Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go 00:11 - Feb 4 with 3271 viewsowainglyndwr

Stay up
Or
Going Down ,

My thoughts is if we get dragged in, i dont think we have the fight to stay up , the teams that have struggled to get out all year will carry the fight
Here we go on 16:46 - Feb 4 with 1046 viewsReslovenSwan1

Over the last five years, , clubs have needed 43 points to stave off relegation.

Over 10 years the average is 45 points. There have been some point deductions like last year with Reading so last year cannot be counted upon.

Swansea therefore need only 4 more wins. Over that time in the championship every season Swansea have come on strong over the last ten games from memory

Wise sage since Toshack era

Here we go on 23:46 - Feb 4 with 953 viewsowainglyndwr

Here we go on 16:46 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Over the last five years, , clubs have needed 43 points to stave off relegation.

Over 10 years the average is 45 points. There have been some point deductions like last year with Reading so last year cannot be counted upon.

Swansea therefore need only 4 more wins. Over that time in the championship every season Swansea have come on strong over the last ten games from memory

Well hopefully one of these wins being over the unclean
Here we go on 07:25 - Feb 5 with 896 viewsPawelAbbott

With the way that the fixtures have worked out, over the next 2 games we play 2 sides in the top 6. The teams below us have a run of fixtures against each other. Some of the teams therefore will definitely be picking up points.
If we don't get anything from the next 2 then we are assured of being dragged closer to the drop.
When it gets that close, then it doesn't matter what the historical average is, we have to pick up more points than those around us, however many that is.
At the moment we aren't picking up anything.
Williams can't spend weeks getting us to play some new style.
Defeats but with signs of improvement arent going to be enough
[Post edited 5 Feb 14:28]
Here we go on 08:22 - Feb 5 with 861 viewsbennytheblue

Here we go on 23:46 - Feb 4 by owainglyndwr

Well hopefully one of these wins being over the unclean

Reckon it’s our turn to win by a few like you lot did here in the last few years….if we can add to your misery you know we can oblige with pleasure
Here we go on 08:29 - Feb 5 with 855 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 07:25 - Feb 5 by PawelAbbott

With the way that the fixtures have worked out, over the next 2 games we play 2 sides in the top 6. The teams below us have a run of fixtures against each other. Some of the teams therefore will definitely be picking up points.
If we don't get anything from the next 2 then we are assured of being dragged closer to the drop.
When it gets that close, then it doesn't matter what the historical average is, we have to pick up more points than those around us, however many that is.
At the moment we aren't picking up anything.
Williams can't spend weeks getting us to play some new style.
Defeats but with signs of improvement arent going to be enough
[Post edited 5 Feb 14:28]

Think the cursed auto correct has struck on the last sentence.

Don't know if he will change the defence for the next game even if Darling or Ashby are available and wouldn't want to rush Key back.
Naughton did ok but to be fair Plymouths right-side had their hands full.
One good point was we didn't rush our press but by making sure our players were in a position we reduced the number of balls played out from the back making them go long which we coped with because the defence was also positioned correctly similar to the run at the end of last season.

Don't want to see Grimes in a defensive midfield role if I am honest unless all the midfielders around him know to drop deep to cover him as he pushes forward because once he has committed to going forward he is never going to be able to catch opposition break aways, midfielders driving through the middle of the park, he never has been able to do it and that is why we crumble under pressure Steve Cooper made sure he had that protection when employing Fulton and Korey Smith but that reduced our number of goals scored given we didn't have proper wingers in Bidwell and Roberts but defensively sound.
We now look as if we have got wingers who can hurt teams but need to find the right combinations in the middle of the park.
We shouldn't go down but until the team is playing as a cohesive unit we will remain in trouble.
Here we go on 09:16 - Feb 5 with 822 viewsonehunglow

Here we go on 08:29 - Feb 5 by RichardO

Think the cursed auto correct has struck on the last sentence.

Don't know if he will change the defence for the next game even if Darling or Ashby are available and wouldn't want to rush Key back.
Naughton did ok but to be fair Plymouths right-side had their hands full.
One good point was we didn't rush our press but by making sure our players were in a position we reduced the number of balls played out from the back making them go long which we coped with because the defence was also positioned correctly similar to the run at the end of last season.

Don't want to see Grimes in a defensive midfield role if I am honest unless all the midfielders around him know to drop deep to cover him as he pushes forward because once he has committed to going forward he is never going to be able to catch opposition break aways, midfielders driving through the middle of the park, he never has been able to do it and that is why we crumble under pressure Steve Cooper made sure he had that protection when employing Fulton and Korey Smith but that reduced our number of goals scored given we didn't have proper wingers in Bidwell and Roberts but defensively sound.
We now look as if we have got wingers who can hurt teams but need to find the right combinations in the middle of the park.
We shouldn't go down but until the team is playing as a cohesive unit we will remain in trouble.

