Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread 17:20 - Jan 27 with 16145 viewsModeratorC

All Leicester players rested, ready and waiting.

Latest Swansea City news, comparisons, stats and a Foxes warning 29th Jan 2024 11:11
Swansea City continue their journey in to the crazy world of Championship fixtures tomorrow night when they visit Leicester City. (7:45pm) It’s been a struggle for the Swans every time they meet a form team in this league, and it continued to be last time out. Their last league meeting, a 3-1 home loss to Southampton. 0

TEAM NEWS : Leicester City v Swansea City plus Yates & Mykola latest 30th Jan 2024 13:18
Tonight’s Championship game at Leicester City presents similar issues to that faced at Bournemouth last Thursday night. Very much a Premier League club in waiting with all the attributes of their first year of EPL parachute money, this is the hardest away game of the season. 2

Swansea City : Same old story, same old result, not a lot changes 31st Jan 2024 08:00
Swansea City lost again last night, this time to Leicester City, 3-1. It was a slight improvement on the previous two games which saw the Swans ship eight goals, but that’s eleven goals conceded in three matches, fixtures which were all littered with incredibly naive passing mistakes. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:22 - Jan 31 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:12 - Jan 31 by RichardO

Three games in a row we have been opened up within minutes of the game.
In the first 20 mins of a game you should be working hard keep your defensive shape and tracking runners off the ball just to keep in the game.

There could a case in surprising your opponents with early attacks to catch them off guard but not against better, well organised, quicker teams who are playing well, NO. You don't see Liverpool bombing forward willy nilly against the likes of Man City. The only surprise was in all three games the opposition didn't score even more early on.
We didn't prepare for the expected onslaught very similar to when we go ahead in a game we don't anticipate the inevitable instant response.

Cooper in the end played 4 at the back 5 across the middle leaving a lone striker in Ayew up top.
Why? To shore up our defence. In the middle of the park he played Roberts and Bidwell both full backs wide togive needed protection to our full backs Naughton and Manning and to assist Fulton and Grimes he needed to have another body in there Corey Smith, Gallagher or Hourihane to try and be solid in the middle but alone Grime and Fulton couldn't cope. Ultimately Coopers team with the need to protect weaknesses ended up creating a weakness up front being unable to score many goals, tried opening up in the play off final and suffered the consequences.

Why did I bring up Cooper it is because since his departure we still haven't addressed the weaknesses
We have brought in promising centrehalves, lost some fullbacks who have been replaced, the left side looks promising but the right because of injuries still needs addressing.

As for the centre of midfield that still needs changes. Yes we need pace out wide as the inclusion of Parker showed we can play differently but we are still exposed in the middle of the park as we were under Cooper and he knew it.

Edit, sorry just say I think Martin knew there was an issue to playing both Grimes and Fulton together but didn't work that out until the run at the end of his tenure.
[Post edited 31 Jan 9:20]

But why Rich.
Why does Williams not see he dies not have the players to “ play from the back”
The top teams can and do but not all the time.
It’s about when
To simply gift the ball away is criminal

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:34 - Jan 31 with 936 viewsRichardO

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:22 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

But why Rich.
It’s about when

Obviously things have worked for managers in lower leagues,
Williams has a lot to learn, I have seen managers in work say I don't want to know what others before have done I'm doing things my way and quickly looses the experienced work force.
William 's would be foolhardy not to look as the past under Martin or even Cooper
It's early days, his team have played some of the better organised teams in the division and above and he has tried to keep a relatively settled team so until he can work out what he needs to do to improve the team we have to grin and bare it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 9:36]
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 893 viewscontroversial_jack

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 21:49 - Jan 30 by theloneranger

First goal looked offside - but still poor defending.

Yes it was
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:53 - Jan 31 with 875 viewspete

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:48 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

Yes it was

to be fair think Darling or Ashby played him on side myself but was very tight wonder what would have happened if the boot was on the other foot and we were attacking ?????
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:53 - Jan 31 with 874 viewsLuther27

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:34 - Jan 31 by RichardO

Williams has a lot to learn, I have seen managers in work say I don't want to know what others before have done I'm doing things my way and quickly looses the experienced work force.
William 's would be foolhardy not to look as the past under Martin or even Cooper
It's early days, his team have played some of the better organised teams in the division and above and he has tried to keep a relatively settled team so until he can work out what he needs to do to improve the team we have to grin and bare it.

Not many of us will be grinning if we head to Div 1 though. Football isn’t complex…it’s about not conceding and scoring at the other end. I’m getting a bit fed up of managers talking buzzword drivel to hide behind their own inabilities to understand the basics.
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:59 - Jan 31 with 860 viewsonehunglow

Good riposte
Surely what he has to do is firm a solid base,then build.
He is building a house on sand .
It can’t be done
There is no need for any pain at all.

