo need to provide a medical history and answer questions about TB, I don’t think tourists do unless they are coming here for more than 6 months.
Measles .a worry on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 725 viewsSullutaCreturned

Measles .a worry on 17:07 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

Unless they’re in a shortage occupation then the door will be flung wide open just like it has for economic legal migrants here.

Yes, they have less issues with illegal migration but then it’s much harder to sail a dinghy there.

Edit: just checked, no evidence of MMR vaccine needed to enter Australia.
[Post edited 21 Jan 17:09]

Maybe not but you may have to have a health check and need to meet their "minimum health requirement"

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health
Measles .a worry on 18:05 - Jan 21 with 722 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 18:00 - Jan 21 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe not but you may have to have a health check and need to meet their "minimum health requirement"

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health

‘May’ doing some heavy lifting there, Cat.

Minimum requirement seems to be very similar to hours.

Anyway, my point was on the MMR comparison.
Measles .a worry on 18:15 - Jan 21 with 715 viewsSullutaCreturned

Measles .a worry on 18:05 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

‘May’ doing some heavy lifting there, Cat.

Minimum requirement seems to be very similar to hours.

Anyway, my point was on the MMR comparison.

Yeah but while you don't have to have the MMR would you be allowed in if you had Measles? I reckon not.

Most decent countries won't allow disease ravaged people in, unless Bojo is PM and it's UK tourists being returned home during covid and being shipped in from a covid hotspot with no checks done, because that clearly makes sense!
Measles .a worry on 18:24 - Jan 21 with 700 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 17:54 - Jan 21 by majorraglan

That would of course be a matter for the government, but given they had massive problems agreeing a strategy for quarantining etc during Covid I wouldn’t hold my breath about them doing anything now. In terms of work visa’s, applicants to the U.K. defo need to provide a medical history and answer questions about TB, I don’t think tourists do unless they are coming here for more than 6 months.

Re what other countries such as Thailand do, we are talking about medicals at designated government centres involving blood tests and so on, with special attention to a number of designated conditions. These tests are required for migrant workers rather than tourists, but admittedly there is a problem with some incoming workers who avoid the tests and work without proper documents.
Measles .a worry on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 604 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 18:24 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

Re what other countries such as Thailand do, we are talking about medicals at designated government centres involving blood tests and so on, with special attention to a number of designated conditions. These tests are required for migrant workers rather than tourists, but admittedly there is a problem with some incoming workers who avoid the tests and work without proper documents.

Measles is only really infectious for 4 days, and that's after the rash appears, so it's highly unlikely that migrants will mix with the general population during that time

As we have seen from covid, vaccinations do not prevent transmission. They may mitigate the effects at best
Login to get fewer ads

Measles .a worry on 16:22 - Jan 23 with 572 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 09:49 - Jan 23 by controversial_jack

Measles is only really infectious for 4 days, and that's after the rash appears, so it's highly unlikely that migrants will mix with the general population during that time

As we have seen from covid, vaccinations do not prevent transmission. They may mitigate the effects at best

Where diseases have been eradicated (smallpox), or largely eliminated in particular countries (polio, rubella, diphtheria), this was achieved by vaccination.

My post was about the reappearance of previously well-controlled diseases in the UK - not just measles. As I said re undocumented migrants, only a small proportion are children. While pregnant women and the immunocompromised can contract the disease, children are the main sufferers.
Measles .a worry on 16:42 - Jan 23 with 564 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 16:22 - Jan 23 by AnotherJohn

Where diseases have been eradicated (smallpox), or largely eliminated in particular countries (polio, rubella, diphtheria), this was achieved by vaccination.

My post was about the reappearance of previously well-controlled diseases in the UK - not just measles. As I said re undocumented migrants, only a small proportion are children. While pregnant women and the immunocompromised can contract the disease, children are the main sufferers.