“ improvement “
This should factor in the base from which improvement is seen.
Somebody seriously suggest our defensive frailties are now improving with new coach .
Please.
It is the same old song.
A coach spouting the same shyte for the gullible
The results proving there is no improvement at all.
At least he accepts the concept of relegation. That’s a relief,an improvement really ,one could say.
Games are running out .
We leak dumb goals
We cannot convert chances
We are stuck with Yates
The Uke won’t be Ed the field of play
We have well past it players in key roles
Our crowds are losing heart
Fans turn on each other
Owners who are inept

Improvement ?
Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Here we go on 11:07 - Feb 5 with 786 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 09:16 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

“ improvement “
This should factor in the base from which improvement is seen.
Somebody seriously suggest our defensive frailties are now improving with new coach .
Please.
It is the same old song.
A coach spouting the same shyte for the gullible
The results proving there is no improvement at all.
At least he accepts the concept of relegation. That’s a relief,an improvement really ,one could say.
Games are running out .
We leak dumb goals
We cannot convert chances
We are stuck with Yates
The Uke won’t be Ed the field of play
We have well past it players in key roles
Our crowds are losing heart
Fans turn on each other
Owners who are inept

Improvement ?
Yeah baby

The fear with bringing in Williams was he was going to have to learn all about his teams weaknesses,
Sheehan who had been with us all season tried to address them with some degree of success getting points on the board although against a better team Sheehans team's weakness was readily exposed.
Williams has come in and had a nunber tough games against better teams with similar results to Sheehans against a better team. So what did Williams learn from that basically nothing new as we knew we could not in all honesty match the better teams in the division.
The two games that he should be learning from are the Birmingham and the Plymouth games which we should have got more points from and work out why we didn't.
Remains to be seen if he can figure out why we didn't get more out of these games.
This season we have seen Darling pushing up out wide to compete aerially to win the ball high up the pitch because our centre forwards are unable to do so.We have been unable to keep high up the pitch effectively or quickly to sustain pressure on teams, the inclusion of Parker, Key, Ronald and Placheta seem to keep us more on the front foot, the former two being injured doesn't help but the question to be asked is what does Williams do to keep more pressure on the opposition because we can't seem to do that without leaving big gaps at the back and keeping the pressure on ourselves.
Here we go on 11:23 - Feb 5 with 758 viewsjack247

Here we go on 11:07 - Feb 5 by RichardO

The fear with bringing in Williams was he was going to have to learn all about his teams weaknesses,
Sheehan who had been with us all season tried to address them with some degree of success getting points on the board although against a better team Sheehans team's weakness was readily exposed.
Williams has come in and had a nunber tough games against better teams with similar results to Sheehans against a better team. So what did Williams learn from that basically nothing new as we knew we could not in all honesty match the better teams in the division.
The two games that he should be learning from are the Birmingham and the Plymouth games which we should have got more points from and work out why we didn't.
Remains to be seen if he can figure out why we didn't get more out of these games.
This season we have seen Darling pushing up out wide to compete aerially to win the ball high up the pitch because our centre forwards are unable to do so.We have been unable to keep high up the pitch effectively or quickly to sustain pressure on teams, the inclusion of Parker, Key, Ronald and Placheta seem to keep us more on the front foot, the former two being injured doesn't help but the question to be asked is what does Williams do to keep more pressure on the opposition because we can't seem to do that without leaving big gaps at the back and keeping the pressure on ourselves.

I’m not sure Darling as a right back is a bad idea with Ronald in front of him. Obviously I’d prefer Key, but Darling brings the aerial dominance we don’t have anywhere else.

Naughton did a good job of sitting back, not overcommitting to attacks and looking for balls down the line to Ronald on Saturday. No reason Darling can’t do that. He may not have Naughtons guile, but he brings the option of dropping one of the midfielders into cover and going wide for goal kicks so we can hit Ronald more directly. Also gives opponents the dilemma of who to put their centre backs on at set pieces. He’s the danger, but difficult to then pick Wood and Cabango up unless they are three at the back or it’s Ipswich and Keiffer Moore.
Login to get fewer ads

Here we go on 12:25 - Feb 5 with 719 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 11:23 - Feb 5 by jack247

I’m not sure Darling as a right back is a bad idea with Ronald in front of him. Obviously I’d prefer Key, but Darling brings the aerial dominance we don’t have anywhere else.

