Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ukrainian lad 22:59 - Jan 25 with 2286 viewsbuilthjack

Been on the bench recently but not getting minutes. What’s that all,about?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ukrainian lad on 08:29 - Jan 26 with 2141 viewsRichardO

If the game had been a tighter and we were in with a chance then presumeably he would have got on, no point risking him if he is coming back from injury, same with Pedersen and Obgeta we are obviously thin on the ground as it is.
The Ukrainian lad on 08:46 - Jan 26 with 2128 viewsjackrmee

The Ukrainian lad on 08:29 - Jan 26 by RichardO

If the game had been a tighter and we were in with a chance then presumeably he would have got on, no point risking him if he is coming back from injury, same with Pedersen and Obgeta we are obviously thin on the ground as it is.

He’s hardly had a kick all year though mate

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Ukrainian lad on 08:49 - Jan 26 with 2125 viewsherbie

He hasn’t been injured. Been fit and available for weeks
The Ukrainian lad on 09:36 - Jan 26 with 2070 viewsonehunglow

The Ukrainian lad on 08:49 - Jan 26 by herbie

If he’s “ not ready” ,what does that make Jerry

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Ukrainian lad on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 2007 viewsKeithHaynes

The Ukrainian lad on 08:49 - Jan 26 by herbie

At least three.
I sense he isn’t the answer for the Swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Ukrainian lad on 11:24 - Jan 26 with 2004 viewsdobjack2

The Ukrainian lad on 11:20 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

At least three.

Only logical answer if he is fit, is that none of our mangers this season see him as championship level.
The Ukrainian lad on 12:58 - Jan 26 with 1926 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ukrainian lad on 11:24 - Jan 26 by dobjack2

Only logical answer if he is fit, is that none of our mangers this season see him as championship level.

We have been here before. As I have explained big centre forwards of strength and ability are extremely rare. Wales as a whole a has not produced a player as modest as Kukharevic for thirty years. John Hartson was the last and Gareth Taylor. McBurnie £20m. Even Courtney Baker Richardson did OK for Potter.

This is why it was criminal for Swansea not to develop Goykeres. The "useless duffer" is now worth $80m 2 years later.

Cooper could have signed him a refined his raw edges. Mykola is the same. Cooper said "There is a player in there" then moved i him on. The short term culture I have been b complaining about. Fletcher wanted to come to Swansea but it looks to me that he was "frozen out" by club insiders. Was it "He is too good for us" .

I recall seeing Lukaku over run the ball miserably several time with poor control then get bought by Chelsea for £90m.

Newport have signed Luke Jephcott. Rated at £5m at one time Perhaps Huw and Graham can turn him into a proper no 9. Only 23. The best Wales can get.

Swansea have to buy raw and mentor and train and see improvement with time. The club needs a need lost soul maverick like Routledge. The lightweight flash player that finds his mojo at 24. The Villa winger at Cardiff last season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Ukrainian lad on 13:03 - Jan 26 with 1925 viewsKeithHaynes

The Ukrainian lad on 11:24 - Jan 26 by dobjack2

I keep seeing that goal at Millwall.
Now this is an example of a player being binned without being given a chance.

Login to get fewer ads

The Ukrainian lad on 13:41 - Jan 26 with 1881 viewsdobjack2

The Ukrainian lad on 13:03 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

I keep seeing that goal at Millwall.
Now this is an example of a player being binned without being given a chance.

A lot will depend on what happens in training etc. most of us have no idea about that. However if he is not wanted it's further evidence of inept recruitment in the summer. Something we really can't afford.
The Ukrainian lad on 13:51 - Jan 26 with 1876 viewsRichardO

The Ukrainian lad on 11:20 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

At least three.

Presumably the reason he wasn't getting game time was that Lowe was the preferred option, next option would then be Yates as we paid a lot for him and last Bolaise, trying to keep them all sweet, while overlooking raw potential.
Obegata on the bench yesterday then moved on by the hierarchy.
God help us if we are relying on the likes of some of the older players way past their best to stabilise the sinking ship.
The Ukrainian lad on 16:09 - Jan 26 with 1756 viewsKeithHaynes

The Ukrainian lad on 13:51 - Jan 26 by RichardO

Presumably the reason he wasn't getting game time was that Lowe was the preferred option, next option would then be Yates as we paid a lot for him and last Bolaise, trying to keep them all sweet, while overlooking raw potential.
Obegata on the bench yesterday then moved on by the hierarchy.
God help us if we are relying on the likes of some of the older players way past their best to stabilise the sinking ship.

No reason why he couldn’t have been given minutes tho.

The Ukrainian lad on 16:21 - Jan 26 with 1731 views3swan

The Ukrainian lad on 16:09 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

No reason why he couldn’t have been given minutes tho.

With Bolasie now out of contract, Lowe injured ,it made no sense not to give him some minutes.
We are left with no options upfront, What happens if we get further injuries.
He may not be flavour of the month but to not give him some game time when losing 5-0 is strange to say the least.

