Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Citizen Army 14:26 - Jan 25 with 4444 viewsmangohilljack

So who is going to sign up to fight the war?

General Sir Patrick sanders warned the British public they will be called up to fight in the event of a war because the military is too small

Time to start smashing the gym chaps (and I don't mean the mal)

It's coming

https://news.sky.com/story/british-army-chiefs-call-to-mobilise-the-nation-in-th
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:28]
Citizen Army on 23:13 - Jan 25 with 943 viewsjackrmee

Citizen Army on 22:03 - Jan 25 by Kilkennyjack

The decline started with Margaret Thatcher.

When the current politicians lie and display widespread corruption, whilst the King and his brother have an openly dreadful record in choosing their so/calked ‘friends’ …. Then i can understand that people struggle to take any pride in that nation.

The patriotic thing to do is to demand urgent and lasting change.

They lied about Port Talbots steel and its cost us big time.
They can save Bankers jobs but not steel workers jobs

Perhaps the bankers should go fight the Russians…?
[Post edited 25 Jan 22:06]

Well said, that man

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Citizen Army on 23:14 - Jan 25 with 942 viewsOhyeah

No only unless the MP's, tax avoiding elites and their sons and daughters have gone first...

So they send young soldiers into conflicts and then a few years down the line they are up in court for alleged crimes ably assisted by these flash lawyers funded by the taxes the soldiers have /are paying..
Citizen Army on 09:56 - Jan 26 with 874 viewsBoundy

Citizen Army on 22:01 - Jan 25 by lifelong

Do you think you are tarring all of today’s young people with the same brush?

Go back 60 years or more when you had all sorts of anti social and criminal behaviour from some of the then young people when flick knives and knuckle dusters were the weapons of choice.

No I'm tarring society , we've always had gangs but what I'm concerned about is the societal change we see today which is not the same as to what you refer to ,
I agree with a lot of posters when they condemn the politicians , bankers the hierarchy of this country , but when posters say sod it not for me then I have to ask what line has to be crossed before they react to a real threat to their way of life and very existence.
I was too young to be conscripted and probably would have objected if I had to as many have said .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Citizen Army on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 870 viewsmangohilljack

Citizen Army on 09:56 - Jan 26 by Boundy

No I'm tarring society , we've always had gangs but what I'm concerned about is the societal change we see today which is not the same as to what you refer to ,
I agree with a lot of posters when they condemn the politicians , bankers the hierarchy of this country , but when posters say sod it not for me then I have to ask what line has to be crossed before they react to a real threat to their way of life and very existence.
I was too young to be conscripted and probably would have objected if I had to as many have said .

You're almost there, these bankers who fund both sides of the war are the enemy. If the media tells you someone else is the enemy you can be pretty sure they are not. The same bankers who fund both sides of the war own the media ..it's not rocket science
Citizen Army on 10:16 - Jan 26 with 863 viewscontroversial_jack

Young ppl today are more aware and educated. They won't swallow the xenophobic propaganda that previous generations did.

Our military is so small it couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag. The economy wouldn't sustain it either. Boots on the ground is a thing of the past too
Citizen Army on 12:54 - Jan 26 with 829 viewsTogg

Citizen Army on 19:54 - Jan 25 by Boundy

and some of those posters on here may have done their duty in an earlier life .

I know they have and am totally grateful to anybody who has served in the forces.p
Citizen Army on 16:19 - Jan 26 with 798 viewsKeithHaynes

Citizen Army on 15:57 - Jan 25 by AnotherJohn

I've noticed many posts from what are mostly younger people on social media saying they would not join up or fight under any circumstances. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they would be safe from an aggressor. A lot of people who were innocently walking around Bucha and other Ukrainian towns didn't want to fight either, but are no longer with us now.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/eur50/5561/2022/en/

If push gives way to shove it may come down to: "Do you want to be hanged as a sheep or a lamb?"