Naughton did a good job of sitting back, not overcommitting to attacks and looking for balls down the line to Ronald on Saturday. No reason Darling can’t do that. He may not have Naughtons guile, but he brings the option of dropping one of the midfielders into cover and going wide for goal kicks so we can hit Ronald more directly. Also gives opponents the dilemma of who to put their centre backs on at set pieces. He’s the danger, but difficult to then pick Wood and Cabango up unless they are three at the back or it’s Ipswich and Keiffer Moore.

Think Ronald can hold his own aerial rather have Kuharevich providing additional height even with Darling in the team.
When you consider how lightweight a number of our players seem to be just want to see more strength or guile in the middle of the park.
Here we go on 12:33 - Feb 5 with 708 viewsonehunglow

Here we go on 11:07 - Feb 5 by RichardO

It's his job to do do

Here we go on 12:58 - Feb 5 with 690 viewsjack247

Here we go on 12:25 - Feb 5 by RichardO

Think Ronald can hold his own aerial rather have Kuharevich providing additional height even with Darling in the team.
When you consider how lightweight a number of our players seem to be just want to see more strength or guile in the middle of the park.

Kuharevych instead of Yates/Cullen is a different argument again. I’d have certainly tried it, I think all of us would, but none of the three managers have, so I’m guessing there’s something we’re not seeing.

Ronald can’t win flick ons to himself. I’m talking about putting Darling out wide for goal
Kicks like we did with Lowe. One of the midfielders covering the space behind him until he’s back in position.

Last point definitely. I was hoping for a box to box or physical defensive midfielder in the window. We’ve got a lot of similar players in midfield.
Here we go on 13:50 - Feb 5 with 644 viewsFlashberryjack

Keep playing with a lame duck striker up front and we're going down.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Here we go on 13:54 - Feb 5 with 634 viewsonehunglow

Here we go on 13:50 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

Keep playing with a lame duck striker up front and we're going down.

Should be obvious.
Ronald has hardly been with us for a few minutes yet he struts around ,charges at opponents and crosses the ball only to see an abject excuse for a CF either miss or simply shyte out or simply not react .
Ron will get mightily cheesed off if this continues

We need to keep him happy. He could be our talisman

Here we go on 14:32 - Feb 5 with 617 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 12:58 - Feb 5 by jack247

Kuharevych instead of Yates/Cullen is a different argument again. I’d have certainly tried it, I think all of us would, but none of the three managers have, so I’m guessing there’s something we’re not seeing.

Ronald can’t win flick ons to himself. I’m talking about putting Darling out wide for goal
Kicks like we did with Lowe. One of the midfielders covering the space behind him until he’s back in position.

Last point definitely. I was hoping for a box to box or physical defensive midfielder in the window. We’ve got a lot of similar players in midfield.

Until Kuharevich has a fair amount of time on the pitch and not a five minute run-out I really don't think you can really judge a players worth to a team until you give them a fair chance if we had kept Guehi on the bench after his initial performances we would have been nowhere near the play offs, really pointless having players at the club if you are not going to use them.

With Ronald is not about flicks on to himself it about being able to make us competitive in the long ball situation most defenders use the touch line as an aid strong arming players so they are unable to compete for the ball resulting in throw in, think Ronald hold his own in that area from what little I have seen of him.

As for Darling we had just scored against Birmingham and he had pushed up as the ball was play back to our goalie who played the ball long and wide and we didn't win the knockdown leaving the ball played to Dembele, nobody covering for him to stroll in toward goal for an equalise to be scored straight away. No thought of consolating our lead just throwing it away.

Which leads to your last point yes I would like better, stronger midfielders but if our wingers, wingbacks or just play old midfielders tuck in when we adopt a defensive set up then that blocks the central pathways through us, if they play it across the back to try and utilise their wingers if our full backs are tight to the wingers it only leaves the option of over the top for the wingers with should be covered by central defenders coming across and midfielders dropping deep to cover or vice-versa if their fullbacks try and overlap then our wide men can then move out to prevent them going forward. There is the question of balls into feet and turning players but if the players are switched on then we should be able to force the game into less dangerous areas.