Maybe he's out of the door in the next few days?
The Ukrainian lad on 17:48 - Jan 26 with 1664 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andreas Cornelius was another big 6 ft 4 in Young centre forward in Wales in 2013. Cardiff city told Tan he was a long term signing after a few unsatisfactory games and he threw out Cornelius and Malky Makay.

He went on to play in Serie A at a high level and for Denmark has scored 100+ goals. You have to give these guys development time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Cornelius

Still only 30.
[Post edited 26 Jan 17:53]

The Ukrainian lad on 00:28 - Jan 28 with 1416 viewsRichardO

The Ukrainian lad on 16:21 - Jan 26 by 3swan

With Bolasie now out of contract, Lowe injured ,it made no sense not to give him some minutes.
We are left with no options upfront, What happens if we get further injuries.
He may not be flavour of the month but to not give him some game time when losing 5-0 is strange to say the least.

Maybe he's out of the door in the next few days?

Unless he is a dead cert to play at some point against Leicester and seeing as we are so short on the ground with a viable forwards, he really doesn't want to see him get injured in a no win situation.
What we have tried to do this season has become as predictable as previous years and once teams have work us out the problems magnifies, hopefully Luke Williams will see the need for changes in the playing staff and help develop the youngsters into the team, our youngsters who have a future at this club not somewhere else.
The Ukrainian lad on 00:52 - Jan 28 with 1401 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ukrainian lad on 00:28 - Jan 28 by RichardO

Unless he is a dead cert to play at some point against Leicester and seeing as we are so short on the ground with a viable forwards, he really doesn't want to see him get injured in a no win situation.
What we have tried to do this season has become as predictable as previous years and once teams have work us out the problems magnifies, hopefully Luke Williams will see the need for changes in the playing staff and help develop the youngsters into the team, our youngsters who have a future at this club not somewhere else.

Sadly Kyren Wilson the u21 s hotshot is also injured and on crutches. There are no fit strikers in the buildings other than Mykola and Jerry.

The Ukrainian lad on 09:33 - Jan 28 with 1293 viewsKilkennyjack

Agents really are taking the pish.
Half way across the world and apparently not as good as Cullen.

Meanwhile Newport get Will Evans from the Cymru Prem and he scores 15 games in Lge2 in 28 games.

We should have learned from Zabret our Slovenian (?) keeper who stayed 7 years and never played a game.

Beware of the Risen People

The Ukrainian lad on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 1166 viewsReslovenSwan1

Evans is a late bloomer and 26 or so. Swansea must go for potential and Kukharevic has it. Name the last Welsh square jawed Centre forward (no Anglo). It was 30 years ago and John Hartson.

Since then nothing. Iwan Morgan is the most promising. Cullen is getting better year on year slowly.

We must be patient and plant seeds and work on the training pitch to get this 6ft 3in powerhouse in the right technical place. He looked a bit of a monster to me when he came on as sub v Notrthampton.

Welsh version? There are none. Cardiff have a guy called Crole and Colwill is 6ft 5in ad can be converted from a midfielder. Reuben Davies is a forward of size and flits in and out with injuries.

The Ukrainian lad on 17:39 - Jan 28 with 1104 viewsKilkennyjack

The Ukrainian lad on 17:07 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Evans is a late bloomer and 26 or so. Swansea must go for potential and Kukharevic has it. Name the last Welsh square jawed Centre forward (no Anglo). It was 30 years ago and John Hartson.

Since then nothing. Iwan Morgan is the most promising. Cullen is getting better year on year slowly.

We must be patient and plant seeds and work on the training pitch to get this 6ft 3in powerhouse in the right technical place. He looked a bit of a monster to me when he came on as sub v Notrthampton.

Welsh version? There are none. Cardiff have a guy called Crole and Colwill is 6ft 5in ad can be converted from a midfielder. Reuben Davies is a forward of size and flits in and out with injuries.

You dont need to be 6ft 4, google Aguero

Beware of the Risen People

The Ukrainian lad on 19:10 - Jan 28 with 1054 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ukrainian lad on 17:39 - Jan 28 by Kilkennyjack

You dont need to be 6ft 4, google Aguero

That is obvious. Bu big bloke centre forwards a can be effective without Aguero's exception abilities. Any Welsh Aguero would be taken from Swansea in double quick time. Dan James had 8 month in the first team and was gone. He almost went after 3 month in the first team.

I would be disappointed to see Kukharecvic sold. I want to see him developed and perhaps sent on loan maybe to Newport in exchange for Evans.

Cardiff panicked with Cornelius but he was actually more than decent. Let these guys develop and do not become reactionary and impatient. Gyorkeres has gone for 'useless' £1m player to £20m in 24 months and to £70m in 36 months.

The Ukrainian lad on 20:26 - Jan 28 with 997 viewsRichardO

The Ukrainian lad on 19:10 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

That is obvious. Bu big bloke centre forwards a can be effective without Aguero's exception abilities. Any Welsh Aguero would be taken from Swansea in double quick time. Dan James had 8 month in the first team and was gone. He almost went after 3 month in the first team.

