Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Senedd Reforms 14:35 - Feb 4 with 1097 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

More members. Closed lists. Different voting system. Is there anybody out there who actually supports this or thinks it’s a good idea?

https://www.gov.wales/senedd-reform

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The Senedd Reforms on 14:47 - Feb 4 with 1086 viewsSullutaCreturned

Even Prof Laura MacAllister (her of the commission who says indy is viable) says closed lists are a bad idea. Dafydd Wigley says it is very dangerous.

Here's a thing, I tried to start a petition to have a referendum on the Senedd reform bill and the Senedd rejected it and have a look at this and other rejected petitions,

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions?state=rejected

That's democracy Senedd style for you.
The Senedd Reforms on 14:55 - Feb 4 with 1077 viewsWhiterockin

Was it in the last manifesto or was it loosely veiled as reform Senedd administration.
The Senedd Reforms on 15:04 - Feb 4 with 1071 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Senedd Reforms on 14:55 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Was it in the last manifesto or was it loosely veiled as reform Senedd administration.

Who looks at manifestos? Specially people like me who doesn't vote for Labour, Tory, Plaid, LibDems etc and goes for independent cnadidates.
The Senedd Reforms on 15:06 - Feb 4 with 1071 viewsmax936

The Senedd Reforms on 14:55 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

They all behave the same, the Tories at No10 and now Labour at the Senedd, they're all rats sailing on different ships one is blue and the other red!

I won't be voting for either of the shysters.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Senedd Reforms on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 1034 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Any significant constitutional change such as this or a major alteration to the way we vote should always go to referendum.

The Senedd Reforms on 18:20 - Feb 4 with 1026 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

“ A separate Bill will be introduced by the Welsh Government later in the year. It will set out plans to introduce gender quotas for Senedd electoral candidates.”

Yay more purple haired freaks.

The Senedd Reforms on 18:50 - Feb 4 with 1004 viewsAnotherJohn

The closed lists are the biggest backward step since devolution. Henceforth we cannot vote for individuals, only parties, and that seems to torpedo the hope of getting more independents in the Senedd that a few on here had. Labour has been a total disaster in Wales, and I can't say how depressed I am that so many will vote that way whatever policies are proposed. Expect more rules introduced for our "own good", as determined by the bloated Senedd, of course.
The Senedd Reforms on 18:53 - Feb 4 with 1002 viewsFlashberryjack

The Senedd Reforms on 18:20 - Feb 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

“ A separate Bill will be introduced by the Welsh Government later in the year. It will set out plans to introduce gender quotas for Senedd electoral candidates.”

Yay more purple haired freaks.

Madness!!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

The Senedd Reforms on 19:51 - Feb 4 with 968 viewsDr_Winston

Is, and always has been, an attempt to finally kill democracy in Wales.

We're basically going to be a Soviet Republic about 30 years after that fell out of fashion, with the according drop in living standards for all involved other than those at the top.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Senedd Reforms on 20:43 - Feb 4 with 939 viewsBoundy

Any non democracy . sorry Senedd supporters care to comment ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Senedd Reforms on 21:04 - Feb 4 with 918 viewsmajorraglan

The Senedd Reforms on 20:43 - Feb 4 by Boundy

Any non democracy . sorry Senedd supporters care to comment ?

I’m generally pro Senedd, but you can’t defend the indefensible!

I want to know who I’m voting for, I want to know what my candidate believes and where they stand on a raft of issues, I don’t want any of this list BS nor do I want to see an increase in the number of AM’s which is indefensible. I’ve worked in a number of different places including the public and private sectors, when budgets are under pressure it usually means cuts in numbers and those who are left have to work harder - sometimes much harder and that’s what the AM’s need to do.

Integrity, transparency, accountability and lawful are the order of the day.
[Post edited 4 Feb 21:07]
The Senedd Reforms on 21:40 - Feb 4 with 888 viewsWhiterockin

The Senedd Reforms on 21:04 - Feb 4 by majorraglan

I’m generally pro Senedd, but you can’t defend the indefensible!

I want to know who I’m voting for, I want to know what my candidate believes and where they stand on a raft of issues, I don’t want any of this list BS nor do I want to see an increase in the number of AM’s which is indefensible. I’ve worked in a number of different places including the public and private sectors, when budgets are under pressure it usually means cuts in numbers and those who are left have to work harder - sometimes much harder and that’s what the AM’s need to do.

Integrity, transparency, accountability and lawful are the order of the day.
[Post edited 4 Feb 21:07]

It's like a political cartel, you are not able to leave a mainstream political party if you disagree with the policies or you are not on the list for the next elections. So no more independent members in Wales?
The Senedd Reforms on 20:17 - Feb 5 with 804 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Senedd Reforms on 21:40 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

It's like a political cartel, you are not able to leave a mainstream political party if you disagree with the policies or you are not on the list for the next elections. So no more independent members in Wales?