The elimination of infectious diseases has more to do with improved living conditions than vaccines. Clean water, better sanitation, health care , diet etc. Mortality rates from infectious diseases were well on their way down before vaccinations were introduce, and the rates of declining mortality didn't increase after vaccinations were introduced, they stayed roughly the same.Vaccinations have taken the credit for advances in living conditions.
Measles .a worry on 17:21 - Jan 23 with 557 viewsAnotherJohn

I think you are confusing what is perhaps the majority view in academia that public health measures have been more important than medical interventions in raising life expectancy with the stories behind the eradication or elimination of particular diseases. Does the name Edward Jenner mean anything to you?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1200696/

Are the suggesting that NPIs, rather than better MMR vaccination rates, are the answer to the recent upsurge in measles cases?
Measles .a worry on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 549 viewsmax936

Big concern with Health Professionals at the moment, heard bits on radio today over the news.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Measles .a worry on 18:27 - Jan 23 with 531 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 17:21 - Jan 23 by AnotherJohn

I think you are confusing what is perhaps the majority view in academia that public health measures have been more important than medical interventions in raising life expectancy with the stories behind the eradication or elimination of particular diseases. Does the name Edward Jenner mean anything to you?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1200696/

Are the suggesting that NPIs, rather than better MMR vaccination rates, are the answer to the recent upsurge in measles cases?

I believe there were many big outbreaks after mass vaccination programmes were introduced.

My kids didn’t get the MMR, but i paid privately for the single measles jab for my grandkids.

None of them have had measles. I had measles and do did most ppl back in the day and we all got over it fine.

I’m not anti vaccine, i just don’t think it’s necessary
Measles .a worry on 18:49 - Jan 24 with 488 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Measles .a worry on 18:27 - Jan 23 by controversial_jack

I believe there were many big outbreaks after mass vaccination programmes were introduced.

My kids didn’t get the MMR, but i paid privately for the single measles jab for my grandkids.

None of them have had measles. I had measles and do did most ppl back in the day and we all got over it fine.

Bury you head in the sand.

Cases of Polio smallpox , mumps , measles cervical cancer all fell once vaccines were introduced.

Cases of mumps meales on rise as vaccination rates fall.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Measles .a worry on 09:06 - Jan 25 with 460 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 18:27 - Jan 23 by controversial_jack

One interesting case to look at is malaria, which is on WHO's list of priority diseases it aims to eradicate. There is an argument that we already have more than enough public health measures and treatments to get rid of malaria, but it persists because of non-compliance. For example, in trials nets have proved to be almost 100% effective in stopping infections, but it has been found in some African countries that recipients are using the nets in agriculture or fishing rather than as protection. Now there is a malaria vaccine, which WHO hopes will finally make the difference. However, the snag is widespread vaccine hesitancy in many developing countries because of cultural and religious factors.
Measles .a worry on 09:23 - Jan 25 with 451 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 18:49 - Jan 24 by felixstowe_jack

Cases of Polio smallpox , mumps , measles cervical cancer all fell once vaccines were introduced.

Here you go. I'm trying to find data on mortality rates before vaccination was introduce and after, but it seems to have been removed for some reason.

The infant mortality rate (imr) has long been a measure of whether a society's social, political, and economic structures and health systems enable children to complete their first year of life.1, 2 In the United States, the IMR declined from 100 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1915 to fewer than 10 deaths per 1,000 live births by 1990, with the sharpest decline occurring between 1915 and 1950, before widespread use of medical technologies and vaccines.2 Although other high‐income countries made similar progress in the early 20th century, such a sharp decline did not take place in many low‐ and middle‐income countries (LMICs) until after the end of the Second World War and is yet to take place in some countries.3 For example, in 2015, the IMR in LMICs was 53.2 deaths per 1,000 live births (comparable to the United States in 1935, when the IMR was 55.7 deaths per 1,000 live births), and globally ranged from a maximum of 96 deaths per 1,000 live births in Angola to a minimum of 1.5 deaths per 1,000 live births in Luxembourg.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6422600/
Measles .a worry on 10:13 - Jan 25 with 450 viewsmangohilljack

So even with millions losing their lives after this latest roll out and people dropping dead left right and centre. Excess deaths up 15% in most countries you still can't see the wood for the Tree's.

It staggers me to see what is written in this thread!!

Bonkers
Measles .a worry on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 434 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 09:23 - Jan 25 by controversial_jack

Here you go. I'm trying to find data on mortality rates before vaccination was introduce and after, but it seems to have been removed for some reason.