Many youngsters are too consumed with social media to be bothered with the increasing noise of war.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Citizen Army on 16:50 - Jan 26 with 793 viewsWingstandwood

Citizen Army on 16:19 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Many youngsters are too consumed with social media to be bothered with the increasing noise of war.

Could you imagine them being told that all their mobile phones will have to be confiscated, because their phones will give away their positions to an eavesdropping and intelligence gathering enemy keen on directing an air strike or artillery barrage?

That to them would be even worse than living in a mud filled trench and eating meager battlefield rations?

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Citizen Army on 17:21 - Jan 26 with 780 viewslifelong

Citizen Army on 09:56 - Jan 26 by Boundy

When I read these types of thread I think about my father and his brothers. He was born in 1907 the youngest of 7 boys. His two eldest brothers joined the army and served in India, the next younger two enlisted during World War One, one was 15 and the other one was 16, they somehow survived the horrors of that War, both were wounded and gassed. Neither of them lived to a ripe old age.
I found it difficult to believe that boys of that age would be able to enlist and fight in the trenches during that time.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c
Citizen Army on 17:49 - Jan 26 with 748 viewsWingstandwood

Citizen Army on 17:21 - Jan 26 by lifelong

When I read these types of thread I think about my father and his brothers. He was born in 1907 the youngest of 7 boys. His two eldest brothers joined the army and served in India, the next younger two enlisted during World War One, one was 15 and the other one was 16, they somehow survived the horrors of that War, both were wounded and gassed. Neither of them lived to a ripe old age.
I found it difficult to believe that boys of that age would be able to enlist and fight in the trenches during that time.

The 'then and now' difference is so utterly stark!

The mass: mental toughness, resilience, selflessness, patriotism, sense of duty, sense of community, “all for one, one for all” mindset and ability to “keep on keeping on” is no longer there in the vast numbers and strength that it once was.

That is why the WW1 and WW2 generations (both men and women) are hailed for their sheer magnificence. Those born during late 1800's and early 1900's are hailed as the greatest generation of all by many!

But that is not in anyway a go at some youngsters (albeit of far lesser prevalence ) who do and still have a natural psychological mindset to equal that of bygone generations.

Argus!

Citizen Army on 17:53 - Jan 26 with 746 viewsBoundy

Citizen Army on 17:21 - Jan 26 by lifelong

There are many tales of such individuals enlisting at such an early age in fact although this occurred in the second not first world war there is a young lad , Laurence A Hearne who was a cabin boy aged 15 when he died , who's name is etched on the Merchant Naval Memorial is SA1, in fact we don't have to go so far back to see that what we would consider youngsters being killed during military service such as the two brothers John and Joseph McCaig, 17 and 18, and Dougald McCaughey, 23, were murdered in Belfast after being lured from a pub. This event was the catalyst to raise the minimum age to 18 before anyone could serve in a conflict zone.
One of the reasons that so many enlisted at such a young age was patriotic pride something which for many reasons has been lost by Generation Z

Citizen Army on 18:20 - Jan 26 with 733 viewsshingle

Citizen Army on 19:50 - Jan 25 by Togg

Let's be honest. Most of the posters on here are too old for the Home Guard. It's always the young who go to war and will bare the scars.

Well i would be weary to go and risk my life and fight for this over rated and weak minded country and for the damage the generation of the 50s 60s and 70s have allowed to happen, they should all be ashamed of themselves just sitting back doing fcuk all and letting the powers that be and elite to ruin the years of hard work done for the common man by the generations before them.
Citizen Army on 22:19 - Jan 26 with 679 viewsKilkennyjack

Citizen Army on 17:53 - Jan 26 by Boundy

There are many tales of such individuals enlisting at such an early age in fact although this occurred in the second not first world war there is a young lad , Laurence A Hearne who was a cabin boy aged 15 when he died , who's name is etched on the Merchant Naval Memorial is SA1, in fact we don't have to go so far back to see that what we would consider youngsters being killed during military service such as the two brothers John and Joseph McCaig, 17 and 18, and Dougald McCaughey, 23, were murdered in Belfast after being lured from a pub. This event was the catalyst to raise the minimum age to 18 before anyone could serve in a conflict zone.
One of the reasons that so many enlisted at such a young age was patriotic pride something which for many reasons has been lost by Generation Z

Patriotic pride … yes, for some …. I guess …

An option to get a job, a trade, a pension, have adventures, and see the world …. Yes, for many …. Especially when times are hard and civvy jobs are limited.