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:13 - Jan 31 with 830 viewsunion_jack

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:53 - Jan 31 by pete

to be fair think Darling or Ashby played him on side myself but was very tight wonder what would have happened if the boot was on the other foot and we were attacking ?????

Clearly a rhetorical question as you well know the answer to that!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:36 - Jan 31 with 783 viewsunion_jack

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:22 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

But why Rich.
It’s about when

We’ve got a lot more to thank Rushworth for than to blame him but that pass last night leading to their 3rd goal was very very sloppy. It was as if he didn’t care and I’m finding it hard to even write this as I rate him so highly.

I get the impression that just like with RM, the side are told to play this dangerous game, get used to doing it, improve and that the coach will field the flak when it goes wrong.But it doesn’t matter whose fault it is, we shouldn’t be doing it to the extent we do. As you say, we haven’t the quality in the side to do it. We are far too slow at the back and lose the ball too often.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 775 viewsRichardO

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:53 - Jan 31 by Luther27

Not many of us will be grinning if we head to Div 1 though. Football isn’t complex…it’s about not conceding and scoring at the other end. I’m getting a bit fed up of managers talking buzzword drivel to hide behind their own inabilities to understand the basics.

Think Sheehan got it just about right although in the first Southampton game similar results stupid mistakes after a first, compounding the problem, don't think he would have done much better than Williams in the last three games but Sheehan had sorted some of problems out he has seen this season under Duff and steered us up the table away from the relegation area. Now new manager has to lean on him to guide him to see the issues within the squad.
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 663 viewsTreforys_Jack

The slow start we seem to have every game is doing my head in, we could have been dead and buried in the first 20mins of the last 5 or 6 games.
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 621 viewsRichardO

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:14 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

The slow start we seem to have every game is doing my head in, we could have been dead and buried in the first 20mins of the last 5 or 6 games.

We seem unable to cope when pressure is applied through the middle of the park. The wing backs or what ever you call them seem unable to tuck in to close off the routes thriugh the middle of the park which would actually leave the defenders concentrate on the wingers and not midfielders having a easy route through the middle which then leaves room for the wingers to run at our full backs, giving players who can do damage have the freedom of the park.
Doesn't help inviting the opposition high up the park as we try playing out from the back and then push everyone forward without thought of defending the ball into the space left behind.
Doesn't help that the right hand side is shapeless and leader less defensively at the moment for all Cabango's poor passes and bad touches he is the more experienced defender as has been missed.
Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:29 - Jan 31 with 408 viewsmax936

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:41 - Jan 31 by RichardO

We seem unable to cope when pressure is applied through the middle of the park. The wing backs or what ever you call them seem unable to tuck in to close off the routes thriugh the middle of the park which would actually leave the defenders concentrate on the wingers and not midfielders having a easy route through the middle which then leaves room for the wingers to run at our full backs, giving players who can do damage have the freedom of the park.
Doesn't help inviting the opposition high up the park as we try playing out from the back and then push everyone forward without thought of defending the ball into the space left behind.
Doesn't help that the right hand side is shapeless and leader less defensively at the moment for all Cabango's poor passes and bad touches he is the more experienced defender as has been missed.

The midfield has been problematic all season in my opinion, should have been sorted start of this window, even before any winger type player, Winks strangled Grimes all game, different gravy altogether.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:40 - Jan 31 with 392 viewsjackrmee

Yes 👍 and I believe he has the talent to be able to learn on the job. Why I believe that, I don’t know, but he definitely comes across as honest and frank about his own work

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:45 - Jan 31 with 380 viewsjackrmee

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:59 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Good riposte
Surely what he has to do is firm a solid base,then build.
He is building a house on sand .
It can’t be done
There is no need for any pain at all.

But that’s what duff did. Or said he was doing.
Getting the defending right and then work on “the Swansea way”.
Williams said (basically) eff that, I’m going straight in with my style, as that’s the best way to learn it quickly.
I have to take his word on that and believe him. Just so happens they’ve been thrown in the deep end against some top teams. We should now be up to speed quicker, and smash all the losers below us, when that lovely run of matches turns up 👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:49 - Jan 31 with 371 viewsonehunglow

Leicester City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 22:45 - Jan 31 by jackrmee

But that’s what duff did. Or said he was doing.
Getting the defending right and then work on “the Swansea way”.
Williams said (basically) eff that, I’m going straight in with my style, as that’s the best way to learn it quickly.
I have to take his word on that and believe him. Just so happens they’ve been thrown in the deep end against some top teams. We should now be up to speed quicker, and smash all the losers below us, when that lovely run of matches turns up 👍

Hardly a flurry ,but we now have pace
It's down to Williams now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024