Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? 20:31 - Jan 31 with 1382 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan is not playing particularly well at the moment but nobody is in truth and Swansea go through a tough run of fixtures.

However the Nathan Wood recovery tackle on the Leicester forward after the mistake by Humphreys was a wonderful piece of defending and in the Premier league would have been acclaimed as such. The referee was anti football in not checking with his linesman as there was no foul.

Wood used his exceptional pace circumnavigated the defender and somehow got in front of him from his blind side. This must show his high potential and explain why he has been quoted at £10m and linked with Spurs.

Good player struggle in bad teams and flourish in good teams. Williams needs to bring on good athletes like Wood and Azeem to physically dominate weaker teams . Futon is too slow and mechanical.

Azeem has the same athletic ability. Both are 21 -22. They played together v Northampton and dovetailed nicely. I have seen a lot of Azeem as DMF for the u21 where he was a stand out. Parker is another youngster blessed with speed and talent. Something to build off.

[Post edited 31 Jan 20:36]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 21:24 - Jan 31 with 1308 viewsswan65split

The referee was anti football ?

i would say anti Swans
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 1279 viewsangryjack

I thought he never touched the ball
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:00 - Jan 31 with 1244 viewsBoundy

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 21:38 - Jan 31 by angryjack

, I've not had a chance to see a reply from behind the goal but I also thought it was a penalty

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:04 - Jan 31 with 1230 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:00 - Jan 31 by Boundy

, I've not had a chance to see a reply from behind the goal but I also thought it was a penalty

It was nothing less than risky afterHumpfries shutting out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 1214 viewsBoundy

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:04 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

It was nothing less than risky afterHumpfries shutting out

He's no Marc Ghuei thats for sure (Humphries )

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:28 - Jan 31 with 1174 viewsRichardO

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:12 - Jan 31 by Boundy

He's no Marc Ghuei thats for sure (Humphries )

Guehi was part of a settled back four that very rarely pushed up so high because the manager knew the lack of pace in the midfield to cover them when pushing forward, the backs had protection on the flanks and from the packed middle of the park.
Humphreys, Wood Darling and Cabango are suffering with the lack of the afore mentioned protections because the issues in the middle midfield remains and the requested playing style.
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:32 - Jan 31 with 1168 viewsBoundy

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:28 - Jan 31 by RichardO

Guehi was part of a settled back four that very rarely pushed up so high because the manager knew the lack of pace in the midfield to cover them when pushing forward, the backs had protection on the flanks and from the packed middle of the park.
Humphreys, Wood Darling and Cabango are suffering with the lack of the afore mentioned protections because the issues in the middle midfield remains and the requested playing style.

Guehi had a nightmare start with us but turned it round never to look back , I'm not sure whether Humphreys has that inner ability to come anywhere near that standard .I do like to take note who goes onto bigger and better things after their stay with us so I don't have a downer on him but I just think he's slow in thought and movement

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 23:46 - Jan 31 with 1098 viewsRichardO

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 22:32 - Jan 31 by Boundy

Guehi had a nightmare start with us but turned it round never to look back , I'm not sure whether Humphreys has that inner ability to come anywhere near that standard .I do like to take note who goes onto bigger and better things after their stay with us so I don't have a downer on him but I just think he's slow in thought and movement

His general ball control has been quite good and he has been getting the ball out to Tymon much quicker and accurately in front for Tymon to press forward onto when supported correctly.
Think Humphreys has just become unsettled for a little while now maybe trying to hard and his inexperience is showing as he is losing confidence and yet for the most part the major issues seem to be coming down the right side too often. With the loss of Key, Ashby, Darling and Cabango to injuries meaning there has been no consistency throw in the loss of Parker and it has been a struggle on that side.
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 00:40 - Feb 1 with 1072 viewsyatesie3

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 21:38 - Jan 31 by angryjack

He didn't touch the player either. Definitely not a foul
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 01:15 - Feb 1 with 1058 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 00:40 - Feb 1 by yatesie3

He didn't touch the player either. Definitely not a foul

Player fell over him once he got the ball. Madness.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 06:22 - Feb 1 with 967 viewsjack247

Looked a really good tackle (Foxes TV) but not really conclusive either way. The type that VAR probably wouldn’t have overturned, but definitely wouldn’t have overturned if it wasn’t given as a pen.
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 08:41 - Feb 1 with 901 viewsswan65split

From 3,33.....refs a good 25 yards away with possibly naughtin in his sight

but poor defending when defender is waiting for the ball instead of going to it.

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 08:44 - Feb 1 with 896 viewsswan65split

cynics would think the ref could see lil old Swans getting back into the game and the ref decided no way pedro.
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 887 viewsRichardO

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 01:15 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

Player fell over him once he got the ball. Madness.

Got ahead of the ball in an attempt and succeeding, to not make contact with the player, taking the ball out of the control of the player with his upper legs, the attacking players then runs into Wood nowhere near the ball or in control of it, no penalty but the bigger club gets the benefit of the doubt.
Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 814 viewsunion_jack

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 08:41 - Feb 1 by swan65split

From 3,33.....refs a good 25 yards away with possibly naughtin in his sight

but poor defending when defender is waiting for the ball instead of going to it.

Not a pen. No debate needed.

Ref’s actions after, shouting at Swans players to get away from him spoke a 1000 words imo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 13:16 - Feb 1 with 720 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 10:42 - Feb 1 by union_jack

Ref’s actions after, shouting at Swans players to get away from him spoke a 1000 words imo.

Defenders now if there is any contact of legs from behind it is a penalty and red card.

Woods did the miraculous and got to the ball before the forward and made a tackle for his front. This is quite a skill.

I could not imagine one of Swansea bet defenders Ashley Williams doing that. He would not have wimped it like Humphreys though.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 16:26 - Feb 1 with 652 viewsswan65split

Nathan Woods recovery tackle. It was some tackle? on 10:42 - Feb 1 by union_jack

I suspect a few of us know theres a a few refs in there that give us a rough deal!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024