Give your life for Johnson, Truss, and Rishi - no not really.
Give your life for Andrew Windsor and Charlo - no not really.

I think the young people are better off staying alive.
Maybe people will volunteer straight after Johnson, Truss and Rishi. I wonder why they are not patriotic enough to volunteer ?

Beware of the Risen People

Citizen Army on 12:55 - Jan 27 with 627 viewsSullutaCreturned

Citizen Army on 22:19 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

Patriotic pride … yes, for some …. I guess …

An option to get a job, a trade, a pension, have adventures, and see the world …. Yes, for many …. Especially when times are hard and civvy jobs are limited.

Give your life for Johnson, Truss, and Rishi - no not really.
Give your life for Andrew Windsor and Charlo - no not really.

I think the young people are better off staying alive.
Maybe people will volunteer straight after Johnson, Truss and Rishi. I wonder why they are not patriotic enough to volunteer ?

What if...just WHAT IF you/them/they/us weren't fighting for Rishi/Bojo etc, what if we were fighting for our own survival?

What if not volunteering and picking up a gun meant that the day you died or really were oppressed came much sooner?
What if what you were figthing for was your way of life? Maybe that way of life isn't really great right now but would it be better if we were ruled by Russia or China?
Citizen Army on 13:09 - Jan 27 with 618 viewsKilkennyjack

Citizen Army on 12:55 - Jan 27 by SullutaCreturned

What if...just WHAT IF you/them/they/us weren't fighting for Rishi/Bojo etc, what if we were fighting for our own survival?

What if not volunteering and picking up a gun meant that the day you died or really were oppressed came much sooner?
What if what you were figthing for was your way of life? Maybe that way of life isn't really great right now but would it be better if we were ruled by Russia or China?

Do you mean like the volunteers in Dublin PO in 1916 ?

As Pearse said in his vision for Ireland ….
'not free merely, but Gaelic as well; not Gaelic merely, but free as well. '

I think most people would fight fot that sort of authentic vision of their own nation, especially after 800 years of oppression by another bigger nation.

Citizen Army on 13:30 - Jan 27 with 610 viewsSullutaCreturned

Citizen Army on 13:09 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

Do you mean like the volunteers in Dublin PO in 1916 ?

As Pearse said in his vision for Ireland ….
'not free merely, but Gaelic as well; not Gaelic merely, but free as well. '

I think most people would fight fot that sort of authentic vision of their own nation, especially after 800 years of oppression by another bigger nation.

One day you will answer the question actually asked, not the question floating around in that little closed mind of yours.

Though I suppose the answer to "do you mean" then the answer is no. Not like the Dublin PO, I mean like the Russian army parachuting in. I mean like anyone who voices dissent being taken away and locked up without fair trial, tanks on the streets like in Hungary in 1956. I mean your freedom being taken away completely so that you even need permision to leave your "area"
Citizen Army on 14:14 - Jan 27 with 602 viewsBoundy

Citizen Army on 13:30 - Jan 27 by SullutaCreturned

One day you will answer the question actually asked, not the question floating around in that little closed mind of yours.

