Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing 09:40 - Feb 14 with 1768 viewsSwansIndependent

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing 14th Feb 2024 09:39
Luke Williams was possibly the most disappointed we have seen him after a Swans game last night. Reflecting on the match he was critical and frustrated with his team. And his words were remarkably similar to that of Russell Martin last season. 0

Luke at a loss, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 10:11 - Feb 14 with 1688 viewsDr_Winston

We could also do with not playing a suicidally high defensive line against a team with such mobile, pacy forwards, but that would involve acknowleding his own errors. Something else remarkably similar to Martin last season.

You'd think that Bournemouth would have been enough of a lesson but apparently not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 10:50 - Feb 14 with 1595 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 10:11 - Feb 14 by Dr_Winston

We could also do with not playing a suicidally high defensive line against a team with such mobile, pacy forwards, but that would involve acknowleding his own errors. Something else remarkably similar to Martin last season.

You'd think that Bournemouth would have been enough of a lesson but apparently not.

Everything is similar, from the words especially. Martin had a better side last season, let’s hope Luke can find the form Martin did for the run in last season. For me, Fulton and Grimes slow the ball down too much, same old story there. We have Nathan Wood he is an English schools champion athlete who was beaten for oace last night, coupled with Cabango. Tymon works hard but hasn’t got the pace either. I have to say Rushworth had a bad game as well positioning wise.

Maybe Wood and Cabango are fearing injury again so won’t open up and run at full tilt ?

We are just very very average.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 1537 viewsonehunglow

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 10:50 - Feb 14 by KeithHaynes

Everything is similar, from the words especially. Martin had a better side last season, let’s hope Luke can find the form Martin did for the run in last season. For me, Fulton and Grimes slow the ball down too much, same old story there. We have Nathan Wood he is an English schools champion athlete who was beaten for oace last night, coupled with Cabango. Tymon works hard but hasn’t got the pace either. I have to say Rushworth had a bad game as well positioning wise.

Maybe Wood and Cabango are fearing injury again so won’t open up and run at full tilt ?

Hull was an improvement and gave us a little spring in the step. Pity it didn’t last
Dena Vu,I’m afraid.
Notts Co also conceded a lorra goals

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:32 - Feb 14 with 1514 viewsPlankton

Rodon, James, Roberts, Piroe.

All either allowed to leave or sold for profit.

If these owners had any REAL ambition, these players would still be here and we would be challenging like Leeds are.
[Post edited 14 Feb 11:32]
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:49 - Feb 14 with 1462 viewsYrAlarch

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:32 - Feb 14 by Plankton

If these owners had any REAL ambition, these players would still be here and we would be challenging like Leeds are.

They have ambition, just the wrong ambition.
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 12:30 - Feb 14 with 1383 viewsonehunglow

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:32 - Feb 14 by Plankton

Suppose it’s painful to compare Rodon with who have replaced him.

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 13:45 - Feb 14 with 1304 viewsBoundy

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:49 - Feb 14 by YrAlarch

They do indeed but it doesn't include the Swans , happy to just roll along adjusting as needs be but no real ambition to push us on

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 13:58 - Feb 14 with 1288 viewsunion_jack

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 11:49 - Feb 14 by YrAlarch

Ambition within a price range. May of course be a sensible approach. Who knows!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:11 - Feb 14 with 1257 viewsWhiterockin

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 13:58 - Feb 14 by union_jack

Ambition within a price range. May of course be a sensible approach. Who knows!

If you add the original investment to money used to buy the additional shares, their 70% holding is worth about 50% of their outlay. How could that be a sensible approach off the field.

We have gone from a Premier League club when they took over to a bottom half championship club how could that be a sensible approach.

We were developing young players and bringing them through, now apart from the odd one here and there it's not happening, how is that a sensible approach.

Gates are falling, we will be lucky to get 15,000 on Saturday and little is being done to improve this, how is it possibly as sensible approach.

Where is the ambition in any way shape or form.
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:18 - Feb 14 with 1230 viewsonehunglow

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:11 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

If you add the original investment to money used to buy the additional shares, their 70% holding is worth about 50% of their outlay. How could that be a sensible approach off the field.