A lot harder to negate against better players but
I don't know if our central midfielders as well as others are over thinking things or are just not switch on to things being reactive instead of proactive, Ronald seemed really aware of what was going on around him and by being proactive created space for our defenders, even Cabango, to play some good quick balls that caused them trouble hope that proactive style of play rubs off on other players .
Here we go on 15:08 - Feb 5 with 593 viewsjack247

Here we go on 14:32 - Feb 5 by RichardO

Until Kuharevich has a fair amount of time on the pitch and not a five minute run-out I really don't think you can really judge a players worth to a team until you give them a fair chance if we had kept Guehi on the bench after his initial performances we would have been nowhere near the play offs, really pointless having players at the club if you are not going to use them.

With Ronald is not about flicks on to himself it about being able to make us competitive in the long ball situation most defenders use the touch line as an aid strong arming players so they are unable to compete for the ball resulting in throw in, think Ronald hold his own in that area from what little I have seen of him.

As for Darling we had just scored against Birmingham and he had pushed up as the ball was play back to our goalie who played the ball long and wide and we didn't win the knockdown leaving the ball played to Dembele, nobody covering for him to stroll in toward goal for an equalise to be scored straight away. No thought of consolating our lead just throwing it away.

Which leads to your last point yes I would like better, stronger midfielders but if our wingers, wingbacks or just play old midfielders tuck in when we adopt a defensive set up then that blocks the central pathways through us, if they play it across the back to try and utilise their wingers if our full backs are tight to the wingers it only leaves the option of over the top for the wingers with should be covered by central defenders coming across and midfielders dropping deep to cover or vice-versa if their fullbacks try and overlap then our wide men can then move out to prevent them going forward. There is the question of balls into feet and turning players but if the players are switched on then we should be able to force the game into less dangerous areas.

A lot harder to negate against better players but
I don't know if our central midfielders as well as others are over thinking things or are just not switch on to things being reactive instead of proactive, Ronald seemed really aware of what was going on around him and by being proactive created space for our defenders, even Cabango, to play some good quick balls that caused them trouble hope that proactive style of play rubs off on other players .

We can’t judge that no. I’d guess we’d unanimously give him a run out on here. The football professionals who see him in training every day are in a much better position to judge and so far none of them have even seen him as a last 10 minutes chasing the game option.

I agree Ronald is physical enough. I meant Darling is an avenue to playing him in quite directly. We can’t launch goal kicks at him. It worked well with Lowe against Sunderland. Yes, when that happens, someone has to cover the space Darling vacates. It’s not for long, but it’s a gaping hole for quicker wide players to run at our centre backs if we lose possession with him advanced and wide.

Rest of it I agree with.
Here we go on 15:12 - Feb 5 with 591 viewsPawelAbbott

Here we go on 15:08 - Feb 5 by jack247

We can’t judge that no. I’d guess we’d unanimously give him a run out on here. The football professionals who see him in training every day are in a much better position to judge and so far none of them have even seen him as a last 10 minutes chasing the game option.

I agree Ronald is physical enough. I meant Darling is an avenue to playing him in quite directly. We can’t launch goal kicks at him. It worked well with Lowe against Sunderland. Yes, when that happens, someone has to cover the space Darling vacates. It’s not for long, but it’s a gaping hole for quicker wide players to run at our centre backs if we lose possession with him advanced and wide.

Rest of it I agree with.

As you say, none of the football professionals who see him train believe that he is in a position to be given game time. It rather begs the question "how many times was he watched before we spent £2M on him?"
Here we go on 16:12 - Feb 5 with 561 viewsnantywatcher

Here we go on 15:12 - Feb 5 by PawelAbbott

As you say, none of the football professionals who see him train believe that he is in a position to be given game time. It rather begs the question "how many times was he watched before we spent £2M on him?"

That same question also applies to Yates.
Here we go on 16:56 - Feb 5 with 528 viewsRichardO

Here we go on 16:12 - Feb 5 by nantywatcher

That same question also applies to Yates.

Obgeta, Congreve, Pedersen and Kuharevich all played minutes and looked as if they had something to offer the team which we didn't have, all over looked, do you expect them to fit seamlessly into the team definitely not but dumped really seems silly to me. I also take note we now have gone from four fullbacks on the left to only one in one transfer window, given what has happened on the right it seems very short sighted to me.
[Post edited 5 Feb 17:23]
Here we go on 17:07 - Feb 5 with 512 viewsPawelAbbott

Here we go on 16:56 - Feb 5 by RichardO

Obgeta, Congreve, Pedersen and Kuharevich all played minutes and looked as if they had something to offer the team which we didn't have, all over looked, do you expect them to fit seamlessly into the team definitely not but dumped really seems silly to me. I also take note we now have gone from four fullbacks on the left to only one in one transfer window, given what has happened on the right it seems very short sighted to me.
[Post edited 5 Feb 17:23]

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of planning going on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024