I would be disappointed to see Kukharecvic sold. I want to see him developed and perhaps sent on loan maybe to Newport in exchange for Evans.

Cardiff panicked with Cornelius but he was actually more than decent. Let these guys develop and do not become reactionary and impatient. Gyorkeres has gone for 'useless' £1m player to £20m in 24 months and to £70m in 36 months.

Gyokeres was a loan player he was never ours, maybe we had and option to buy was an offer ever on the table and does easy one know what it was? It would seem that Brighton got done and Coventry had a good deal.
What you really need to ask why was Downes sold after just one year because he was just what we needed at the club then and even more so now, add to the fact that his sale really seem to be the catalyst for the following years exodus from the club of quality players, a club not building towards a future or just balancing the books.
The Ukrainian lad on 21:39 - Jan 28 with 941 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Ukrainian lad on 20:26 - Jan 28 by RichardO

Gyokeres was a loan player he was never ours, maybe we had and option to buy was an offer ever on the table and does easy one know what it was? It would seem that Brighton got done and Coventry had a good deal.
What you really need to ask why was Downes sold after just one year because he was just what we needed at the club then and even more so now, add to the fact that his sale really seem to be the catalyst for the following years exodus from the club of quality players, a club not building towards a future or just balancing the books.

It was known Brighton wanted to move Gyorkeres on and would accept £1.5m even before he went to Coventry. Cooper said of Viktor "there is a player in there for sure". His judgement was VG would be a real asset down the line.

I am promoting the idea that Swansea have lost the desire to buy and develop players for 18 month to two years down the line. The club is blighted by short term thinking. This may be necessary in the Premier league. In my view while marooned in the Championship table the club should take its time and mentor and develop raw talent.

So why did Cooper not keep the player sweet and demand the board buy him?. The reason was Cooper was looking after Cooper and VG was not ready. Cooper had plans after Swansea after he did not get an "ready made off the shelf" centre forward like Keenan Davis who was too expensive. Just as with Mikola, Lowe was preferred.

West Ham wanted Downes and he was not staying at Swansea once his local team had made a very reasonable offer. Was O'Reily available then, I am not sure?

Mykola looks a real powerful beast to me when he came on v NFC in the FA cup. He miss-controlled the odd pass. Watson saw him and Njoe as development projects just like Viktor was. Swansea cannot let prospects found by the recruitment team walk out of the door on the judgement of managers who are continually firefighting and looking after their own interests and not 18 months hence.

Some fans have already written these players off and want Watson sacked. This would not be good.

The Ukrainian lad on 21:52 - Jan 28 with 913 viewsmax936

The Ukrainian lad on 20:26 - Jan 28 by RichardO

Spot on!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Ukrainian lad on 23:20 - Jan 28 with 848 viewsjackrmee

The Ukrainian lad on 21:39 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

It was known Brighton wanted to move Gyorkeres on and would accept £1.5m even before he went to Coventry. Cooper said of Viktor "there is a player in there for sure". His judgement was VG would be a real asset down the line.

I am promoting the idea that Swansea have lost the desire to buy and develop players for 18 month to two years down the line. The club is blighted by short term thinking. This may be necessary in the Premier league. In my view while marooned in the Championship table the club should take its time and mentor and develop raw talent.

So why did Cooper not keep the player sweet and demand the board buy him?. The reason was Cooper was looking after Cooper and VG was not ready. Cooper had plans after Swansea after he did not get an "ready made off the shelf" centre forward like Keenan Davis who was too expensive. Just as with Mikola, Lowe was preferred.

West Ham wanted Downes and he was not staying at Swansea once his local team had made a very reasonable offer. Was O'Reily available then, I am not sure?

Mykola looks a real powerful beast to me when he came on v NFC in the FA cup. He miss-controlled the odd pass. Watson saw him and Njoe as development projects just like Viktor was. Swansea cannot let prospects found by the recruitment team walk out of the door on the judgement of managers who are continually firefighting and looking after their own interests and not 18 months hence.

Some fans have already written these players off and want Watson sacked. This would not be good.

I don’t often agree with you, but most of that is spot on 👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Ukrainian lad on 09:47 - Jan 29 with 787 viewsRichardO

At what point do we trust our youngsters to develop in our squad instead of waiting until they are in the last year of their contract and ending up as wasted money not played in the very roles they were bought or in the case of academy players groomed for.
We now have too many older players incapable of doing some of the parts of their previous roles and now need assistance off the younger players.
The acquisition of the early twenties players like Tymon and Key have been relatively successful even though they had to gain Championship experience they seem to cope except for injuries.
We really need to start to give the youngsters a stable platform to progress instead of selling any player with promise or ability, give me a team a team of younger players who can progress together and learn off the coaches and be guided by a small number of older players, then eventually the older players will be forced out by our youngsters who have learnt a lot of what they need from them instead of teaching loanees who will be gone and the older players trudge on. If you sign a young player for a role then play him not wait two years into his contract and expect them to be any better than when you signed them, give them game time because after sitting on the sidelines so long they will be looking for a way out and the team becomes ever weaker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024