We have gone from a Premier League club when they took over to a bottom half championship club how could that be a sensible approach.

We were developing young players and bringing them through, now apart from the odd one here and there it's not happening, how is that a sensible approach.

Gates are falling, we will be lucky to get 15,000 on Saturday and little is being done to improve this, how is it possibly as sensible approach.

It really ain’t that long ago that we were in a higher position than Leeds and we’re proud on and off the field.
Leeds up until pretty recently were in a lot of bother
Our fall from grace was unforgivable but the waste since ,the loss of the parachute money is worse.
We have made some very bad choices .
I remember sugggesting Farke would be @ fine choice of a co@ch for us to go @fter and got pelters.
Bad choices on both players and coaches

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:31 - Feb 14 with 1206 viewsunion_jack

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:11 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

The reason I said it was because I read somewhere this morning that we are flying close to the FFP zone. I can’t say I know enough about that.

I also don’t know enough about how much has been put in or how much has been taken out. It would be unfair for me to comment.

We’d all love to see good investments made on the pitch and sometimes to get those, of course there are never ever any guarantees, you have to splash the cash. I feel we are buying prospects and moving them on at the first sign of profit.

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:39 - Feb 14 with 1188 viewsReslovenSwan1

The fans were worth £22m and did not want to sell in 2015 or 2016. Whoever ran the Trust then should be criticised and blamed for the club's current woes.

The club has got into a very bad habit of bringing good players and letting them go for nothing. Short termism. Gyorkeres and Whitaker to name two. Fletcher perhaps? Cooper s did not want to buy and develop the Swede while accepting his high potential. Why?

The quick fix of loans denigrates player development. Sadly Cullen is not Sinclair, Cooper is not Allen and Cabango is not Rodon.

I think every one understands now that Yates, Lowe and Cullen and mid level club men and not potential Premier league players. Lovely fellows easy to handle. The big ego potential Premier league players are not tolerated at Swansea. Sir Alex managed Cantona.

It now looks as if Kuharevych is a bit on the 'edgy' side as well. Best to play Cullen. He does not score or create much but is so easy to work with. He actually hates heading the ball. Fletcher too much trouble? "We do not want these guys to big themselves up too much" said Duff.

I like the Potter approach who had a better understanding. When his star centre forward came in worse for wear Potter stated he spent too much time 'gaming' on the laptop and needed to control that and go to bed earlier and he develops as a professional. He was not left to rot.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:46 - Feb 14 with 1182 viewsWhiterockin

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:31 - Feb 14 by union_jack

The reason I said it was because I read somewhere this morning that we are flying close to the FFP zone. I can’t say I know enough about that.

I also don’t know enough about how much has been put in or how much has been taken out. It would be unfair for me to comment.

We’d all love to see good investments made on the pitch and sometimes to get those, of course there are never ever any guarantees, you have to splash the cash. I feel we are buying prospects and moving them on at the first sign of profit.

Because the owners are reluctant to provide clarity regarding ownership and finances nobody knows the financial situation apart from the owners and what they legally have to provide companies house. People speculate on the position but the known facts don't always add up. If you look at last summers players sold and bought, you would think the maths were reasonably simple, if that is the case why was a new charge registered at Companies, the third that has not been satisfied, following on from the second the previous summer. The clubs finances are far from simple. So it is impossible to judge our financial position.
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:53 - Feb 14 with 1164 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:46 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

Because the owners are reluctant to provide clarity regarding ownership and finances nobody knows the financial situation apart from the owners and what they legally have to provide companies house. People speculate on the position but the known facts don't always add up. If you look at last summers players sold and bought, you would think the maths were reasonably simple, if that is the case why was a new charge registered at Companies, the third that has not been satisfied, following on from the second the previous summer. The clubs finances are far from simple. So it is impossible to judge our financial position.

Can you explain this? I do not understand what you are saying.

"if that is the case why was a new charge registered at Companies, the third that has not been satisfied, following on from the second the previous summer."

