Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whittaker now on 18 20:59 - Feb 14 with 2577 viewsAnotherJohn

Just scored against Coventry. Lati struggling to contain him.
Whittaker now on 18 on 00:41 - Feb 16 with 695 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker now on 18 on 00:34 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

As if Russell Martin ever gave a Monkeys about Swansea City to be afforded that level of protection for his wilful negligence. Not sure why players who are being paid to play for the club are held to higher standards than one who is being paid to manage it.

The attempts to improve his own reputation within the game for "progressive football" ahead of the wellbeing of the club he is ostensibly supposed to be coaching. Even now he's desperate to blame anyone, anything other than himself for the levels of failure we witnessed in his two years at the club.

I have every sympathy for any player who showed the appropriate level of contempt for Martin under those circumstances. As someone who mocked the arrogant buffoon on a weekly basis when he was here, it would be hypocritical of me to do anything else.

If anything his record this season completely justifies the criticism he got last season. He knew full well how to get the best out of the players he had at his disposal. He just refused to do so. It's absolutely no coincidence that his run of form at Southampton coincides almost entirely with his abandonment of his "process", just as his runs of form here did the same.

We wasted two years under this idiot, and both he and his supporters have done their level best since to pretend that someone else was to blame for it.
[Post edited 16 Feb 0:44]

He coached the Swans to within a progressive chance of promotion this season.
But like Cooper before him he was chased out by the idiots who have no idea about running a football club and who certain people are daft enough to speak up for them on millions of invested pounds the majority of which is being hidden in the USA.

Shit club all round it seems.

On you admiring a spilt little brat for unsettling the team and causing trouble for the coaching staff and you condoning it is incredibly odd.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Whittaker now on 18 on 00:50 - Feb 16 with 684 viewsDr_Winston

Whittaker now on 18 on 00:41 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

But like Cooper before him he was chased out by the idiots who have no idea about running a football club and who certain people are daft enough to speak up for them on millions of invested pounds the majority of which is being hidden in the USA.

On you admiring a spilt little brat for unsettling the team and causing trouble for the coaching staff and you condoning it is incredibly odd.

The only reason we didn't make the playoffs last season was him and his idiotic "process". I was no fan of Steve Cooper, but he could easily have made the playoffs in both Martin's seasons with the players he had available.

The difference in results and performances last season, indeed during Russy's entire tenure the less we played his preferred style was starkly obvious.

Even now we have to tolerate him whining about the apparent lack of "support" he had when all along he had a squad capable of going ten games unbeaten. Even now we have to tolerate stories designed to unsettle the club eminating from the South Coast.

Russell Martin was a thin skinned, arrogant prat who couldn't handle any kind of questioning, no matter how constructive about what he was trying to do and this club paid the price for that. Far too many players who could have contributed found themselves sidelined for upsetting his delicate sensibilities.
[Post edited 16 Feb 1:15]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Whittaker now on 18 on 05:58 - Feb 16 with 648 viewsjack247

Whittaker now on 18 on 21:19 - Feb 15 by ReslovenSwan1

No error in my comment. I did not study the timeframes.

Duff was happy to ultimately go with Lowe and co and did not offer Whittaker a starting place he has shown he deserved. He has scored as many goals on his own as the four used combined at a guess.

Huge error in your comment as there often is when you imagine what might have happened to suit your narrative and present it as fact.

You’re stating Duff assessed his forward line on his first day and preferred a striker he had no idea he would sign two months later and one that he never picked over Whittaker.
Whittaker now on 18 on 06:02 - Feb 16 with 644 viewsjack247

Whittaker now on 18 on 22:35 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

Piiroe and mad Mac were not perms benched , that's why
Both went without contempt for our club that Whittaker has
McBurnie would come back,Whittaker would never .

I’m not actually disputing the original point. However much of an idiot Whittaker was, we’ve let a talented player slip through our fingers cheaply.

Fully get that. I’m asking why we have to have the exact same thread every time he scores. Surely it’s not just me bored of it?
Whittaker now on 18 on 09:51 - Feb 16 with 547 viewsonehunglow

Whittaker now on 18 on 06:02 - Feb 16 by jack247

I’m not actually disputing the original point. However much of an idiot Whittaker was, we’ve let a talented player slip through our fingers cheaply.

Fully get that. I’m asking why we have to have the exact same thread every time he scores. Surely it’s not just me bored of it?

