Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry John RIP ... 17:08 - Feb 4 with 795 viewstheloneranger

"Barry John, the legendary former Cardiff, Wales and British and Irish Lions fly-half has died aged 79."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68170605

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Barry John RIP ... on 17:10 - Feb 4 with 788 viewsswan65split

RIP
Barry John RIP ... on 17:26 - Feb 4 with 775 viewsmax936

Just had a message about it very sad hope he saw that 2nd half yesterday and enjoyed the fast ruining Rugby Wales produced .

Another Welsh Rugby Legend dead!

RIP Barry John.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barry John RIP ... on 17:32 - Feb 4 with 763 viewstheloneranger

Unbelievable, but he retired at 27, because he didn't want to be in the limelight anymore!!

RIP "The King"

Heaven will have a cracking team this year - Phil Bennett will only make the bench. 😇

Barry John RIP ... on 17:50 - Feb 4 with 726 viewsbuilthjack

I remember my old manager, Meirion Appleton, telling us stories about him. I think Meirion was some kind of agent for him. I can’t repeat them, but sounded like a rum boy.
Brilliant player in his time.
RIP.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barry John RIP ... on 18:13 - Feb 4 with 692 viewsBoundy

It appears we're now entering a period in which greats of our youth are sadly passing , a player we all wanted to be and despite his early retirement a player never forgotten . RIP the King

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Barry John RIP ... on 18:28 - Feb 4 with 683 viewsTogg

Barry John RIP ... on 17:50 - Feb 4 by builthjack

I remember my old manager, Meirion Appleton, telling us stories about him. I think Meirion was some kind of agent for him. I can’t repeat them, but sounded like a rum boy.
Brilliant player in his time.
RIP.

He liked a beer. Great player. Arguably the best 10 off all time
Barry John RIP ... on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 619 viewstheloneranger

I used to see Barry John quite often in The George, Walters Road, when he used to cover the All Whites (long before the regions) as a sports reporter.

A lovely guy sitting by the bar, and would sometimes chat, but other times seemed that he wanted to remain anonymous.

Barry John RIP ... on 20:45 - Feb 4 with 604 viewsmajorraglan

RIP.

I’ve been watching club rugby for over 50 years, but I’m too young to remember him playing. One of many fantastic outside halves we produced in the 1960’s and 1970’s. David Watkins, Barry John, Phil Bennet and John Bevan. Oh to have a player like that these days, pretty sure we’d have been the Scot’s yesterday with one of them at the helm.
Login to get fewer ads

Barry John RIP ... on 20:48 - Feb 4 with 599 viewsessexswan

Barry John RIP ... on 20:45 - Feb 4 by majorraglan

RIP.

I’ve been watching club rugby for over 50 years, but I’m too young to remember him playing. One of many fantastic outside halves we produced in the 1960’s and 1970’s. David Watkins, Barry John, Phil Bennet and John Bevan. Oh to have a player like that these days, pretty sure we’d have been the Scot’s yesterday with one of them at the helm.

He actually was a living legend. RIP
Barry John RIP ... on 21:03 - Feb 4 with 589 viewsonehunglow

Wow.
JPR followed by Barry John .
Sad

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barry John RIP ... on 21:27 - Feb 4 with 565 viewshowenjack

RIP , the first rugby superstar and with good reason. He could do it all , kick , run , sidestep swerve . They didn't call him "the King " in New Zealand for nothing . RIP .
A sad day for Welsh rugby.
Barry John RIP ... on 21:44 - Feb 4 with 554 viewsmax936

Barry John RIP ... on 17:32 - Feb 4 by theloneranger

Unbelievable, but he retired at 27, because he didn't want to be in the limelight anymore!!

RIP "The King"

Heaven will have a cracking team this year - Phil Bennett will only make the bench. 😇

Watched Slammed in the Eighties earlier, main focus was on Jiffy, the way the players were treated when they came back from NZ by the WRU was nothing short of disgusting, they were playing NZ and their club sides who were basically professional our team had to take unpaid leave and pay for themselves to go on that Tour, I don't blame him and others who went North after the treatment they were subject to off the WRU when they came back.

I used to see Jiffy quite often lovely guy and really down to earth and easy to talk to and he's got a wicked sense of humour he's a real character

Not seen him for a while now though unfortunately.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barry John RIP ... on 08:56 - Feb 5 with 463 viewsonehunglow

Barry John RIP ... on 21:44 - Feb 4 by max936

Watched Slammed in the Eighties earlier, main focus was on Jiffy, the way the players were treated when they came back from NZ by the WRU was nothing short of disgusting, they were playing NZ and their club sides who were basically professional our team had to take unpaid leave and pay for themselves to go on that Tour, I don't blame him and others who went North after the treatment they were subject to off the WRU when they came back.

I used to see Jiffy quite often lovely guy and really down to earth and easy to talk to and he's got a wicked sense of humour he's a real character

Not seen him for a while now though unfortunately.

Still revered in south Lancs and throughout RL
Going north wasn’t easy and only the best survived
Jiffy was brilliant

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barry John RIP ... on 23:58 - Feb 5 with 386 viewsKilkennyjack

Barry John RIP ... on 08:56 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

Still revered in south Lancs and throughout RL
Going north wasn’t easy and only the best survived
Jiffy was brilliant

An all time great OHL, a generational talent.

Yes brilliant.

Beware of the Risen People

Barry John RIP ... on 01:27 - Feb 6 with 381 viewsRobbie

How could Jiffy do commentary on a WRU game on Friday night fixture on live tele .
Then turn up on the Saturday covering Rugby League broadcasts , good knowledge of rules in both areas , alas I do not follow RFL since Eddie Waring days .

JPR , Merv the Swerve and now Barry John , memories of the old Arms Park . RIP .
Barry John RIP ... on 07:33 - Feb 6 with 364 viewstheloneranger

Barry was working alongside Tosh in the Dragon Hotel at the Gola Sports Fayre in February 1978, when Malcolm Struel approached Tosh to become our next player manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024