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 15:00 - Feb 14 with 1149 viewsWhiterockin

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:53 - Feb 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Can you explain this? I do not understand what you are saying.

"if that is the case why was a new charge registered at Companies, the third that has not been satisfied, following on from the second the previous summer."

We have 3 charges recorded at Companies House that have not been satisfied. One last August, one the previous July and one the previous December.

Do you understand the implications?
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 15:49 - Feb 14 with 1089 viewsunion_jack

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 15:00 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

We have 3 charges recorded at Companies House that have not been satisfied. One last August, one the previous July and one the previous December.

Do you understand the implications?

Charges if the club fails to comply with what exactly? Are these loans against assets?

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 16:06 - Feb 14 with 1060 viewsWhiterockin

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 15:49 - Feb 14 by union_jack

Charges if the club fails to comply with what exactly? Are these loans against assets?

Below is a general explanation regarding charges. Because the club provides no clarity regarding individual detailed ownership percentages or financing we never know the details of anything.

https://www.1stformations.co.uk/blog/registering-a-charge-at-companies-house/#:~
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 18:06 - Feb 14 with 934 viewsunion_jack

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 16:06 - Feb 14 by Whiterockin

Below is a general explanation regarding charges. Because the club provides no clarity regarding individual detailed ownership percentages or financing we never know the details of anything.

https://www.1stformations.co.uk/blog/registering-a-charge-at-companies-house/#:~

It’s the assets the charges are over I’d like to know.

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 18:29 - Feb 14 with 901 viewsWhiterockin

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 18:06 - Feb 14 by union_jack

It’s the assets the charges are over I’d like to know.

So would I, as I say no clarity and nobody mentions this debt or how much it is.
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 18:47 - Feb 14 with 872 viewsmax936

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 10:50 - Feb 14 by KeithHaynes

Below average,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 19:08 - Feb 14 with 844 viewsQJumpingJack

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 14:39 - Feb 14 by ReslovenSwan1

The fans were worth £22m and did not want to sell in 2015 or 2016. Whoever ran the Trust then should be criticised and blamed for the club's current woes.

The club has got into a very bad habit of bringing good players and letting them go for nothing. Short termism. Gyorkeres and Whitaker to name two. Fletcher perhaps? Cooper s did not want to buy and develop the Swede while accepting his high potential. Why?

The quick fix of loans denigrates player development. Sadly Cullen is not Sinclair, Cooper is not Allen and Cabango is not Rodon.

I think every one understands now that Yates, Lowe and Cullen and mid level club men and not potential Premier league players. Lovely fellows easy to handle. The big ego potential Premier league players are not tolerated at Swansea. Sir Alex managed Cantona.

It now looks as if Kuharevych is a bit on the 'edgy' side as well. Best to play Cullen. He does not score or create much but is so easy to work with. He actually hates heading the ball. Fletcher too much trouble? "We do not want these guys to big themselves up too much" said Duff.

I like the Potter approach who had a better understanding. When his star centre forward came in worse for wear Potter stated he spent too much time 'gaming' on the laptop and needed to control that and go to bed earlier and he develops as a professional. He was not left to rot.

this thread has been derailed again by comments about the trust 2015/2016. Those issues from 8 years ago have nothing to do with this discussion.

instead of repeating the same stories about the Trust - why don't you contact the people who ran the Trust at the time and ask them. Quite simple. One of them runs another forum and is contactable.
It may save you a lot of time posting the same allegations.
[Post edited 14 Feb 19:17]
Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 17:32 - Feb 15 with 590 viewsReslovenSwan1

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing on 19:08 - Feb 14 by QJumpingJack

this thread has been derailed again by comments about the trust 2015/2016. Those issues from 8 years ago have nothing to do with this discussion.

instead of repeating the same stories about the Trust - why don't you contact the people who ran the Trust at the time and ask them. Quite simple. One of them runs another forum and is contactable.
It may save you a lot of time posting the same allegations.
[Post edited 14 Feb 19:17]

Nothing derailed. Just one comment reminding people that fans are 10%+ owners of the club and share responsibility for the state of the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024