It’s a fair point but we are only human and I would suggest,again,given our current plight, this kid is a paradigm of where we really are and are shocking is our judgement .
It’s not really,IMO ,so much lack of investment and funds but sheer incompetence .
Finally,many outstanding players have been “ troublesome”.
It’s all about man management ,which the great managers excelled at. Paisley,Shankly,Busby ,Ferguson,Cartwright,Nicholson, Clough ,Stein all had that skill.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Whittaker now on 18 on 09:58 - Feb 16 with 550 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker now on 18 on 09:51 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

It’s a fair point but we are only human and I would suggest,again,given our current plight, this kid is a paradigm of where we really are and are shocking is our judgement .
It’s not really,IMO ,so much lack of investment and funds but sheer incompetence .
It’s all about man management ,which the great managers excelled at. Paisley,Shankly,Busby ,Ferguson,Cartwright,Nicholson, Clough ,Stein all had that skill.

And bar one are all dead like this thread.

Whittaker now on 18 on 11:09 - Feb 16 with 514 viewsjack247

Whittaker now on 18 on 09:51 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

You’re always going to be disappointed if you compare Championship managers with the best who ever lived.

If we’re signing rough diamonds and hoping to polish them, it’s always going to be a mixed bag. You’re going to have your Piroes and Downes, hopefully your Josh Keys and your Ronalds as well as your Ogbetas and Josephs who don’t quite make it and your Obafemis and Whittakers who come with talent and baggage and leave the way they did.
Whittaker now on 18 on 12:18 - Feb 16 with 495 viewsswancity

Whittaker now on 18 on 00:50 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

The only reason we didn't make the playoffs last season was him and his idiotic "process". I was no fan of Steve Cooper, but he could easily have made the playoffs in both Martin's seasons with the players he had available.

The difference in results and performances last season, indeed during Russy's entire tenure the less we played his preferred style was starkly obvious.

Even now we have to tolerate him whining about the apparent lack of "support" he had when all along he had a squad capable of going ten games unbeaten. Even now we have to tolerate stories designed to unsettle the club eminating from the South Coast.

Russell Martin was a thin skinned, arrogant prat who couldn't handle any kind of questioning, no matter how constructive about what he was trying to do and this club paid the price for that. Far too many players who could have contributed found themselves sidelined for upsetting his delicate sensibilities.
[Post edited 16 Feb 1:15]

What a pile of complete and utter invented nonsense. Much like many of your posts. Repeating the same inaccurate stuff constantly doesn’t make it any more factual Jobs.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Whittaker now on 18 on 14:05 - Feb 16 with 433 viewsonehunglow

Whittaker now on 18 on 11:09 - Feb 16 by jack247

You’re always going to be disappointed if you compare Championship managers with the best who ever lived.

If we’re signing rough diamonds and hoping to polish them, it’s always going to be a mixed bag. You’re going to have your Piroes and Downes, hopefully your Josh Keys and your Ronalds as well as your Ogbetas and Josephs who don’t quite make it and your Obafemis and Whittakers who come with talent and baggage and leave the way they did.

No comparison
I was merely highlighting those managers able to deal with difficult players .

Whittaker now on 18 on 14:14 - Feb 18 with 304 viewsSullutaCreturned

Whittaker now on 18 on 00:41 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

Oh no, he coached the Swans out of a play off place. When he gave up his preferred way of playing we won games. When he stuck rigidly to his system we went on a run of 21 games with 3 wins, that cost us the play offs.

I have watched Southampton this season, they dont mess around at the back like we used to, they get the ball forward quickly and they shoot from anywhere.

I still remember Martin admitting shouting at Futon not to shoot at 2 each with a 15 minutes left when on the edge of their box. Fulton scored, we won.
Whittaker now on 18 on 15:38 - Feb 18 with 272 viewsgrabsplatter

Whittaker now on 18 on 06:02 - Feb 16 by jack247

No it's not just you, I find it utterly tedious too.
Entrenched views on either side that are never going to change.
I'm far more concerned about the players who still play for us tbh...
Whittaker now on 18 on 16:41 - Feb 18 with 242 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker now on 18 on 15:38 - Feb 18 by grabsplatter

No it's not just you, I find it utterly tedious too.
Entrenched views on either side that are never going to change.
I'm far more concerned about the players who still play for us tbh...

There’s the truth and then the dislike of a person which clouds his ability as a coach to prove a point.

Whittaker now on 18 on 16:43 - Feb 18 with 234 viewsonehunglow

It’s tedious to see words repeated overused time and time again.
One nans tedium is another man’s stimulant

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024