The infant mortality rate (imr) has long been a measure of whether a society's social, political, and economic structures and health systems enable children to complete their first year of life.1, 2 In the United States, the IMR declined from 100 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1915 to fewer than 10 deaths per 1,000 live births by 1990, with the sharpest decline occurring between 1915 and 1950, before widespread use of medical technologies and vaccines.2 Although other high‐income countries made similar progress in the early 20th century, such a sharp decline did not take place in many low‐ and middle‐income countries (LMICs) until after the end of the Second World War and is yet to take place in some countries.3 For example, in 2015, the IMR in LMICs was 53.2 deaths per 1,000 live births (comparable to the United States in 1935, when the IMR was 55.7 deaths per 1,000 live births), and globally ranged from a maximum of 96 deaths per 1,000 live births in Angola to a minimum of 1.5 deaths per 1,000 live births in Luxembourg.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6422600/

Good to see you taking an interest in a bit of background reading. There is certainly a debate worth looking at regarding the respective impact on life expectancy of non-pharmaceutical public health interventions and medical advances, though I stand by what I said about vaccination and certain important diseases. If you can’t find UK data here are some other publications that might interest you. Remember that vaccinations are usually classified as a public health intervention – so your argument is about NPIs/nutrition etc vs pharmaceutical and medical treatments.

Dutch data
https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/43314555.pdf

Massachusetts data
https://www.hbs.edu/ris/Publication%20Files/w25330_9dc19365-c976-4904-84c1-a15e2

US data
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00284

Gains from vaccination

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1413559111#body-ref-r1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4584777/
Measles .a worry on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 429 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 18:49 - Jan 24 by felixstowe_jack

Obvious

Measles .a worry on 11:24 - Jan 25 with 424 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 10:13 - Jan 25 by mangohilljack

So even with millions losing their lives after this latest roll out and people dropping dead left right and centre. Excess deaths up 15% in most countries you still can't see the wood for the Tree's.

It staggers me to see what is written in this thread!!

Bonkers

Bonkers is when we get a visus that kills millions then people doubt the efficacy of it,even though it goy life world wide on track .
Bonkers people believe that we didn’t need a vaccine for Covid

They people would have refused a TB jab when it killed many

No apostrophe abuse in this thread .

Plurals are buggers though

Measles .a worry on 12:39 - Jan 25 with 392 viewsmangohilljack

Measles .a worry on 11:24 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Bonkers is when we get a visus that kills millions then people doubt the efficacy of it,even though it goy life world wide on track .
Bonkers people believe that we didn’t need a vaccine for Covid

They people would have refused a TB jab when it killed many

No apostrophe abuse in this thread .

Plurals are buggers though

Well if that is genuinely what you believe I suggest you might want to stock up on your bog roll and masks and that ghastly hand sanitiser as the next one is just around the corner,

Oh and start using cash big time if you want to keep it.
Measles .a worry on 14:12 - Jan 25 with 373 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 12:39 - Jan 25 by mangohilljack

Well if that is genuinely what you believe I suggest you might want to stock up on your bog roll and masks and that ghastly hand sanitiser as the next one is just around the corner,

Oh and start using cash big time if you want to keep it.

My mother had me vaccinated
It’s why I’m still here wasting my time with you
I remember the smallpox outbreak in 1962,before you were a tadpole .
This spread because of one man coming on from Pakistan . It spread quickly.
Smallpox killed 300 million in the 20 thCentury .
Very very few died specifically because of the injection

Today,we think we are smarter than we were

We treat history with condescension when it’s often the case it’s a forerunner of what we turn into.

Measles .a worry on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 368 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Measles .a worry on 09:49 - Jan 23 by controversial_jack

They just reduce infections by 90% and if you don't catch it you can't spread it.

That is why vaccinations are so effective in ridding the World of deadly diseases.

Measles .a worry on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 304 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 14:33 - Jan 25 by felixstowe_jack

They just reduce infections by 90% and if you don't catch it you can't spread it.

That is why vaccinations are so effective in ridding the World of deadly diseases.

There weren’t many who didn’t catch covid at some time of other. Every person i know who had covid were vaccinated. So, tell me again how vaccines prevent covid and has it been eradicated entirely when we have had a mass vaccine programme? Not even herd immunity has been achieved
Measles .a worry on 13:42 - Jan 28 with 277 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Measles .a worry on 19:43 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

There weren’t many who didn’t catch covid at some time of other. Every person i know who had covid were vaccinated. So, tell me again how vaccines prevent covid and has it been eradicated entirely when we have had a mass vaccine programme? Not even herd immunity has been achieved

According to you if everyone caught it then 7 million in the UK would have died.

As you well know the covoid virus continually mutates and their have been at least 5 variants in the UK. Fortunately those vaccinated are 80% less likely to catch it and will suffer very mild symptoms. All thanks to a successful vaccine programme which means no more lock downs and everyone can get on will their normal lives

Thank to vaccines no more polio cases in UK. No smallpox deaths in the UK, vastly reduced mumps, measles and wooping coughs all which caused many childhood deaths in unvaccinated days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024