That's the plan, if there are no more independents and they know the majority won't vote tory it means Labour has no genuine opposition.

It's as undemocratic as it gets but dressed up as the best thing for Wales when we can see it's purely the best thing for Welsh Labour.
The Senedd Reforms on 20:44 - Feb 5 with 774 viewsBoundy

The Senedd Reforms on 20:17 - Feb 5 by SullutaCreturned

That's the plan, if there are no more independents and they know the majority won't vote tory it means Labour has no genuine opposition.

It's as undemocratic as it gets but dressed up as the best thing for Wales when we can see it's purely the best thing for Welsh Labour.

I agree the majority wont vote Tory but I think enough will vote them just to give Labour a bloody nose , 468 thousand have signed a petition against the 20mph I guess a good percentage will be voters with a an axe to grind, hence the back tracking by some AMs .

The Senedd Reforms on 21:41 - Feb 5 with 737 viewsFlashberryjack

The Senedd Reforms on 20:44 - Feb 5 by Boundy

I agree the majority wont vote Tory but I think enough will vote them just to give Labour a bloody nose , 468 thousand have signed a petition against the 20mph I guess a good percentage will be voters with a an axe to grind, hence the back tracking by some AMs .

Welsh labour need more than a bloody nose, they need voting out.

Unfortunately, they may well end up with fewer less votes, but they'll still have enough votes to still have he majority in the Senedd.

Hello

The Senedd Reforms on 22:25 - Feb 5 with 714 viewsLuther27

The Senedd Reforms on 21:41 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

Welsh labour need more than a bloody nose, they need voting out.

Unfortunately, they may well end up with fewer less votes, but they'll still have enough votes to still have he majority in the Senedd.

Why would anyone vote Labour after what this Stalinist crowd has put us through since they were elected.
The next election gives the Welsh people a chance to get rid of them. If they revert to type and still vote for Labour then God help the rest of us.
The Senedd Reforms on 22:31 - Feb 5 with 698 viewsWhiterockin

The Senedd Reforms on 22:25 - Feb 5 by Luther27

Why would anyone vote Labour after what this Stalinist crowd has put us through since they were elected.
The next election gives the Welsh people a chance to get rid of them. If they revert to type and still vote for Labour then God help the rest of us.

I wonder if the influx of older English residents and the exodus of young Labour voters will have any influence on the next election.
The Senedd Reforms on 01:41 - Feb 6 with 663 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Senedd Reforms on 18:50 - Feb 4 by AnotherJohn

The closed lists are the biggest backward step since devolution. Henceforth we cannot vote for individuals, only parties, and that seems to torpedo the hope of getting more independents in the Senedd that a few on here had. Labour has been a total disaster in Wales, and I can't say how depressed I am that so many will vote that way whatever policies are proposed. Expect more rules introduced for our "own good", as determined by the bloated Senedd, of course.

The fact you can not vote for an individual goes against the roots of democracy where communities picked their representative.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Senedd Reforms on 08:28 - Feb 6 with 621 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Senedd Reforms on 14:47 - Feb 4 by SullutaCreturned

Even Prof Laura MacAllister (her of the commission who says indy is viable) says closed lists are a bad idea. Dafydd Wigley says it is very dangerous.

Here's a thing, I tried to start a petition to have a referendum on the Senedd reform bill and the Senedd rejected it and have a look at this and other rejected petitions,

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions?state=rejected

That's democracy Senedd style for you.

You could sign the current Senedd petition

"I oppose the Welsh Government Senedd Teform Bill from becoming law.

So far it has 18,070 signatures and is the second most signed petition after the
" rescind the 20mph law" 468,742 signatures.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Senedd Reforms on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 591 viewsOhyeah

Jac o the North's excellent view on the Corruption Bay shenanigans......

https://jacothenorth.net/blog/
The Senedd Reforms on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 580 viewsAnotherJohn

The Senedd Reforms on 08:28 - Feb 6 by felixstowe_jack

You could sign the current Senedd petition

"I oppose the Welsh Government Senedd Teform Bill from becoming law.

So far it has 18,070 signatures and is the second most signed petition after the
" rescind the 20mph law" 468,742 signatures.

Please consider signing.

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/245625
The Senedd Reforms on 11:25 - Feb 6 with 553 viewsBoundy

The Senedd Reforms on 10:26 - Feb 6 by AnotherJohn

Please consider signing.

Willingly signed

The Senedd Reforms on 11:59 - Feb 6 with 538 viewsFlashberryjack

Signed

Hello

The Senedd Reforms on 19:16 - Feb 6 with 462 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Senedd Reforms on 10:26 - Feb 6 by AnotherJohn

Please consider signing.

I'm going to. The reason they gave for turning down my petition for a referenda is because apparently the Senedd cannot call one, I'd have to petition Westminster. That makes absolutely no sense and can you imagine the Weslhnats reaction is Westminster said there would be a vote on this and the Senedd lost?

On major constitutional change the people should always have the final say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024