Though I suppose the answer to "do you mean" then the answer is no. Not like the Dublin PO, I mean like the Russian army parachuting in. I mean like anyone who voices dissent being taken away and locked up without fair trial, tanks on the streets like in Hungary in 1956. I mean your freedom being taken away completely so that you even need permision to leave your "area"

He wouldn't mind as long as Johnson Sunak & co were jailed he'd accept subjugation by anyone , a stronger version of living and controlled by the EU I suppose

Citizen Army on 14:48 - Jan 27 with 590 viewsGwyn737

Citizen Army on 18:20 - Jan 26 by shingle

Well i would be weary to go and risk my life and fight for this over rated and weak minded country and for the damage the generation of the 50s 60s and 70s have allowed to happen, they should all be ashamed of themselves just sitting back doing fcuk all and letting the powers that be and elite to ruin the years of hard work done for the common man by the generations before them.

Different times too.

How many would lay down their lives for the king these days?
Citizen Army on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 587 viewsSullutaCreturned

Citizen Army on 14:48 - Jan 27 by Gwyn737

Different times too.

Like many, including it seems most of the young people, I wouldn't fight for the King or our ropey politicians. If there was a genuine threat to this country, an invasion, I'd take my place in the line. It's not that I'm big and brave either just that I'd be more scared of what would happen if I didn't.
Citizen Army on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 582 viewsjackrmee

Citizen Army on 14:48 - Jan 27 by Gwyn737

Different times too.

Definitely not the king.
My family and their security in wales, yes.
Monarchy needs to go.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Citizen Army on 18:18 - Jan 27 with 544 viewsKilkennyjack

Citizen Army on 15:11 - Jan 27 by jackrmee

Definitely not the king.
My family and their security in wales, yes.
Monarchy needs to go.

Exactly.

People are done with fighting in Englands wars across the world.

Different if Cymru was under threat.

Citizen Army on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 541 viewsKilkennyjack

Citizen Army on 13:30 - Jan 27 by SullutaCreturned

How do you think the British behaved in Ireland ?

Not sure that the Russians starved one million people to death in Hungary…?

Another million Irish fled to the new world on the so-called coffin ships. Again not sure the Russians delivered that scale of misery to Hungary…?

But your narrative is Britain is always on the side of right. Well i got some news for you ….

Citizen Army on 19:50 - Jan 27 with 523 viewsSullutaCreturned

Citizen Army on 18:25 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

How do you think the British behaved in Ireland ?

Not sure that the Russians starved one million people to death in Hungary…?

Another million Irish fled to the new world on the so-called coffin ships. Again not sure the Russians delivered that scale of misery to Hungary…?

But your narrative is Britain is always on the side of right. Well i got some news for you ….

Another classic Kilkenny fail.

The Russians killed millions, many of their own people as well as the current tragedy they are perpetrating in Ukraine.

How many people do you think died trying to escape from behind the iron Curtain? And how many died behind it as a part of everyday life.

Britain is not always right BUT neither is it always wrong. It is not me wearing those blinkers and ho hates his own people.
Citizen Army on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 519 viewsonehunglow

Citizen Army on 21:41 - Jan 25 by Boundy

Well my motive would be (should 40 years miraculously disappear ) is having pride in myself , my community , my country then I would join up as I did then , what you've described in today's youth is a selfish, all me me . Even go back 30 years ago this was better more caring society now all I see is greed , selfishness and a lack of pride in ones self unless of course you discount the many who are more concerned with their looks than their neighbours who's name they quite likely doesn't know.
That's my opinion , maybe one which many would disagree with as is their prerogative.

Wow. Pluck me
Brilliant
Read this you buggers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Citizen Army on 20:38 - Jan 27 with 510 viewsTogg

Citizen Army on 19:50 - Jan 27 by SullutaCreturned

Another classic Kilkenny fail.

The Russians killed millions, many of their own people as well as the current tragedy they are perpetrating in Ukraine.

How many people do you think died trying to escape from behind the iron Curtain? And how many died behind it as a part of everyday life.

Britain is not always right BUT neither is it always wrong. It is not me wearing those blinkers and ho hates his own people.

I don't know why you bother, the guy is totally blinkered.
You might as well talk to kitchen wall... probably get more sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024